Your headcanons for anything FE-related!

henrymidfields

On 12/14/2020 at 4:24 PM, Dragoncat said:

Welll. We are on the subject of Nemesis, time to share Fallen Scales and Rising Crests lore/headcanons. Writing this damn thing is hard, but no shortage of ideas.

Blaiddyd and Fraldarius had a whirlwind romance. They had to cut it short after crest ingestion because the Agarthans were like "lol nope we don't want to risk double crested offspring we don't know if it will be safe"

Daphnel was bisexual. He was interested in Riegan, but it was one sided. Riegan, on the other hand, was sapiosexual and pickier than the rest of the boys.

Given how house Riegan is mentioned to be a cadet branch to house Blaiddyd its probably more likely than not that Riegan was Blaiddyd's younger brother. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Given how house Riegan is mentioned to be a cadet branch to house Blaiddyd its probably more likely than not that Riegan was Blaiddyd's younger brother. 

Hey, this IS FE we're talking about.

My headcanon is that the only reason Garreg Mach wasn't totally destroyed and occupied during the timeskip is the Gatekeeper, who is secretly a Nabatean of supreme power. Any who tried to get through were vaporized by his loud yells of, "Nothing to report!"

The reason Tiki was sleeping in the Mila tree and A: Didn't remember she took one of the bits of the shield out herself and B: thought Lucina was Marth is because she was actually sleeping off a mega-hang-over on super vintage Ram Wine.

The revival springs in Valentia lost their power after Mila/Duma's deaths. (and maybe even the HP-cast magic their followers used considering how there's no sign of it in the other Archanea games so Luthier/Kliff actually learned the Tome Cast magic in Archanea after Echoes.)

Alm wasn't joking about farming himself after the war, infact he strongly encouraged everyone, noble and peasent alike to farm/do some craft that they could trade with Archanea and other continents at least until Valentia was able to sustain itself after the war.

Arundel/Thales seems pretty confident that Nemesis doesn't have any descendants, which gives me an idea: if Nemesis did have any children, TWSITD hunted down and killed them because they don't want anyone to have the Crest of Flames outside their control.

Likewise, since we know that TWSITD had Nemesis's body in their possession, they used his blood to give Edelgard her second Crest.

33 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ashe and Hapi's support mentions a story about a member of House Blaiddyd who married into House Riegan after the Crescent Moon War, which could explain how the latter can be a cadet branch while also having its own Crest.

Persona 5 and TMS take place in the same world at the same time. 

Itsuki and his allies would be fully aware of the Phantom Thieves, but since they're all focused on becoming idols, they don't really spend much time with the fad. (Except for Ellie, who's a big fan in secret.)

Likewise, some of the Phantom Thieves are fond of the TMS cast's music, but they're also so focused on their own troubles and job as Thieves that they don't spend much time thinking about it. 

-Fiora is Roy’s mother, that’s where he got his blue eyes

-Fiora was assassinated by the salty nobles who didn’t accept their duchess being a mercenary.

-Roy marries Sue in Sacae route, or Shanna in Ilia route.

-Ephraim died without children regardless if he married someone or not. Eirika than succeded him, that’s why she is called Restoration Queen

-Lyon was horny for Ephraim

Celica and Alm have a rocky marriage. They love each other but keep arguing and disagreeing about political issues and even little mundane things. It works for them. Alm had wonderlust so he was always traveling while Celica took care of home affairs.

-Celica loves to drink alcohol but Alm hates when she drinks. She gets too high when she is drunk, which is quite often.

-Inigo was married to one of the girls in Awakening, and then he brought his second wife from Nohr to Ylisse, causing a huge sucession mess if his father is Chrom or a noble like Virion.

-The substitutes of FE4 coexist with the original kids. Some are more important than others in the story, reflected on gameplay mechanic of who is recruited. Ex: If Muirne is playable so Lana is not important in this version of story,. but Lana exists. 

8 hours ago, genesis said:

-Inigo was married to one of the girls in Awakening, and then he brought his second wife from Nohr to Ylisse, causing a huge sucession mess if his father is Chrom or a noble like Virion.

I have a feeling that the noble parents would probably keep their future children out of the line of succession. They'd be treated like illegitimate children of that time for all intents and purposes - they'd exist and be treated as noble, but have no influence on the line of succession unless things got really, really bad. It may be a little harder for Chrom and his family, since the Mark of the Exalt shows of the noble blood, but only by a little IMO. 

If players are romancing Dimitri in AM, after the Battle of Gronder Field, when Dimitri takes Byleth's hand, the two sleep together. Also, going off of that, (again, if you're shipping them), Dimitri knew he wanted to marry Byleth when he saw them sitting on the throne in Chapter 11. 

