If you had the chance to remake FE4 what would you add or want to see?

On 1/11/2021 at 4:02 AM, Stones said:

Also you can choose how much money you are giving, although you could grind up your thief by having them give 1G every turn.

just have the give command not give exp anymore in this case! not like anyone was using it to grind as it is anyway.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Axie said:

just have the give command not give exp anymore in this case! not like anyone was using it to grind as it is anyway.

I don't think it's that big a deal. It's only 10 exp a turn but it's like the Thief version of staff exp so I think it should be kept.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, Axie said:

- holy weapons should be usable by minor blood characters, with reduced might and stat bonuses. those bonuses should be nerfed anyway, specially the book of naga. it could kill an enemy by itself, and that's kind of fucked up lol. also they shouldn't ever be inherited, if that mechanic were to stay. forseti in chapter 6 is Too Much.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, Axie said:

add modern weapon ranks. holy blood could instead work like prowess/faire skills from 3H, while also adding a weapon rank head start for the character.

These can actually work well together. Like, say Arthur is Lewyn's son, and joins with Forseti. A Mage would normally start with E in all Anima types. But Arthur has minor Tordo and major Sety blood - so his ranks are E Fire, D Thunder, and C Wind. With training, he can reach A Fire (Bolganone), S Thunder (Mjolnir with halved stat boosts), and SS Wind (full-blooded Forseti). This way, Arthur could have Forseti in chapter 6, but not be able to use it until he's trained his Wind rank up.

On 12/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Speaking of Three Houses, I feel like Hilda (FE4)'s name should be changed.

Maybe to Hildegard? That's the name of a medieval saint. Which would be rather ironic.

Supports are definitely necessary to hone the development of the characters relationships and is definitely better than the love system Genealogy already have. The option to trade would be quite welcome, as it makes sense that they would exchange weapons between allied forces for the sake of efficiency, as gift or alike. Assigning some characters as siblings even if they aren't of the same family would be interesting, as their relationships shows good brotherhood, just like Azel and Lex, Noish and Alec, maybe even Oifey and Shannan if they're given the proper development, I mean, these two must have gone through a lot of **** together. More playable characters, like Tailtyu's unmentioned sister who gives birth to Amid and Linda.

I'd totally give the characters a better base, maybe a base of 320 for all the first generation characters and 360 for the second generation, and to fix the unbalance caused by the Holy Blood, the inheritors of any lineage would have to get more experience to level up, +100 for each Major Blood and +50 for each Minor Blood, I know this might delay some low level holy blooded characters, but their level ups will pay for the player's efforts.

Balance classes, enemies and weapons better, so that you don't have to be sword or wind locked in order to make use of your speed, which also requires making pursuit baseline. Branched promotions would add diversity to the gameplay, along with all promoted infantry classes having 7 movement, mages would have 6 when umpromoted too. The capacity to dismount and take off  your heavy armor, which still needs a better name than "unarmor."

So many things, I won't remember everything now.

@Espurrhoodie said she had a dream where a FE4 remake had a love potion item to increase love points, among other things, but this item would make the most sense. It doesn't even have to be a potion, or one item. Like, if Arya likes potatoes but hates apples, and you want to pair her with Lex, have him give her a potato. Food, flowers, and little gift items. Like real courtship or the gift system in 3H.

Definitely change Hilda's name.

Allow Saias to talk to his father. Arvis kinda needs to know he's got one son that turned out alright.

Edited by Dragoncat

7 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

@Espurrhoodie said she had a dream where a FE4 remake had a love potion item to increase love points, among other things, but this item would make the most sense. It doesn't even have to be a potion, or one item. Like, if Arya likes potatoes but hates apples, and you want to pair her with Lex, have him give her a potato. Food, flowers, and little gift items. Like real courtship or the gift system in 3H.

Allow Saias to talk to his father. Arvis kinda needs to know he's got one son that turned out alright.

This. All of this sounds amazing.

