2021 Gaming hopes/wishes: Do we dare dream...?

Zapp Branniglenn

As with last year, my main hope is that I'm able to finish all the games that I've been meaning to finish. 

As for new games, well, I guess here's what I'm hoping for:

1. A free DLC for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity that is the direct prequel that Age of Calamity was advertised to be, right down to the fall of Hyrule, death of the champions, Link being taken to the shrine of resurrection, and Zelda sealing away Ganon for 100 years.

I've seen some people have basically asked people who expected a direct prequel why they would want a game with such a gloomy ending where everyone loses, and the answer, for me at least, is that I don't; seeing how such a prequel would end as completely doom and gloom would be completely missing the whole point of such a story; sure, the heroes lose round one; failure is sometimes inevitable, but overcoming that initial failure; what you do about it; that's what's really important, and I think that a proper prequel, especially if it's last mission had the player play as Zelda sealing away Ganon for 100 years, and end on a shot of Hyrule 100 years later as we hear the familiar line, "Open your eyes. Wake up, Link" would highlight and reinforce this aspect of BOTW's plot, where Age of Calamity, with its time-travel plot, kind-of throws a wrench in it (not saying that's necessarily a bad thing). 

Plus, it would go a long way towards Nintendo and Koei Tecmo mending fences with fans who were understandably upset by the game's false advertising (and please don't reply to me with any "Well, technically they didn't..." as getting into that kind of argument is pretty much the exact opposite of the point I'm trying to make about mending fences). 

2. More information about the Breath of the Wild Sequel, and honest information to be a bit more precise. 

3. Zelda 35th Anniversary goes well. It doesn't have to be a huge celebration; I just hope that they don't try to pull something like a limited-time "Zelda 3D All-Stars" that forgets two of the 3D Zelda games or something like that. 

4. Kensuke Tanabe stepping down as producer of the Paper Mario games and moving on to a brand new project. It's obvious that this guy has ideas, but he should really stop trying to bend established franchises to suit his ideas and just make his own franchise. He's a noteworthy producer at Nintendo; I'm sure they would let him make his own IP if he pitched one. I honestly don't have anything against him as a producer; I've just noticed how divided the Paper Mario fanbase has become ever since he became in charge of the series and the reasons why this division happened, and I think this could help with that. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally I would love to see:

- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic.

- Overwatch 2 (*with* Overlord added as a playable character. Doesn't even have to be at launch)

- Remake of Genealogy of the Holy War (I like to refer to it as "Fire Emblem Echoes: Ashes of Jugdral")

- Pokemon remake of gen 4 (I just want to relive what I missed as kid. )

- Not exactly a new game but I would really like if Castlevania: Rondo of Blood managed to make it's way to the Switch.

- Skyblivion would also be really cool to see finally come to fruition.

- Don't know if it counts but I just want to mention Monster Hunter Rise.

Edited by JAZ_2002

The pipe dreams remain the same as ever: some guys who have no relation to Majesty 2 take the IP and make Majesty 3, Bungie reclaims the Myth IP and makes Myth 4. Both are resoundingly unlikely.

let me joinnn

• Tales of Arise release in 2021 and way better than any last gen Tales series both in terms of gameplay and story, and also density (the scope of last entries is big but lack any depth )
  • GTA 6 revealed fully not just a teaser, and ditch the 3 person system, with whatever new they come up with
  • Dragon Dogma 2 announced and its a singleplayer focused game with some multiplayer element as a bonus
  • New Fire emblem announced, remake or new
  • Final Fantasy 16 announced release date, and its actually closer than many people thought, because its not in development hell like the one before it
  • New Xenoblade ! or better yet, Monolith soft turns out working with IntSys in developing new Fire Emblem
  • Switch 2 / Pro release next year (so we can play FE in better graphic without performance hiccup)

For 2021 Gaming Wishlist that I would pick that might be announced as a possibility:

1. A remake of Genealogy of the Holy War or The Binding Blade, but I do think Genealogy of the Holy War remake would work instead since there's some Judgral references in Three Houses.
  2. Another translation of a Japanese only Fire Emblem title since Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light was sold well in the Nintendo eShop.
  3. Announcement of Mike Jones from StarTropics, a Zelda character, and/or 2nd Namco character (maybe Llyod Irving from Tales of Series) comes to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a DLC Fighter.
  4. A new Nintendo IP
  5. Reviving one of the classic Nintendo IPs for a new game.
  6. Maybe a new Mega Man 12 from Capcom.
  7. Breath of Wild sequel announcement
  8. Remake of Zelda 1 and II: The Adventures of Link
  9. More Game Boy remakes such as Super Mario Land series, etc.
  10. Nintendo 64 Online and Nintendo GameCube Online announcement for Nintendo Switch (I do think we might just get Nintendo 64 Online first).
  11. Some more Arcade Archives from Nintendo Arcades such as Sherrif and Radar Scope (the two Arcades before Donkey Kong).
  12. Tales of Arise release date and new conent trailer from Bandai Namco
  13. NES and SNES Online games definitely needs to be added:
  • NES Online: Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II, EarthBound Beginnings, Mysterious Murasame Castle, Ninja Gaiden II and III, Double Dragon III, Bomberman, Final Fantasy I, etc.
  • SNES Online: EarthBound, Donkey Kong Country 3, Gradius III, Final Fantasy SNES games, etc.
Edited by King Marth 64

On 12/5/2020 at 4:11 AM, vanguard333 said:

Kensuke Tanabe stepping down as producer of the Paper Mario games and moving on to a brand new project. It's obvious that this guy has ideas, but he should really stop trying to bend established franchises to suit his ideas and just make his own franchise. He's a noteworthy producer at Nintendo; I'm sure they would let him make his own IP if he pitched one. I honestly don't have anything against him as a producer; I've just noticed how divided the Paper Mario fanbase has become ever since he became in charge of the series and the reasons why this division happened, and I think this could help with that. 

I don't think mister Tanabe is really to blame for all this. He evidently doesn't seem to be a very good influence on Paper Mario but the problems likely stem from higher on the Nintendo food chain. There's a lot of hints that Nintendo made it official policy to distance Paper Mario from the earlier titles and that a lot of the recent flaws stem from this policy. A recent interview even had Tanabe say they were not ''allowed'' to make OC's any longer and that Nintendo made them work within a very strict set of rules. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

29 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think mister Tanabe is really to blame for all this. He evidently doesn't seem to be a very good influence on Paper Mario but the problems likely stem from higher on the Nintendo food chain. There's a lot of hints that Nintendo made it official policy to distance Paper Mario from the earlier titles and that a lot of the recent flaws stem from this policy. A recent interview even had Tanabe say they were not ''allowed'' to make OC's any longer and that Nintendo made them work within a very strict set of rules. 

I could see the no OCs being a Nintendo policy (though if it is no OCs, then what happened to Toadsworth? He was in Super Mario Sunshine and some of the Mario sport games, so he's not an OC, and yet he's been absent from all the Tanabe-helmed Paper Marios; his role being filled in by a generic toad).

However, all the changes to the gameplay, and the fact that it keeps changing rather than evolving or upgrading, seems to be entirely Tanabe's MO: he becomes producer of a pre-established franchise, tells the devs to make a brand new gameplay system completely outside their area of expertise, and the games receive severe backlash from fans. From what I've seen, it previously happened with Chibi-Robo with Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash and Metroid Prime with Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

He's even said multiple times in interviews that his game philosophy is that new games in a series need to be fundamentally changed from the ground up in order to surprise fans. Even I, who enjoys when sequels try to do something new with the formula, think that philosophy is toxic (or at least, rather flawed), as it's not doing something new with the old formula; it's arbitrarily throwing away the old formula and starting from scratch.

Edited by vanguard333

Whether it's one person who's to blame or some back assward company initiative, I'm not holding out hope that 2024's Paper Mario: Stencil Saga is going to return to the series roots. What stunned me more than anything was all those people looking at that first trailer and seeing a totally different game than the one on the verge of releasing. "Maybe they'll listen to feedback and change it?" folks were saying as they planted down money for a preorder on a game that was 100% finished beyond localization and QA. I had already quit after Sticker Star (a game that was, for me, the fool me twice moment, not the first). I find Nintendo shills more at fault than Nintendo.

Then again, I've been very attentive toward Nintendo's recent behavior towards Melee. It turns out they definitely do hold grudges toward their old games and the fans of them. Not wanting anything to do with Melee would be one thing, but shutting down Splatoon events by association - a completely different game? If aging dorks like me don't shut up about Paper Mario 1 and 2, we may actually cancel the series wholesale. 

