New Mythic Heroes: Triandra and Freya

Vicious Sal

Tada, double Trouble!

Never thought I’d be the one to post one, but I woke up to take a piss and saw it was just before the trailer dropped.

Don’t summon day one, this banner overlaps with the new heroes banner. All the past banners have been amazing and are massive baits probably because the new book is coming.

I wonder who’s place these units stole, probably Hanon or something. Though to be fair, the fairies have all been sequential, and some mythics from the legends from the main games would have been refreshing.

Still, glad to have all these out of the way now. I like Triandra as a unit, Frey has A great kit and fodder, just lacking NFU.

Green is stacked, red is decent, Grey is amazing, Tiki drags blue down but the colour is still salvageable.

Edited by Vicious Sal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a neat surprise. I was expecting Triandra to show up surrounded by greens I already have, but instead we're accelerating the mythic schedule and she's even color-sharing with Freyja! Definitely pulling for one of them.

With Freyja covering Light/Atk, the only spot missing from the original mythic grid is Astra/Res. Meanwhile, Triandra starts the second grid with another Dark/Spd, so it looks like we can expect repeats now. Which makes sense, mythic stat boosts are a lot more significant than legendary ones.

Indeed, glad we’re knocking them out. Hopefully next book chills with the OCs...  I also hope that perhaps IS isn’t shy with doing double Legendaries in the future.

Anyway, Freyr when? He was my most wanted from Book 4 and I’ll be upset if he doesn’t get in after all of this... I feel like they could’ve done Triandra and him and have Freya carry her own banner.

I will probably just pull on green until something pops up. I don’t have Hel, and I wouldn’t mind one of the new girls. Freya moreso, but I will definitely have a use for the Emo Fairy.

Green > Colorless > Blue > Red

i have all red and don’t care for a second copy, though more Time’s Pulse and fixing my Eliwood’s -Atk wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. Don’t know about a second Lysithea...

Blue I am missing Anna so that would be nice. Tiki and Azura though... just merges I guess... *shrug*
Colorless I still need Corrin. I wouldn’t mind a Leif and Shinon merge, as I actually would be content.

let’s see...

i'll probably wait to see what the new book is bringing first. since this banner is so long, but i would like to complete my fairy collection with Triandra who was my favourite out of the fairies. (if i can get her along w/Leif (or even Shinion) that would be lovely, but i'll stop once i get Triandra)

Pity about Freya’s prf skill though, most good defense teams do not use field buffs.

Every Solo/NFU/Pulse Smoke tank now has two build paths from units like F!F!Corrin. Being able to pick up Solo 4 and NFU from F!M!Corrin or Solo 4 and Pulse Smoke from Freya.

11 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Don’t summon day one, this banner overlaps with the new heroes banner. All the past banners have been amazing and are massive baits probably because the new book is coming.

I don't think that's a good way to look at it. Everything is bait for everything else, and there will be plenty of time to save orbs back up for a spark on the New Heroes banner.

If you're not sure if you want to summon here, it makes sense to wait and see, but if you're sure, I think it's fine t get it over with. Especially since it'll be possible to use either of them immediately in the current AR season.

@Tybrosion What's the only thing worse than an OC Mythic? Two OC Mythics at the same time!!!

I expected Triandra. What I didn't expect was to see both her and Freyja simultaneously. I was actually hoping for Brave Edelgard this month. But with Freyja instead being green, my desire to pull on that color has plummeted. Colorless, on the other hand, is much better than I expected. I was already saving for Corrin and Leif, but Shinon being on there is even better. Skipped the original banner he showed up in, but I wouldn't mind a few copies of him. Rath would probably like to have deadeye.

Wasn't originally going to pull blue, but I need an extra Anna. My Tiki and Azura have shit natures, so I guess I wouldn't mind getting one of them if they had a better nature. And since I'm not pulling green anymore, I could pull a few blues. Red is okay, but I just don't really need anyone there that badly since I do have Eliwood already.

EDIT: Freyr being left out is complete bullshit though, would've made more sense for him and Freyja to appear together. Because of course Heroes hates its dudes.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I don't think that's a good way to look at it. Everything is bait for everything else, and there will be plenty of time to save orbs back up for a spark on the New Heroes banner.

