Book IV Ending Movie

Fire Emblem Fan

Okay, so it's cool we got a little epilogue to Book IV, and it's cool to get a sort of...tease, I suppose? to where we're going for Book V. However, I'm also kinda miffed? These two fairies who were bad guys the entire way and made no attempts at redemption get to be resurrected or whatever because boobs, but Helbindi (the best written OC so far, in my opinion) gets a lame death and STAYS dead.

ANYWAY how about this little epilogue, eh?

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Okay, so it's cool we got a little epilogue to Book IV, and it's cool to get a sort of...tease, I suppose? to where we're going for Book V. However, I'm also kinda miffed? These two fairies who were bad guys the entire way and made no attempts at redemption get to be resurrected or whatever because boobs, but Helbindi (the best written OC so far, in my opinion) gets a lame death and STAYS dead.

Because Helbindi isn't a curvaceous lady or even a conventionally attractive guy, so IS says get fucked.

On the other hand, it seems that Laegjarn wasn't resurrected either. Although ... this also leans into Heroes writing team becoming cowards and not wanting to kill off characters anymore. Lif and Thrasir at least made sense because book 3 was all about life and death, but in book 4 it really feels like the writers being cowardly.

Edited by Sunwoo

I didn't expect that Freyja died in the Book IV movie ending and somehow Lif and Thrasir created a portal to the dream world without sleeping (it might explain why Peony showed up in the real world). I'm kinda wondered if that mysterious man and that green smoke from the end is going to be in Book V? And also, I'm kinda wondered if this Niðavellir character that the mysterious man mentioned at the end that he or she will be heavily involved in Book V somehow?

Edited by King Marth 64

Question to those who know Norse mythology better than I do. I know that there are a number of different realms (9, maybe???) and that we've already seen a few. Which ones are we missing?

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Question to those who know Norse mythology better than I do. I know that there are a number of different realms (9, maybe???) and that we've already seen a few. Which ones are we missing?

Yes, nine. However, Norse mythology doesn't exactly agree which are the nine.

As it is, Heroes has already used Nilf(heim), Muspell(heim), Hel(heim),  Ljósálfheimr (Alfheim), and Dökkálfheimr (Svartalheim), and the upcoming Niðavellir.

Remaining ones would be Midgard (though Zenith might be Midgard), Jotunheim, Asgard, Vanaheim. Yes, I mentioned 10. Like I said, not all agree which are the nine. Some merge Svartalheim and Niðavellir, for example.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, nine. However, Norse mythology doesn't exactly agree which are the nine.

As it is, Heroes has already used Nilf(heim), Muspell(heim), Hel(heim),  Ljósálfheimr (Alfheim), and Dökkálfheimr (Svartalheim), and the upcoming Niðavellir.

Remaining ones would be Midgard (though Zenith might be Midgard), Jotunheim, Asgard, Vanaheim. Yes, I mentioned 10. Like I said, not all agree which are the nine. Some merge Svartalheim and Niðavellir, for example.

Zenith is Midgard, the Dark Elves refer to Zenith as the world of Midgard in one of the Chapters and Mjolnir's Strike has Thor tell Alfonse to seek out the Midgard Shield and one of the collectable items from it are Midgard Gems. 

So that leaves Jotunheim, Asgard, and Vanaheim as the remaining three. If they stick to the Nine Realms, then there's two possibilities we're working with now: Either Dökkálfheimr and Ljósálfheimr are grouped into one realm (Alfheim) and are just noted separately, or one of Jotunheim or Vanaheim got kicked out for Niðavellir. Considering that they never refer to the Land of Dreams and Nightmares as one, I'm assuming it's the latter unless we're told otherwise.

Edited by Medeus

2 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Zenith is Midgard, the Dark Elves refer to Zenith as the world of Midgard in one of the Chapters and Mjolnir's Strike has Thor tell Alfonse to seek out the Midgard Shield and one of the collectable items from it are Midgard Gems. 

