Book V Speculation and Discussion Thread

Well... Book V come to a close.

Overall... it was alright. It had some interesting points. I liked about Ótr's backstory, and the idea of someone trying to replicate the Summoner's gun.

We got some new info about Eitri, how she alive since the beginning of Niðavellir, and she has a backstory with Loki looks like. "With the power you gave me, I've kept this realm safe", looks like Loki was the one that granted Eitri a knowledge/power to stay alive all those years? Eitri mentioned something about "manage to borrow some talents from a dragon"... maybe Loki was the one that helped Eitri to get that power.

Interesting how Eitri kept non-royals away from the throne by using the Crown and decent who wore it into madness. She was very loyal to her realms until the end, in her ways.

Dagr ending as a substitute queen of Niðavellir until Reginn feels she is ready to assume the throne was a interesting choice... At least they didn't kill her too in a very dumb way.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what Eitri’s motivation was. She cared about Niddlevir (sic) and condemned Askr for its summoning… so she let Otr devastate the country and almost kill the real heir, and built her own summoning gun and repeatedly experimented to perfect it?

Eitri's revelation ("I will tell you everything if you can reach me" and then actually telling you) reminded me a lot of Jhan from FE6, almost makes me want to play FE6 all over again...

Also, I knew that those guys mentioned in the castle would be important! Interesting to know that they we all Eitri though.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

I have no idea what Eitri’s motivation was. She cared about Niddlevir (sic) and condemned Askr for its summoning… so she let Otr devastate the country and almost kill the real heir, and built her own summoning gun and repeatedly experimented to perfect it?

Eitri was a friend of Nidavellir's first king and helped him to found the kingdom. After his (early) death, she felt that she would have to take care of Nidavellir all by herself, so she found a way to keep extending her life by switching bodies every time she dies to guarantee the order around Nidavellir, she was all of those respected guys that did Seidjárn research. We can see that Eitri was very devoted to the kingdom and the first king, so much that one of her Seidjárn was the Nidavellir crown, that would guarantee that only the descendants of the first king would be able to rule the country because she felt that if someone else ruled it they would be ruining what they created, but since Ótr's family coup d'etat, she thought that all of the royal family died, so she was going to use Fafnir to... Well, last month during chapter 12 I had a clearer idea of why she had to transform him into a dragon, I don't exactly remember it now, really, I forgot, but she thought that he was ruining the Nidavellir that she created and wanted to control him or something...(please, someone give me a help with this part)  Well, anyway, she finds out that Reggin is alive and now wants her to be the new queen (now she doesnt need Fafnir anymore, I think thats when she transforms him into a dragon...again, I dont exactly remember it), but Reggin says that she doesnt want this and that Eitri will pay for killing her brothers, Eitri actually wants to make everything as it was before (like in her other lifes), she wants Reggin to be the queen and wants to be at her side as they make sure that Nidavellir rises, she doesnt want to fight Reggin, in fact she even offers to bring Ótr and Fafnir back (but from other worlds of course) as a peace offer and is hiding so she can talk to Reggin and convince her to accept this deal before the order of heroes kills her, but of course that Reggin refuses so Eitri has to fight her and ultimately dies (because she forgot that Reggin could kill her for real with Gramr)

Also during this time, she keeps doing her Seidjárn research, with one this things being to try to replicate the Breidablik and to create a weapon to close portals, all because she thought that Askr was way too powerful for having this power and she wanted Nidavellir to be better (she views Breidablik as a thread because it can't be replicated with Seidjárn so she want the actual Breidablik, after she saw that she couldn't replicate it)

Basically, she dedicated all of her lifes to Nidavellir and wanted the kingdom to be the strongest again (and was doing lots of abhorrent experiments to achieve this), so she wanted Fafnir to go around conquering everything, but when she found out that Reggin was the rightful queen, she ditched Fafnir and tried to convince Reggin to rule the kingdom and have her at her side as her Seidjárn researcher, but obviously Reggin didn't want Eitri at her side after everything she did so she killed her. End

Maybe it's because I expected an ending movie or know a Xenolouge is coming, but something feels unfinished.

I suppose Eitri might not truly be gone, we don't know how her multiple lives works, and she's gone by multiple names in each life, she could theoretically reenter the plot at any moment, the dust part is unnatural enough for me to be suspicious.

And I'm still curious what Loki is planning; I wish I kept better notes. This chapter I think we confirmed she's a thousand year old dragon, which historically create and support one kingdom, yet she's been establishing herself in multiple kingdoms for thousands of years despite Alfador having written out the future, and she's unable to enter Embla's blood temple.

