New Mythic Heroes: Triandra and Freya

Vicious Sal

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah perhaps, but on the other hand this not only gets evil goat mom out of the way much earlier than expected. It also removes her as a serious threat in CYL5. So, I actually have to thank IS for this and applaud them for subverting my (and everyone else's) expectations. Of course, they can easily fuck this up by giving us Freyr in January.

As for pulling on this banner, I'm just gonna free pull colorless and hope for the best (so, Corrin). The temptations of Ingrid and smol Palla were too much, and now I have an 8% to go break over there first and foremost so I'm still a failure at saving, big shock I know.

Oh, and for those who'll actually pull on green, here's the enemy only stat lines for the two newbies so you know what to kinda expect for their actual stats:

Hide contents

Triandra: 38/34/35/16/22/145

Freyja: 40/38/44/24/22/168

Triandra is definitely getting additional points since Plumeria did (she was also 145 as an enemy, but got bumped to 151-153 as a playable character). Freyja already has the same BST as the previous melee cav added (Petrine), so her stats are probably just going to get rearranged a bit so expect her to lose like 2 points in Spd for Def or something.

Triandra’s stats are visible in the trailer.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruh...I knew Triandra was coming but didn't expect pretty goat lady to come at the same time...Welp, I'm screwed on that front as I really want her but I burned my orbs trying to get Repel/Spurn fodder for Ninja Hana (and got pity broken by Ophelia). At least the banner lasts for a while, so I might be able to get one Freyja if RNGesus allows it. 

Anyways, shitty analysis time: 

Triandra is like an inverse mirror of Peony. cardinal based debuffs vs cardinal based buffs, Guard vs Orders, Light vs Dark. She seems to have pretty high Atk/Spd, which isn't a very good thing for a ranged dancer as that makes her prone to go on the offensive and kill herself. For AR-D purposes she's going to need a skillset revamp with Atk lowering stuff to ensure she doesn't kill herself. Still, being a dancer already makes her one of the best Mythics by default so that's cool. 9/10

Freyja is basically New Years Lethe++. Spd based dmg reduction with DC as an extra vs Spd based dmg reduction. Not even close. Her kit revolves around being totally offensive and ramming against the foes very fitting for an angry goat. Her Prf skill is pretty wordy, but it basically is a +4 to all stats coupled with some sort of buff stealing/ in-combat Panic effect. Really strong when it procs, but field buffs aren't really a thing outside of PvE and arena so the skill will end up being pretty underwhelming in practice. 

Now the bad news about Freyja, she's a Light Mythic in a world with Peony/Eir/Mila. AR-O allows 3 Mythics at most before you start hurting your score, and Freyja won't get any of the stat boosts from a Light blessing which makes her a terrible choice for AR-O. Meaning, if you only care about AR-O, she's an easy skip as she offers nothing in terms of support. I think Freyja is better suited for Mjolnir's Strike where having her on the upper row will let her Prf's conditions be active for the whole match which is cool, although MS is pretty easy as it is so it's not like you need pretty goat lady for the mode (scoring aside).  As much as it pains me, Freyja is a 5.5/10. Strong as a unit, but pales to the other Light Mythics. 

There's no losers in this banner, every color is pretty strong and has good fodder. Still, some are better than others so let's see:

Red has two excellent units in L!Eliwood and B!Lysithea, Sothis is the weakest link but Time's Pulse makes her quite valuable as fodder. 

I'd say blue is the weakest, but it's still great. L!Azura needs no explanation, she's OP. L!Tiki is the weakest unit in the banner by far, but she's still a nice score bot for Earth season thanks to her 180 BST (and Bold Fighter is always nice to have). Apotheosis Anna can be a good infantry lance with investment, but her main perk is that she offers incredible fodder in the form of Joint Drive Spd and a dual Rally for arena scoring. 

Green is full of Mythics, which already makes it pretty enticing. Fodder is really strong with DC, Atk/Spd Push 4, Spd/Res Rein, Atk/Spd Solo 4 and Pulse Smoke. You can't go wrong with this color. 

