Book V Speculation and Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

The seventh world? What worlds have the characters been to, or at least got mentioned? I know they’ve been to Zenith, The frost world, the fire world, Hell, and the dreamworld. I know some Asgard equivalent and the world of steel got mentioned (if the world of steel even is part of the nine worlds somehow), but I don’t think they’ve been to either.

If the two dream realms are separate worlds, we've been to six so far, so this will be the seventh. If they count as one, this will be the sixth.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

He'll probably be a she, actually. Snake lady. Probably with green hair or something because IS has a thing for green-haired female serpents (looking at Tiki, Naga, Mila, and Sothis.)

(Also, please note that "serpent" can mean either "snake" or "dragon," which is why I used it here.)

Oh, he very well could be a she considering what happened to Loki and Thor, but with IS they tend to make their villain dragons male more often then female. Across the franchise's history only one female dragon has been a villain, and even then you could debate that status due to how she fits into the story. There's a fair chance they'll leave him as is and just make him another villain dragon like Medeus and Duma, especially since Jormungandr in Norse Mythology is an antagonistic character by nature.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

If the two dream realms are separate worlds, we've been to six so far, so this will be the seventh. If they count as one, this will be the sixth.

Right, I forgot that the dreamworlds were two separate worlds, since they both showed up together. That makes more sense.

1 hour ago, wheelsonfire said:

Right, I forgot that the dreamworlds were two separate worlds, since they both showed up together. That makes more sense.

Yeah, Ljósálfheimr and Dökkálfheimr are meant to represent both Alfheim and Svartalfheim, and are even named as such in the Japanese version.

Sadly, the new names they were given in the English version make this connection less obvious. Don't get why Nintendo of America made such a change.

10 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah, Ljósálfheimr and Dökkálfheimr are meant to represent both Alfheim and Svartalfheim, and are even named as such in the Japanese version.

Sadly, the new names they were given in the English version make this connection less obvious. Don't get why Nintendo of America made such a change.

For its worth, Dökkálfar and Ljósálfar are what the Dark Elves and Light Elves are called. So while an odd choice of localization, it's still an accurate one.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, Medeus said:

Oh, he very well could be a she considering what happened to Loki and Thor, but with IS they tend to make their villain dragons male more often then female. Across the franchise's history only one female dragon has been a villain, and even then you could debate that status due to how she fits into the story. There's a fair chance they'll leave him as is and just make him another villain dragon like Medeus and Duma, especially since Jormungandr in Norse Mythology is an antagonistic character by nature.

Ture. That's also if they stick with the snake being a villain. They've kind of proven that they'll apply names wherever they want to (like Alfonse's sword. I think it was a field in the actual mythology?)

I just hope for a theme I can get behind. The fairy aesthetic, music, characters, and convoluted story of book IV turned me off completely and I started skipping all dialogue almost immediately.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:11 PM, Mysterique Sign said:

Not really sure how they'd incorporate a giant wolf and a giant snake into this game.

Oh, they could just be Beast and Dragon units

With a human form , but in battle, they show their head to the side of the field, like Idunn.

Coincidently it seems like Mjollnir Strikes seems to come to an "End" exactly when Book V opens... the only battle we have left is Emeryn and Petrine.

Maybe its really just a coincidence or IS planned this ahead and will replace Mjollnir strike with something similar? The training is over for Alfonse and co and Thor is now more involved in Book 5s story.

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Coincidently it seems like Mjollnir Strikes seems to come to an "End" exactly when Book V opens... the only battle we have left is Emeryn and Petrine.

Maybe its really just a coincidence or IS planned this ahead and will replace Mjollnir strike with something similar? The training is over for Alfonse and co and Thor is now more involved in Book 5s story.

Have they ever officially "retired" a mode, though?  It feels like we're getting less tap battles for instance, but there was one not too long ago.

16 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Have they ever officially "retired" a mode, though?  It feels like we're getting less tap battles for instance, but there was one not too long ago.

