I still suck at geography...

ping

map.png.e4d0a78eb52453ea60704ce4b082b7c2.png
(white = 1st try; yellow = 2nd or 3rd try; red = 3x wrong)

score.png.706a9ba542aba2fbcad34952d4e2c089.png

...but I'm getting a bit better. The occasional "errrr... African west coast, but no idea which country" still gets to me, and all those bloody islands in the Lesser Antilles and in Oceania still kick my butt, though. I'm also ashamed to admit that I fell for the Slovenia-Slovakia trap and that I clicked Indonesia when I read "Malaysia", but I swear that Iraq was just a missclick. And why the hell was I convinced that Bolivia was one of the three northernmost countries of South America? -.-

Still, I climbed from "embarassingly bad" to "kinda bad" and at the very least I usually get Europe 100% correct, silly mistakes aside.

https://online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3199  <-- if you dare try. My first attempt was not pretty.

My guesses:

America:

• red: Bolivia
  • red: French Guyana
  • yellow: Costa Rica

Africa:

• green: West Sahara
  • yellow: Guinea Bissau
  • red: Ghana
  • red: Reuplic of Kongo
  • yellow: I don't know how it's called in English (Central African...)
  • yellow: Simbabwe

Europe

• Slovakia

Asia:

• yellow: Iraq
  • yellow: Uzbekistan
  • yellow: Malaysia
  • green: Taiwan
Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

Not bad! In case you missed the link in the OP, you can try the entire thing here instead of correcting my mistakes if you have 15 minutes or so to spare.

Spoiler
24 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

America:

• red: Bolivia yep!
  • red: French Guyana no, Guyana is to the West (and the territory to the east still belongs to France) That one is Suriname.
  • yellow: Costa Rica Honduras. Costa Rica is two to the South.

Africa:

• green: West Sahara I don't think this belongs to any country? At least I was never asked to click it.
  • yellow: Guinea Bissau yep!
  • red: Ghana yep!
  • red: Reuplic of Kongo It's Gabon - the Republic of Kongo is the one to the South and East. And the Democratic Republic of Kongo is east of that one.
  • yellow: I don't know how it's called in English (Central African...) Central African Republic. Yeah.
  • yellow: Simbabwe ...is the one SE of Zambia.

Europe and Asia are all correct. You can probably do better than me, depending on how the Lesser Antilles and Oceania treat you.

56 minutes ago, ping said:

map.png.e4d0a78eb52453ea60704ce4b082b7c2.png
(white = 1st try; yellow = 2nd or 3rd try; red = 3x wrong)

score.png.706a9ba542aba2fbcad34952d4e2c089.png

...but I'm getting a bit better. The occasional "errrr... African west coast, but no idea which country" still gets to me, and all those bloody islands in the Lesser Antilles and in Oceania still kick my butt, though. I'm also ashamed to admit that I fell for the Slovenia-Slovakia trap and that I clicked Indonesia when I read "Malaysia", but I swear that Iraq was just a missclick. And why the hell was I convinced that Bolivia was one of the three northernmost countries of South America? -.-

Still, I climbed from "embarassingly bad" to "kinda bad" and at the very least I usually get Europe 100% correct, silly mistakes aside.

https://online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3199  <-- if you dare try. My first attempt was not pretty.

hmm interesting games you play there, but its basically just click the dot

i recommend something thats not only about geographic, but also pleasing to the eye:

https://www.geoguessr.com/

EDIT: yikes, 3 years ago, its completely free with no limit to play at all.. 2020 really sucks

EDIT2: but really, its more fun imo since you guess what you see based on google streetview, you can play with someone too. until they charge you for free image ofc..

Edited by joevar

Wow, I missed the coloured islands in the OP, lol.

Glad that I've ordered glasses yesterday.

Anyways it's a bit sad that my skills have become a bit rusty. 

Mixing the small African countries is ok, but not identifying Suriname and Honduras is kinda bad.

Though I never have been good with the Caribbean Islands, even at my best times.

I did a round: 68%

I have to admit I clicked a few times not on the state I wanted because it's kinda hard to click the right one, if there some small stats next to each other. It was the main issue for East Europe (Serbia, Montenegro etc.).

I was perfect in South America, nearly perfect in Asia, but pretty terrible in mid-south Africa and the Oceania.

I had a few instant right guesses for the Carribean Islands though.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

23:00 minutes and 66%. Not bad, though I felt like I was rushing a few times and made stupid choices, I confused Slovakia and Slovenia for instance. The Caribbean and Oceania were my biggest weaknesses.

And the sad thing, is the most basic of geography, real masters of the subject delve into major rivers, rainfall, mountain ranges, plains, climates, and then you toss in the human factors. Fun subject of study that embodies the idea of "social science", but not as easy as it looks.