Hope is best saved for the other side of the grave, I try not to have expectations. I've tried writing ideas for sequels or improvements to games I love a few times, it only left me saddened and embittered due to the disconnect between what I can conceive of and the reality that is.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Its never to late to hope for a new Kid Icarus game. With the DLC being almost done Sakurai should be released from the Smash slave pit in the near future right?

I thought Sakurai considered that a one & done tryst. Not sure what he'd work on after Smash, but an E-rated onsen Nintendo Labo VR simulator would probably be better, something relaxing. A KIU sequel would be funny, but the action gameplay could be too stressful for him to create, and truly humorous dialogue requires toil.

51 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Sticker Star (a game that was, for me, the fool me twice moment, not the first)

Felt sick with anger from SPM then? Not saying thats wrong, its gameplay is the weakest aspect. Which is why I've never returned to it.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Felt sick with anger from SPM then? Not saying thats wrong, its gameplay is the weakest aspect. Which is why I've never returned to it.

When Sticker Star showed me how much worse things could get, and how they're willing to mock the old games by creating an unsatisfying, neutered version of that combat system, I started to see my gut reaction to SPM as kind of childish (and I was factually a child in 2007). But I definitely haven't come to like it. I find it's badness is too often excused for its "gut-wrenching" story where the first villain you meet literally travels by farting. 

As for Kid Icarus, while I would appreciate a remaster of the 3DS game, I don't find it's begging for a sequel. When will people see the best Nintendo revival suited to Sakurai's talents and design philosophy is actually Star Fox?

Just now, Glennstavos said:

As for Kid Icarus, while I would appreciate a remaster of the 3DS game, I don't find it's begging for a sequel.

Provided said remaster streamlines the weapon fusion process. Copy SMTIV, let me pick what skills I want to inherit, the weird invisible math that determines rigidly what you get is totally unfun. I don't want weapon grinding, I want the best weapons easy so I can readily toss myself into the multiplayer and always lose slightly less badly than I would otherwise.

And Star Fox would be great, I don't play it, but I don't believe in leaving any beloved or once-beloved Nintendo franchise behind, from A to W and from F to Z.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I find it's badness is too often excused for its "gut-wrenching" story where the first villain you meet literally travels by farting. 

Theres some wrenching in your lower guts if you travel by flatulence. 😄

Although, you're right the serious side of the plot isn't exactly good, maybe it's because Mario has sets the bar so low.

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Whether it's one person who's to blame or some back assward company initiative, I'm not holding out hope that 2024's Paper Mario: Stencil Saga is going to return to the series roots. 

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope is best saved for the other side of the grave, I try not to have expectations. I've tried writing ideas for sequels or improvements to games I love a few times, it only left me saddened and embittered due to the disconnect between what I can conceive of and the reality that is.

So, basically, you guys are saying that, if we should hope for something, it should be Bug Fables 2?

Anyway, what did you think of the other things I listed?

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

So, basically, you guys are saying that, if we should hope for something, it should be Bug Fables 2?

Assuming Nintendo doesn't cease and desist that too, sure. I think what's so compelling about Bug Fables is that it's not a copycat game. It was clearly zeroing in on Paper Mario design issues and addressing them. In the end, it's a game bigger than Paper Mario, or perhaps a glimpse into a reality where Paper Mario just continued evolving into better games.

Anyway, what did you think of the other things I listed?

If you're talking to me, you already know I disagree about the premise of those developers having to "pay up" in the form of free DLC for a hidden minority of people supposedly mislead by marketing and paid 60 dollars for "the wrong game" (have you even met somebody like that? And don't say yourself). As for Zelda's 35th, I think even a Zelda 3D all stars may be expecting too much. The 30th anniversary had considerably less. Maybe Breath of the Wild 2 happens to release next year, but it's anybody's guess. A lot of us guessed "Zelda U" was imminent years before BotW released

Edited by Glennstavos

11 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Assuming Nintendo doesn't cease and desist that too, sure. I think what's so compelling about Bug Fables is that it's not a copycat game. It was clearly zeroing in on Paper Mario design issues and addressing them. In the end, it's a game bigger than Paper Mario, or perhaps a glimpse into a reality where Paper Mario just continued evolving into better games.

Interesting. I have yet to play Bug Fables, but I have heard that it's really good, and that it does expand upon the old Paper Mario formula rather than just copy it.

If you're talking to me

I was talking to you and Interdimensional Observer.

you already know I disagree about the premise of those developers having to "pay up" in the form of free DLC for a hidden minority of people supposedly mislead by marketing and paid 60 dollars for "the wrong game" (have you even met somebody like that? And don't say yourself).