Relay Defense sends its regards from the shed that IS took it out back to after it (Relay Defense) was only run twice. And yeah, they are not-so-subtly sweeping Tap Battle under the rug (the last new / non-revival one was late April of this year).

Coincidently, I have the strangest except not really feeling that Frontline Phalanx is going to end up in that shed too. It's already pretty telling that, about two and a half months later, they have yet to bring that one back even once.

40 minutes ago, Hilda said:

What about Nemesis and Galle? Is there some reason to think they're skipping those?

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Relay Defense sends its regards from the shed that IS took it out back to after it (Relay Defense) was only run twice. And yeah, they are not-so-subtly sweeping Tap Battle under the rug (the last new / non-revival one was late April of this year).

Coincidently, I have the strangest except not really feeling that Frontline Phalanx is going to end up in that shed too. It's already pretty telling that, about two and a half months later, they have yet to bring that one back even once.

Don't forget Blessed Gardens.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

What about Nemesis and Galle? Is there some reason to think they're skipping those?

Nah, not even them yet. Jorge yeah, I know it's easy to forget that he of all characters was a GHB and thus will try to conquer Askr in MS will be next up after Eremiya.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Don't forget Blessed Gardens.

Yeah, that too. Blessed Gardens at least got the respect of being officially retired instead of silently getting shot out back like Relay Defense.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

almost forgot Frontlien Phalanx existed. Funny considering it was announced in a Feh Channel.

9 hours ago, Hilda said:

I don't think Thorr will be too involved in book 5 (at most, she'll maybe show up as much as Loki has so far.) I also don't think book 5 will be the last book (which is why Thorr won't be too involved in it, nor Lif, Thrasir, Plumeria, or Triandra, for that matter.) They're still gathering bosses to fill up the ranks of the last book. We'll probably see one or two lieutenant villains from books 5 and 6 join the roster for the last book, too. (I'm guessing we have at least 2 books (including 5) to go before Ragnarok.) They're setting the stage, sure, but that doesn't mean we'll see them immediately in the next book, just like when Lif and Thrasir were recruited.

16 hours ago, Hilda said:

Do you have a source for this, please? Or are you just counting down the number of unused GHB Heroes?

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

don't think Thorr will be too involved in book 5 (at most, she'll maybe show up as much as Loki has so far.) I also don't think book 5 will be the last book (which is why Thorr won't be too involved in it, nor Lif, Thrasir, Plumeria, or Triandra, for that matter.)

I feel the same way. If we ever confront Alfador, I suspect it'd be in Asgard, not Nidavellir. I believe we still have it and the Giants' Realms left before the former, which is another Book/ year or two's worth of storytelling (depending on if Giants show up here, of course).

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Do you have a source for this, please? Or are you just counting down the number of unused GHB Heroes?

I feel the same way. If we ever confront Alfador, I suspect it'd be in Asgard, not Nidavellir. I believe we still have it and the Giants' Realms left before the former, which is another Book/ year or two's worth of storytelling (depending on if Giants show up here, of course).

How do you think they'd do the giants

1 hour ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

How do you think they'd do the giants

Not as literal giants, if that's what you're thinking, but perhaps as very tall people? Then again, not all Giants were necessarily "giant" or even humanoids: Jormungandr the World Serpent is part of the Giant race, for example.

The next realm the team will explore is going to be the lands of the dwarves I heard. I know this is a gacha game so the dwarf that joins you will likely be female and adorable, but I'm kinda hoping the dwarf that joins will be akin to the dwarven woman from Lord of the Rings. Indistinguishable from the males, influding a thick beautiful beard. 

What I am thinking is that they won't introduce actual dwarves but will use simple humans. Similarly to how Nifl and Muspel had humans, Surtr was supposed to be a fire giant and generally we didn't get what Muspel and Nifl were supposed to be (at least from what I red while looking into norse mythology).

I think simply we will have a steampunk or a technologically advanced type of setting with only one guy that will get killed somewhere around the middle, the enemy commander that will get to top10 of CYL despite just arriving and the rest will be cute female characters (including the freebie which will be the 5th light mythic). 