Also if they are going to go the Awakening/Fates route when it comes to children inheriting their parents hair color, make it an option or give us some sort of item like hair dye to allow us to have their canonical hair color.

why change hilda's name? repeat names are just our reality now, unless they also change arthur's name.

6 hours ago, Axie said:

why change hilda's name? repeat names are just our reality now, unless they also change arthur's name.

Tobin was Robin originally, and they changed that. Tomas in New Mystery wasn't localized. It will probably happen.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, Dragoncat said:

i honestly don't really get why you guys are so concerned about that

i mean it's not like they felt like changing FE4 Claude's name simply because FE16 has another Claude
same goes for FE4 Arthur and FE14 Arthur (Harold)

tbh this looks like the lesser of all problems to me

2 hours ago, Yexin said:

i honestly don't really get why you guys are so concerned about that

i mean it's not like they felt like changing FE4 Claude's name simply because FE16 has another Claude
same goes for FE4 Arthur and FE14 Arthur (Harold)

tbh this looks like the lesser of all problems to me

FE4 is spelled Claud, but yeah.

44 minutes ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

Claud is how his name(FE4) is spelt 

Just now, Dragoncat said:

FE4 is spelled Claud, but yeah.

i was referring to their japanese names

as for the 2 Arthurs, FEH already soft-confirmed they will share the same name, although FE14's Arthur is called like that only in the west and i still can't understand why they felt like it was necessary to change his name

53 minutes ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

For Hilda(FE4) change her name to Helga

Arthur(FE4) change his name to Artu

oh i get it lmao, it's supposed to be some sort of meme, right?

1 hour ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

For Hilda(FE4) change her name to Helga

Arthur(FE4) change his name to Artu

Okay Helga is PERFECT.

Maybe FE4 Arthur...Art? Or Artu yeah.

Didn't Awakening kept it as Arthur?

There's also Sacred Stones' Artur.

If it was up to me, I'd just keep the name the same.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Tobin was Robin originally, and they changed that. Tomas in New Mystery wasn't localized. It will probably happen.

Tomas the Archer existed in Shadow Dragon, though. They made Tomas the librarian in Three Houses, knowing that. Weirdly enough, we haven't yet gotten a "Thomas" or "Tom", though.

32 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Okay Helga is PERFECT.

Maybe FE4 Arthur...Art? Or Artu yeah.

Sticking to my guns on making Evil Hilda into "Hildegard", after the medeival saint. Anyway...

For Arthur, how about Ashur? It's the name of a Mesopotamian god, which matches well with his cousin, Ishtar.

On 1/14/2021 at 9:49 AM, Heitorinn said:

The capacity to dismount and take off  your heavy armor, which still needs a better name than "unarmor."

Maybe "disarmor"?

22 hours ago, _radio_host_ said:

Also if they are going to go the Awakening/Fates route when it comes to children inheriting their parents hair color, make it an option or give us some sort of item like hair dye to allow us to have their canonical hair color.

Add a Salon to the home castle in Gen II, where child units can swap between hair colors. The armies of Freege are upon us? Sorry, but our prince is at a standstill, choosing between blue and white hair.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:45 AM, Yexin said:

like, seriously? allowing minor holy blood characters to use their respective holy weapon? that would basically ruin a pretty big part of Leif's character
heck, it would even ruin some of Genealogy's major plot points: like why would the Loptyrians even need to have a major Loptyr holy blood bearer if either Deirdre or Arvis would be able to wield Loptyr's Tome? why doesn't Oifey wield Tyrfing instead of Seliph? he surely is a more experienced and much better-trained soldier anyway

I actually wouldn't put that past IS. There is precedence for them downplaying the lore to serve gameplay interests. 

Three Houses makes it very clear that Crests are incredibly special and that wielding a divine weapon without a crest turns you into a monster. However crests often give only the most minor of buffs to the units that have them and units without a crest can wield divine weapons just fine. 

Genealogy taking its lore very seriously and having it take preference over gameplay balance is something I really like, but I don't expect this approach will be used in the future again. 

On 1/8/2021 at 12:19 AM, Tetragrammaton said:

Oh please stop inputting LGBT everywhere.

In that era, they would be burnt even before doing anything.

I doubt it. In Fodlan bisexuality seems to exists without any real issue, and while its very rare the likes of Tharja, the usual bandit duo, and Heather are hardly burned at the stake for their interest in the same gender. Heather can even gush about her crush on the queen with the only consequences being an awkward silence. 

There are arguments you can make against LGBT stuff in Genealogy such as the heavy focus on breeding super children, but the argument that the Fire Emblem world are hostile to LGBTQ people isn't really an argument that holds up anymore. Even in the Kaga era Dagda was somewhat implied to be gay.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:12 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

There's also Sacred Stones' Artur.

which people for some reason act like it's a whole different name but it's pronounced basically the same

3H also has a lorenz when localisation SD has a lorenz. we have repeated names! just deal

Edited by Axie

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I actually wouldn't put that past IS. There is precedence for them downplaying the lore to serve gameplay interests. 

Three Houses makes it very clear that Crests are incredibly special and that wielding a divine weapon without a crest turns you into a monster. However crests often give only the most minor of buffs to the units that have them and units without a crest can wield divine weapons just fine. 

Genealogy taking its lore very seriously and having it take preference over gameplay balance is something I really like, but I don't expect this approach will be used in the future again. 

mmmh, i get what you're saying, and you're quite right

but then allow me to ask, why should they make one of 3H's biggest flaws (lore-wise) Genealogy's as well? just for pure gameplay? would that really be worth it?

what i'm trying to say is, why should they ruin this crucial aspect of Genealogy, when they already did it great back in the 90's, simply because 3H had it as well, except executed very poorly?

i could also argue that Alm is the only one who can use the Royal Sword thanks to his crest, but it's not like any other could use it, except not at full power

Edited by Yexin

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party, but let's see what people got. I've recently been replaying FE4 and tbh, it's not as big of a slog as I remember. Maybe it's because I know what I'm doing this time and know how to move at an efficient pace. 

On 1/7/2021 at 3:19 PM, Tetragrammaton said:

Oh please stop inputting LGBT everywhere.

In that era, they would be burnt even before doing anything.

What do you mean? Jugdral has no instance of homophobia in it IIRC. And honestly, is it that big of a deal? Personally, I wouldn't make anyone in the First Gen gay, but in the second gen? Who cares. Who they end up with isn't that important since most of them have set endings regardless if they have a lover or not. Even some girls like Tinni and Julia don't necessarily follow their lovers home because they have their own stations and responsibilities. Having 1 pair of gay lovers wouldn't change their endings that much either. Would Dermott and Ulster's characters change that much if they're gay/bisexual? Nope. The only thing it does is make some fans feel more included and pair up a couple of dudes who most likely wouldn't be paired up anyway because the M to F ratio is 15:9, and one of the ladies is in love with her foster brother and is off the market.

If your reasoning for not wanting LGBT characters is because medieval era Europe was homophobic, I'd say that's a weak reason. This is a fictional game, and the rise of homophobia corresponds heavily with the rise of Christianity. Christianity is a not a religion in Jugdral.

On 1/8/2021 at 1:45 AM, Yexin said:

Premise: in this comment i'll be referring to a generic "you", i don't intend to offend anyone nor dismiss anyone's opinion, we all have ours... but i honestly think some are going a bit too far, to the point of wanting Genealogy's remake to change the game so much it wouldn't even be a Genealogy remake
like entering a pub at night and expecting to be served with a glass of hot milk instead of an alcoholic drink

