Book V Speculation and Discussion Thread

31 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's fair. Besides, FEH shows no signs of stopping right now, so additional countries would be a great way to add more story once Alfonse kills Odin and frees Embla~

That was my thinking.

Ultimately, it depends on how long they're planning for the story to go, but if we end up getting to, let's say Book 10 or so, they're going to need something new.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, something was revealed in the latest FB regarding Henriette (Queen of Askr.)

She tells Ronan, "I am unable to join the Heroes on the field of battle, so it is by means like this that I make my contribution." But you can see her holding a green book under her left arm, presumably a tome.

I wonder if this means IS plans to never make her playable. It could just be that she thinks she couldn't help much, but may yet (due to that clue in her art) become summonable one day, but it's hard to tell. I hope she is! Also, it would mean that there isn't much Askr color balance, if I have her weapon type right, since she, her husband, and Anna are all green units.

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

So, something was revealed in the latest FB regarding Henriette (Queen of Askr.)

I wonder if this means IS plans to never make her playable. It could just be that she thinks she couldn't help much, but may yet (due to that clue in her art) become summonable one day, but it's hard to tell. I hope she is! Also, it would mean that there isn't much Askr color balance, if I have her weapon type right, since she, her husband, and Anna are all green units.

Honestly, at this point, I've tried trying to figure out what IS is planning with Askr/Embla units (OG Veronica, OG Bruno, Gustav, Henriette). They're being unusually anal about them and it's maddening.

At this point, I'd settle for Gustav and Henriette coming as seasonals. Seems more like a possibility these days.

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

If they can make Merlinus playable, they can make anyone playable. 

It makes perfect sense for Henriette to not be playable. Someone has to run the fucking country while the Order of Heroes are gallivanting around other realms.

29 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It makes perfect sense for Henriette to not be playable. Someone has to run the fucking country while the Order of Heroes are gallivanting around other realms.

That would be reasonable...if IS hadn’t already made Hel playable after she got deleted at the end of Book III (among other examples). Reminder that the following is actual dialogue from playable Hel: 

Spoiler

How tasteless... That, in your hand. Is that the weapon that undid me?

They can always come up with some dumb workaround to make Henriette and Gustav playable. IS just apparently has no interest in doing so (and the fact that those two aren’t even on the CYL ballot lends credence to that).

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, Hrid's playable, when he's supposed to be running Nifl right now. Not to mention the dead antagonists.

I mean, if Henriette becomes playable, it'd probably have to be a Henriette from another world or something and not "our" Askr's Henriette. Hrid and Laevatein and all the dead people being summonable (not to mention being able to merge them upwards to 11 times while the original Askr trio cannot get merges at all) seems to imply that characters who are brought through the summoning gate are not necessarily from "this Askr" specifically.

Think of it like this: your free copies of Fjorm, Eir, Peony, and Reginn that you get by playing story chapters are the ones from "this Askr" that we can see through the story, and any other copies of them that you summon were stolen from some alternate dimension. If IS intends for Henriette to become playable AND able to be merged to +10, they'd likely have to make a version of Henriette from another world who doesn't have obligations to this Askr and can blow up bad guys.

EDIT: As for the very specific case of Hel, don't ask me. IS didn't really do themselves any favors by making it sound like there's only one Hel throughout all the worlds when they intended for her to be summonable and able to be +10.

Edited by Sunwoo

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trying to make any logic out of how the summoning in this game works is ridiculous. If IntSys wants to make a character playable they'll do it. Pondering "But how?" doesn't matter.

I mean the whole point of this game is ruining history by taking heroes out of their duties. Right now in Tellius Boyd is the sole Greil Mercenary that's about to become the Hero of Crimea.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, if Henriette becomes playable, it'd probably have to be a Henriette from another world or something and not "our" Askr's Henriette. Hrid and Laevatein and all the dead people being summonable (not to mention being able to merge them upwards to 11 times while the original Askr trio cannot get merges at all) seems to imply that characters who are brought through the summoning gate are not necessarily from "this Askr" specifically.

Think of it like this: your free copies of Fjorm, Eir, Peony, and Reginn that you get by playing story chapters are the ones from "this Askr" that we can see through the story, and any other copies of them that you summon were stolen from some alternate dimension. If IS intends for Henriette to become playable AND able to be merged to +10, they'd likely have to make a version of Henriette from another world who doesn't have obligations to this Askr and can blow up bad guys.

EDIT: As for the very specific case of Hel, don't ask me. IS didn't really do themselves any favors by making it sound like there's only one Hel throughout all the worlds when they intended for her to be summonable and able to be +10.

To all the stuff before the edit: Yes. I thought that was obvious.