Ooooh... It was Loki that she was talking about? I thought that it was the dragon that blessed the first king of Nidavellir. I'm also deadly curious to know why the hell can't she enter Embla's blood temple, I could even go as far as to dare to guess that she may be Embla herself (But then...she would probably be able to enter in her own temple... idk, really, idk)

Also, when are we suposed to have the ending movie released anyway? Or it was just skipped this time? And the xenologue, they are usually released how many time after the end of the book?

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Ooooh... It was Loki that she was talking about? I thought that it was the dragon that blessed the first king of Nidavellir. I'm also deadly curious to know why the hell can't she enter Embla's blood temple, I could even go as far as to dare to guess that she may be Embla herself (But then...she would probably be able to enter in her own temple... idk, really, idk)

Also, when are we suposed to have the ending movie released anyway? Or it was just skipped this time? And the xenologue, they are usually released how many time after the end of the book?

We likely won't get a Xenologue. We didn't get one last year.

The ending video was basically a replacement for that, and last year it came about 8 or 9 days after Book 4's final chapter.

21 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

We likely won't get a Xenologue. We didn't get one last year.

The ending video was basically a replacement for that, and last year it came about 8 or 9 days after Book 4's final chapter.

Oh...thats a shame. These animated clips are pretty cool, but I think I'd rather get 3 orbs for one map. Well, as long as we have something, fine by me (hope we can get to see Dagr at Reggin's side, I really wanna know their size difference).

Thanks for answering me though.

Huh. Well, given the time, I guess it's not surprising that there are already a bunch of comments on this.

Anyway, hmm let's see... Well, this last chapter at least told us about Eitri. She was here since the country began, and was close with its founding king (who died young from illness, which might be from receiving a dragon's power, just like how Fjorm got sick after performing the Rite of Frost.) Apparently, Reginn looks a lot like him (sounds familiar. Like, Fjorm and Hvergel familiar.) Eitri is confirmed to not be a dragon, but to greatly support the royal family, which came from (and possesses the power of) the country's dragon. Eitri also, as suspected, body-hopped in order to live this long. What was a pleasant surprise, however, was that Eitri got a bit of depth. She was all the great inventors of the past that the country had, and her driving force was her loyalty to the first king, and only really wanted to get the rightful line on the throne again. She very much did not orchestrate the coup that killed Reginn's parents. As suspected, Eitri did design the crown, and that's the thing that made Fafnir go crazy. Still ambiguous about what happened to Otr, though, so that's a bummer. And, as expected, Eitri being given a "look, she's not so bad" did happen. That said, it happened in a less dramatic/less overt way, which is nice, and the player gets to decide whether or not she gets a pass for what she was doing ('cause the characters in the story sure don't give her one.) Eitri's sense for the gravity of life and death was atrophied to the point of nothing by her living for so long. It just had less weight for her since she didn't really feel threatened by death, personally. The body-hopping ability also may have been given to her by Loki, whom she is friends with. That might be clarified later as the story shifts to Alfador, Loki, and Thorr.

Dagr winks twice, has nicknames for Alfonse and Sharena, and mentions those two and the summoner by name, but only refers to Anna inclusive to "all you Askrans."

Reginn cries again. But the story does round off well by explaining what actually happens to the country's rulership at the end and why the main character starts working with the Order of Heroes. Reginn and Dagr get good character development here at the end of the last chapter, with both of them accepting their responsibilities and finding their own ways in preparing for them. That said, I don't like Alfonse's line referring to "Fafnir's tyranny." Like, the guy didn't have a choice and actually would have been a fantastic ruler, but Eitri was suppressing his memory and the crown was screwing up his mind. It wasn't his fault, yeesh. And after meeting the guy, too...

But, unfortunately, I wound up feeling like "Glad that's finally over." Not sure why. I enjoyed most of the book, but at the end, it's like all this story fatigue just hit at once. Maybe it's because of other things; I don't know. Anyway, I feel like the ending rounded off well, and the story had a strong start, but there are still some plot holes that need filling and a couple of inconsistencies that should have been smoothed out beforehand.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Huh. Well, given the time, I guess it's not surprising that there are already a bunch of comments on this.