1. Who said anything about "having to"? I was just trying to say that a DLC campaign would be a really nice thing to do, but if they do it, it should probably be free or it would detract from it being a nice thing to do and potentially seem more like an attempt to profit from discontent.

2. It ain't hidden; just look at the comments section of almost any Age of Calamity video and you'll see a lot of comments saying things like, "Wasn't this game supposed to be a prequel?", "Nice game, but I feel like I got lied to by the trailers", "I honestly would've preferred if it just did the actual events leading up to Breath of the Wild", etc. There are a ton of comments like these. Lots of people were misled by the marketing and bought the game thinking it would be a prequel.

Even the YMMV page for Age of Calamity on TV Tropes acknowledges this:

• Play the Game, Skip the Story: The gameplay is praised as being a worthy successor to the previous Hyrule Warriors and a more than solid entry in the Musou franchise, having improved and built upon many elements in other entries. However, quite a few fans were disappointed by the story, as many assumed it was a true prequel to Breath of the Wild rather than an Alternate Timeline, with Nintendo hiding that information via Exact Words. And even those who didn't mind or actually enjoyed this still felt that at least some elements of the plot, such as the villain Astor, were surprisingly weak.
  • Tainted by the Preview: Despite the good reception of the game when it was first revealed, things started to get somewhat sour with the release of the demo, given that the presence of the time-traveling guardian made a lot of people worried that the game was going to deviate from the Breath of the Wild backstory, rather than being a straight prequel. When the game came out and those suspicions were confirmed, those people got quite angry, going as far as accusing Nintendo of false advertising, and even warning people who wanted to play this game expecting it to be a standard prequel to avoid it.
  • They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Some players wished they could have seen what would’ve happened in the original timeline rather than a retelling in an alternate timeline, given what was shown and said in trailers and interviews before the game's launch.

Age of Calamity did kind-of break the fanbase to some extent, and normally when a game in the Zelda series does that, Nintendo does respond to feedback and criticism (if anything, they might almost have a tendency to overcorrect). 

Also, could you not be so reductive?

As for Zelda's 35th, I think even a Zelda 3D all stars may be expecting too much. The 30th anniversary had considerably less. Maybe Breath of the Wild 2 happens to release next year, but it's anybody's guess. A lot of us guessed "Zelda U" was imminent years before BotW released

Well, considering I said I don't think a Zelda 3D All-Stars would be a good idea, that's actually reassuring. I don't really hope for them to do a lot; I just hope that, if they do anything for Zelda's 35th, it's done well and doesn't get tainted in the eyes of the public by a marketing decision like limited-release or anything like that. I don't even expect BOTW2 to be released next year; I just hope we get more info about it.

Edited by vanguard333

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

2. It ain't hidden; just look at the comments section of almost any Age of Calamity video and you'll see a lot of comments saying things like, "Wasn't this game supposed to be a prequel?", "Nice game, but I feel like I got lied to by the trailers", "I honestly would've preferred if it just did the actual events leading up to Breath of the Wild", etc. There are a ton of comments like these. Lots of people were misled by the marketing and bought the game thinking it would be a prequel.

I was on my third youtube video scanning the first two pages of comments (organized by top rated, since we want to see the most supported opinions) before finally locating it. The first two were the accolades trailer posted by Nintendo, and IGN's video review. One comment did mention the game "is NOT a prequel" but didn't expand on that with any sort of opinion. Others say the story "sucks like any warriors game", but had no mention of why they think so, so those are no good either. On the third video, Nintendo Life's review, I think I found it. "Don't expect this game to be a canon prequel. Save yourself the heartache." 32 upvotes. Except re-reading it I'm not sure if he's upset at that aspect of the story or just upset the game isn't canon? Next video was gamespot's video review, which had nothing but complaints about the review itself and people defending the game. Fifth video is Gamexplain's review and I found it for sure. "Mild spoilers here, but they have to learn when to "stop being criative"! The time travel thing is completely unnecessary. I would have prefered a game that the heros DO lose at the end. They made the story just like any other game for the sake of not "being obvious". 23 upvotes, two replies disagreeing with him.

And that's as far as I care to look for these "tons of comments". Maybe they're easier to find in a spoilered review, but I'm not looking to spoil myself just to prove your point. If you think my search was incomplete, then please for god's sake point me towards what I'm looking for. And please, If it's anything less than an overwhelming majority of opinions, it will be a waste of my time at this point.