If you're not sure if you want to summon here, it makes sense to wait and see, but if you're sure, I think it's fine t get it over with. Especially since it'll be possible to use either of them immediately in the current AR season.

I should have elaborated a bit further, bit the new heroes are probably linked to book 4. 

If you’re competitive and want to have orbs ready to get the new type of unit for the new mode to score well, this is a massive bait. 

It’s always worth it to wait and have all information available before summoning. The banner is not going anywhere, so it’s good to be patient and see what else is coming.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, two MHBs? Means Double amount of Orbs!

They could be cheap and just put Triandra on Freya's MHB.

I'm tempted to summon because green and colorless focus units on this banner are really good but that means I'll have to dig into my orb savings... 

Edited by Flying Shogi

I will try to get two Triandras, although I might aim for more if I get the first two relatively quick. If I ever manage to get four or five, I want to see how BH!Ike performs on defense with up to HP+25 and Spd+20.

Just now, Vicious Sal said:

I should have elaborated a bit further, bit the new heroes are probably linked to book 4. 

If you’re competitive and want to have orbs ready to get the new type of unit for the new mode to score well, this is a massive bait. 

It’s always worth it to wait and have all information available before summoning. The banner is not going anywhere, so it’s good to be patient and see what else is coming.

There's no indication that Book 5 will have a new type of unit and mode, and even if it does, it should be possible to get at least one guaranteed copy of them. If you'd really want to load up on merges right away, it's important to save some number of orbs just in case, but that still doesn't mean you can't do some amount of summoning here.

I already explained why it's not "always" worth it. If you can benefit from getting the unit early to use them right away, and wouldn't benefit from the information if you're sure it won't change your decision, there's no sense in waiting.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I will try to get two Triandras, although I might aim for more if I get the first two relatively quick. If I ever manage to get four or five, I want to see how BH!Ike performs on defense with up to HP+25 and Spd+20.

That does sound funny, but keep in mind that fielding more than two defense mythics hurts your lift loss reduction.

Also, reminder to people, Freya is designed to be your Carry unit and ‘drop tank in enemy range after killing one unit’ unit. But she is not recieving the Mythic bonus stats, so I think she won’t be that amazing. 1 Range is also harder to work with, though Cav mobility helps of course.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

@Tybrosion What's the only thing worse than an OC Mythic? Two OC Mythics at the same time!!!

Isn’t this better? It means the slot Freyja would have taken up can now potentially go to a non-OC.

Not interested in either unit, but this looks a particularly good deal for those who are. Two new Mythics, and an old Mythic who still has a niche.

I certainly didn't expect two new Mythics at the same time. It frees up a lot of the space that would have been taken up if they'd released separately, though, so that's cool. I don't care about them as characters, but they look like nice units. I'll wait to summon until I see what comes in the New Heroes banner.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

That does sound funny, but keep in mind that fielding more than two defense mythics hurts your lift loss reduction.

Yeah. However, if he can win often enough, then you do not need the reduction.

27 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah perhaps, but on the other hand this not only gets evil goat mom out of the way much earlier than expected. It also removes her as a serious threat in CYL5. So, I actually have to thank IS for this and applaud them for subverting my (and everyone else's) expectations. Of course, they can easily fuck this up by giving us Freyr in January.

As for pulling on this banner, I'm just gonna free pull colorless and hope for the best (so, Corrin). The temptations of Ingrid and smol Palla were too much, and now I have an 8% to go break over there first and foremost so I'm still a failure at saving, big shock I know.

Oh, and for those who'll actually pull on green, here's the enemy only stat lines for the two newbies so you know what to kinda expect for their actual stats:

Spoiler

Triandra: 38/34/35/16/22/145

Freyja: 40/38/44/24/22/168

Triandra is definitely getting additional points since Plumeria did (she was also 145 as an enemy, but got bumped to 151-153 as a playable character). Freyja already has the same BST as the previous melee cav added (Petrine), so her stats are probably just going to get rearranged a bit so expect her to lose like 2 points in Spd for Def or something.

Looking at the calendar, the last item is listed is on 12/9 and the banner also ends on that day. I want to see if we get a DSH banner for December or the one we just got replaced it. Do we usually get the next calendar on the last day of the listed events/banners of the current calendar or the day after? 

Edited by Flying Shogi