Jump to content
henrymidfields

Your headcanons for anything FE-related!

Recommended Posts

On 12/7/2020 at 6:58 PM, Samz707 said:

Bramimond says he's going to die soon when Anthos is dying because he actually used almost all of his own Quintessence to revive Ninian since the spell required so much that to perform such a nearly impossible act effectively killed him.

Are we sure that Bramimond professing their impending demise... isn't just their way of mirroring Athos? If Bramimond has become a reflection, it seems like they would survive in some form, so long as there are people to reflect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Are we sure that Bramimond professing their impending demise... isn't just their way of mirroring Athos? If Bramimond has become a reflection, it seems like they would survive in some form, so long as there are people to reflect.

Well Bramimond isn't around for FE6 so I presume they're dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also if bramimond still present he will question for what reason zephiel want to free idunn, since you need to use BB to do that, and BB is much more vital than his/her own apocalypse tome

also surely will reflect zephiel true behaviour while talking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 7:29 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Dedue is responsible for Dimitri's awful haircut. Kid Dimitri has these long hairs that make him look like a complete girl. Tired of having his lord snickered at for looking like a girl Dedue personally gave him a new haircut. He just wasn't good at it and accidentally made Dimitri's hair look like a mop, which people also snicker about. 

This is oddly the most adorable thing I've heard.

Most of my headcanons are very fanficy and involve fankids or OCs, and I have much more than these, but these are a few.

Laguz can technically shift from birth, it just usually takes them some time to learn to do it. They turn into an animal the same stage of development as them, so a cat toddler will become a kitten etc. Naesala and Leanne's kids were gifted children and learned to do it as babies. Leanne found two fluffy downy chicks in the crib and beckoned Naesala to come see and he beamed with pride.

Edelgard once screamed at Dimitri when they were living together as kids because she thought he shouldn't be allowed to have grilled cheese because she thought it was "girl cheese". He got her back the next day by asking her if she had a nap and then saying "well you need one" when she said she didn't. Lambert kept a shots fired scorecard, much to Patricia's chagrin.

The Agarthans and their allies in the palace were poisoning Ionius and that's why he looked so rough.

Glenn was a cool ringleader type big brother and his favorite thing to do was make up knight practice missions. Sometimes they were "yo bring me a chocolate milk and some fruit", other times Rodrigue had to put his foot down and discipline, like the time Glenn had his little buddies convinced that monsters were disguising themselves as the adults and Lambert got a bucket of water dumped on him because the monsters were weak to water. Another time he dared them to make Miklan sit on a baked potato. They did. It was chaos. Rodrigue said no right away to "stand in the street and moon the carriages". Sylvain would have done that without being told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorites was actually given to me by @Dragoncat. This is somewhat suppirted by canon but never confirmed. The idea is that Jeralt is the descendant of Nemesis, explaining his build, height, and lack of aging. It would also make Byleth the descendant of both the Goddess and the Goddess' Slayer, which I feel would add a but more depth to their character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

One of my favorites was actually given to me by @Dragoncat. This is somewhat suppirted by canon but never confirmed. The idea is that Jeralt is the descendant of Nemesis, explaining his build, height, and lack of aging. It would also make Byleth the descendant of both the Goddess and the Goddess' Slayer, which I feel would add a but more depth to their character.

Well, his lack of aging is probably because of the blood transfusion he got, but everything else works really well! Glad it's a favorite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

One of my favorites was actually given to me by @Dragoncat. This is somewhat suppirted by canon but never confirmed. The idea is that Jeralt is the descendant of Nemesis, explaining his build, height, and lack of aging. It would also make Byleth the descendant of both the Goddess and the Goddess' Slayer, which I feel would add a but more depth to their character.

It seems like this is what the game is trying to get you to believe, in part I. "Only one other person was known to have this Crest! And you have his sword, too! By the way, Crests are only known to travel through descent." The logical assumption, based on your limited knowledge at the time, is that the Professor is a descendant of Nemesis. Only in Silver Snow, is the far weirder truth fully laid out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It seems like this is what the game is trying to get you to believe, in part I. "Only one other person was known to have this Crest! And you have his sword, too! By the way, Crests are only known to travel through descent." The logical assumption, based on your limited knowledge at the time, is that the Professor is a descendant of Nemesis. Only in Silver Snow, is the far weirder truth fully laid out.

I mean, even with what's said in Silver Snow, it's a nice headcanon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

One of my favorites was actually given to me by @Dragoncat. This is somewhat suppirted by canon but never confirmed. The idea is that Jeralt is the descendant of Nemesis, explaining his build, height, and lack of aging. It would also make Byleth the descendant of both the Goddess and the Goddess' Slayer, which I feel would add a but more depth to their character.