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The next realm the team will explore is going to be the lands of the dwarves I heard. I know this is a gacha game so the dwarf that joins you will likely be female and adorable, but I'm kinda hoping the dwarf that joins will be akin to the dwarven woman from Lord of the Rings. Indistinguishable from the males, influding a thick beautiful beard. 

To quote Dorothy Zbornak: "You've missjudged me". Thats what IS would say if you really think those dwarves wont be some waifus.

@OutcastsofRelix

Personally, I think the "giants" will be (maybe) dragons. We still haven't met the four founding dragons (Askr, Embla, Nifl, and Muspell) and since they founded the current kingdoms, it makes sense that the Order of Heroes (maybe with Leavateinn, Hrid, Veronica, and Alfonse being the main party, each being the inheritor of his/her respective kingdoms/empire) will need to confront them before Ragnarok happens (when the order of the world gets its reset button pressed) so that the new order of things will have direction. Besides, IS LOVES doing the main boss (Alfador, in this case) + 4 strong bosses (as in the case of the Four Generals, the Four Fangs, and so on) and I don't think the four dragons was an accident (else Hel would've been a dragon and its own actual country instead of the bad afterlife.) Actually, that's a goldmine of potential character development.

I think it was either Embla itself (dragon) or some demon that cursed the Emblian royalty. Bruno's arc will probably get resolved here and not before. Maybe Veronica rescues him or something after he gets overwhelmed with one of the two in at attempt to free her+himself from the curse. Either the dragon will purge the curse from them and drive away the demon, or Embla will be defeated and pass on the right to rule Embla however they choose.

Meanwhile (I imagine all these are separate arcs happening all at the same time -- sort of a "split path" kind of deal) Leavateinn would have to confront Muspell: the dragon that basically burned her family from the soul out through the body via the Rite of Flames. (It's easily forgotten, but Leavateinn and Laegjarn were NOT Surtr's only children. He actually had a lot of them, but he sacrificed all of them to the Rite of Flames. Probably their moms, too.) Maybe she'll actually break down and have feelings for a change, confronting the thing that ate her whole family. (You know, a good subtitle for Muspell would be "All-Consuming Flame" when he or she inevitably becomes summonable.)

And then there's Hrid. I see him approaching more humbly. It'll probably be a straightforward "show me your conviction and strength" kind of deal. Sure, his little sister is sick from the Rite of Frost...maybe that'll play into it, actually...but otherwise, he doesn't seem to have a beef with his kingdom's dragon. Who knows? Maybe he'll be forced to choose between removing the illness from Fjorm or gaining what he needs to secure Nifl's future (and since the dragon Nifl seems to be mostly benevolent, maybe he or she will grant both with the right choice/seeing Fjorm's own conviction.)

As for Alfonse...I don't know. He and Askr seem to be on pretty good terms. Maybe we rescue Askr from Embla and then resolve their differences or something, since Embla hates Askr so much. A speech on unification and hope should do the trick. Thrown some friendship in there while you're at it. (I don't have enough information to guess on this one yet.)

@Etrurian emperor

Ah, but the voice we heard at the end of that video was male. So, either we'll be getting our first male "guide" (which is what I'm leaning towards since the voice was a "hero type" voice instead of a "villain type" voice) or he's the main antagonist.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

As for Alfonse...I don't know. He and Askr seem to be on pretty good terms. Maybe we rescue Askr from Embla and then resolve their differences or something, since Embla hates Askr so much. A speech on unification and hope should do the trick. Thrown some friendship in there while you're at it. (I don't have enough information to guess on this one yet.)

More like he and Veronica get married and unify the two kingdoms

1 hour ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

More like he and Veronica get married and unify the two kingdoms

That comes later, in the epilogue narrative. That, or Bruno takes over Embla. I can't really see Sharena taking over Askr, especially with all the buildup for Alfonse.