Louise was damage control queen after Pent learned that Klein didn't inherit his natural aptitude for magic. She took their son under his wing and helped the two reconcile after Pent didn't do a good job expressing his disappointment. (He got a stern talking-to from her for sure.) This also prepared the family when Clarine came around and Pent inevitably doted more on her.

15 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Louise was damage control queen after Pent learned that Klein didn't inherit his natural aptitude for magic. She took their son under his wing and helped the two reconcile after Pent didn't do a good job expressing his disappointment. (He got a stern talking-to from her for sure.) This also prepared the family when Clarine came around and Pent inevitably doted more on her.

that kinda explain how clarine got haughty attitude

Byleth is 25-26 during part I and 30-31 during part II.
I can't stand the fact they decided to make him 20, so I just stick with this idea to the point it is basically my headcanon.
I mean, if he/she really was 20, Hubert, a student, would be his age, Mercedes 2 years older and Balthus even 6 years older; and I just can't accept this, because it doesn't make any sense that everyone in the story call Byleth an adult and then treat every student, even those who are older than him/her, as kids.
Plus, I know the game is settled in a medieval era, but a 20 years old professor feel kinda strange to me, and Byleth seems to be such a skilled one, it feels surreal.

2 hours ago, Francis said:

Byleth is 25-26 during part I and 30-31 during part II.
I can't stand the fact they decided to make him 20, so I just stick with this idea to the point it is basically my headcanon.
I mean, if he/she really was 20, Hubert, a student, would be his age, Mercedes 2 years older and Balthus even 6 years older; and I just can't accept this, because it doesn't make any sense that everyone in the story call Byleth an adult and then treat every student, even those who are older than him/her, as kids.
Plus, I know the game is settled in a medieval era, but a 20 years old professor feel kinda strange to me, and Byleth seems to be such a skilled one, it feels surreal.

Counterpoint - I'm a teacher to adult learners, making me around the same age as some of my students and younger than the children several other students. Besides, it's not uncommon for graduate school students or TAs to be near the age of those they end up teaching. (And considering that most of the students are "freshman in college" age*, I think this is an apt comparison.)  Garrag Mach isn't a normal school either; many of the students are educated before coming to the school, as evidenced Lorenz, Annette, and Mercedes all coming from the Fhirdiad School of Sorcery. Balthus was a student from  Holst's generation, so his situation is more complicated than the average student. I'm not saying Byleth's thing is common, or that your head-canon is wrong, but there is precedent for it in real life.

Anyways, to the head-canon of note for today: Felix has at least one other sibling. They aren't mentioned because Felix isn't close to them, and Rodrigue doesn't really mention them because the conversations we usually see him in are usually are about Dimitri (his prince and best friend's son), Glenn (his deceased son), or Felix (his problem child in his eyes). 

*To continue the metaphor, Hubert and Mercedes would be more akin to students who graduated high school and then had working jobs before attending college, making them older than their peers. Those on the younger spectrum like Petra and Lystihea simply graduated "high school" early. 

13 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Counterpoint - I'm a teacher to adult learners, making me around the same age as some of my students and younger than the children several other students. Besides, it's not uncommon for graduate school students or TAs to be near the age of those they end up teaching. (And considering that most of the students are "freshman in college" age*, I think this is an apt comparison.)  Garrag Mach isn't a normal school either; many of the students are educated before coming to the school, as evidenced Lorenz, Annette, and Mercedes all coming from the Fhirdiad School of Sorcery. Balthus was a student from  Holst's generation, so his situation is more complicated than the average student. I'm not saying Byleth's thing is common, or that your head-canon is wrong, but there is precedent for it in real life.

*To continue the metaphor, Hubert and Mercedes would be more akin to students who graduated high school and then had working jobs before attending college, making them older than their peers. Those on the younger spectrum like Petra and Lystihea simply graduated "high school" early. 