TBH, the more i read posts in this thread, the more i can't help but wonder how many of those who posted here have actually played Genealogy (except those who specifically said they haven't) and grasped even the smallest amount of lore and gameplay mechanics and balance

like, seriously? allowing minor holy blood characters to use their respective holy weapon? that would basically ruin a pretty big part of Leif's character
heck, it would even ruin some of Genealogy's major plot points: like why would the Loptyrians even need to have a major Loptyr holy blood bearer if either Deirdre or Arvis would be able to wield Loptyr's Tome? why doesn't Oifey wield Tyrfing instead of Seliph? he surely is a more experienced and much better-trained soldier anyway

100% free trading in Genealogy would make the game even more broken than it already (apparently) is, especially if combined with the "minor holy blood units can wield holy weapons as well" thing: the game's full of items which passively grant very big stat boosts, and weapons with unique effects (flame sword, horse slayer and so on), and being able to give them to whoever you want, without any kind of limitation, would be simply absurd
that's why the game indirectly suggests you to obtain those items with the unit you think REALLY needs it
also i could argue that non-free trading allows Genealogy to let players experiment with new builds for every character, without relying on the "grind for skills and stats" systems

about the "personal money" thing, i agree that players should be allowed to decide exactly how much money they want to give, but that's it

lastly, splitting chapters IMO wouldn't really make sense: the 1996 game already allows you to save at the beginning of every turn (a thing i'm pretty confident they'll extend to "whenever you want" in a remake), and also nobody forces you to clear a whole chapter in a single gaming session anyway, so really what is this argument even

like, i get you can really dislike Genealogy because it's so different from other FE games, that's perfectly understandable, but at this point... why are you even here? why not posting in a "FE17 Expectations" thread?
as i said, if you dislike Genealogy so much you want it to be a completely different game, then what's the point in remaking it in the first place? what impressions would that kind of remake leave in a new player? "oh yeah it's 3H except Edelgard is male with long red hair and there's no Monastery"
also, for every person who dislikes it for some reasons, it's highly likely there's another one who loves it for the same exact reasons

The degree of how much change an FE4 remake has always been back and forth for me. As of now, I am in very much agreement with you. Me two years ago wanted it to be a more standard FE, with about 35-40 chapters with "normal" map design. Now, I would like it to be the same as the original. The huge map sizes, the way the story is told as gameplay unfolds, the formations, is all what makes FE4 really unique among FEs. And tbh, sometimes I think people claim the game is way slower than it actually is. Especially Gen 2 where the enemy throws front after front at you. The only things I would change would be some of the geography. Chapter 2 comes to mind, and I wish there was a section where there was no cliffs on the eastern side of the map. That way, you can have your army flank Mackily Castle and its solders with a battalion coming from the South and a battalion from the West. I don't expect a high budget remake for this game since it's going to be a hard sell. It'll probably be like Echoes, which was a side project with a much more modest sales expectation.

I would also give Infantry units one more additional movement upon promotion, but keep mounted units the same. The only exceptions being the characters that start as infantry and class change into mounted units.

I would also consider merging 2 classes (Arch Knight and Ranger) since being locked to one weapon type after promotion is kinda meh for me. Plus, they're combined in almost every other FE game and I just want Midir, Lester, and Dimna a close range option. Also, adding in a Shining Bow would be nice if you decided to pair Aideen with Azel.

I also agree that free trading is game breaking and completely invalidates the personal wallet system. I feel like free trading should only be done by characters with a reason to, if they're siblings, parent/child, and/or lovers. It makes sense for a pair of lovers to trade freely, but not two strangers. For example, it doesn't make sense for Phee to trade freely with Asaello right when you get him in Chapter 8. She doesn't know him.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:20 AM, henrymidfields said:

Some QoL stuff should definitely be in order:

• Trading should be done like any other FE. If any weapon become overpowered as a result, then either nerf it accordingly or put a limit to who can wield it. Don't put arbitrary limitations on logistics involving supplies or financial transactions that aren't considered standard FE features. It doesn't make sense that you can't just physically walk up to your comrade and trade stuff with them. (One case which I can maybe buy the justification is if this had been discouraged/forbidden historically by doctrine or regulations...) Maybe as a compromise, allow a personal convoy vs a castle/barracks convoy, where you can only have 20-30 items for the former vs 200-300 for the latter.
  • Incorporate Fates-style Pair Ups or Rescue to allow for speedy transport of infantry units, or maybe don't have such move differences between cavalry and infantry in the first place. Maybe even differentiate Rescue vs Pair Up (the former protects the back unit from all enemy attacks, but the latter gives bonuses instead of penalties).