Even the YMMV page for Age of Calamity on TV Tropes acknowledges this:

That is three bullet points out of one hundred and two and it's a list anybody can come in and edit with less curation than a fandom wiki. It could all be one guy, it could all be you. This is less definitive than the youtube comments, because at least the amount of upvotes gives you an idea if any person on the planet agrees.

Also, could you not be so reductive?

We already had this conversation. I said what I think and I grilled you for arguing from a position of bad faith and judging a game's plot based on spoilers you read online. Now, in a thread that's not at all about this stupid video game, you asked me what I thought this particular video game, and two other bullet points that exist to say "also I'm still mad about this other zelda game Nintendo didn't make". Again, you asked Me, specifically. So what did you expect? At this point I'm convinced this is trolling. I've had a psychopath hound my every post on these forums before (and even onto another website), I know what it's like. I gave him many chances to stop, I'm giving you just one. I have no patience for this behavior.

Edited by Glennstavos

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Again, you asked Me, specifically. So what did you expect? At this point I'm convinced this is trolling.

I honestly forgot about our discussion on the Age of Calamity thread as I'm terrible at remembering names. Plus, I didn't specifically ask you so much as ask, "Hey, at least one of the two that replied to the thing I mentioned about Paper Mario, what did you think of the rest of the stuff I brought up". In hindsight, I would have either just asked Interdimensional Observer or only asked your opinion on the second and third things I mentioned, as I should've remembered how you proceeded to stretched some of what I said into a strawman accused me of things I never said; including falsely accusing me of arguing in bad faith.

14 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

And that's as far as I care to look for these "tons of comments". Maybe they're easier to find in a spoilered review, but I'm not looking to spoil myself just to prove your point. If you think my search was incomplete, then please for god's sake point me towards what I'm looking for. And please, If it's anything less than an overwhelming majority of opinions, it will be a waste of my time at this point.

They are easier to find on spoiled reviews and videos discussing the plot because of course they are. As for "overwhelming majority" that's an extremely high bar to clear and a blatant moving of the goalpost. I've had this argument before with someone where I said something along the lines of "a significant amount" and they, in bad faith, moved the goalpost by trying to say that anything less than an overwhelming majority would mean I was wrong when that absolutely wasn't the case as I never said anything like an absolute majority.

15 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

That is three bullet points out of one hundred and two and it's a list anybody can come in and edit with less curation than a fandom wiki. It could all be one guy, it could all be you. This is less definitive than the youtube comments, because at least the amount of upvotes gives you an idea if any person on the planet agrees.

It certainly isn't me; for one thing, I don't even have an account on TV Tropes. I just browse the site occasionally because I'm an aspiring writer.

20 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

We already had this conversation. I said what I think and I grilled you for arguing from a position of bad faith and judging a game's plot based on spoilers you read online

I remember that argument now (and I'm also looking back at it to help jog my memory); you falsely accused me of arguing in bad faith, which was irritating as I don't argue in bad faith; I work very hard to make sure my argumentation is clear and in good faith because I struggle to communicate due to my autism, so I don't take accusations of arguing in bad faith lightly, and you also accused me of judging a game's plot without having played the game; something which I didn't even do, as my criticisms were about the marketing, not the quality of the plot. 

35 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I gave him many chances to stop, I'm giving you just one. I have no patience for this behavior.

Hey; guess what? I have no patience for being falsely-accused of arguing in bad faith by someone making bad-faith arguments, nor did I want this thread to be round two of an argument that I hated because of your accusatorial and reductive behavior, and so yeah; let's drop it and move on. I'm tired of it. 

On 12/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, joevar said:

New Xenoblade ! or better yet, Monolith soft turns out working with IntSys in developing new Fire Emblem

A new Xenoblade would be interesting, especially if it's a sequel to X. That game left a lot of loose threads and sequel hooks. 

Monolith Soft and IS working together on an FE spin-off would be a great idea; perhaps then they could an FE action rpg like that one they were planning for the WIi and got cancelled.

6 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

A new Xenoblade would be interesting, especially if it's a sequel to X. That game left a lot of loose threads and sequel hooks. 

