Book V Speculation and Discussion Thread

Well, the last video of Book 5 may have provided a single hint as to what the next book will be like. Evidently, Book 4 wasn't trippy enough, so something very strange will occur next. Yay...

If I'm reading too much into that hint, though, then I actually thought of another theory before seeing the video. FEH likes dualities, so this is right up their alley, and FEH could really use more native beast units than just Freyr and Freyja. I know we have wolf Laguz and the wolfskin from Fates, but if we had wolf beast units as a sort of tribal people ("tribal" is an aesthetic that FEH hasn't covered yet) then IS could totally do a "night vs day" arc centering around Hati (wolf who tries to eat the moon) and Skoll (wolf who tries to eat the sun) and maybe having the big bad actually be Fenrir, whom we have to subdue with the collar from the Norse mythos (Gungagap or whatever it was called.) It's FEH-style writing just set up and waiting. Duality, unique aesthetic/world theme, (green) big bad (especially if Skoll and Hati are red and blue units), based on Norse mythology, and a mcguffin. PLUS we get more beasts, which is a limited unit type already. One side stuck in eternal day and the other stuck in eternal night and both coveting the other's light source (all-night wanting some day so they go after the sun (Skoll) and all-day wanting some night so they go after the moon (Hati)) but it's actually the fault of some evil shaman-like wolf guy (Fenrir) who stopped time for both of them or whatever and he needs to be collar'd to seal away his powers and make time return to normal, and the order tries to convince both sides that everyone's suffering here and they actually need to work together in order to make time flow normally again... Yep. Sounds like a FEH plot to me. And actually, the "strangeness" thing could apply here, especially if spirit journeys (a shamanistic thing) get involved, or you can go with the whole "lunacy" thing ("luna" being the root word of "lunacy," referring to the myth about going crazy under a full moon and intrinsically tied to the legend of (wait for it) werewolves.) So, all of it fits in a nice, little package...and IS may just never think of it/go for it, but hey, it would work nicely.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic