Grand Hero Battle - Caellach: Tiger Eye

Diovani Bressan

Well, I expected it to be worse, but then again I made it easier with a flying squad in Lunatic.

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with Ewan, EphraiLyon, Gerik and Tethys and Lunatic cleared with Aversa, Seteth, Mininerva and L!Azura (her first GHB. I'll be more likely to use her in MHBs, but she's low on HM compared to Peony/Brinian).

@Flying Shogi Dang, nice team of fliers. I assume this is your haul from the double special banner? I didn't have orbs to spare on that unfortunately, and my luck was meh too. Caeda erased everything.

Threw together a team of Shamir, whom I recently gave Deadeye to, and decided to throw in the latest Mythics. Everyone's pretty broken, but I ended up using everyone's gimmicks in cool ways. Could be a Tactics Drill lol.

@Alexmender @Diovani Bressan @LordFrigid @Landmaster @Sasori

This was an easy map to one-turn. At first I thought it would be too much work in doinf a player phase clear, so I just throw Claude and Nowi on them... but then I saw that it was not that bad.

Enemy Phase clear:

Player Phase Clear:

@Maaka @daisy jane @BoaFerox @mcsilas @DarkAlf @Sasori @LordFrigid @Landmaster

@Flying Shogi Caeda just destroyed everyone in the end. Feather Sword is just that good!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Both Reginn and Freyja are pretty godo cavalry units, with a lot of power. Triandra is a pretty good dancer with her Guard debuffing (personally, I use Plumeria more than Triandra since she buffs and debuffs, while Triandra only debuffs). And Shamir is so good with her sweep effect and now with Deadeye, making her even more deadly. That was a pretty good clear.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Flying Shogi Dang, nice team of fliers. I assume this is your haul from the double special banner? I didn't have orbs to spare on that unfortunately, and my luck was meh too. Caeda erased everything.

Yep. I wanted to showcase them in some way since the banner.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Threw together a team of Shamir, whom I recently gave Deadeye to, and decided to throw in the latest Mythics. Everyone's pretty broken, but I ended up using everyone's gimmicks in cool ways. Could be a Tactics Drill lol.

A true Tactics Drill would have had you initiate with Freya next to an adjacent ally.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:38 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

This was an easy map to one-turn. At first I thought it would be too much work in doinf a player phase clear, so I just throw Claude and Nowi on them... but then I saw that it was not that bad.

Yeah, this map looks intimidating but starting out at the lower left corner of the map gives a lot of room to work with given the open space. Might be just me but Nowi's breath is a bit slow for my liking.

Edited by Flying Shogi

7 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Yeah, this map looks intimidating but starting out at the lower left corner of the map gives a lot of room to work with given the open space. Might be just me but Nowi's breath is a bit slow for my liking.

The animation, you mean? Yeah. it is, compared to the fast animations of Lightning Breath or the Water Breath that I had before.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The animation, you mean? Yeah. it is, compared to the fast animations of Lightning Breath or the Water Breath that I had before.

Lightning Breath is still on the slower end for me. I want breath animations to be as fast as that of Nah/Fae's breath.

On 12/9/2020 at 6:14 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Alexmender @Diovani Bressan @LordFrigid @Landmaster @Sasori

Oh. Nice shiny new units. Shamir's sheer offensive power in particular impressed me. I was a bit confused how Cealach did't one shot any longer, but that guard status effect explained it.

@Diovani Bressan: Nice to see you getting some good use out of Nowi's refine. She was really not threatened at all at all those units that attacked her.

The other clear was neat too. Odd choice in life or death for Veronica. Is that for wings of mercy shenenigans?
-----

I had a bit more trouble with this one. Tobin could't take very well in this map and Fiora's 41 speed wasn't really cutting it in this map. My mercs and Tobin team did eventually take this one though. I believe this is the first time I brought Ewan along for a clear.

@Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @Maaka

On 12/10/2020 at 12:02 PM, Flying Shogi said:

A true Tactics Drill would had you initiate with Freya next to an adjacent ally.

True.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:38 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Both Reginn and Freyja are pretty godo cavalry units, with a lot of power. Triandra is a pretty good dancer with her Guard debuffing (personally, I use Plumeria more than Triandra since she buffs and debuffs, while Triandra only debuffs). And Shamir is so good with her sweep effect and now with Deadeye, making her even more deadly. That was a pretty good clear.

Yeah, I don't see myself using Triandra very often compared to Peony and Plumeria. Mirabilis also seems stronger.

Wow, Forma Claude with Blade Session. Didn't expect him to just ORKO Caellach like that. Nowi's new refine is great for her too. Pirate Vero is so strong.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:49 AM, Sasori said:

I had a bit more trouble with this one. Tobin could't take very well in this map and Fiora's 41 speed wasn't really cutting it in this map. My mercs and Tobin team did eventually take this one though. I believe this is the first time I brought Ewan along for a clear.

A bunch of rare units here indeed. That's a pretty impressive Tobin for sure. Fiora also doesn't get much love because she's 5* locked. Ewan is perfect for destroying Caellach in this game, even if not so much in Sacred Stones lol.

Two clears this time~

Elise as usual~

And the Fairies~

Youtube chose the thumbnail, don't judge me~ Neither was too hard with some Skill swapping and positioning.

Time to catch up~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Shamir with Deadeye is just evil. She and Reginn are just actual machine guns ft. Freyja’s laser beam horn.

@Diovani Bressan - I thought this would be hard to one-turn on player phase but I guess not if you just use Leif~ Also yaaass Nowi's refine!!

@Sasori - Poor Ewan took such a beating, but good choice of tome to stay healed up. He ended up taking down most of the map. Good work!

Hoh, been a while since I last posted here, but I got the urge to share some clears so here I am.

I did Caellach in one turn. I recently gave Velouria Time's Pulse, and she turned out to be perfect for getting past Caellach's Guard. I also got to test out the power of Tana's newly obtained ninja spear, and it did not disappoint.

I was also planning to do a clear with Joshua and Sacred Stones units against Caellach, but after not finding a good solution after some tries I decided to just go with Summer Joshua plus other summer SS units and give Caellach a bit of a shock. This desert might as well be a beach, right?

@SatsumaFSoysoy Reginn sure is a fun one to use. Canto is very nice for poking and running away. Shamir was quite a bit of an overkill in a lot of those match ups and Freyja had no issues as expected. Nice clear!

@Diovani Bressan Already using your new toys I see. Nowi and Claude both did pretty well in the enemy phase clear. Actually rather surprised pirate Veronica took so much damage, but I guess you did have life and death on her. Nice use of axe breaker to quad Caellach with Leif. Great clears!

@Sasori Ooo the conch bouquet on Ewan is pretty neat! Interesting that he had a bond skill and solo skill on. Guess both of them came in handy. That ignis from Tobin was quite nice as well. Great job!

@Landmaster Glad to see the Elise squad destroying people as usual. Although, they took quite a bit of damage in the process. Scared me as usual when you left healer Elise in range of that cav at the end. The fairy clear was cool as well! Triandra really packs a punch. She took down Caellach pretty easily.

@BoaFerox Great use of Velouria and time's pulse in your first clear. That dive bomb quadding Tana is really scary, poor Caellach didn't deserve that beating. Nice job on the sacred stones clear as well. Blade tome vantage is always great to see. Good to see Innes killing that lance flier for hurting his sister as well even though Tana did most of the work. Awesome clears!

Completely forgot to post my clear. Odd Tempest came in handy again and the ninja weapons help out quite a bit as well. Thought I was going to need null follow up on spring Bartre for that red mage, but just decided to make him flex a bit harder and one-shot both the mage and Caellach.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:08 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Shamir with Deadeye is just evil. She and Reginn are just actual machine guns ft. Freyja’s laser beam horn.

Yeah, I'm quite happy with Shamir. She will help me take down many Water season blues.

Elises handled that easily as expected. That fairy clear is quite impressive, though. I figured one of them would dance (makes sense to be Peony), but I didn't think the only other movement Assist would be Repo on Mirabilis. These restrictions you put on yourself always make me reflect about how much I use dancers and stuff; your positioning is far better than mine. Anyway, Triandra's offensive power is amazing, as are Mirabilis and Plumeria's tanking. I have all of the fairies too, so maybe I could try something like this in the future.

16 hours ago, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Reginn sure is a fun one to use. Canto is very nice for poking and running away. Shamir was quite a bit of an overkill in a lot of those match ups and Freyja had no issues as expected. Nice clear!

Freyja is honestly not as durable as I'd think, but then again I have yet to give her a healing Special.

Bunny Bartre does it again. Exact lethal too.

@Landmaster Rescue seems like a real cool tool in Elise's kit. It works wonders in both healing and getting people out of range. Other then that they where the same offensive powerhouses as ever.

The fairy squid did great too. I believe this is the first time i've ever seen you use a dance skill. Or at least first in a long time.

@Maaka Oh first time I noticed odd tempest isn't a skill thats locked to Dimitri. I can see how the extra reach makes one turning a good deal easier. Cool to see that red mage getting one shotted too. He was the  biggest headache during my runs. 

• 1 month later...