Thank you for sharing your experience. It must be kinda odd, at first, but I guess you got accustomed to it after a while (and I think it is a beautiful thing too, to let aside ages in order to grow togheter).
I know Garreg Mach isn't a normal school and that many students there had stories wich led 'em to start the Academy course later in their life, but I just can't really go with Byleth being just 20.
Maybe it's because I can't really see a 20 years old being so skilled as a teacher, and even if I know there probably are some out there who could teach better than most adultds at just 18, I like to think Byleth had more years to learn about life on the battlefield while travelling with Jeralt, making him a little older than his/her official age.
I usually don't like when the games give you official ages because Japanese developers tend to make their protagonist really, really young, probably in order to attract more audience. Petra being 15, for example, is still kinda odd to me (but maybe it's because every 15yo I ever met in my life is basically just a taller kid, and you start to see them really growing up around 17-early 18). I am soon going to become 18, and the contrast between guys my age and the characters in-game feel kinga strange.
But anyway, who cares, I was really glad when they decided to use a timeskip to make the characters older. Plus, there are some characters in Fire Emblem who look like they are 20 and at the same time in their 30s lol

Anyway, I still am not sure if that's canon or not, but I really think there are many Falchions in the same universe.
I am not just talking about Lucina's Falchion, because that's basically the same Chrom have; it is mainly because we know Marth and Alm lives during the same period, and they both have a Falchion wich obviously isn't the same.
Now, I think for obvious reason that the Falchion Chrom and Lucina have is the Marth's one, and that probably applies to Itsuki's Falchion too, even if that's probably just an "illusion" and not a real sword.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:24 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Persona 5 and TMS take place in the same world at the same time. 

Itsuki and his allies would be fully aware of the Phantom Thieves, but since they're all focused on becoming idols, they don't really spend much time with the fad. (Except for Ellie, who's a big fan in secret.)

Likewise, some of the Phantom Thieves are fond of the TMS cast's music, but they're also so focused on their own troubles and job as Thieves that they don't spend much time thinking about it. 

About that...
I think that's a cool idea, and I like to think that too (after all that game must be settled in a universe where Shadows exists), but then again, how could they not notice the Phantom Thieves action? The whole world knew them, and during Persona 5 Royal the world basically go upside down two times in a really short period of time.
And also, in Tokyo Mirage Session they shows that strange, new technology wich they apply during concerts, making the SMT#FE world looking like a futuristic one rather than the same as ours. Persona 5 Royal takes place sometimes after 2012 (probably 2017, but as a long as the devs don't say so, we can't be 100% sure), and they basically have the same technologies as us.
But I have to say SMT#FE dungeons and Persona's Palaces are really similar.

1 hour ago, Francis said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. It must be kinda odd, at first, but I guess you got accustomed to it after a while (and I think it is a beautiful thing too, to let aside ages in order to grow togheter).
I know Garreg Mach isn't a normal school and that many students there had stories wich led 'em to start the Academy course later in their life, but I just can't really go with Byleth being just 20.
Maybe it's because I can't really see a 20 years old being so skilled as a teacher, and even if I know there probably are some out there who could teach better than most adultds at just 18, I like to think Byleth had more years to learn about life on the battlefield while travelling with Jeralt, making him a little older than his/her official age.
I usually don't like when the games give you official ages because Japanese developers tend to make their protagonist really, really young, probably in order to attract more audience. Petra being 15, for example, is still kinda odd to me (but maybe it's because every 15yo I ever met in my life is basically just a taller kid, and you start to see them really growing up around 17-early 18). I am soon going to become 18, and the contrast between guys my age and the characters in-game feel kinga strange.
But anyway, who cares, I was really glad when they decided to use a timeskip to make the characters older. Plus, there are some characters in Fire Emblem who look like they are 20 and at the same time in their 30s lol

Anyway, I still am not sure if that's canon or not, but I really think there are many Falchions in the same universe.
I am not just talking about Lucina's Falchion, because that's basically the same Chrom have; it is mainly because we know Marth and Alm lives during the same period, and they both have a Falchion wich obviously isn't the same.
Now, I think for obvious reason that the Falchion Chrom and Lucina have is the Marth's one, and that probably applies to Itsuki's Falchion too, even if that's probably just an "illusion" and not a real sword.

About that...
I think that's a cool idea, and I like to think that too (after all that game must be settled in a universe where Shadows exists), but then again, how could they not notice the Phantom Thieves action? The whole world knew them, and during Persona 5 Royal the world basically go upside down two times in a really short period of time.
And also, in Tokyo Mirage Session they shows that strange, new technology wich they apply during concerts, making the SMT#FE world looking like a futuristic one rather than the same as ours. Persona 5 Royal takes place sometimes after 2012 (probably 2017, but as a long as the devs don't say so, we can't be 100% sure), and they basically have the same technologies as us.

Don't forget Byleth also got the job out of sheer nepotism on Rhea's part. I have a harder time believing they can teache the likes of Hubert and Lysethia anything about magic more than their age being on the younger side.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Don't forget Byleth also got the job out of sheer nepotism on Rhea's part. I have a harder time believing they can teache the likes of Hubert and Lysethia anything about magic more than their age being on the younger side.

