FEH channel is up! Dec 8

Vicious Sal

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Moving again activates after moving again. Which one refers to Canto and which one to the skill that activated is not 100% clear to me. However, since the "conditions" appear to be checked after "moving again", my guess is Canto first, then Galeforce.

I'm more inclined to believe this is the case since you move again, conditions for skills that enable another action are checked(Galeforce) and if the conditions are met, grants a full action.

Isn't the English description contradicting? It says Canto can only activate once per turn but then it goes on to say after moving, if a skill grants another action(Galeforce) activates, unit can Canto again.

Edited by Flying Shogi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Flying Shogi said:

Isn't the English description contradicting? It says Canto can only activate once per turn but then it goes on to say if a skill grants another action(Galeforce activates, it specifically mentions Canto can activate again.

Yeah. As mentioned at the end of my post, I'm pretty sure they just accidentally duplicated the "again". They translated "you can move again" as "you can Canto again", but because Canto translates as "move again", "you can Canto again" actually translates as "you can move again again", which is incorrect.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, don't Huginn's Egg and Muninn's Egg already exist in this game? I suppose it'd become an unintentional callback or something.

You're right, both of those weapons are already in the game. Even then, Ishtar has the Mjölnir tome, and Thórr has the Mjölnir hammer, two weapons that share the same name. I don't think there will be too many issues with weapons/characters having the same name (just look at Laevatein, lol). At the very least, we'll know ahead of time how their names are spelled!... assuming the two we see in the trailer are indeed Huginn and Muninn, of course. 

Anyway, it'd be kinda funny if they mentioned those eggs in Book V.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, don't Huginn's Egg and Muninn's Egg already exist in this game? I suppose it'd become an unintentional callback or something.

I imagine they'd probably just get the Fafnir treatment like we're seeing now. It's been years since those eggs were introduced into the game and they're even more irrelevant nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if IS doesn't pay them much mind.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

My guess is that it has already been brought up, but I am curious about how Reginn paired up with legendary Edelgard or legendary Leif would work given both have Galeforce or some kind of another turn effect. Probably be really fun.

FE!Edelgard paired up with herself is pretty fun, but the FE!Edelgard that is not out/on top still got blatant movement issues since her Armored Stride did not kick in, so you want to switch her out a bit more strategically.

UOT!Leif with Reginn would be bonkers due to the insanely high mobility.

I wish Pair Up would be available in every mode.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah. As mentioned at the end of my post, I'm pretty sure they just accidentally duplicated the "again". They translated "you can move again" as "you can Canto again", but because Canto translates as "move again", "you can Canto again" actually translates as "you can move again again", which is incorrect.

This could have been avoided if they replaced Canto with 再行動3 in the (Japanese) text and/or specified the activation priority since they already defined what 再行動3 is. 

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Ah okay. And yeah, Otr is said to worship him.

The start of the Reginn guide has a bit more lore:

The dvergr are explicitly called "small folk" so it seems they will resemble dwarves after all - they just won't be the stocky ones Tolkien trained us to expect (which is exactly what happened with the fairies/elves now that I think of it). Also, Fafnir is ordering attacks on all realms at the start of the story, this doesn't seem related to Veronica just yet.

They seem pretty close to the DnD depiction of gnomes.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

They seem pretty close to the DnD depiction of gnomes.

Now that you mentioned it, they do remind me of gnomish tinkerers. Reginn would fit right into Eberron as an armorer artificer with infiltrator armor.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Now that you mentioned it, they do remind me of gnomish tinkerers. Reginn would fit right into Eberron as an armorer artificer with infiltrator armor.

I'm getting the vibe of Skyrim dwemer plus what y'all are saying (dwemer ruins being a ton of gold and murky green with a shitload of mechs as a remnant of a civilization gone mad, so the setting works there, plus the gnome tinkerer bits above.

Basically, I like all the things here: the focus percent drop decrease, the Aether Raids changes, the being able to see your pity rate WHILE SUMMONING... Getting so many Grado characters is nice, too, especially since it's mostly guys and only 1 rerun lady. Most of all, though, I'm excited for the new seasonal units. It's hard to tell who they are just off of what we were shown, but it should be easier to summon them, too! I wonder who they are... I'll take another look at what we could see another time, I suppose.

That Duessel guy reminded me of SoV paladin's, which kind of makes sense. I might summon on this banner to get a few Selenas and merges for the new Mythic. From the seasonal silhouettes the one on the far right looks like Duma; IS loves their seasonal armored dragons after all.

Oh man, Reginn looks busted. Top Tier unit for sure. Glad she's a freebie so I can focus on Selena and Duessel in the banner (but WHY is Duessel wielding a lance? Huge missed opportunity there.

Book V looks pretty awesome with the steampunk look, can't wait to play the story.