As for the gameplay involving worldbuilding/storytelling:

• The maps probably should stay as they are - this is an epic war story and the chapters should be treated as such. As a compromise, at least lower-level difficulties should incorporate minor and major checkpoints throughout the chapters where you can freely do the following:
    • Minor Checkpoints
      • Save the game
      • Access the convoy
      • Trade between units
      • Basic purchases from stores or visiting merchants
      • Basic weapon forging
      • Support conversations
    • Major checkpoints allows the following in addition to whats allowed in minor checkpoints
      • Bigger range of purchases and forging available from stores or merchants
      • Barracks training for bonus weapon skills or experience points
      • Accept side quests
  • Because of the huge scale of the chapters and maps, have the units lead batallions like in 3H.

Finally, for the minority of people who plays FE to some extent who wants to play the original, either release the original game on the VC or provide an option to play the game in Classic Mode. Because let's face it, how many of us did play stuff pre-Awakening? And how much have gaming been streamlined since FE4 or even Awakening? And we (particularly purists) from Serenes Forest are how many people out of everyone who play FE, based on sales of copies? I can bet you, the number to the former would probably be tens of thousands at best, while the latter would definitely be at the very least a million, if not more. Also, the arbitrary trading method is listed up as a Scrappy Mechanic in the other wiki - you be the judge.

I don't consider them arbitrary. Your army is led by individuals with their own agendas. Nearly every person has their reason for joining Seliph's army, and it's mainly due to heading in a similar direction. However, not everyone is friends with everyone nor should they be. Historically, some battalions didn't want to share their spoils with other members of the army because they felt like they earned it more than other divisions. This was common in ancient armies because it gave the weaker battalions incentive to do better. Gameplay-wise, the money system forces you to pay attention to everyone's inventory and what they need and if they can afford it. It also gives purpose to your thief, who's designed around giving money to units who have a hard time generating it on their own.

I do like the majority of your ideas, including a rescue/pair up system. Might I also suggest the battalion system from Three Houses? FE4's army is largely implied to be a much bigger scale than the game can provide.

I'm also for just releasing it on VC. Although nice, shiny new graphics would be lovely, an official translation and a cleaner UI on the Switch would be enough for me. If they can do it for FE1, which is just visually hard to sit through for me, then they can definitely do it for FE4.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:05 AM, darkblade2814 said:

a playable Arion, Serra and Sailas (with gae bolg and valflame)

I'm ok with Arion being playable, even if it was the last chapter. I just want to use the Gungnir at least once.

As for the others, it would be a little tough to give them a niche in your army. FE4 has very little unit overlap and they'll be directly competing with other characters. Sara would fulfill a role too similar to Julia, and I believe she's meant to be a more unique character. I do believe Saias has a place though. Although there's already 2 other High Priests, Saias would be more offense-focused while the other 2 are just great staffbots.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I also agree that free trading is game breaking and completely invalidates the personal wallet system. I feel like free trading should only be done by characters with a reason to, if they're siblings, parent/child, and/or lovers. It makes sense for a pair of lovers to trade freely, but not two strangers. For example, it doesn't make sense for Phee to trade freely with Asaello right when you get him in Chapter 8. She doesn't know him.

I don't consider them arbitrary. Your army is led by individuals with their own agendas. Nearly every person has their reason for joining Seliph's army, and it's mainly due to heading in a similar direction. However, not everyone is friends with everyone nor should they be. Historically, some battalions didn't want to share their spoils with other members of the army because they felt like they earned it more than other divisions. This was common in ancient armies because it gave the weaker battalions incentive to do better. Gameplay-wise, the money system forces you to pay attention to everyone's inventory and what they need and if they can afford it. It also gives purpose to your thief, who's designed around giving money to units who have a hard time generating it on their own.