Nemesis lived over a thousand one hundred years ago. If he had any children then half of everyone in Fodlan would be related to him (that's about the same time frame as Charlemagne who they say pretty much all of Europe is related to). If Jearlt was some kind of magical direct descendant, well then he'd probably have the Crest of Flames like all the other descendants of the 10 elites.

 

* Patricia was (or even still is) an Agarthan. Because why wouldn't they marry one of their own to the Adrestian Emperor as soon as they had him under their thumb?

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Are we sure that Bramimond professing their impending demise... isn't just their way of mirroring Athos? If Bramimond has become a reflection, it seems like they would survive in some form, so long as there are people to reflect.

and this is one of the many reasons why BlaBla's storyline is a disastrous atrocity that blows a hole in the tidy worldbuilding of elibe that BinBla had set up. did we NEED to question why this kind of crap just doesn't have any long term impact somehow? brammimond is clearly not around in BinBla at all, but that makes no sense with how they set them (brammimond was non-binary sort of?) up in BlaBla since your reasoning is sound and and correct. there was no reason for that. how does this game manage to have a storyline that at the same time has nothing effectively happen to the elibe timeline and yet all sorts of weird consequences to the worldbuilding? BAD, NAUGHTY WRITING. how people say any non-fates game has worse writing than this one is beyond me lol. (maybe 3H too since i haven't played it yet)

headcanon: the remainder of brammimond's soul lives in the apocalypse tome. its user explores it and finds themselves staring right back because brammimond is there. spookeh.

Edited by Axie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Axie said:

and this is one of the many reasons why BlaBla's storyline is a disastrous atrocity that blows a hole in the tidy worldbuilding of elibe that BinBla had set up. did we NEED to question why this kind of crap just doesn't have any long term impact somehow? brammimond is clearly not around in BinBla at all, but that makes no sense with how they set them (brammimond was non-binary sort of?) up in BlaBla since your reasoning is sound and and correct. there was no reason for that. how does this game manage to have a storyline that at the same time has nothing effectively happen to the elibe timeline and yet all sorts of weird consequences to the worldbuilding? BAD, NAUGHTY WRITING. how people say any non-fates game has worse writing than this one is beyond me lol. (maybe 3H too since i haven't played it yet)

headcanon: the remainder of brammimond's soul lives in the apocalypse tome. its user explores it and finds themselves staring right back because brammimond is there. spookeh.

IMO at least Fe7 kinda works if you've only played it. (While Awakening is a nonsensical mess even if you've never played a previous FE game,  I can already rant for hours about roughly the first 7 chapters in how frankly stupid everything and every character is, FE7 doesn't have half the sheer amount of stupidity present in the early game of Awakening, I'm half-convinced somehow the average IQ dropped drastically before Awakening because that's the only way anything in that game makes sense is if almost every character was canonically incredibly stupid, especially Emmeryn who is one of the worst characters in the series for how pretentious the writing in that game is about her.)

You get to see non-evil Zephiel and actually see his backstory for yourself instead of just being told about it.

I'm pretty sure Bramimond is still a living person, they're just a living person who's lost their sense of self, they still need to eat and sleep but whenever they talk to someone they reflect the personality of that person, they're a shell of a person rather than a purely magical reflection.

I'm pretty sure it's also easier to care about Hectors death and Llia/Sacae getting invaded since you actually know about these things/Hector since Hector barely gets any dialogue in FE6.

I also feel that Zephiel is even more hateable and the consequences of a full-scale war on Elibe is felt more when it's implied how a large amount of FE7's cast dies due to it, as opposed to a war where mostly a bunch of generics die and a few characters who we aren't attached to, having actual characters ( even if only implied) from a previous game die makes the war feel significantly more big and impactful I feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Maof06 said:

That Valter let Ephraim escape to "play" with him later

That's canon actually. It's confirmed in Valter's chapter 15 conversation with Ephraim. 

Valter: Hello again, Ephraim. I let you flee once, but this time, there's no escape.
Ephraim: Escape? I'm not going anywhere. I came here for you. I came to defeat you.

Valter gets driven crazy by Duessel's cursed lance. Valter later rejoins Grado on possessed Lyon's command and just tries to prolong the war as much as possible due to his madness. Valter is the biggest hindrance and traitor to Grado. Demon King doesn't care at all, probably because in Demon king's mind, he has to kill all those humans after he resurrects so might as well let the humans kill each other as much as possible.