Anyway, hmm let's see... Well, this last chapter at least told us about Eitri. She was here since the country began, and was close with its founding king (who died young from illness, which might be from receiving a dragon's power, just like how Fjorm got sick after performing the Rite of Frost.) Apparently, Reginn looks a lot like him (sounds familiar. Like, Fjorm and Hvergel familiar.) Eitri is confirmed to not be a dragon, but to greatly support the royal family, which came from (and possesses the power of) the country's dragon. Eitri also, as suspected, body-hopped in order to live this long. What was a pleasant surprise, however, was that Eitri got a bit of depth. She was all the great inventors of the past that the country had, and her driving force was her loyalty to the first king, and only really wanted to get the rightful line on the throne again. She very much did not orchestrate the coup that killed Reginn's parents. As suspected, Eitri did design the crown, and that's the thing that made Fafnir go crazy. Still ambiguous about what happened to Otr, though, so that's a bummer. And, as expected, Eitri being given a "look, she's not so bad" did happen. That said, it happened in a less dramatic/less overt way, which is nice, and the player gets to decide whether or not she gets a pass for what she was doing ('cause the characters in the story sure don't give her one.) Eitri's sense for the gravity of life and death was atrophied to the point of nothing by her living for so long. It just had less weight for her since she didn't really feel threatened by death, personally. The body-hopping ability also may have been given to her by Loki, whom she is friends with. That might be clarified later as the story shifts to Alfador, Loki, and Thorr.

Dagr winks twice, has nicknames for Alfonse and Sharena, and mentions those two and the summoner by name, but only refers to Anna inclusive to "all you Askrans."

Reginn cries again. But the story does round off well by explaining what actually happens to the country's rulership at the end and why the main character starts working with the Order of Heroes. Reginn and Dagr get good character development here at the end of the last chapter, with both of them accepting their responsibilities and finding their own ways in preparing for them. That said, I don't like Alfonse's line referring to "Fafnir's tyranny." Like, the guy didn't have a choice and actually would have been a fantastic ruler, but Eitri was suppressing his memory and the crown was screwing up his mind. It wasn't his fault, yeesh. And after meeting the guy, too...

But, unfortunately, I wound up feeling like "Glad that's finally over." Not sure why. I enjoyed most of the book, but at the end, it's like all this story fatigue just hit at once. Maybe it's because of other things; I don't know. Anyway, I feel like the ending rounded off well, and the story had a strong start, but there are still some plot holes that need filling and a couple of inconsistencies that should have been smoothed out beforehand.

I don't think Eitri fits in the "Look, shes not so bad" category, she really had a very... noble/loyal? motive to do what she did but the means to get what she wanted (and the experiences she does with Seidjárn, probably in a regular basis, not to mention how she likely gets the bodies that she hops to) were pretty grotesque, and the way she feels about the whole situation (like, no remorse at all, she is even proud of what she did, is very aphatetic about all of the deaths and people that went mad treating them as "just one more mistake", and she REALLY has some extreme lack of emphaty that is so big that becomes an impediment for her to even pretend that she cares, as we can see when she says "of course they wouldnt be your actual brothers but they could pretend they are" to Reggin, while trying to save her OWN SKIN, SHE SAYS THIS! is it that hard to PRETEND that you care when you are trying to be persuasive????) is also pretty bad, thats why she is a bad(terrible) person and really "she's THAT bad", she's just unredimably cruel, she did all she did and doesnt even give a fuck, having a kind of noble motive to do it doesnt excuse all she did. At least for me.

I really like what they did in the end, like how they explained what happens to Reggin, Dagr and Nidavellir after the end.

And I... also had this "glad that's finally over" feeling, don't know why, I also enjoyed most of the book and looking back it doesnt sound as tiring as, say, book II. Really, I don't know why, maybe its because we were having this story at the same time as Ice and Flame and it sounded like too much? Idk.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:26 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

Dagr ending as a substitute queen of Niðavellir until Reginn feels she is ready to assume the throne was a interesting choice...

In real life I doubt that would go over well (you'd get people complaining that Reginn abandoned her country or was conspiring with Jotunheimr all along or something), but it was a cute ending nonetheless. It was a nice touch that Eitri was trying to help Nidavellir in her own warped way too (though it doesn't excuse her actions, obviously), but overall this ending felt quite underwhelming for me. I'm still looking forward to Book VI though!

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm still looking forward to Book VI though!

Oh heck yes; me too. I wonder what the theme of this new one will be... I hope we don't get put on rails for the ending. I want to meet more characters and explore more oddly-compatible genres. (And FINALLY get a male costar/freebie unit.) Y'know, actually, it'd be cool if IS followed up on Fafnir being from another world and actually opened up a gate to his original world. Maybe we could team up with sane Fafnir this time in order to help the kingdom he serves and meet his family. (C'mon, IS. You know you want to. You'll get to use Reginn's cryface more.)

