Your headcanons for anything FE-related!

henrymidfields

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sylvain had countless flings with other women for years despite marrying one of the Garreg Mach girls.

I think almost all of his paired endings point out that he doesn't, though. As far as I can tell, only the Sylvain/Mercedes one does not directly state that he stopped philandering.

---

My headcanon is that the reason Byleth can't pet the animals in Garreg Mach is because they're actually afraid of them and ignore them as much as possible.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason we don’t see Byleth use divine pulse that often is because they wanted the narrative to mostly ignore it so we didn’t have to find out that they went back to the Rhea lap pillow scene about 100 times.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I think almost all of his paired endings point out that he doesn't, though. As far as I can tell, only the Sylvain/Mercedes one does not directly state that he stopped philandering.

That’s actually only his Ingrid ending and his endings with Byleth on every route except Crimson Flower and who can blame him in a route where Edelgard is still alive?

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s actually only his Ingrid ending and his endings with Byleth on every route except Crimson Flower and who can blame him in a route where Edelgard is still alive?

Perhaps I'm misreading the text, but I think that the line at the end of the Dorothea/Sylvain ending,

"It is said that what finally convinced Dorothea to marry Sylvain was his promise that they would grow old happily together, and that he was true to his word."

Means that he gave up on philandering. Plus, even the ones that don't explicitly state that he stopped do seem to imply it.

But I dunno, I'm not an expert.

Just now, Benice said:

Perhaps I'm misreading the text, but I think that the line at the end of the Dorothea/Sylvain ending,

"It is said that what finally convinced Dorothea to marry Sylvain was his promise that they would grow old happily together, and that he was true to his word."

Means that he gave up on philandering. Plus, even the ones that don't explicitly state that he stopped do seem to imply it.

But I dunno, I'm not an expert.

I think it implies it as well, but I think that’s just because of the happy nature of the endings, as all that means was that he with her for a long time. But he stops in his Ingrid ending and that’s objectively canon so it’s okay.

Olivia and Maribelle are bisexual. Maribelle is in love with Lissa (not unlike Soren's love for Ike), but she's also in love with Chrom (at first). Tharja is probably not entirely straight, given her obsession with Robin, but since I consider both M!Robin and F!Robin seperate characters, I'm not sure how to approach that just yet. 

On all non-CF and non romancing Flayn paths, M!Byleth started a relationship with 

Spoiler

Rhea

after his spouse died of natural causes after a long and happy life. 

Likewise, F!Byleth did the same with Seteth. 

• 2 weeks later...

1) I think Chrom have at least 2 canon wives

+ Sumia : Obvious

+ Olivia : Inigo is the only potential secondary child of Chrom that mentions any presence of a Mark of Naga on them. Neither Cynthia, Kjelle, Brady, nor Male Morgan mention having a Mark on them except Inigo

He's a king so he have many wives is understandable

2) Lissa x Lon'qu. Just look at Oswain. He's exactly Lon'qu with blonde. Lon'qu is a lolicon

Edited by Hasechi

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 2:41 PM, Alastor15243 said:

Xander, Leo, Camilla and Elise's mounts are respectively named Sigurd, Azel, Marzia and Mr. Fluffmuffin.

mr. fluffmuffin is absolutely top tier in genealogy gen 1. all the holy bloods.

also this post taught me people just came up with a name for camilla's wyvern and put it on the FE wiki as canon and it has been fooling people for years lmao

14 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Well aware of this, but I like it so it stuck with me.

Reminds of the Tomb Raider series where a fake-second name for one of the characters stuck around on wikis and such until literally last year I think.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 11:58 AM, Francis said:

Byleth is 25-26 during part I and 30-31 during part II.

Tbh, that's actually the age I thought they were when I first saw them. Really, they always looked like they were in their mid-twenties at least.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:34 AM, Francis said:

I mean, if he/she really was 20, Hubert, a student, would be his age, Mercedes 2 years older and Balthus even 6 years older; and I just can't accept this, because it doesn't make any sense that everyone in the story call Byleth an adult and then treat every student, even those who are older than him/her, as kids.

