FEH channel is up! Dec 8

Vicious Sal

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity breakers are no longer a thing thankfully. And I'm digging Book 5's aesthetic. Hopefully it's characters are good too.

Edit: well they're less of a thing at least. Oh well.

Edited by trainer_derp

1: it looks like Seasonal Banners now have sparking (and they have the triple spark) - so you could get all 5* heroes (while working on the demote. that's.... actually. pretty darn cool.)
2: Pity Breakers don't reset your rate, (or not by much) - that's.. actually pretty darn cool too. so you can get the 5* breaker, and still hope to get the other unit. that's very nice
3: I was right on that the new freebee would be red (interesting that it is a Cav unit) - that fills in one slot.

New Mythics will now allow you to add a 6th unit but if i understand correctly - it has to be a bonus unit or someone OF that season. very very cool. 

Free Knoll was the highlight for me.  The summoning changes are nice not having a pity breaker reset my rate entirely is really helpful and it looks like sparking has been added seasonal banners which is great since those tend to have units I want more then the new heroes banners.  All in all this was a pretty good channel at least for me.

Having an extra slot in Aether Raids is definitely nice, and we can run the bonus Mythic for scoring. I think I have every Mythic now except Bramimond and Yune.

4 minutes ago, trainer_derp said:

Pity breakers are no longer a thing thankfully. And I'm digging Book 5's aesthetic. Hopefully it's characters are good too.

They still are a thing, they just will not reset your rate back to base, but they will still decrease your pity rate.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

1: it looks like Seasonal Banners now have sparking (and they have the triple spark) - so you could get all 5* heroes (while working on the demote. that's.... actually. pretty darn cool.)

They did not specify whether it is on every Special Heroes Focus or just for the Christmas one, but I sure hope it is for every Special Heroes Foci.

They turned Reginn into a girl.

Also, legit thought she was a centaur for a moment. If it wasn't for that speed, I'd question why make horse-shaped power armor. Sure, it's named after a boar, but it's not even boar-shaped...

Though I do love that Itano Circus. What can I say, I like my mechas... this aesthetic I'm gonna like.

I guess whoever said they wouldn't use actual dwarves nailed it. They seem like just humans with MAGITECH after all.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

There's quite a bit to take from this one! Let's see: 

1st we have...steampunk-ish world? Huh, well I wasn't expecting that one from the dwarf world but it makes sense as there are some depictions of dwarves being superior to other races when it comes to technology and stuff. Still, having classic FE guys fighting against missiles and the like is mega unfair, imo. A puny magical sword isn't going to save you from a gun. 

2nd is the usual log-in bonuses and stuff. Standard fare. 

3rd is FE8 banner with the acclaimed Duessel and finally Natasha is in (no need to keep waiting Joshua, your waifu is here). Still, the banner is a skip for me because the only unit I'd want is Selena and I already have the summer version so I'm good. 

4th is AR changes. The effects of the +/-20 lift across the board remain to be seen. Making tier 27 easier to reach means jack when they just created tier 28 so in the end it's probably going to be the same thing. The bonus Mythic stuff is annoying, it means you'd better have every single one of them to remain competitive which is ugh, it only benefits whales and those that got pity broken on Legendary/Mythic banners. 

5th is new Mythic effect. Free extra unit is nice, that'll open up new options to tackle maps. It's a double edged sword because now defense teams will have it a lot harder. 

6th is summoning changes. Pity breakers not resetting pity completely is nice, although it doesn't really fix the bloat on the summoning pool so eh. Looks good on the surface but in practice it may not do all that much. 

7th and last is a teaser for the Christmas banner and it will have triple Spark. I don't know if it'll be exclusively for that banner or if it'll be the norm from now on, I'm thinking it's the former just to not have any sort of expectations. If it's the latter it'd be nice. 

And that's about it, quite a bit of info but nothing super crazy (well, the extra unit in AR is quite big so at least one big news). 

Btw, that green haired lady on the Book V trailer really, really, REALLY looks like Seiros with a beauty mark. I know it's not her, but the resemblance is crazy. Could it be that she and the other one are Valkyries? Hmm...

