Is it possible to add DLCs to a pre-existing save file ?

So I played FE12 a long time ago, and back then I didn't know about the 3 DLC maps, so I didn't get the save with DLCs before starting my playthrough.
At a time when I'm considering playing the game again, I'd like to do the DLC maps too, but I don't want to erase my save from back then, or use a copy of the rom to play the dlc maps, etc ....
So I'm wondering : is it possible to add the DLC maps to my pre-existing save file, or to add my save file to the save file with all DLC unlocked that is available online ?
Thanks by advance 🙂

Fire Emblem - New Mystery of the Emblem ~ Heroes of Light and Shadow__20859.png

Fire Emblem - New Mystery of the Emblem ~ Heroes of Light and Shadow__20879.png

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have been using this site for quite some time, but never made a profile to make a post until now. I just want to bump this because I have the same issue. I've tried doing things like saving states and loading the .sav with the bonus content unlocked, but they just overwrite each other each time. If anyone knows a way, please share!

15 hours ago, Matrograde said:

Hi, I have been using this site for quite some time, but never made a profile to make a post until now. I just want to bump this because I have the same issue. I've tried doing things like saving states and loading the .sav with the bonus content unlocked, but they just overwrite each other each time. If anyone knows a way, please share!

It's possible to access the online shop and other online functionalities if you use a custom WFC. I recommend Kaeru WFC. After you successfully connect it, you can download the DLCs.

5 hours ago, Maof06 said:

It's possible to access the online shop and other online functionalities if you use a custom WFC. I recommend Kaeru WFC. After you successfully connect it, you can download the DLCs.

Thank you very much! I got the custom WFC to work with my copy of Shadow Dragon (had to figure out how to switch my router security over to WEP though, which took some time). I'm in the process of getting my Heroes of Light and Shadow save file onto a cartridge, and will try it soon too!

Edited by Matrograde
Didn't understand how quote function works.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, Maof06 said:

Do you think it'd be possible to make it work with Desmume/a DS emulator ?

4 hours ago, Eizzah said:

Do you think it'd be possible to make it work with Desmume/a DS emulator ?

Probably. Try to follow this tutorial.

Not sure if you had any success, but you could just download a file with it just to play them, while keeping your old file around. You don't actually use the units from your main file in the DLC, it's all original units like the BS Fire Emblem chapters. And as far as I can recall, there's no rewards you can transfer to your main save file. It's just there for the experience of being there.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Not sure if you had any success, but you could just download a file with it just to play them, while keeping your old file around. You don't actually use the units from your main file in the DLC, it's all original units like the BS Fire Emblem chapters. And as far as I can recall, there's no rewards you can transfer to your main save file. It's just there for the experience of being there.

Yea, that's what I been doing, but I think it is just one of those compulsory things where it irks me for it to be greyed out on my main file XD

7 minutes ago, Matrograde said:

Yea, that's what I been doing, but I think it is just one of those compulsory things where it irks me for it to be greyed out on my main file XD

I can understand that.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I know it's possible, it's just that if I can, I wanna have it all on a single file lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, Maof06 said:

So I was able to put my ROM on a flash cart and connect to wireless using this method. I was able to select "Shop Online" and connect to the shop to purchase items for units, like in the Shadow Dragon, but when I tried to select "Download," which is where I assume one gets the bonus content maps, it gives me error code 31020 "Download failed." I did some searching online, and this seems to be a error that a lot of people get for several games. I see that Kaeru has a Discord server, so I might go in there and ask. I'm guessing there is just nothing to download from the replacement server, so of course it says download failed.

13 hours ago, Matrograde said:

So I was able to put my ROM on a flash cart and connect to wireless using this method. I was able to select "Shop Online" and connect to the shop to purchase items for units, like in the Shadow Dragon, but when I tried to select "Download," which is where I assume one gets the bonus content maps, it gives me error code 31020 "Download failed." I did some searching online, and this seems to be a error that a lot of people get for several games. I see that Kaeru has a Discord server, so I might go in there and ask. I'm guessing there is just nothing to download from the replacement server, so of course it says download failed.

Yep, seems they're still testing FE12's online compatibility.

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Eizzah said:

private video 😞

I don't know if they added DLC function to FE12's online though

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 10:43 PM, Awakened_06_ said:

I don't know if they added DLC function to FE12's online though

thx for the link, I'm electing to just play the dlc on another file and maybe giving me the dlc items in 2nd FE12 run to be able to play on the same save file as the 1st run