Fire Emblem Bad Units Run

I'm kinda tempted to do a bad units run of a Fire Emblem game (pretty self explanatory, a run of an FE game where I can only use bad units)

I'm not sure what game(s) would be the best and worst ones to do though so like, if I could get ideas that would be epic

Binding blade has a ton of so called terrible units among its huge roster. Doing it on the highest difficulty will definitely prove to be a huge challenge.

As for specifics: The axe bros at the start are terrible (axes in general are really bad in this game). Barst is one of the worst armor knights in the series, And of course using your theif trio as combat units

Wendy, Garret, Bors, and Dorothy are also really bad.

Binding blade honestly has one of the most unbalanced rosters in the series.

Edited by Faellin

My main reservation with Binding Blade is that boss killing without Rutger is an absolute nightmare (I did a draft once [it was on Normal] and boy were some of those bosses tough to kill without Rutger, at least until I could get Shanna going, but Shanna would also be banned in a bad units run)

Also in relation to what you said, combat Astore is honestly okay though combat Chad and Cath are rip

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Binding blade has a ton of so called terrible units among its huge roster. Doing it on the highest difficulty will definitely prove to be a huge challenge.

As for specifics: The axe bros at the start are terrible (axes in general are really bad in this game). Barst is one of the worst armor knights in the series, And of course using your theif trio as combat units

Wendy, Garret, Bors, and Dorothy are also really bad.

Binding blade honestly has one of the most unbalanced rosters in the series.

You do know Radiant Dawn exists, right? You want unbalance, look no further.

RD is pretty tough to begin with, so only using the bad units may be more than a bit grueling, so it's not recommended. But if you want a challenge-mode of a run, then go for it. Assuming you can play RD, of course. Wii emulation is a pain from what I hear.

1 hour ago, L3xandr3 said:

You do know Radiant Dawn exists, right? You want unbalance, look no further.

RD is pretty tough to begin with, so only using the bad units may be more than a bit grueling, so it's not recommended. But if you want a challenge-mode of a run, then go for it. Assuming you can play RD, of course. Wii emulation is a pain from what I hear.

Honestly on "Easy" RD doesn't seem like it would be too terrible for this kind of run, though on "Normal" and "Hard" it sounds painful

Though I'm not super knowledgeable on tiering RD so I'd probably have to get that from someone rip

Shadow dragon has a whole slew of units both good and bad, so that would work. I think that New Mystery does as well. Yubello for everyone!

A conquest (Or Birthriht) Generics only run also works, I think IIRC another user here did a Lunatic Generics run a little while back.

Berwick Saga's cast is super balanced, but I suppose that you could use weaker combat units only.

Sacred Stones is a pretty fun game to only use weak units on, actually. That's one I can recommend from experience.

FE6 would be pretty tough using bad units only, but a lot of the cast is severely underrated, so it might not be as bad as you think. (I would suggest using Deke to kill bosses until with the armorslayer until Ogier joins, though. Using Fir would also probably be a good idea even though she's not strictly "bad".)

A game that is fairly easy to do a "Bad Unit Run" is probably The Blazing Blade (At least on Eliwood Normal/Hard Mode) a decent amount of the units in the game from one i've seen are span from Good to Below Average, even the ones people consider to be real bad are still fairly useable.

An interesting run would definitely be a "Volunteer Only Run" (The Generic Units you get if you lose to many units) in Shadow Dragon, due to how horrible those units are.

7 hours ago, TeeGeeThree said:

An interesting run would definitely be a "Volunteer Only Run" (The Generic Units you get if you lose to many units) in Shadow Dragon, due to how horrible those units are.

Yeah, they're pretty Auffle.

A lot of good suggestions here, but a large part depends on taste. Do you want to make a hard game (FE6, RD, CQ) even harder, or add challenge to an easy game (FE7-EM, FE8, BR)? Do you want the characters to still be interesting, or do you not mind personality-free names-with-faces (SD)? Good luck, in whatever you choose!

• 2 weeks later...