Regarding the FE1 localization, do you think they can add an update to increase the brightness?

BlueFalcon29

So I recently found this article where they talk about FE1 on the switch being too dark compared to the original: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/12/why_is_fire_emblem_so_dark_on_switch_it_reportedly_runs_on_the_same_emulator_used_on_wii_u

Don't get me wrong, I love that they finally translated this game officially into English, but the colors being so darkened and washed out kinda bothers me a little. Anyone else? Judging by some of the comments on the article and the tweet that they linked to, it seems there are other people that feel the same way. Do you think they can add a patch or an update to turn up the brightness to the levels that they should be? It doesn't seem like it would be a hard thing to fix.

I don't see why turning up the system brightness (in handheld mode) wouldn't be enough to address this. Like, I was just playing a minute ago. It's kind of dark, sure, but I don't see this factor affecting my enjoyment.

Anyway, if the article is accurate (that this game is based on the Wii U VC version, and not the Japanese Switch one), then fixing the brightness might take more work than you'd think. They may have to "re-localize" everything.

14 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I don't see why turning up the system brightness (in handheld mode) wouldn't be enough to address this. Like, I was just playing a minute ago. It's kind of dark, sure, but I don't see this factor affecting my enjoyment.

Anyway, if the article is accurate (that this game is based on the Wii U VC version, and not the Japanese Switch one), then fixing the brightness might take more work than you'd think. They may have to "re-localize" everything.

Damn, that's unfortunate :/. Oh well, it's not like a huge deal, just something that irks me a tiny bit haha.

Here's a screenshot of this new version of the game. And here's a screenie of the Famicom Online app, released in 2019 for the Switch, both captured from my own switch. I can definitely buy that it's two different emulators.

Edited by Glennstavos

Why would Nintendo bother updating this game when it won't be available for purchase after the 31st of March 2021? If it wasn't a limited-time release they would update it, but it's only available for the next three-and-a-bit months.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

On 12/7/2020 at 8:49 PM, NinjaMonkey said:

Why would Nintendo bother updating this game when it won't be available for purchase after the 31st of March 2021? If it wasn't a limited-time release they would update it, but it's only available for the next three-and-a-bit months.

I mean, Super Mario 3D All-Stars is also a limited-time release but it still got an update.