Byleth is almost entirely just reading training manuals they barely understand d themselves to all of the students. 

6 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Byleth is almost entirely just reading training manuals they barely understand d themselves to all of the students. 

Honestly I agree with this one. My headcanons regarding Byleth is that they’re extremely socially inept and kind of a mess of a human being. Like my headcanon for why F!Byleth’s clothes are the way they are is because she had no female role model in her life and just kind of threw on whatever she thought looked nice or what other shopkeeps, merchants, and other people told her to wear. It’s not like she really cared.

7 hours ago, Francis said:

Thanks! I think it's simply that neither group really cared for the other, or were doing their activities around the same time, so they were both busy. Itsuki and crew were so focused on being idols that they didn't have time to dedicate to the Phantom Thieves trend (although they most certainly knew about them, and probably could have used similarly themed costumes to boost their popularity) and the Phantom Thieves didn't think of the TMS crew as anything other than musicians. Why would the Phantom Thieves care about up-and-coming artists, and what good would it do for said artists to speak out against people not in their sphere of influence?

In terms of the technology, that is, as far as I can remember (I play the game very sporadically), only used in concerts. Every other aspect of the teens' lives is as normal as expected. For that, I'd say that the tech is for the concerts but not necessarily usable by normal people. For example, The Mandalorian uses Unreal Engine for its special effects, if I'm not mistaken (but correct me if I'm wrong!). And while many regular people can do amazing things with it, we'd consider it beyond the capability of most. It's the same thing with concerts. It's not that people can't do what the TMS concerts can do, it's simply they don't have the knowledge or manpower to do so. (Although we can also just chalk it up to magic.) Besides, the Persona canonically has androids and fully-functioning A.I. as of P5S, so I don't think calling it too advanced is a problem there lol!

About the upside down thing...that really depends on if you have Royal as the canon story. Right now I have P5 Vanilla and Strikers as "canon," roughly speaking. Royal is great and I love it, but if Kasumi doesn't make an appearance or isn't mentioned in any of the follow-up material, I'm hesitant to apply it. But outside of that, we see that at the end of P5, most people consider the endgame events as some sort of dream or hallucination. Combine it with TMS's "everyone is getting their energy drained" thing, and you've got a plausible deniability. 

If I am to make any Fates-related work, this headcanon will apply:

Corrin made the sensible choice to not use the Deeprealms. The child units would only come about through Astral shenanigans once things were situated in the world of Smash.

I don't really view it as a headcanon since I think the point of them is that they actually could theoretically be canon even if its never said so, but I have a semi headcanon about the Fates second gens. Considering the deeprealm nonsense is directly stated in the game this semi headcanon  can never be canon in any shape or form, but it should have been canon while the canon information Fates gives us on the second gens should never have existed in the first place. 

As far as Fates goes I prefer to believe that the second gens absolutely do not exist within the story. The hyperbolic time chambers do not exist, Siegbert swinging his sword at granddaddy Garon doesn't exist, and a 14 year old Sakura getting pregnant and gaining an 18 year old son does not exist. None of it exists and none of it ever happened. 

Instead the first gens finish the war and once they settle down they have children the normal way. Siegbert doesn't step out of a time portal but just grows up and 18 years after Garon was defeated he's grown into the meek, mullet haired prince we see in Fates. Shiro just gets born, possibly grows up in a commoner household to teach him about the commoner life and 18 years after the story he's a big friendly hulk with daddy issues. Everyone just gets born, has a normal childhood and their designs and personalities we see in fates are just cute non canon cameos to suggest how everyone's children might have turned out. 

So I'd really like it if the second gens stop mentioning those bloody deeprealms in Fire Emblem Heroes! 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

12 hours ago, Samz707 said:

"You've just got to stay one lesson ahead of the kid."

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e5df5e6b-a19d-48c7-8caf-48e1c74071f7

Well this is an obscure enough website I needed to resort to to get the exact clip I needed for my quote that it doesn't allow for embedding.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't really view it as a headcanon since I think the point of them is that they actually could theoretically be canon even if its never said so, but I have a semi headcanon about the Fates second gens. Considering the deeprealm nonsense is directly stated in the game this semi headcanon  can never be canon in any shape or form, but it should have been canon while the canon information Fates gives us on the second gens should never have existed in the first place. 

As far as Fates goes I prefer to believe that the second gens absolutely do not exist within the story. The hyperbolic time chambers do not exist, Siegbert swinging his sword at granddaddy Garon doesn't exist, and a 14 year old Sakura getting pregnant and gaining an 18 year old son does not exist. None of it exists and none of it ever happened. 