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

In real life I doubt that would go over well (you'd get people complaining that Reginn abandoned her country or was conspiring with Jotunheimr all along or something)

IRL regencies for underaged monarchs was a thing, sometimes with the regents trying to assert power well after their liege has reached adulthood. In other instances, it's not unheard of for a monarch to withdraw from daily affairs and entrust most matters to their chancellor/prime minister/political favorite. This sometimes happened b/c the king was mentally ill, but it was also true of monarchs who were perfectly sane and simply very aloof, of normal mediocrity, or more concerned with war or hedonistic pleasure than governance. But surrendering the royal title altogether? Yes, that would be strange.

The IS that used to care about how they wrote ruling characters is gone, if Reginn wasn't proof enough of that. When the story itself is an excuse to pander to the player, IS doesn't give a shit anymore about writing kings or queens who can put their country over themselves. Fjorm is damn lucky she has an older brother who would've gotten the throne over her anyway so she could go gallivanting off wherever she wanted.

I don't think there's any point in hoping IS can write a good story anymore. They're so insistent on pigeonholing themselves into 13 chapters per story and rushing the last few chapters with a lot of nothing in the middle, and their characters have gotten progressively worse and worse. I'm definitely done with the story.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IRL regencies for underaged monarchs was a thing, sometimes with the regents trying to assert power well after their liege has reached adulthood. In other instances, it's not unheard of for a monarch to withdraw from daily affairs and entrust most matters to their chancellor/prime minister/political favorite. This sometimes happened b/c the king was mentally ill, but it was also true of monarchs who were perfectly sane and simply very aloof, of normal mediocrity, or more concerned with war or hedonistic pleasure than governance. But surrendering the royal title altogether? Yes, that would be strange.

I think that the problem would not only be withdrawing from royal affairs and entrust it to a chancellor/etc, it would be that Reggin entrusted it to Dagr, that is the princess of a kingdom that had problems with Nidavellir for ages. Or that she didn't entrusted Nidavellir to a experienced person but instead she did it to a random teenager that (besides being the princess of a kingdom that had problems with Nidavellir for ages) is ruling it as a "free trial" to learn how to be a queen. Pretty sure that if it was actual reality, the people would freak out if they learned it

Sorry, double posting because I can't add new quotes to edits

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The IS that used to care about how they wrote ruling characters is gone, if Reginn wasn't proof enough of that. When the story itself is an excuse to pander to the player, IS doesn't give a shit anymore about writing kings or queens who can put their country over themselves. Fjorm is damn lucky she has an older brother who would've gotten the throne over her anyway so she could go gallivanting off wherever she wanted.

I don't think there's any point in hoping IS can write a good story anymore. They're so insistent on pigeonholing themselves into 13 chapters per story and rushing the last few chapters with a lot of nothing in the middle, and their characters have gotten progressively worse and worse. I'm definitely done with the story.

I don't think that the problem is IS's writing in general, its exclusevely FEH's writing because probably every guy working at IS that can write well is working on better games (or in the future FE's entries) and not in writing the story of a mobile game that half of the players don't give a shit anyway. All they have to do is to invent any stuff that will provide background to the new profitable OC waifus that will be featured in the next banners, thats it.

I actually mostly enjoy the story because it usually acts as the "so bad that its good" kind, I couldn't watch Plumeria and Triandra's backstories without actually laughing out loud even if there was no one around (and I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the intended reaction that the writers wanted the players to have) nor retain my laugh in any second that Muspell makes an appearence on screen and not once he was actually suposed to be funny too, but for me the story has some good and emotional moments too (like Nótt's death, I actually liked Ótr's death speech and his whole madness thing, most of book III,...) even if you always reconize that everything is way more edgy and overly dramatic than it should. Basically you know that almost all is bad but you still like some parts anyway, the perfect example gotta be Sonic Adventure and Sonic Advdenture 2, have you ever played it? They're both good but still full of plot holes, you catch yourself laughing at serious moments but for reason feeling touched by others (that are equally poorly written) and this kind of thing. 

Also a lot of the fun of the story is in trying to guess what will happen (and who will be the "actually Alfonse" or "Not actually Alfonse" character from the book) because sometimes its obvious and sometimes is not as the story is full of plot twists, and of course: The memes (sometimes also trying to predict the story). Like, when this all ends I will remember the hours I have been here in SF trying to predict the future of this story with all of you and all fun I had doing it and being obssessed about a badly written story of a mobile game, even if the ending happens to be awful, the fun I have laughing at it will stay, and I will probably miss having a story like this to predict in a forum.