I do like the majority of your ideas, including a rescue/pair up system. Might I also suggest the battalion system from Three Houses? FE4's army is largely implied to be a much bigger scale than the game can provide.

I'm also for just releasing it on VC. Although nice, shiny new graphics would be lovely, an official translation and a cleaner UI on the Switch would be enough for me. If they can do it for FE1, which is just visually hard to sit through for me, then they can definitely do it for FE4.

Right! Thanks for bringing this up, that is a good point you raised. 💡‼️ Do you mind pointing out a few examples from history to me? Would it be something like UK, US, and France during World War I/II? Or are we talking about different allied legions in Ancient Rome?

I still don't know if I still want this restriction from a gameplay feature, though - well, at least not sure about 1 to 1. I mean, even with the justification, I still think the restrictions on trading is still drastic compared to other games, and it bring a question on why family members, or people in the same faction within your army can't trade. Perhaps, as you said, maybe allow some form of trade between same factions (say, fellow countrymen) of your army, such as both item and money between family members, or only money between two units that are from the same country/faction. Alternately, maybe lift the restrictions on trading depending on support level (maybe money to a limit on B, money and an item on A, and unrestricted on A+/S) regardless of romance, or the lack of.

Glad you agree with the rescue, Pair-Ups, and I totally agree with the battalions for FE4-Remake. And now that you mentioned it, I think I remember reading somewhere that each unit in the original FE4 were implied to be battalions.... How would you go in implementing the battalion system? Same as 3H (with the obvious exception of names etc), or would we tweak some stuff in the system?

Edited by henrymidfields

4 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

Right! Thanks for bringing this up, that is a good point you raised. 💡‼️ Do you mind pointing out a few examples from history to me? Would it be something like UK, US, and France during World War I/II? Or are we talking about different allied legions in Ancient Rome?

I still don't know if I still want this restriction from a gameplay feature, though - well, at least not sure about 1 to 1. I mean, even with the justification, I still think the restrictions on trading is still drastic compared to other games, and it bring a question on why family members, or people in the same faction within your army can't trade. Perhaps, as you said, maybe allow some form of trade between same factions (say, fellow countrymen) of your army, such as both item and money between family members, or only money between two units that are from the same country/faction. Alternately, maybe lift the restrictions on trading depending on support level (maybe money to a limit on B, money and an item on A, and unrestricted on A+/S) regardless of romance, or the lack of.

Glad you agree with the rescue, Pair-Ups, and I totally agree with the battalions for FE4-Remake. And now that you mentioned it, I think I remember reading somewhere that each unit in the original FE4 were implied to be battalions.... How would you go in implementing the battalion system? Same as 3H (with the obvious exception of names etc), or would we tweak some stuff in the system?

I was thinking of the Ancient Roman army and how commanders had to be very careful about managing them. Specifically the legions that specialized in short range combat. Short range legions often felt entitled to the best equipment and that lower legions (a battalion of slingers, for example) should get whatever is left over. Even when they pillaged if you didn't give them the command and justification for splitting up the spoils, they'd keep it to themselves.

I'm not sure about WWII army structures, as ancient history is more interesting to me. However, I'll ask a friend if she knows anything about it since she just graduated college as a history major with an emphasis on WWII.

Tbh, I'd say there's characters that should trade right off the bat. For example, Patty can trade with Faval regardless of support level. However, she'll start trading with Shanan, Lester, and Lana once they hit level B in support.

As for a battalion system, I'd make it similar to Three Houses, as I didn't have much issues with it in the first place. The only problem is that characters don't have a charm stat so a charm stat and growth might need to be added or certain characters get assigned a certain battalion.