Valter's most noteworthy acts of sabotage:

1. Let Seth and Eirika escape in prologue. There's no way Seth could have outran Valter and his wyvern knights. Seth got caught up by 3 foot soldiers. Then Seth/Eirika makes a pitstop to conquer a fortress while Valter is chilling somewhere.
2. Let Ephraim escape in chapter 5x. This is proven by the conversation above.
3. Valter forges the emperor's edict (serious crime btw) on chapter 10 to send Selena away so Duessel doesn't die. This also allows Ephraim to recruit Duessel.
Direct quote on chapter 10: Valter“Heh heh… Stupid woman. If Grado wins too easily, there’ll be no more bloodshed. We must do what we can to extend the fun…
4. Valter flies to Carcino after this, kills Glen and stops chasing Eirika and Innes, almost allowing them get to Jehanna hall in time to save Ismaire.
5. Caellach takes a massive part of Grado's forces to conquer Jehanna Hall. Valter also takes a massive part of Grado's army as well for... some reason. This leaves Grado Keep barely defended and Ephraim easily storms Grado keep. Then Valter refuses Riev's help in the opening cutscene of chapter 15 and gets pwned in chapter 15.

TLDR: Valter is the mvp of Sacred Stones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Nemesis lived over a thousand one hundred years ago. If he had any children then half of everyone in Fodlan would be related to him (that's about the same time frame as Charlemagne who they say pretty much all of Europe is related to). If Jearlt was some kind of magical direct descendant, well then he'd probably have the Crest of Flames like all the other descendants of the 10 elites.

Erm, it doesn't quite work like that. Ingrid, for instance, says that she was alone among her siblings in having the Crest of Daphnel - even though they were all descended from her (him? I don't remember). Similarly, Annette bears the Crest of Dominic, through her father, Gilbert (who doesn't have it).

It's conceivable that Nemesis would have had children, but that either a) they went into hiding, fearing persecution from the church, or b) the Crest of Flames rarely manifested in them. I'm not saying this did happen, but the notion that "Byleth has the Crest of Flames as a long-lost descendant of Nemesis" is at least tenable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Erm, it doesn't quite work like that. Ingrid, for instance, says that she was alone among her siblings in having the Crest of Daphnel - even though they were all descended from her (him? I don't remember). Similarly, Annette bears the Crest of Dominic, through her father, Gilbert (who doesn't have it).

It's conceivable that Nemesis would have had children, but that either a) they went into hiding, fearing persecution from the church, or b) the Crest of Flames rarely manifested in them. I'm not saying this did happen, but the notion that "Byleth has the Crest of Flames as a long-lost descendant of Nemesis" is at least tenable.

My point is if that it's not a magically inclined direct lineage then it's basically meaningless, as Nemesis was born so long ago to the extent that if he did have any children, then his number of descendants would number upwards in the millions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jotari said:

My point is if that it's not a magically inclined direct lineage then it's basically meaningless, as Nemesis was born so long ago to the extent that if he did have any children, then his number of descendants would number upwards in the millions.

I would say Nemesis has to potential to be "magically inclined direct lineage" same as any of the other Elites who've had their crests passed down through houses. Honestly, it is awful convenient that every student that we utilize in the officer's accademy just happens to have an Elite/Saint that their crests correlates too, (I think). Also, you are forgeting Hapsburgs are a thing. Maybe the reason the Agarthand went from chads like nemesis to ugly boys like Solon has a little something to do with Inbreeding? (Possibly another headcanon there.) I'm not saying its for sure, but I like the idea. I also feel it makes the story a little more thematically interesting. Yes, you are a "reincarnation" of Sothis, but you are also have the blood of the King of Liberation running through your veins. I feel it gives more credence to the ending where you defeat Seiros. You are embracing the other half of your bloodline and proving Humantiy can live without the Gods. At least, that's the way I liked to see it. How you interperate it is up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

I would say Nemesis has to potential to be "magically inclined direct lineage" same as any of the other Elites who've had their crests passed down through houses. Honestly, it is awful convenient that every student that we utilize in the officer's accademy just happens to have an Elite/Saint that their crests correlates too, (I think). Also, you are forgeting Hapsburgs are a thing. Maybe the reason the Agarthand went from chads like nemesis to ugly boys like Solon has a little something to do with Inbreeding? (Possibly another headcanon there.) I'm not saying its for sure, but I like the idea. I also feel it makes the story a little more thematically interesting. Yes, you are a "reincarnation" of Sothis, but you are also have the blood of the King of Liberation running through your veins. I feel it gives more credence to the ending where you defeat Seiros. You are embracing the other half of your bloodline and proving Humantiy can live without the Gods. At least, that's the way I liked to see it. How you interperate it is up to you.

