GameXplain and Nintendo World Report TV Review of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light

King Marth 64

I did saw GameXplain and Nintendo World Report TV that they did made a Review for Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light on the Nintendo Switch. The result for GameXplain that Meghan Sullivan did posted a result of "Liked it" and the result for Nintendo World Report TV that Jordon Rudek did posted a result of a 5. I did liked how Meghan Sullivan handled the review pretty well, I am still have some thoughts about Jordon Rudek's part that I am not sure of. Also, I did managed to take a look to see of more official localized scripts for Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light that they posted footages of, GameXplain side had way more script showing than Nintendo World Report TV shown.

P.S.: By the way, I did took a look at GameXplain video that they showed the footages that they played and did runned into Aimee. The translation for Aimee is still got her labled as Larabel like in Shadow Dragon.

GameXplain Video:

Nintendo World Report TV:

The Gamexplain review kind of offends me by not using music from the game itself. And neither review mentions the lack of battle forecast and how the player is supposed run their own calculations despite missing information like how much each weapon weighs or what the AS formula is without looking it up online. Maybe they don't know what a "battle forecast" is even called, but it's still a bigger deal than saying the game's inacessible due to its difficulty or slow animations, which are just your opinion. And this nerd in the NWR report is like "the DS remake will more than suffice". Play it on what? Your wii U? Pay 10 times the money for a secondhand physical copy? 

Edited by Glennstavos

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

neither review mentions the lack of battle forecast and how the player is supposed run their own calculations despite missing information like how much each weapon weighs or what the AS formula is without looking it up online. Maybe they don't know what a "battle forecast" is even called, but it's still a bigger deal than saying the game's inacessible due to its difficulty or slow animations, which are just your opinion.

I want to hope that the absence of these criticisms, doesn't mean that said reviewers don't pay attention to that stuff when they play other FEs. That'd be... 🤨.