Instead the first gens finish the war and once they settle down they have children the normal way. Siegbert doesn't step out of a time portal but just grows up and 18 years after Garon was defeated he's grown into the meek, mullet haired prince we see in Fates. Shiro just gets born, possibly grows up in a commoner household to teach him about the commoner life and 18 years after the story he's a big friendly hulk with daddy issues. Everyone just gets born, has a normal childhood and their designs and personalities we see in fates are just cute non canon cameos to suggest how everyone's children might have turned out. 

So I'd really like it if the second gens stop mentioning those bloody deeprealms in Fire Emblem Heroes! 

As much as I understand the frustration, it's a bit hard to just ignore that entirely as, from what I can recall, some of the daddy issues the second gen cast have is because they were abandoned to the deep realms. At least in their recruitment chapters (they get over it pretty quickly). So it is kind of an influencing part of the characterisation, for better or for worse.

Edited by Jotari

12 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Thanks! I think it's simply that neither group really cared for the other, or were doing their activities around the same time, so they were both busy. Itsuki and crew were so focused on being idols that they didn't have time to dedicate to the Phantom Thieves trend (although they most certainly knew about them, and probably could have used similarly themed costumes to boost their popularity) and the Phantom Thieves didn't think of the TMS crew as anything other than musicians. Why would the Phantom Thieves care about up-and-coming artists, and what good would it do for said artists to speak out against people not in their sphere of influence?

The other thing to note is that idols in particular and celebrities in general in Japan are discouraged from getting involved in political stuff compared to the US and Europe, whether it is from managers who want to prioritize the popularity, the audiences in Japan who dislike anyone outspoken (with the possible exception of right-wing opinions), or the pissed-off politicians and the complicit media who can coerce other people to derail said person's career. Or even just the fear from the above. Two examples I can think of:

• There was a backlash against Naomi Osaka (the half-Japanese half-US tennis player) when she made a statement supporting BLM in the US. And the backlash was from Japanese audiences who deemed that she stepped out of line as a sportsperson, not much (as far as I know) from the usual suspects from the US audiences.
  • The relative lack of artists, comedians etc that make political or social commentary jokes/comedies in general in Japan may also be an example. For example, Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart in the US, or even some of the thought-provoking skits/jokes that I sometimes see every now and then from the Apollo Live in the BBC, or Shaun Micallef in Australia. Woman Rush Hour is one major exception and a successful example of a politics-oriented comedy duo in recent years, however, note that even they face a significant amount of backlash. Read here for some introduction.
Edited by henrymidfields

Veronica and Sanaki get along very well in a hypothetical order of heroes due to them having very similar circumstances. (I’m thinking of b! Veronica here but I’d assume regular Veronica would get along just fine) 

also not really a hc but I know it’s just reversed Japanese but the galdrs in tellius always reminded me of hebrew songs I grew up with so I like to image to myself that they’re in hebrew

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

As much as I understand the frustration, it's a bit hard to just ignore that entirely as, from what I can recall, some of the daddy issues the second gen cast have is because they were abandoned to the deep realms. At least in their recruitment chapters (they get over it pretty quickly). So it is kind of an influencing part of the characterisation, for better or for worse.

I think there's room to play around with that. Many of those issues can be kept in even without the deeprealms. Siegbert's anxiety seems like a natural part of him that he would have developed anyway, and Saizo is an ass who would have soured the relation with his kid pretty quickly, Leo's a bit too blunt to fully accept Forrest right away and Shiro could be dumped with commoners to teach him of their lifestyle rather than being raised in the deeprealm.

Meanwhile the younger ones like Kiragi or Kanna don't seem to have a grudge at all and completely adore their parents which they would have done with or without deeprealms. 

18 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think there's room to play around with that. Many of those issues can be kept in even without the deeprealms. Siegbert's anxiety seems like a natural part of him that he would have developed anyway, and Saizo is an ass who would have soured the relation with his kid pretty quickly, Leo's a bit too blunt to fully accept Forrest right away and Shiro could be dumped with commoners to teach him of their lifestyle rather than being raised in the deeprealm.

Meanwhile the younger ones like Kiragi or Kanna don't seem to have a grudge at all and completely adore their parents which they would have done with or without deeprealms. 

Well one can ignore and substitute as much as they want, I can imagine Faval is Takumi's son if I want, my point was more that the deeprealms were part of the character's backstory at the point of conceptualization and was utilized in influencing the writing of their characters. So it's not like you can just take the character and port them to a completely difference scenario with no rewriting at all.

16 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think this is closer to an AU than a headcanon. But I would agree to doing this, too.