I think that's cause, compared to the other students (even some like Hubert or Mercedes), Byleth would essentially be more of an adult. I mean, most of the students are either nobles or commoners who grew up in relatively tranquil environment and have barely ever experienced an actual life or death situation (and those that did go through something like that ended getting heavily traumatized by it, you probably know which ones I'm talking about) and also haven't really experienced most of what the real world has to offer. Byleth on the other hand spent a good chunk of their lives in the battlefield and have many years of experience as mercenaries, like you said here:

On 12/25/2020 at 5:34 AM, Francis said:

Byleth had more years to learn about life on the battlefield while travelling with Jeralt, making him a little older than his/her official age.

And that's exactly what's already going with them in the game imo (it actually ties into one of my own headcanons). Even if they're not that far in age from the students, they're likely still more mentally "grown up" and that's why the church faculty and the other adult characters (Rodrigue, Judith, etc.) treat them like equals/one of them (without mentioning the fact that they're also pretty much mentoring the students, in some cases in more ways than just teaching). People who grew up in a different/harsher kind of environment can be shaped differently, and can end up being more grown up than their age would suggest, like Stocke from Radiant Historia, or Morag from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, or Yuri from Tales of Vesperia.

Well, at least that's how I see it.

Edited by Cosmic_Dragon
Had something I needed to add.

I have a pair of headcanons for Faye because I believe she desreved better.

1. When she was young, she bugged Kilff to style her hair. Since she liked how it looked, she continued asking him to do it over the years. He is the one behind the hairstyle

2. Her awkward interactions with Silque come from her feeling nervous around outsiders. Having lived in Ram Village her entire life, she isn`t confident in talking with those from other parts of Zofia.

-Because of growing up amongst mercenaries most of his life, Byleth has a bit of a hard time interacting with the students outside of teaching matters and has an easier time relating/getting along with the Church faculty, but he gradually gets better at interacting with the students on a friendlier level as part 1 develops (it begins as a strict teacher/student relationship but grows to be more of a mentor/protegee kind of bond).

-The journal that we can use to level up Byleth's stats is actually a sort of log that Byleth carries with him wherever he goes cause it's where he records the things he's seen on his travels as well as having notes on things he learned about handling the different types of weapons (that's why he can use it to level up stats).

-There's actually more Nabateans remaining out there other than Rhea, Seteth, Flayn, Macuil and Indech, they just don't dare come out into the world cause they didn't participate in the war of heroes and as such weren't "saint-ified", and therefor they either feel they have no place walking amongst humans like their remaining fellow brethren, or they simply want to remain in seclusion (either out of hatred for humanity or fear of being hunted down again).

-Correlating to the above, If Byleth and Rhea get married at the end of Silver Snow, they set out to track down those other Nabateans and convince them to come out onto the world again. Whenever Byleth eventually gives up the crown and passes it to someone else, he and Rhea, along with Seteth (and his new wife if he married anyone), Flayn and the other Nabateans set out to reconstruct Zanado and retire there afterwards, with Byleth and Rhea being named the guardians/leaders of the city.

Whoever proposes to Flayn will undergo Trial by Combat with Seteth. No but seriously, Seteth will probably take a while to warm up to the idea of Flayn being in a relationship (how long that would be is up to you), but like any father he'll eventually soften up. This however will lead into him doing something he's been dreading to do for centuries... giving Flayn "the talk".

-Byleth, Catherine and Shamir form a close friendship during White Clouds. They basically become a "Golden Trio" of sorts that gets into all sorts of hijinks and adventures (or misadventures). Catherine likes to good-naturedly refer to Byleth as "beast".