Well if they want to give that thematic core than have Jearlt have the Crest of Flames too. Because without it being involved somehow there, Byleth simply doesn't have any connection to Nemesis. At least no more than any random person in Fodlan is likely to. Not unless Jearlt is closer to 900 years old than 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well if they want to give that thematic core than have Jearlt have the Crest of Flames too. Because without it being involved somehow there, Byleth simply doesn't have any connection to Nemesis. At least no more than any random person in Fodlan is likely to. Not unless Jearlt is closer to 900 years old than 100.

That's why this is about headcanons. I'll concede that it doesnt work perfectly with the games. I more just like the concept and it gives the player more of a reason to participate in Crimson Flower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

That's why this is about headcanons. I'll concede that it doesnt work perfectly with the games. I more just like the concept and it gives the player more of a reason to participate in Crimson Flower. 

But it's not really about headcanon. Byleth being a descendent of Nemesis isn't an issue at all. It's about applying any metric of meaning to that given the reality of the logarithmic nature of genetics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headcanon: There are three possible endings for Mark, the tactician in Fire Emblem 7 Blazing Blade.

Mark - Superb Mind (Tactician Rank A or S)
    "A tactician whose brilliance changed the course of history. Bern and Etruria so desired this skilled mind that they went to war."

Mark - Famed Genius (Tactician Rank B or C)
    "The tactician vanished after the battle. Bern, Lycia, and Etruria all sought those famed skills, but none ever found the tactician."

Mark - Suspect Mind (Tactician Rank D or Lower)
    "To this day, historians look back and question how these incomprehensible strategies ever led to victory."
 

The reason we don't see Mark again in Fire Emblem 6 is because he was a "Suspect Mind". Mark gets everyone except Eliwood, Hector, and Lyndis killed through his bad strats. That's why we don't see any of those characters either in FE6.

Mark follows Lyndis back to the Sacae plains at the end of Fire Emblem 7. When Bern invades Sacae in FE6, Mark gets Lyndis killed as well through bad strats. BAD END

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Shiida in Shadow Dragon can one-round-overkill Armour Knights five times over, I like to imagine that in chapter 8, she bloodily murders three of them in a span of seconds before she turns to the last remaining one wearing her sweetest smile, Wing Spear still red with blood, and gives him her infamous "Do you believe in love?" act.

Might be slightly inspired by that Dark Dragon screenshot LP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 8:43 AM, henrymidfields said:

Headcanons for Binding Blade:

  • Roy being oblivious to love for the rest of the girls besides Lilina is deliberate on his part. He and Lilina always wanted to stay together, and promised to marry each other, and both take this promise and honour seriously

Roy is also oblivious to Lilina's feelings in game.

Talking about this, one of my headcanons is if Roy marries Larum, he was drunk with too much wine to try to cure his depression, or high because he took Niime or Ellen herbs, and late when he gets sober can't undo the marriage out of guilty and honor a la book version of Robb Stark, so he is trapped forever with Larum due to his dumbness.  

I have a similar headcanon with Ike-Aimee to explain Paris existence, a drunk night stand, but Ike has the courage to ditch her. Unfortunately he has to move on to another continent to get free of her. Also Ike is gay but Aimee don't get. 

On 12/8/2020 at 2:23 AM, Use the Falchion said:

Chrom's father was a blond and his mother was the blue-nette. 

I have this exact headcanon for Marth's parents. Liza had blue hair and Cornelius was blonde or whatever other hair colour. She passed the blue hair characteristic of the family. Liza is also a descendant  of Sigurd/Seliph that married into Archanea family. 

On 12/2/2020 at 6:32 PM, Samz707 said:

Hector's wife died due to an accidental "Critical hit" while they were together one night.

I used to headcanon that Hector's wife, whoever she is, died fighting alongside him in his last battle against the wyverns in the conference. But I laughed imagining the situation, this is now my headcanon too. 

Edited by Mylady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mylady said:

I have a similar headcanon with Ike-Aimee to explain Paris existence, a drunk night stand, but Ike has the courage to ditch her. Unfortunately he has to move on to another continent to get free of her. 

And then he finds the Archanean Aimee/Larabel, promptly going crazy because he thinks she followed after him.

Or plot twist, while he found the Tellian Aimee obnoxious... he ends up ending on friendly terms with the Archanean one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mylady said:

Roy is also oblivious to Lilina's feelings in game.

their A support is anything but that. cant be more obvious they know each other feeling (it will be another cringe love confession like many S support if it did more than that)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...