Oh goody. Another female OC freebie in the Fjorm/Eir/Peonny role. How exciting. *extreme sarcasm*

Give us a male already, IS. This is the lamest of the lame. I'm not digging the design of Generic Female Freebie #4's armor, either. Looks like Awakening's knights, just with four legs, and I heavily disliked those designs. Well, at least it isn't fairies again, I suppose.

I'm a fan of the changes to Aether Raids and summoning. Both of those changes and additions are pretty great. I'm very pleased to see Sacred Stones getting more characters, too, and it's exactly who I thought would be coming. Duessel absolutely needed to have an axe, though, and not a lance. Oh well.

3 hours ago, kradeelav said:

hell, I'm excited.  Called more tier levels, and I'm so here for Knoll and Callech.  Tentatively excited for V's world.

1901038778_Screenshot2020-12-07at8_55_02PM.png.2087c5d5a33f4a8f74895d79a9544a7b.png

Did some black magic via photoshop layers to clean up the Winter silhouettes a bit (multiply layers + erasing the snowflakes I knew weren't part of the actual silo itself.)

I definitely see Titania on the far left.  Maybe Shinon in the middle? Or Felix? There's a little bit of a stringy short hair that makes me think a dude.  I also see something like a giant cutlass on the right ...

Every year, I hope for Christmas Brom. Every year, I'm disappointed. I don't see a Brom resemblance anywhere in there. Maybe I should just not hope anymore.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh goody. Another female OC freebie in the Fjorm/Eir/Peonny role. How exciting. *extreme sarcasm*

Give us a male already, IS. This is the lamest of the lame. I'm not digging the design of Generic Female Freebie #4's armor, either. Looks like Awakening's knights, just with four legs, and I heavily disliked those designs. Well, at least it isn't fairies again, I suppose.

Best part is that apparently, the mythological Reginn is actually a dude

FREE KNOLL.

Kinda bleh that he'll need to wait until the heat death of the universe to get a personal weapon, but I'm glad that he's free. I was about to go crazy on the banner!

46 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Best part is that apparently, the mythological Reginn is actually a dude

They are. However, since Fafnir and Otr are also dudes, guess they needed to change one to balance it out.

33 minutes ago, Jave said:

They are. However, since Fafnir and Otr are also dudes, guess they needed to change one to balance it out.

Of the six new OCs, four are female. And that's not to mention the near domination of the majority of past books' OCs being female. If they wanted to balance it out, Reginn would not have been genderbent. 

35 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Of the six new OCs, four are female. And that's not to mention the near domination of the majority of past books' OCs being female. If they wanted to balance it out, Reginn would not have been genderbent. 

Huh. Guess you have a point.

EDIT: Nvm, not worth it.

Edited by Jave

Ok so last night It was too late for me to talk about the channel in depth. TL DR, still hate most of the changes. Probably enough to quit Feh entirely.

Ok, so first off: New Book. Whatever. Don't care for the story that much, story maps were a free source of orbs. Whooptidoo, new book, new maps, new bad writing.  We were already able to bring a pegasus hover bike with Tsubasa, so I don't really care about the idea of a gunslinging mech ruining FEH. As long as we don't get that in mainline games, that's what codename steam can do.

Then there are the things I hoped to get some of, but didn't:

- HM cap increase to 10k

- Being able to inherit 5 skills instead of 4

- Changes to feh pass so that QoL changes are free, but they get some other stuff instead

- Faster weapon refines

- AA to 5 matches because I just don' like the mode

- Make T27 the new T21 and increase tiers to T34 or so. So once you get T21, you stay there, if you get to T26 you reset to T21, but if you get T27, it's a new milestone and you keep that rank.

- More manuals to get

- More ways to get flowers and trait fruits

- Being able to farm trait fruits in AR Resort

- New AR and Arena maps

Didn't expect to get all of these, but especially the HM cap would have been nice. Instead we got a dick in our mouth.

Login bonus and stuff is usual, not bad, not noteworthy.

New heroes are whatever as well, though max invested Selena sounds scary on a cav line. Anyway, moving on.

I really, really reaaaaaally hate the AR changes. 

- Lift score changes are the most minor thing, since getting more lift is canceled out a bit by the new tier, which requires higher lift.

- Being able to bring a 6th unit to your (currently) Astra offence is just retarded, AR was getting easier as it is already and this makes the only mode in the game that required actual skill and good gameplay knowledge a braindead mode, especially when combined with the following;

- Being able to sac a unit and not being punished for it? Like what is this even?!?!?!? Come on, just throw in a unit like L!Leif(when in season) or Ninja Lyn, kill two units on the enemy team, plonk them next to the rest and watch them die. Congrats. You now have a a 5v5 at minimum, the enemy will engage onto you while the rest of your team is safely out of range. What fucking bullshit is this even. AR is dead, the only engaging, fun and challenging mode just died. RIP

- To add insult to injury, the above can only be done when a Mythic of that season is in bonus, but guess what, there will always be one mythic in bonus season, so you can always sac a unit since even if your lowest merged mythic is the bonus, you stick em in the extra slot and still get max lift. 

