FEH channel is up! Dec 8

Vicious Sal

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about the implications for AR defense scoring, it does make offense teams stronger and less willing to forfeit, but it also means players may be more willing to sacrifice a unit to get into a decent position. Also, there will be more weak players in higher tiers. So it could balance out.

@Ice Dragon, @Niddo, @Florete. I tested Galeforce on Reginn! Bad news is that Canto indeed only works once per turn. Good news is that Canto is AFTER Galeforce! So now you have the option of either getting an extra kill or retreating in Aether Raids during the second action. To make Canto trigger after Galeforce though, Reginn still needs to attack or Assist to trigger it though.

Edited by XRay

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

@Ice Dragon, @Niddo, @Florete. I tested Galeforce on Reginn! Bad news is that Canto indeed only works once per turn. Good news is that Canto is AFTER Galeforce! So now you have the option of either getting an extra kill or retreating in Aether Raids during the second action. To make Canto trigger after Galeforce though, Reginn still needs to attack or Assist to trigger it though.

So the Canto condition is when she uses an attack or assist and it would cause her to move to the "finished moving" state (rather than being immediately refreshed), once per turn. 

That's useful, good find!

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Ah, nice. Thanks for testing. So the "condition" was the one for Canto to trigger and not Galeforce. (Forgot Canto had a condition because it was so lenient.)

9 hours ago, Rinco said:

AR gets easier untill the next defensive mythic is released and we start facing 7 unit defense teams

The 7th unit is on standby until at least one unit dies on the defense team. It still starts as a 6v6.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Not everyone thinks Aether Raids as it was to be a fun mode though, and based on the amount of players who seem to avoid the mode altogether at least on this forum, I think Aether Raids might be the least popular PvP mode. Reducing the amount of required play by half and implementing Auto-Dispatch maybe was not enough.

I do agree Arena Assault needs a bit of quality of life improvement too. I used to rank in the 8,000 to 9,000, but I guess due to players neglecting the mode, I was able to move up quite a bit into the 6,000 to 7,000 range often, despite my Team 1 not changing much outside of getting new Weapon Refinements. At least not many people seem to skip the mode entirely, unlike Aether Raids.

And I'm not saying everyone has to think that way. I could throw the same logic back at you, some people on this forum might disagree with me, I am in a discord where out of 2000+ people, so far none have praised the changes to AR. And 80% of those people are T27 players. That's a sizeable chunk of the people that are directly affected by this. 
If people don't want to play the mode, increase auto dispatch amounts, because that's how you satisfy people that don't want to play. Now you've pissed of your top ranking player base, who actually try to do something with the ranking system that IS put in place, and suddenly, achieving those ranks is a menial and meaningless task. There's no challenge left in this game.

Talked about the story in the book 5 discussion. Don't care about the new heroes. Now the update. The 2% thing is really useful, essentially every off focus 5* lowers focus and non focus pity rate by 1% respectively that's really helpful. This makes new hero banners pretty much the only ones worth summoning on, spark, 4* focus, 2% rule and tickets. Then come seasonals that lack tickets and sparking however they really have unique 4* and now perhaps we will always have sparks in them as well (if people pull in the winter banner then they might add it permanently on them and save seasonals). However, legend and mythics are painfully bad. Horrendous rates, colour sharing between 3 units, the lack of sparking and the outdated pre Azura Legends that need an update so that they won't screw players by merely existing. All these things makes them very bad however, I need LEdelgard merges and a single Freyja so I have no choice, also the AR update makes mythics mandatory so they need to do something about about these banners. 

Now the AR update, Offense is a joke and defense is a nightmare. I doubt players that weren't playing AR will start playing the mode because of these changes. So the only purpose they have is to sell all the mythics even the bad ones. Offense now becomes braindead, send a LeLeif or a NiLyn for example, take two kills and even if they die who cares. Now, defense becomes pretty garbage. Essentially every week a different setup will be needed and of course it won't be that optimal because being forced to run someone like Sothis, or Lif and Yune, Duma (when unbuilt) instead of, Triandra, Bramimond, Hel, Thrasir, Mira (for me at least) hurts performance quite a lot and the bonus mythic is mandatory. Also the role of defence becomes much harder as even if you take a kill it won't be enough and you have to take 2+ to actually do something. Lack Plum, Freyja, Yune and Lif as far as mythics go so I don't have a big problem I think but I believe that's lots of players might face difficulties with the mythic requirements. The new mythic type is also fine and a nice way to spice things up now that the original rotation is over pretty much over. 

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Now you've pissed of your top ranking player base, who actually try to do something with the ranking system that IS put in place, and suddenly, achieving those ranks is a menial and meaningless task. There's no challenge left in this game.

To be fair, if you’re interested in AR for the challenge, you can choose to pretend this new mechanic doesn’t exist. If you’re in it for the rewards, it’s probably a good idea to quit anyway.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

Not everyone thinks Aether Raids as it was to be a fun mode though, and based on the amount of players who seem to avoid the mode altogether at least on this forum, I think Aether Raids might be the least popular PvP mode. Reducing the amount of required play by half and implementing Auto-Dispatch maybe was not enough.

I do agree Arena Assault needs a bit of quality of life improvement too. I used to rank in the 8,000 to 9,000, but I guess due to players neglecting the mode, I was able to move up quite a bit into the 6,000 to 7,000 range often, despite my Team 1 not changing much outside of getting new Weapon Refinements. At least not many people seem to skip the mode entirely, unlike Aether Raids.

Count me as one of those that ignores it outright.  It's not that I can't win, it's that it takes far too much time.  And with the changes, I might touch it once a month.  Maybe.

I haven't shared my thoughts... in short:

Summoning changes are nice but I hope I don't see the % change in effect lol I wouldn't wanna go that high anyway.

The new book... Reginn looks cute, I love Yusuke and I'm glad he is back. I also LOVE the Brothers!! They're great designs... can i summon them please, IS?! They're so cool looking!!

The music and aesthetic is already more hype for me than fairies, no offense.

I am SO glad Selena is in the game!! BASE FORM!!

Excited for the winter units... nervous about my orbs lol

I finally got to the point of being settled with AR that I now regularly end the week tied for 1st place, and now they have to go and screw around with it again! Let's see...

So that blue aura behind the mythics on the bonus list means they are the ones that allow you to lose one unit without penalty on offense, or lose 20 less points on defense? Here is the big question: does that still apply if those units are in the "extra" slot that can only be filled via the new mythics like Reginn?

I dislike being forced to use a unit like Freyja when I already had a +10 Eir, Peony, and Mila. But if putting a unit like Freyja in the extra slot (once a light mythic with the new effect arrives) will make things less painful if that still gives the one-loss-protection bonus.

Apparently a character in that slot does not affect scoring, does it affect anything else? Would having another mythic in that slot still give blessed units the extra HP/other stat?