So that leaves Jotunheim, Asgard, and Vanaheim as the remaining three. If they stick to the Nine Realms, then there's two possibilities we're working with now: Either Dökkálfheimr and Ljósálfheimr are grouped into one realm (Alfheim) and are just noted separately, or one of Jotunheim or Vanaheim got kicked out for Niðavellir. Considering that they never refer to the Land of Dreams and Nightmares as one, I'm assuming it's the latter unless we're told there's a tenth realm. 

Maybe, but both Dökkálfheimr and Ljósálfheimr are called Svartalf and Alf in Japan, so...

It's likely they'll merge Asgard and Vanaheim, probably. Thematically, they're the most similar. Both Aesir and Vanir are the gods, simply separated by their craft, I think.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Interesting.

The main point is that Heroes has a lot of material for a few more books if they're really going for the Norse realms, it seems.

(but that's because I see Freyja as genuinely caring for the other fairies before getting obsessed over Freyr). I wasn't expecting it to double as a Book 5 teaser but I'm just glad that this is indeed where the payoff (at least from Book 3) comes into play and it hasn't been pushed back to something else. And Dwarves, huh? Dwarves can do a ton of crazy stuff in Norse myth, so maybe Team Alfador and/or Team Lif are going to be commissioning them for something? I look forward to seeing what comes of it!!

Edited by DefyingFates

I don't really care how good or bad the story of Heroes is, I really enjoy watching how the story is unfolding, and how different things are connecting... or "connecting," as some might put it. 

I really love seeing these short movies come out, too. It reminds me of how long ago the Book II trailer came out, and how far we've come since then.

Ok thats a first that 2 Books have a tie in the story. So far we never had that to this extend that OCs from one Book (ecxept OCs from Book 1) were tied into another Book (ecxept for Loki but she is tied up everywhere). I hope Thrasir and Lif get fleshed out, liked them as villains alot more.

37 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ok thats a first that 2 Books have a tie in the story. So far we never had that to this extend that OCs from one Book (ecxept OCs from Book 1) were tied into another Book (ecxept for Loki but she is tied up everywhere). I hope Thrasir and Lif get fleshed out, liked them as villains alot more.

Remind me, are Fjorn and Eir still technically with the Order of Heroes and are now just deemed irrelevant to the story, or did they leave and go back to their own stuff and it's just gameplay story separation that they're in our armies?

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Remind me, are Fjorn and Eir still technically with the Order of Heroes and are now just deemed irrelevant to the story, or did they leave and go back to their own stuff and it's just gameplay story separation that they're in our armies?

They are still in our armies. Fjorm is ill and Eir is just there. Maybe they get tied into Book V too, so Fjorm can wish for Gunnthra to be alive again, Eir might have a weird connection to one of the new gods (being the actually daughter) and Bruno comes along because his cure is also tied to Nidavelir. I dont know.

Seeing Freyja care about the fairies and before her Freyr obsession was really nice. The book 5 teaser was the main thing though I guess. 

I really like that unlike Surtr in Hel, Lif and Thrasir actually got utilised in the story after their book. In norse mythology based on what I red (correct me if I am wrong), they were the humans that survived Ragnarok and inhabited the new world. So we will be seeing them more. 

Dwarfs now huh? Hopefully we have some male OCs to move the story and not only waifus. 

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

They are still in our armies. Fjorm is ill and Eir is just there. Maybe they get tied into Book V too, so Fjorm can wish for Gunnthra to be alive again, Eir might have a weird connection to one of the new gods (being the actually daughter) and Bruno comes along because his cure is also tied to Nidavelir. I dont know.

Fjorm's illness also came up in a recent Forging Bonds, she mentioned that she's been surviving longer than expected and Lysithea put together a team of mages to research a cure.

Laegjarn and Helbindi could also fit into the "wishing for revivals" thing, and Bruno could be very interesting.