I think it's more born from IS not wanting to take back the unit they gave us, it only makes sense for the unit to stay with us if Reginn is with us and not geographically isolated and occupied with rebuilding a nation.

11 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I think it's more born from IS not wanting to take back the unit they gave us, it only makes sense for the unit to stay with us if Reginn is with us and not geographically isolated and occupied with rebuilding a nation.

Sure, thats real word explanation for Reggin to stay with the order in the game, but we were saying what would happen if Reggin was a real person from the real word and gave up the throne like this for some time and "lent" it to Dagr. It probably wouldnt go as well as Alfonse thought it would, Nidavellir's people would probably not be "more than willing to do this for Reggin" just because she saved them from Fafnir.

37 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Snip, because it's long

Awakening, Fates, and 3H had the same issues that Heroes did when it comes to rulers. It's just that Heroes really amped up to 11 what was already written on the walls. With the focus on an avatar and pandering to the player, and less on writing a cohesive plot that exists outside of the player, the writers' primary motivations is to create characters that revolve around the player and not so much those that are good characters for making difficult decisions or for being morally complex.

Emmeryn and Chrom are both pretty terrible rulers, just looking at what we were given, but the story acts as if these flaws aren't actually flaws because we're supposed to love them. Eirika and Elincia (and Celica) were called out by the story, hard, for being too naive and gentle. Something that Emmeryn gets called a saint for despite being 1000x worse as a character than the other three. Xander and the Nohr siblings are content to slaughter their own soldiers because ~reasons~ over situations that don't really make sense (ch. 18, what the fuck are you even), and 3H focuses so much on the lords and the playable characters that we never really see things from the perspective of a true ordinary person.

Heroes is just more blatant about the direction the series had started going in long before.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

3H focuses so much on the lords and the playable characters that we never really see things from the perspective of a true ordinary person.

I don't really agree with that.

As much as Byleth and the Lords get a lot of attention, many of the other characters like Dorothea, Ashe, Raphael, and such do give a lot of insight into what a lot of commoners in Fodlan go through, and the fact that they have new dialogue in every new chapter helps give new insight into how they're affected by the war.

If anything, I think one area Three Houses really excels at more than most FE games is showing how numerous people, nobles and commoners alike, are affected by the war. Even more that, you get a good idea of what they go through.

Even outside of the playable cast, you get a lot of NPC's around the monastery (and Abyss) that give further insights. I'd say only the Tellius games probably do a better job of showing how the common man is handling things.

10 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I think that the problem would not only be withdrawing from royal affairs and entrust it to a chancellor/etc, it would be that Reggin entrusted it to Dagr, that is the princess of a kingdom that had problems with Nidavellir for ages. Or that she didn't entrusted Nidavellir to a experienced person but instead she did it to a random teenager that (besides being the princess of a kingdom that had problems with Nidavellir for ages) is ruling it as a "free trial" to learn how to be a queen. Pretty sure that if it was actual reality, the people would freak out if they learned it

Actually, the conflict between the kingdoms ended a long time ago, and they have since been on peaceful terms. The whole reason the giants had the sword in the first place was because it was a gift during peace talks. The reason Nidavellir had so much war going on for so long was because of internal conflict resulting from the power vacuum left after the coup, which was well after the giants became independent. Then the war continued because Fafnir went crazy (because of the crown which was because of Eitri, who may have been self-destructing the country because she thought her favorite family line was gone) and started taking over other countries.

Book 5 was a pile of horsesh** as was book 4.

Book3 was the best and i was hoping then they would go that route an increase the quality.

My last srtaw of hope is Tempest trials. Thats at least getting interesting.

And i really really wish they would stop witch filler stuff. Goddamn progress the story and give solid background instead 5 parts of a chapter and only 2 of them have dialogue..,

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't really agree with that.

As much as Byleth and the Lords get a lot of attention, many of the other characters like Dorothea, Ashe, Raphael, and such do give a lot of insight into what a lot of commoners in Fodlan go through, and the fact that they have new dialogue in every new chapter helps give new insight into how they're affected by the war.

If anything, I think one area Three Houses really excels at more than most FE games is showing how numerous people, nobles and commoners alike, are affected by the war. Even more that, you get a good idea of what they go through.

Even outside of the playable cast, you get a lot of NPC's around the monastery (and Abyss) that give further insights. I'd say only the Tellius games probably do a better job of showing how the common man is handling things.