Glancing at this thread (how did I not notice it fter two months???) I see a lot of people have similar ideas, but I:ll be repetitive anyway to show where i stand on such issues. In bold are points that I don:t think anyone else has suggested yet. So you can easily pick them out and judge me for them.

*Make it so you only get Mystletainn in Gen II if you kill Edelgard, in which case Lachesis gets it and passes it down to Nana who gives it to Aless. This makes the Edelgard fight a choice between the Earth Sword, for immediate gains and rewards, or the Mystletainn for much larger rewards.

*Have Arione only attack (abd thus join you) in the final chapter if you seize the castle without killing him (out of the major bosses it never really made sense why Julius would save him and him alone other than Ishtore).

*Obviously rebalance weapon weight.

*Also obvious but give us a proper support system to prevent accidental marriages.

*Reclassing, Fates style, one alternate class for everyone. So I can play warrior Jamke and Pirate Briggid (or maybe Swordmaster Briggid would make more sense, but I don:t like that particular plot point).

*Give us Valkyrie in chapter 9 (in the possession of Corpre regardless as to who can use it, since he canonically goes on a holy mission just prior to the game) instead of via magical inheritance.

*Give us Forseti in chapter 10 instead of via magical inheritance (Lewyin giving it to his son (or daughter thanks to reclassing) during that convo he has with them half way through Chapter 10 anyway).

*As I:ve made a thread about, I want the sacralidge of an avatar whom you can choose a minor holy blood of or eugenics shenanigans.

**In this vein, if you breed someone to use them, have Valflame, Swanchika and Mjolnir be droppable.

*Memory prisms so we can see more of the court intrigue that Sigurd is missing out on.

*A generation zero where Byron is your lord, detailing the craziness thats going down in Isaach during Gen 1.

* Some kind of post game mode where you play on all the maps of the game put together (plus the missing sections of Jugdral) with all the major characters from the game occupying their own castles and fighting each other in an Age of Empires style all out brawl that takes hours to finish. Yes, in practice this would probably suck, but damnit all if I still don:t want it.

*Keep the whole pawn shop trading, but let lovers trade like in standard games (and of course control how much money you can donate).

*Definitely introduce rescue as a command to let non mounted units have more of a chance to engage in combat (though you:d have to stop your pegasus knight going to help out Leif in Chapter 7 to avoid being able to just ferry Leif to the throne and ending the chapter then and there). I:d even consider Fates style pair up, as enemis in this game already put themselves in formations and the dual attack system would make them more threatening. Though I fear Pair up would relegate units like Noish and Alec into nothing more than donkeys for stronger infantry units, so Rescue would probably be better.

*Battalions were originally planned for this game and would just make sense. Though I do fear what they:d do to balance, as so many enemies in this game attack you in squadrons that could just be no selled with a Gambit. Then again, super long maps means Gambits become a super scarce resource you:d have to consider (for that reason I:d probably want to buff them all to 100% accuracy because missing with them is annoying enough in Three Houses even with the Divine Pulse, missing with them in a chapter as long as Genealogy would just suck).

*I:m happy with set weapon ranks, but I wouldn:t mind if there were one or two arm scrolls in the game that would be a very valuable resource to buff certain characters.

*Make Arione:s motives more clear. Because right now hes a mess of a character. There some compelling in there Im sure, but story doesnt seem to have any idea what that is in its current form.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, OriginalRaisins said:

You underestimate how willing I am to grind with my married thieves.

Well one way to solve that would be to make the exp the thief gains be based on how much money they're donating. So like passing 100 gold will only give 10exp, so doing it over 10 turns would be just as effective as doing it over one turn in the exp department. Although you'd still need to find someway of getting around the Thief's lover returning gold back to the thief and then just auto levelling to 30...but wait is that an issue already in the game? Can you level up your thief to max just by having them pass gold back and forth with their lover? Well a solution there might be to give the exp a graded curve so it eventually just stops granting exp completely  when you get into the 20s.