-After the war, Cyril decides to leave Garreg Mach to experience more of the world on his own terms (and takes whoever he's paired up with him). He spends a lot of time in the territory of the border between Fodlan and Almyra, and still frequently visits the monastery, either because of simply wanting to go back every once in a while, or because he delivers letters from Claude to Byleth (unofficially becoming an emmissary of sorts between the two so to speak, even if he himself doesn't know it xD)

-Lysithea gets cured from her disease no matter who she gets paired up with (I understand wanting some lasting sense of tragedy to her story, but come on, no way would Byleth or Hanneman just leave her to die like that for no reason). 

Here's some other headcanons I didn't put in my previous post:

-The reason Jeralt made Remire Village his and Byleth's main settlement is because he and Sitri had been planning to move there once Byleth was born, as Jeralt thought that moving to a more tranquil place would be ideal for that. Sitri also wanted to experience living a life outside the monastery, and Jeralt himself wanted to show her more of the world, not to mention they both thought that it'd be best to raise a baby in a more peaceful environment (and the reason they chose Remire Village specifically is because the place actually holds something of a personal and sentimental connection/value to Sitri, but that's in correlation to another headcanon/theory I have).

-Jeralt's mercenary band in the beginning was mainly comprised of former Knights of Seiros who followed him after he left Garreg Mach. As the years went on, more recruits were added onto the company, and their relationship varies. Some look at Jeralt like a father to his men and at Byleth as a comrade in arms, others merely look at them as their boss and another soldier in their ranks respectively, while certain few have something of rivalry going on with Byleth due to how good a fighter he is despite being younger.

-Byleth has a liking for music. That's the reason he participates in the church choir from time to time, but it isn't singing what he's attracted to, so much as it is instruments; he's more of a musician than a singer, and he actually practices with the acoustic guitar in his spare time sometimes; however, due to becoming a professor, even his spare time is pretty limited now due to all the responsibilities he has, so he barely gets enough time to play some notes anymore, which is why he turns to choir practices, as singing is the next closest thing he has to music.

3 hours ago, Cosmic_Dragon said:

Here's some other headcanons I didn't put in my previous post:

-The reason Jeralt made Remire Village his and Byleth's main settlement is because he and Sitri had been planning to move there once Byleth was born, as Jeralt thought that moving to a more tranquil place would be ideal for that. Sitri also wanted to experience living a life outside the monastery, and Jeralt himself wanted to show her more of the world, not to mention they both thought that it'd be best to raise a baby in a more peaceful environment (and the reason they chose Remire Village specifically is because the place actually holds something of a personal and sentimental connection/value to Sitri, but that's in correlation to another headcanon/theory I have).

-Jeralt's mercenary band in the beginning was mainly comprised of former Knights of Seiros who followed him after he left Garreg Mach. As the years went on, more recruits were added onto the company, and their relationship varies. Some look at Jeralt like a father to his men and at Byleth as a comrade in arms, others merely look at them as their boss and another soldier in their ranks respectively, while certain few have something of rivalry going on with Byleth due to how good a fighter he is despite being younger.

-Byleth has a liking for music. That's the reason he participates in the church choir from time to time, but it isn't singing what he's attracted to, so much as it is instruments; he's more of a musician than a singer, and he actually practices with the acoustic guitar in his spare time sometimes; however, due to becoming a professor, even his spare time is pretty limited now due to all the responsibilities he has, so he barely gets enough time to play some notes anymore, which is why he turns to choir practices, as singing is the next closest thing he has to music.

Considering Jearlt was in hiding, Remire village would actually be a terrible place for him to go under those circumstances.

Edited by Jotari

32 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Considering Jearlt was in hiding, Remire village would actually be a terrible place for him to go under those circumstances.

I don't think Jeralt was actually in hiding though, mostly just trying to stay away from the church (Rhea already knew that he was out there somewhere but just left him alone), and I don't think he'd have told her where he was going anyway. But that's also why I said "main settlement" as in "place he and Byleth stay in many times" but not really the place they "live in" (I also don't think he'd have gone there straight away, maybe he was simply in some other village in the middle of nowhere until he considered going there), as the mercenary band moved around a lot, but Remire Village was the place that they went back to more frequently (than all the other places they visited) throughout the years (Byleth not really understanding why that was so, but not really paying it any mind either way). 