Colorless is also incredibly strong in terms of fodder and units. L!Leif only has Atk/Res Push 4 for fodder, but he makes up for it by being one of the best bow users in the game and being the only ranged unit (although Ninja Lyn kinda does the same thing) with a Galeforce-like skill. Legendary F!Corrin has DC and Joint Drive Atk which is really strong fodder, and as a unit she's a little tough to use but can be quite annoying to deal with. Then again, she falls flat to any kind of Brave weapon or Sweep effect so she isn't all that great against stuff like Ninja Lyn and any Byleth (and others that use the NFU+Sweep combo). Shinon is ridiculous as a unit and his fodder is top tier with the Solo 4, Time's Pulse, Deadeye and Lull Atk/Spd. 

In terms of fodder I'd say: Colorless>>Green>>>>>Red>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blue. 

In terms of units: Green=Colorless>Red>>Blue. 

Bit sooner than expected, but whatever, the only reason I'm surprised is because it took Hel a while.

Triandra having a means of inflicting Guard on the enemy from far away is nice for AR-O, but the fact that she's Dark element means she probably won't be used in AR-O anyway. Good offensive stats, but I don't use dancers in combat so it feels a little wasted. I guess it's more appreciated than Mirabilis having such trash Spd that she dies in just a few hits despite her better Defenses...

Freya has quite the goodie bag... we all know she'll be quite fast just based off her appearances throughout Book 4, and having an Evasion effect is always a boon. Solos are fairly easy to trigger on Cavs, and her B passive stealing Field Buffs is just mean (also gives Light and Dark a run for its money as a powerful B passive). I could see her with Galeforce and being a general nuisance.

Hel is still good, always has been and probably will remain that way. That really just means Green is loaded down with powerful units.

Colorless is all-around good, Red could be slightly better (if you ask me, Sothis is showing some age) but still good, and Blue... uh... hm, Blue is always a tricky customer for me specifically, isn't it... I'm sure Blue is fine for others, and Anna would be a good unit to get some more of, but I +10ed both Azura and Tiki a long time ago, and neither of them are offering any particularly good fodder as it stands, so... I'll just pray I don't get an all-blue session.

Green is literally the only color that matters in this banner. Everyone else is a character I already have or don't care for. Since I don't have Hel either, I'll just snipe green until I get one of them (I don't plan on going crazy here despite my love for Book 4 OCs since I'm low on orbs and I don't want to spend money on the game).

55 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Bit sooner than expected, but whatever, the only reason I'm surprised is because it took Hel a while.

Perhaps this is a corrective reaction to that? Strike while the iron is hot, when the book is newly ended, instead of waiting until the character is half-forgotten?

Wow, it's been a long time since a Legendary/Mythic banner looked so rich in good units and fodder skills. I'm fine with getting anyone in red, blue and colorless and while I don't really care for the green units they are all good for Aether Raids and each unit there has at least one good skill for fodder. Looks very tempting to pull on but I think I will wait for the 12/8 banner trailer before deciding how many orbs I'm willing to sink into the Mythic banner.

Triandra I expected, but a twofer with Frejya was a surprise.

Triandra's a flying green tome with Dark Spd (As expected), with Flower of Sorrow (Atk+3, gives any foe in her cardinal direction -4 Def/Res when they're in combat) , Frightful Dream (Gives ally another action, inflicts -3 to all stats and guard on foes in cardinal directions of her and danced ally), Atk/Spd Push 4 (The new swift Sparrow 2?), Aerobatics 3 and the new Spd/Res Rein (Someone's fast, looking at her stats her defences don't exist).

Freyja (OH FUCK, NOT GOATY), is a Light Atk Mythic (Waitwhy) and is still a green beastm who comes with Nightmare Horn (Spd +3, DC, if faster than for, gets damage reduction by up to 40% if she has 10 more Spd), Luna, Atk/Spd Solo 4, Binding Necklace (If unit on own, gets +2 to all stats, reduces foe's stats by -2 and if foe has bonuses gets bonus to those stats and inflicts penalty on foe;s stats in combat) and Pulse Smoke 3. She's also a giant now. Why?