Edited by Alexmender

WOAH WOAH WOAH BEST FEH CHANNEL IN A LONG LONG TIME!

I'm so excited for Book V after the trailer, the new mythic hero seems really cool with that armor and Duessel is in and pity breakers now only reset 1% and aaaaaaahhhhh there's so many good news

i was expecting a bit more.

The only thing interesting was the trailer and its aesthetic. I like the design of the new characters.
The new heroes banner presentation was expected.

But there was nothing new... nada zipp... njet. I could care less for a new Mythic AR effect.

Dont get me wrong the pity break rate change is a nice addition.

But i really was expecting some form/introduction of new mode or the introduction of Legendary hero refine weapons/skills.

I like the aesthetic of Book 5 and the characters look neat (also they're nearly gender balanced surprisingly), but I'm a little disappointed they're not classical dwarves as I thought that would've been unique in FE. I don't have much to say on Reginn, but Fafnir is interesting since he's the first character in FEH to have had his name used previously, in his case, the generic dragons. Him joining the cast shows that characters like Fenrir, who fans were worried about for similar reasons, won't have that as a roadblock either and them joining the cast is all up to whether IS wants to use them or not. As for the character himself, I'm curious if him and Otr will be shapeshifters as they turn into a dragon and otter in mythology, and both are major parts of their characters. It would be interesting to see how they'd implement both into the game if they keep that aspect. 

As for the banner and summoning changes, I like who they chose for the SS banner overall. Knoll and Duessel I've wanted to see for a while now and Selena and Natasha are a nice bonus as well. Caellach I hope is a good GHB battle and unit, especially the latter since infantry axes are getting a little bloated lately. Finally I'm happy they changed how pity rates work as well as add sparking to the seasonal banner, the latter in particular was always strange to me as other gachas generically add spark to all banners so it's good to see it fixed. 

Edited by Medeus

Reginn has freaking canto in her weapon. Full 3 move returned. Its a [] effect so its going to be showing up more. And it specifically says it can proc multiple times with Galeforce. 

Hope you all can make your AR-D teams Galeforce proof as of tomorrow! 

10 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Well AR is a braindead mode now. Fucking hell how easy can it get. You can sacrifice allies and still get max lift? Pffff

Knoll is great, pity break is great. Rest sucks.

The downside of this is, that Defense matters a bit more now. Previously people would normally give up after one unit /or two were lost. This wont be the case anymore over time. Which means lift loss will go up and that means Defense matters more if you want to reduce lift loss to a minimum.

IS: Sharena who?

Big meh from me. Changes to a mode I completely despise (AR), generic free OC design, Sacred Stones banner is cool but garbage-tier demotes as usual, story will be worthless as usual.

Reginn comes with Swift Sparrow 3, Lull Spd/Def, Panic Smoke, and a missile launcher. Can't tell what her weapon does, but it's likely to either be a Player-phase effect or solo effect, since they almost seemed to make it a point to not have her be next to any allies in her battles.

Also her mech looks like a FE Awakening Knight if they were a golden centaur. Just saying.

• New Book looks interesting, mecha units instead of dwarves. The green hair lady is going to be the new Loki/Plumeria
  • Rewards
  • Sacred stones units are meh, free red tome for Morgan but another healer demote, urgh
  • AR is getting easy
  • No more pitybreakers, yay!

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Reginn comes with Swift Sparrow 3, Lull Spd/Def, Panic Smoke, and a missile launcher. Can't tell what her weapon does, but it's likely to either be a Player-phase effect or solo effect, since they almost seemed to make it a point to not have her be next to any allies in her battles.

Also her mech looks like a FE Awakening Knight if they were a golden centaur. Just saying.

It has Canto.

I did't expect we'd be getting mechs today, but I guess this is more unique then dwarves. The horse with guns looks neat.

I like the new sacred stones Banner. Duessel looks real cool, Selena's art looks great and we are having a great villain as our bhb. Its also good seeing Knoll after dark mage Eirika stole his thunder. He's not going to be the best, but having a easily available red fox tome is nice.

Natasha is another healer demote with a launch game kit and one fodder worthy C skill. Ouch. At least her art is nice.