Ideas for Pokemon Warriors (a Warriors Spinoff similar to Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors)

King Marth 64

Since Nintendo is still doing collaberations with Koei Tecmo doing a Warriors spinoff with the Zelda franchise with Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and Fire Emblem franchise with Fire Emblem Warriors. What are your thoughts if Koei Tecmo did a Warriors Spinoff from the Pokemon Franchise?

In my head idea of what the Pokemon Warriors looks like, this is what I came up with so far:

1. I do think they might keep some of the mechanics from Hyrule Warriors series and Fire Emblem Warriors and add some of the recurring mechanics from the mainline Pokemon series.
  2. I think the enemy of the Pokemon warriors series had to be a Villain Team who is more powerful than the other Villain Teams from any Pokemon games. They're objective is to destroy the entire world of Pokemon and all the remaining trainers and allied Pokemon will have to fight on to save the world that be similar to like the Soldiers from Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors.
  3. I think the players moves the Pokemon Trainers while using any attack button to send the Pokemon to attack the opponents. I do think the humans in Pokemon Warriors will get knocked down as well. I do think we could see some higher members acting as the Captains of the Forts.
  4. You choose any Pokemon in your specific teams.
  5. I do think Pokemon Warriors will get maybe around two new playable Trainers introduced in this game and the rest is legacy characters similar to like the Rowan and Lianna situation from Fire Emblem Warriors.
  6. I think HM Moves will be unlocked in specific areas instead of permately used in the party's Pokemon.
  7. I think the Legacy Pokemon Trainers that will be encountered as enemies such as Red, Ethan, Blue, etc. will might get brainwashed by the evil Team Members and you just unlock one of them by beating them similar to like you fight the the legacy characters when you encountered them in Fire Emblem Warriors.

What are your thoughts on how Pokemon Warriors should be handled if Koei Tecmo decides to make a Warriors spinoff from the Pokemon series?

Edited by King Marth 64

Funny, you mention this, become already did a collaboration with Koei Techmo: Pokemon Conquest. It was Pokemon but you'd have one associated with each historical figure. Battles would be on a grid, and you would move Pokemon across that grid. It was actually extremely similar to Fire Emblem- In fact, if this game hadn't existed, Tokyo Mirage Sessions would have been proposed as a Pokemon x Fire Emblem crossover. 

This game was really good though. Its a gem among spinoffs for Pokemon. If you are a fan of Fire Emblem and Pokemon, you'll love this game. Heck, I loved this game, and even I wasn't a fan of Fire Emblem back then. Shame there was never a sequel though, despite being hinted. 

As for your proposal, well I definitely think that Pokemon has the potential for this genre, it seems that TPC is more busy with mobile games ( Looks at Pokemon League of Legends ).

I imagine Pokemon themselves would be the player characters and enemy units, while the Trainers speak from the sidelines. That said, this would be a prime opportunity to bring back a lot of the series' protagonists, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champions. Each one could have a signature Pokemon or a handful of Pokemon you can choose as your "warrior".

Spoiler
  • OC - Pikachu, Eevee, Mewtwo
  • Red - Charizard, Jolteon
  • Blue - Blastoise, Flareon
  • Green - Venusaur, Vaporeon
  • Brock - Golem, Aerodactyl
  • Misty - Starmie, Gyarados
  • Sabrina - Alakazam
  • Giovanni - Rhydon, Nidoking, Nidoqueen
  • Bruno - Machamp
  • Lance - Dragonite
  • Ethan - Typhlosion, Raikou
  • Kris - Suicune
  • Lyra - Meganium, Ampharos
  • Silver - Feraligatr, Crobat, Entei
  • Karen - Sneasel, Murkrow, Houndoom
  • May - Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert
  • Wally - Gallade
  • Wallace - Milotic
  • Steven Stone - Metagross
  • Lucas - Torterra, Leafeon, 
  • Dawn - Empoleon, Glaceon, Lopunny
  • Barry - Infernape,
  • Gardenia - Roserade
  • Cynthia - Garchomp
  • Hilda - Serperior, Emboar, Samurott
  • Elesa - Zebstrika
  • Iris - Haxorus
  • N - Reshiram, Zekrom
  • Ghetsis - Hydreigon, Genesect
  • Calem - Greninja
  • Serena - Delphox
  • Shauna - Chesnaught
  • Korrina - Lucario, Hawlucha
  • Valerie - Sylveon
  • Malva - Talonflame
  • Diantha - Gardevoir
  • Elios - Incineroar
  • Selene - Decidueye
  • Hau - Primarina
  • Gloria - Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon, Ponyta, Zacian
  • Wes & Rui - Espeon, Umbreon

As for plot, how about a new generation of Cipher emerges in Orre, hiring Team Rocket to steal Pokemon from other regions to create a new army of Shadow Pokemon? Oh, but the plan doesn't stop there: They also seek to harness the Mega Stones of Kalos and the Dynamax phenomenon of Galar, combining all three to create giant Mega-evolved SHADOW POKEMON. And the Pokemon they most want to use for the experiment? MEWTWO.

Of course, other Teams and Legendaries get involved in the plot, as well. The majority of bosses would be the big Legendaries of each generation: Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Zacian, and Zamazenta.

• 4 weeks later...

On the one hand, it would be cool to see the Gym Leaders, Champions, etc. but on the other, a Pokemon Warriors game where the Pokemon themselves talk would also be cool. Maybe do both? One Pokemon Warriors with Trainers, and one without.