Personally, I think the biggest appeal of Heroes is bringing together characters from throughout the series, including its own OCs, and I'd rather they play into that than prioritize making a more serious and traditional story. So I'm on board.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Fjorm's illness also came up in a recent Forging Bonds, she mentioned that she's been surviving longer than expected and Lysithea put together a team of mages to research a cure.

Laegjarn and Helbindi could also fit into the "wishing for revivals" thing, and Bruno could be very interesting.

Personally, I think the biggest appeal of Heroes is bringing together characters from throughout the series, including its own OCs, and I'd rather they play into that than prioritize making a more serious and traditional story. So I'm on board.

Yeah, the medium of release makes anything resembling a quality story highly difficult. Though I do wish they went absolutely full fanservice with the story by including actual established Fire Emblem characters instead of purely OCs. Stuff with Veronica and Xander is great, but that's literally the only example of a Fire Emblem character doing anything in these stories at all.

Since wecare entering Nidevekircand Dearves i can imagine that they start handing out Legendary weapon and skill refines (and DC weapon refines) and tie it to some game mode that involves mythics and legendaries

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I know Lewd fairy's voice from somewhere. Bernie?

No, her English actress (Nicole Gose) has yet to voice anyone else in Fire Emblem and hasn't really done much work in general going off of IMDB.

Triandra, however, shares hers (Lexi Klein) with Selkie. Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed that one either if the game didn't credit the VAs.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Since wecare entering Nidevekircand Dearves i can imagine that they start handing out Legendary weapon and skill refines (and DC weapon refines) and tie it to some game mode that involves mythics and legendaries

That might not be far off the mark given how packed the January and February (which now has 13 characters set to return) re-runs are now. Those two months also happen to feature most of the earliest legendaries (except Ryoma, who was banished to May):

Spoiler

dncryfi8hq161.png

So is Alfonse in the next world then?

In the ending, Lif says  the world of Dwarves is next and then we see a very injured Alfonse walking in a forest.

Also here's my theory as to why Alfonse went missing.

He's the messenger of Ragnarok

Also they're going to bring back Fjorm and Eir for the finale I'm pretty sure of it.

Hopefully we get some hot male dwarves for the next world I'm tired of the female big breasted characters.

8 hours ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

So is Alfonse in the next world then?

In the ending, Lif says  the world of Dwarves is next and then we see a very injured Alfonse walking in a forest.

Um, what? The video ends right after Lif mentions the next world. I don't see any scene of an injured Alfonse.

In norse myths, the dwarves are known for their crafts, which is why in many modern fictions the dwarves are tied with steampunk setting/technology. Loki and Freyja refer to Kiran's world as World of Steel, and currently modern humans make themselves most prosper with technology. idk if the game actually consider the Zenith/ the worlds of the main games as Midgard, as  when the world  Kiran is from (and possibly TMS casts, technically) as Nidavellir as the as our techs actually improve. 

Which goes back to the dream in previous movies where Alfonse find himself surrounded by the skyscraper, but we know "Alfonse" in book 4 is Kiran brainwashing themselves as Alfonse, and their subconcious is about the modern world, but who knows if the modern world will be relevant again, eh.

24 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

In norse myths, the dwarves are known for their crafts, which is why in many modern fictions the dwarves are tied with steampunk setting/technology. Loki and Freyja refer to Kiran's world as World of Steel, and currently modern humans make themselves most prosper with technology. idk if the game actually consider the Zenith/ the worlds of the main games as Midgard, as  when the world  Kiran is from (and possibly TMS casts, technically) as Nidavellir as the as our techs actually improve. 

Which goes back to the dream in previous movies where Alfonse find himself surrounded by the skyscraper, but we know "Alfonse" in book 4 is Kiran brainwashing themselves as Alfonse, and their subconcious is about the modern world, but who knows if the modern world will be relevant again, eh.

I'm no fan of TMS, but if they actually made the characters from it related to Kiran I'd be super cool with that. Plus it'd give another unit for that Icon which is hilariously few.