Are the gains worth it?

I've recently restarted on another save file, has used Skirmish's to get all my units to very high level and have a question. Can you advise?

I got The Dracoshield in Act 1, I'm now at the start of Act 4, I'm thinking of giving my Kliff The Dracoshield and I want to know if you think it is worth using it when doing so will lower his Spd from 28 to 18 when it will also increase his Def from 12 to 25 and his Res from 18 to 31?. I believe it will but I want A 2nd opinion

Edited by James Marshall
Realized that by mistake I'd put his Spd dropped from 18 to 28 rather then from 28 to 18

If your Kliff is a Sage, it's not worth the speed loss. A speed ring for extra move or a mage ring for extra range. If it's any other class, 9 times out of 10 you're better off having a weapon for better damage outputs. The Dracoshield is kind of a ‘meme item' as most units that want the defense boost can't handle the huge drop in speed or potential attack, and the units who are unaffected by the speed drop don't really benefit from the defense boost, since plink damage is set to 1. 

In my experience, the best users of the Dracoshield are Clive, Mycen, Nomah and Silque (but ideally Silque shouldn't be getting attacked) Clive and Mycen don't double much anyway Nomah doesn't double at all and Silque benefits from not dying to everything in 1 round during act 3. 

25 Def/31 Res backed by 18 Speed is virtually indestructible outside of the postgame, and even if Kliff's a Sage he'll still be fast enough to double just about everything short of the Dread Fighters and Mogalls (who will barely touch him). The real question is whether or not you think he needs the offense afforded by a weapon or stronger, heavier spells.

Well its not like the dracoshield is going to be permanently locked to him. As X-Naut said, those stats are well beyond the stats of most enemies in the game up until Act 6, but if he desperately needs to double to kill something and the dracoshield is preventing that, just trade it off him.