After edit: This has been explained in various characters' conversations. Basically, Askr people tell newly-summoned people what happened in order for them to be prepared for interactions they'll have. (I.e., "by the way, you'll run into people who you know, but are from another reality other than yours. In their reality, you died, so they may get sentimental at seeing you.") Usually, the actual warnings are skipped and we go straight to the character saying "So, let me get this straight..." and so on. As such, it makes total sense that a character would refer to his or her "other selves" as his or her self. Hence Hel's quote. "So that's the summon gun that killed me (in your reality.)" Paraphrased, of course, but yet get the idea. I can't speak to the Japanese phrasing, but that's the conclusion I reach based on the English quotes + interactions we've seen.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Hence Hel's quote. "So that's the summon gun that killed me (in your reality.)"

That's exactly how I interpreted the line too. And while Hel seems to be one-of-a-kind at first, there being multiple versions does sidestep the issue of what happens to the dead post-Book 3: they just get sent to versions of Hel that didn't declare war on the rest of reality.

(Killing Hel is probably still a big deal though, so Freyja's warning at the end of Book 4 likely still holds some water.)

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That's exactly how I interpreted the line too. And while Hel seems to be one-of-a-kind at first, there being multiple versions does sidestep the issue of what happens to the dead post-Book 3: they just get sent to versions of Hel that didn't declare war on the rest of reality.

(Killing Hel is probably still a big deal though, so Freyja's warning at the end of Book 4 likely still holds some water.)

I totally agree.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I know this technically isn't specifically related to Book 5, but it is story speculation all the same and I figured this was the best place to put it.

For those of you who have seen Valentine Henriette's quotes (or perhaps looked them up on Youtube), I'm beginning to wonder if they might be building up something with her, given how strange they are.

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Okay, I know this technically isn't specifically related to Book 5, but it is story speculation all the same and I figured this was the best place to put it.

For those of you who have seen Valentine Henriette's quotes (or perhaps looked them up on Youtube), I'm beginning to wonder if they might be building up something with her, given how strange they are.

I want to comment on this, but I haven't seen/heard her quotes yet. So, taking a rain check on this! I love theorizing. Hopefully, I'll summon her soon!

11 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I haven't seen the quotes either but remember seeing a reddit post titled something like this. Does she raise a lot of death flags?

12 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I want to comment on this, but I haven't seen/heard her quotes yet. So, taking a rain check on this! I love theorizing. Hopefully, I'll summon her soon!

A Youtuber/redditor names Xanek always uploads voice clips to his channel. You can go there to check them out. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpLOS5Wgq_Ta6tYleEvIRug/videos

Edited by Sentinel07

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I haven't seen the quotes either but remember seeing a reddit post titled something like this. Does she raise a lot of death flags?

Nope, not death flags. More along the lines that they go completely against the cheery Sharena-like persona we've seen of her so far and they seem to imply she's hiding something big.

16 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

A Youtuber/redditor names Xanek always uploads voice clips to his channel. You can go there to check them out. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpLOS5Wgq_Ta6tYleEvIRug/videos

No thanks. Like I said, I'll wait until I summon her. It's the only method acceptable to me, which is why it's the only method I listed.

Edit: Sorry about being so plainspoken, but I was in a hurry and hungry. Still kind of both, but I wanted to clarify that I was only trying to explain my thinking and intentions behind my wording. I didn't mean to come off as harsh, if I did.

Edited by Mercakete

Dagr, huh. Why am I not surprised they genderbent another Norse figure...

Anyway, being the personification of the day, it may be likely the other is Nótt, the personification of the night. That's my guess.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dagr, huh. Why am I not surprised they genderbent another Norse figure...

Anyway, being the personification of the day, it may be likely the other is Nótt, the personification of the night. That's my guess.

It's kind of funny, before this book the only two genderbent characters were Loki and Thorr with the others either keeping their gender or being named after places and items. This book nearly tripled that number with Reginn, Eitri, and now Dagr, though if her counterpart is Nótt then we may've hit the cap for now as they wouldn't have to genderbend her.

1 minute ago, Medeus said:

It's kind of funny, before this book the only two genderbent characters were Loki and Thorr with the others either keeping their gender or being named after places and items. This book nearly tripled that number with Reginn, Eitri, and now Dagr, though if her counterpart is Nótt then we may've hit the cap for now as they wouldn't have to genderbend her.

At least Loki is a shapeshifter and the Eddas have shown he has genderbent himself at times. He is Sleipnir's mother, after all. But yeah, for this Book they really are letting themselves go wild with it. And yeah, Nótt is a woman already... and depending on the Edda, Dagr's mother to boot. But I doubt they'd do that for Heroes as well.

I mean, did you guys expect Heroes to do anything differently? Of course they're going to invent waifus via genderbend when there aren't any in actual "canon" mythology for them to pull from.