This mode was supposed to be challenging, not a a babysitter holding your hand telling you your little booboo is gonna be okay. God I hate these changes.

And of course Reginn herself is quite amazing as a unit. I have no issue with how her weapon and kit works per se, but with the changes made and her being clearly made with those in mind, Astra is going to be just as braindead as Light was getting.

Man, what a tragedy this FEH channel was. Only thing actually great about the channel was the off focus change. That's actually good. 

I never expected that Book V will involve Steam Punk equipment. I'm also kinda wondered who were the the two women that were appeared in Reginn's vision in that Book V Movie trailer? Also, I never expected that Chris Sabat, Mike McFarland, and even David Magtana joined in the voice casts for Fire Emblem Heroes since we seemed to get more Texas based VAs coming in since we got Felicia Angelle did voiced Kris out of the blue recently.

In addition to emphasizing defense more, the easier offenses will also make AR more dependent on mythic merges for a higher base score.

I plan to go for T28 each week, those increased rewards look sweet, but I might not be able to get gold thrones anymore. That's frustrating.

4 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Ok so last night It was too late for me to talk about the channel in depth. TL DR, still hate most of the changes. Probably enough to quit Feh entirely.

Ok, so first off: New Book. Whatever. Don't care for the story that much, story maps were a free source of orbs. Whooptidoo, new book, new maps, new bad writing.  We were already able to bring a pegasus hover bike with Tsubasa, so I don't really care about the idea of a gunslinging mech ruining FEH. As long as we don't get that in mainline games, that's what codename steam can do.

Then there are the things I hoped to get some of, but didn't:

- HM cap increase to 10k

- Being able to inherit 5 skills instead of 4

- Changes to feh pass so that QoL changes are free, but they get some other stuff instead

- Faster weapon refines

- AA to 5 matches because I just don' like the mode

- Make T27 the new T21 and increase tiers to T34 or so. So once you get T21, you stay there, if you get to T26 you reset to T21, but if you get T27, it's a new milestone and you keep that rank.

- More manuals to get

- More ways to get flowers and trait fruits

- Being able to farm trait fruits in AR Resort

- New AR and Arena maps

Didn't expect to get all of these, but especially the HM cap would have been nice. Instead we got a dick in our mouth.

Login bonus and stuff is usual, not bad, not noteworthy.

New heroes are whatever as well, though max invested Selena sounds scary on a cav line. Anyway, moving on.

I really, really reaaaaaally hate the AR changes. 

- Lift score changes are the most minor thing, since getting more lift is canceled out a bit by the new tier, which requires higher lift.

- Being able to bring a 6th unit to your (currently) Astra offence is just retarded, AR was getting easier as it is already and this makes the only mode in the game that required actual skill and good gameplay knowledge a braindead mode, especially when combined with the following;

- Being able to sac a unit and not being punished for it? Like what is this even?!?!?!? Come on, just throw in a unit like L!Leif(when in season) or Ninja Lyn, kill two units on the enemy team, plonk them next to the rest and watch them die. Congrats. You now have a a 5v5 at minimum, the enemy will engage onto you while the rest of your team is safely out of range. What fucking bullshit is this even. AR is dead, the only engaging, fun and challenging mode just died. RIP

- To add insult to injury, the above can only be done when a Mythic of that season is in bonus, but guess what, there will always be one mythic in bonus season, so you can always sac a unit since even if your lowest merged mythic is the bonus, you stick em in the extra slot and still get max lift. 

This mode was supposed to be challenging, not a a babysitter holding your hand telling you your little booboo is gonna be okay. God I hate these changes.

And of course Reginn herself is quite amazing as a unit. I have no issue with how her weapon and kit works per se, but with the changes made and her being clearly made with those in mind, Astra is going to be just as braindead as Light was getting.

Man, what a tragedy this FEH channel was. Only thing actually great about the channel was the off focus change. That's actually good. 

AR gets easier untill the next defensive mythic is released and we start facing 7 unit defense teams

4 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Not everyone thinks Aether Raids as it was to be a fun mode though, and based on the amount of players who seem to avoid the mode altogether at least on this forum, I think Aether Raids might be the least popular PvP mode. Reducing the amount of required play by half and implementing Auto-Dispatch maybe was not enough.

I do agree Arena Assault needs a bit of quality of life improvement too. I used to rank in the 8,000 to 9,000, but I guess due to players neglecting the mode, I was able to move up quite a bit into the 6,000 to 7,000 range often, despite my Team 1 not changing much outside of getting new Weapon Refinements. At least not many people seem to skip the mode entirely, unlike Aether Raids.