It also ties into another headcanon I have about why he says that he and Byleth "owe" the people of Remire Village, but that's something I'm still trying to work out.

Edited by Cosmic_Dragon

2 minutes ago, Cosmic_Dragon said:

I don't think Jeralt was actually in hiding though, mostly just trying to stay away from the church (Rhea already knew that he was out there somewhere but just left him alone), and I don't think he'd have told her where he was going anyway. But that's also why I said "main settlement" as in "place he and Byleth stay in many times" but not really the place they "live in" (I also don't think he'd have gone there straight away, maybe he was simply in some other village in the middle of nowhere until he considered going there), as the mercenary band moved around a lot, but Remire Village was the place that they went back to more frequently (than all the other places they visited) throughout the years (Byleth not really understanding why that was so, but not really paying it any mind either way).

Yes, so going to the place he would talk about going with Sitri would not put him in a place Rhea couldn't find him. Especially if it was a place important to Sitri, who Rhea would know everything about what with Sitri basically being her homunculus.

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yes, so going to the place he would talk about going with Sitri would not put him in a place Rhea couldn't find him. Especially if it was a place important to Sitri, who Rhea would know everything about what with Sitri basically being her homunculus.

Yes I understand that, but again, I don't think that Rhea was trying to find him all those years to bring him back, she just left him alone until Alois happened to stumble upon him (so even if she knew where he was or where she could find him, she wouldn't have gone there to drag him back). And when I said he wanted to stay away from the church, I didn't mean he was hiding from them so much as simply trying to stay out of their way/having as little contact with them as possible. And again, it's not really the place where Byleth and Jeralt actually "live in", so much as it's the place where they happen to stay in when they aren't on a mission (which can take from weeks to months, and given how they're supposedly such a esteemed mercenary company (which already would've put a damper on Jeralt if he was actually trying to hide given he was famous as the Blade Breaker), I think the missions would be rather frequent), and it's also not where I think he immediately went to after leaving the monastery.

Edited by Cosmic_Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

Hayato is the son of Mikoto and Sumeragi. He may or may not have been conceived while Sumeragi's first was still alive, but regardless, he was sent away from the couple because Sumeragi taking in Corrin was seen as generous as it was, and could have been hidden from the general populace. Having two children by the same woman out of wedlock - but soon brought into wedlock - would have made it seem like Sumeragi was replacing his first family with a second one. So Hayato was given to Sumeragi's best friend. 

Men being unable to ride pegasi is the Big Lie perpetuated by Pegasus Knight guilds who don't want women to lose their gender-exclusivity. To their credit it's far from easy, as pegasi have a deep-seated fear of men from the days they were hunted. Few men have the temperament to overcome this, and few pegasi would be bold enough to trust a male rider.

I dont believe I have posted my headcanons. I like shipping so thats what I will say for now.

FE6: Roy x Lilina
FE7: Eliwood X Ninian, Hector x Florina, Rath x Lyn, Nino x Jaffar
FE8: Eirika x Seth, Tana x Ephraim, Joshua x Natasha
FE9/FE10: Jill x Haar, Lucia x Bastian, Elincia x Geoffry
FE16: Edelgard x Hubert,  Feliz x Annette, Claude x Hilda, Dimitri x F!Byleth

I wont mention already canons such as Sothe x Micaiah.

Non ship headcanon, Mark's FE7 avatar is actually Morgan, Robin's Child

5 hours ago, Naoshi said:

Eirika x Seth,

Claude x Hilda,

Edelgard x Hubert,

My Eirika/Saleh, Claude/Petra (and sometimes Claude/Edelgard), and Caspar/Hilda shipping heart hurts a little today lol! (But my Eirika/Seth heart rejoices.)