Not sure if its better, but FE6 does a pretty good job at this too.

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Actually, the conflict between the kingdoms ended a long time ago, and they have since been on peaceful terms. The whole reason the giants had the sword in the first place was because it was a gift during peace talks. The reason Nidavellir had so much war going on for so long was because of internal conflict resulting from the power vacuum left after the coup, which was well after the giants became independent. Then the war continued because Fafnir went crazy (because of the crown which was because of Eitri, who may have been self-destructing the country because she thought her favorite family line was gone) and started taking over other countries.

Yeah, I thought about the sword thing too, but as far as I remember (I could be wrong though) Nidavellir and Jotunheimr were not allies, they were just "on peaceful terms" as you said (and maybe each country only did it to benefit itself and its own people too, idk), depending on how long they have been on peaceful terms the common Nidavellir folk opinion about Jotunheirm could still not be really good (like, think about FE6, even after the war, how many lycians are probably still racist toward berneses even years after the war? the common folk can be hard to convince and I don't think that they would all like to have a bernese marquess or something like this). Also, I also dont exactly remember this but hadn't Fafnir attacked Jotunheimr too? the royals now know what was going on but this could have made it even harder to convince common people.

20 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yeah, I thought about the sword thing too, but as far as I remember (I could be wrong though) Nidavellir and Jotunheimr were not allies, they were just "on peaceful terms" as you said (and maybe each country only did it to benefit itself and its own people too, idk), depending on how long they have been on peaceful terms the common Nidavellir folk opinion about Jotunheirm could still not be really good (like, think about FE6, even after the war, how many lycians are probably still racist toward berneses even years after the war? the common folk can be hard to convince and I don't think that they would all like to have a bernese marquess or something like this). Also, I also dont exactly remember this but hadn't Fafnir attacked Jotunheimr too? the royals now know what was going on but this could have made it even harder to convince common people.

I know almost nothing about FE6, so I can't really do any sort of comparison there, but that's not really the main point I want to talk about. Anyway, the Jotunn came under threat by Otr, but only really in his deception of Nott. (Thinking about it, neither one actually made it through the book. Huh. Anyway.) I'm pretty sure that once Fafnir took power (and went crazy, since he was originally trying to establish peace in Nidavellir), he started taking over other countries, but not Jotunnheimr. They were small potatoes to the one(s) making the choices, I think. Despite having big people, I really got the impression that they're not that big/populous a country.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I know almost nothing about FE6, so I can't really do any sort of comparison there, but that's not really the main point I want to talk about. Anyway, the Jotunn came under threat by Otr, but only really in his deception of Nott. (Thinking about it, neither one actually made it through the book. Huh. Anyway.) I'm pretty sure that once Fafnir took power (and went crazy, since he was originally trying to establish peace in Nidavellir), he started taking over other countries, but not Jotunnheimr. They were small potatoes to the one(s) making the choices, I think. Despite having big people, I really got the impression that they're not that big/populous a country.

Just curious, why? I didn't have any kind of impression about whether the country is populous or not, was it ever stated or is really just the impression you had?

Also, I'm really curious to see more about Jotunheimr in the future(more than to know more about Nidavellir, really), I want to see Nótt's and Dagr's mother (and father if they have one) and want to know if Surtr is related to Jotunheimr somehow, I mean, I always wondered why he is so big and since the actual Surtr from norse mythology is a giant from jotinheimr and FEH decided to make him like 2 or 3 times the size of a normal person (and Dagr says sometime in the book that adult giants are twice or thrice her size or something like this, if I'm remembering correctly), I think that there's probably going to be a connection between this (not that that I think that it will ever be important, but it would be cool if ever mentioned nonetheless).

Also, I'm pretty excited to have the ending clip(not sure if we will have one though, I wonder what they would put there) because as I already said, I want to see Reggin and Dagr size comparision (and their comparision with normal people like Alfonse and Sharena, I'm pretty sure that Dagr is already taller than average even if she's not giantess size yet, and I'll be really disapointed if Reggin happens to not be short)

Oh, and I just remembered that, since Ótr died he will obviously not join Líf's band, I thought that it would be the norm from now on (to have all of the sub villain's/villain's henchmen left joining it), but guess not? So I really don't know what would be in an ending clip, thats why I think that we might have a xenologue instead this time (and I'm excited about it too because, besides the 3 orbs, Loki always gives some clues about the next book and I want so see what will it be).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I'm really excited for the next book!!!!