Monolith Soft and IS working together on an FE spin-off would be a great idea; perhaps then they could an FE action rpg like that one they were planning for the WIi and got cancelled

uhh, not what i meant, altho im not opposed to the idea of actio-RPG fire emblem.

what i really meant was Monolith working on the technical aspect of fire emblem. just like how they design breath of the wild worldmap/landscapes alongside nintendo in house studio

6 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

especially if it's a sequel to X.

the concept of X was really good, but the avatar system actually make the worst grind and story flow between three released game imo. the game uglier too with avatar created char

27 minutes ago, joevar said:

the concept of X was really good, but the avatar system actually make the worst grind and story flow between three released game imo. the game uglier too with avatar created char

I wouldn't pin the grind on XCX having an avatar. You only need to focus on one class line of your choosing for the main game, though you can get enough CP without grinding to master probably 2/3s of them before the story is over. The XCX grind is concentrated in:

• Augments
  • Level 60 Skells/the Ares
  • Skell Superweapons

Emphasis on the first above the other two, although you don't need any Augments until the postgame, and overwhelmingly only for the Telethia (which also demands an Ares 90 or a 60 Skell and a Superweapon or two) if you're solely concerned with getting 100% on the survey.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

uhh, not what i meant, altho im not opposed to the idea of actio-RPG fire emblem.

what i really meant was Monolith working on the technical aspect of fire emblem. just like how they design breath of the wild worldmap/landscapes alongside nintendo in house studio

1. I knew it wasn't what you meant; I was more trying to say, "Monolith and IS working together would be a great idea; perhaps they could also do so for an FE spin-off (in addition to what you were suggesting)". Sorry that didn't come across. 

2. I honestly thought that X did a good job with its avatar and the story flow. I really disliked the postgame grind as well, but as @Interdimensional Observer pointed out, it's not the avatar character's fault; it's the fault of how they handled making augments, the level 60 skells and Ares 90, and the skell superweapons. I grinded for a long time to get the Ares 90 and didn't get any augments, and the grind was such a pain that I ended up not even fighting most of the postgame tyrants even though I could've with the Ares 90.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't pin the grind on XCX having an avatar. You only need to focus on one class line of your choosing for the main game, though you can get enough CP without grinding to master probably 2/3s of them before the story is over. The XCX grind is concentrated in:

• Augments
  • Skell Superweapons

Emphasis on the first above the other two, although you don't need any Augments until the postgame, and overwhelmingly only for the Telethia (which also demands an Ares 90 or a 60 Skell and a Superweapon or two) if you're solely concerned with getting 100% on the survey.

hmm yeah, it should be two separate matter, but i just hate the avatar system that i accidentally put it in same sentences. theres another thing that XCX guilty of but Monolith actually kinda solved, the UI. be it while fighting or menus. the UI takes more than half the screen in fight was really bad, its chaotic. thankfully XC remaster UI feels minimalized, with better positioning, size, and overall nicer to look at.

Edited by joevar

Hoping we see a Mega Man 12 soon. I don't want Mega Man going on another ten-year hiatus. Something like my Robot Master Collection idea would be nice, too (basically, MM1-11, I-V, and MM&B with graphics on MM1's level and unlockable playable Robot Masters with dialogue a la MMPU).

Also hoping for a remake of the Oracle Zeldas in a fashion similar to LA. It's the series' 35th Anniversary next year, they should do something. Same for Metroid. Pokemon will be celebrating its 25th, and Donkey Kong and Mario will be celebrating their 40th. Assuming politics don't mess up releases like they did this year, next year should be big for Nintendo.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

• Augments
  • Skell Superweapons

As someone who did indeed grind this out: twice in fact, I concur with this. Augments are the worst offender to X's major grind. 

The Ares 90 is pretty easy to get, actually so no complaints there. I've gotten this thing so many times now it's just not hard anymore. 

9 hours ago, joevar said:

hmm yeah, it should be two separate matter, but i just hate the avatar system that i accidentally put it in same sentences. theres another thing that XCX guilty of but Monolith actually kinda solved, the UI. be it while fighting or menus. the UI takes more than half the screen in fight was really bad, its chaotic. thankfully XC remaster UI feels minimalized, with better positioning, size, and overall nicer to look at.

Xenoblade Chronicles' UI doesnt have as much to look at either. Of course X's was microscopic, but it has more that the player needs to know. 

6 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Also hoping for a remake of the Oracle Zeldas in a fashion similar to LA. 

I've been on this train for a long time, I still am. 

Seasons and Ages are my top Zelda games, so i can agree with this.