As for others, Red has L!Eliwood, Sothis and B!Lysithea (Oho! The game just changed.), Blue has L!Azura, L!Tiki and Apotheosis Anna (That last one messed with my plans), Green has Hel (Green is pretty stacked) and Colourless has L!Leif, L!FCorrin and Shinon (Shinon is a good call). So, getting a brave unit now means we know Red's more open to a new unit now (And the other three have to be next month, right?), Two units on the banner means that's possible from now on and we also know the mythic banner's going to have a second series thanks to Freyja? Or getting retired (Which would be annoying for all the myths that got screwed by the OCs). It's all solid this time. Green > Blue = Colourless > Red.

Edit: chances are we'll know who's on the next banner sooner because Book V Feh channel should be coming by at least next week.

Edited by Dayni

On the one hand, I'm not excited to see another (two) OC Mythic in a row, but on the other hand I do appreciate getting both out of the way now so that they're not pushed off until much later like Hel. I may do a free pull for Green or Colorless, but I don't think I'll sink too much into this banner as I'm still recovering from Halloween and I'm not attached to any of banner leads.

Double mythics is actually a really good idea and it should be a thing they keep doing in the future. Had forgotten about this banner and didn't expect Freyja. I want to pull a Hel merge and many Freyjas. However, during my break I wasn't even logging in for daily stuff so I am standing at 5 orbs. Will start playing again to get as many Goat ladies as I can, don't care about her AR potential at all. 

Skipping, but dang, Freyja is kind of overpowered (unless she's next to an ally, I guess.) Also, sounds like she'll be speedy. Also, wow, 2 mythics in one go. Also wow, since when does having a nightmare refresh you? Also wow, why the heck is Freyja light elemented?

Where is my Freyr? He's the only one I ever cared about from this book and he's the only one not summonable now. ... I would not mind a Christmas Freyr. I could totally see that happening someday.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sure, but that's quite a gamble.

Yeah, but even with full Lift loss, I can still reach Tier 25 anyways, so I am not too concerned about losing out on much to try it for a few weeks.

Would also be nice to try it during Water Season if I get SK!Dimitri in the future.

I will be pulling colorless since I Missed Shinon on his debut banner and Corrin and Leif I don't have either.  Green will be my backup, getting both girls out of the way makes me happy since I would like some more mythics from the mainline games for a change.

Freyja looks like she's set up to be a tank carry for Light AR based on her skills but not so much on her stats (aside from easily dodging Chill Def or Chill Res). However since she's a Mythic herself, she loses out on Mythic stat boosts that a typical (likely infantry) tank carry would have. She could be hard to slot in outside of bonus unit seasons. Her boosting Atk may seem nice but Spd and Res boosts are already accessible to F2P and are likely more important anyways.

Triandra pretty much kicks Yune by providing the same stat boosts and by being a dancer. However, her having very high Atk (on top of having a typical initiating glass cannon statline) makes her liable to being baited if the player is running a Vantage sweeper or tank unit that could receive 5+ damage from her, which should be fairly easy to do given how a base Triandra has 54 neutral listed Atk with her Prf weapon equipped, Atk/Spd Push 4, and Spd/Res Rein. If an armed Legendary Azura is easy to bait, then an armed Triandra should be even easier to bait.

Pretty weird that we now have 5 different Dark Mythics but only 3 different Astral Mythics. We could see Freyr being the 4th Astral Mythic Hero.

Mythic Heroes in the game:
Light: Eir, Peony, Mila, Freyja
Dark: Yune, Sothis, Bramimond, Hel, Triandra
Astral: Naga, Altina, Plumeria
Anima: Duma, Thrasir, Lif, Mirabilis

The only thing I care about is roster variety and merges, so. . .

Red - Both my Lysithea and Sothis welcome merges, while Eliwood is new for me.
Blue - Tiki would donate her A/B skills to another armor (I'll figure out who wants it later).  Azura would be a merge, and Anna's new (albeit not someone who I'm excited for).
Green - Three new units, yes please.
Colorless - Also three new units.

So for me, it's green = colorless > red >> blue

So, uh, hold on a minute. Are Freyja and Triandra always going to return together, or do we just get ... THAT thing every time one of them reappears?