Deleting Attachments

Barren

11 minutes ago, Barren said:

Hi. I was wondering if anyone can help me delete attachments on my account. Anyway anyone can help is greatly appreciated. 

When you go to the top right corner of the website, you should see your profile picture and your name next to it-click on your name and then My Attachments. That shows you all of the images you've uploaded, and from there you can delete them.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

When you go to the top right corner of the website, you should see your profile picture and your name next to it-click on your name and then My Attachments. That shows you all of the images you've uploaded, and from there you can delete them.

I don't see the delete button or trash can icon (unless I'm blind). I am currently in my attachments

11 minutes ago, Barren said:

I don't see the delete button or trash can icon (unless I'm blind). I am currently in my attachments

Oh, you click on them, edit the post they were in and delete them that way. Sorry about forgetting that bit!

Uh, as far as I am aware though, you cannot delete attachments from locked threads.

If you are looking to upload more photos, you should probably use a photo hosting website, though. (Imgbox is a great choice IMO.) You upload your photo(s) to the website, then copy image location and paste 'em wherever you want!

You're halfway there!

Click on the topic in order to go to the post that has the attachment.  Click on Edit, then delete the attachment from there.

It's long and tedious, and I apologize for the hassle.

17 hours ago, Benice said:

If you are looking to upload more photos, you should probably use a photo hosting website, though. (Imgbox is a great choice IMO.) You upload your photo(s) to the website, then copy image location and paste 'em wherever you want!

this is good advice. sf's attachment system, while it works, is built on the back of legacy early-00s software, and if something goes wrong there's only a few of us who can do anything about it. absolutely feel free to use it for occasional things, but if you're looking to regularly upload images go the dedicated photo hosting route.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

You're halfway there!

Click on the topic in order to go to the post that has the attachment.  Click on Edit, then delete the attachment from there.

It's long and tedious, and I apologize for the hassle.

Unfortunately it's not letting me delete the images. Even if I cut it from the spoilers, it still shows up. I even tried to right click it when editing and it won't delete the images. So I may need some more help. Sorry to be a pain. I even tried to go to my attachments and I am not seeing any sort of delete option

1 hour ago, Barren said:

Unfortunately it's not letting me delete the images. Even if I cut it from the spoilers, it still shows up. I even tried to right click it when editing and it won't delete the images. So I may need some more help. Sorry to be a pain. I even tried to go to my attachments and I am not seeing any sort of delete option

You'll have to manually "un-attach" them.  Or PM me the topic/post with the picture, and I'll see what I can do about it.

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Or PM me the topic/post with the picture, and I'll see what I can do about it.

i'll take this, i can do a lot more shit with attachments much more easily as a redname

1 hour ago, Barren said:

So I may need some more help. Sorry to be a pain. I even tried to go to my attachments and I am not seeing any sort of delete option

i'm gonna run off and spoof being a user so i can actually give a perfect blow-by-blow on how to do it, but in the meantime, let me know what attachments you want removed ('all of them' is perfectly fine and is actually easier) and i'll go work my magic

EDIT: okay, so as a user what you have to do on desktop is:

* (optionally) go to My Attachments in the drop menu in the top right, this gives you a list of posts you have attachments on

* edit the post that has attached images

* scroll to the bottom of the post to a box called 'Uploaded Images'

* hover over each image one by one and click the delete button that appears in the bottom right

* repeat for every post you've attached images to

to me, that sounds like a massive pain in the ass, and it's way easier for me as an admin to delete them for you, but there's your information so you know for the future if you use the system again.

Edited by Integrity

Just now, Integrity said:

i'll take this, i can do a lot more shit with attachments much more easily as a redname

Alright, thanks!  Better than me going into individual posts and removing them one by one!

18 minutes ago, Integrity said:

i'm gonna run off and spoof being a user so i can actually give a perfect blow-by-blow on how to do it, but in the meantime, let me know what attachments you want removed ('all of them' is perfectly fine and is actually easier) and i'll go work my magic

EDIT: okay, so as a user what you have to do on desktop is:

* (optionally) go to My Attachments in the drop menu in the top right, this gives you a list of posts you have attachments on

* edit the post that has attached images

* scroll to the bottom of the post to a box called 'Uploaded Images'

* hover over each image one by one and click the delete button that appears in the bottom right

* repeat for every post you've attached images to

to me, that sounds like a massive pain in the ass, and it's way easier for me as an admin to delete them for you, but there's your information so you know for the future if you use the system again.

Thanks. I actually couldn't see the the trash icon well. I must have been going blind. 

1 minute ago, Integrity said:

to be fair it blends in a lot

It does yea. I wasn't sure if I had the right to complain about that or not. Thanks again for your help

Edited by Barren

Oh my god I used up all my attachments like over a year ago and 99% of them were random shit I was sending in PMs. 

No. I'm good. I don't need to go down that rabbit hole.

Edited by Dragoncat