December 2020/January 2021 Event Calendar

NSSKG151

Mostly expected stuff, but Frontline Phalanx and Pawns of Loki are both back, and Pawns of Loki is split up this time. That's interesting.

One of the NY reruns seems to be missing, I wonder if that's an error or if it's just later than they wanted to bother showing. There's also no Double Special Heroes.

I'm not even going to try making predictions for the Chill, Luna, or Draconic Aura banners.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

We should be getting the trailer for this year's winter/Christmas Special Heroes banner next week, nice. Definitely did not expect to see another New Heroes banner so soon, though. I wonder which game it'll represent.

We've always gotten a New Heroes banner in early January.

I'm hoping for FE4, personally. Or Three Houses, so maybe Felix and Marianne will get in before CYL5.

Edited by Othin

I wish we knew what that GHB on the far right is - I wonder if IS caught wind folks were guessing the new heroes game fairly reliably with those and deleted the title, lmao.  Other than that, it's just 3H and FE13 ... which, i mean, it could be those.

3 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

I wish we knew what that GHB on the far right is - I wonder if IS caught wind folks were guessing the new heroes game fairly reliably with those and deleted the title, lmao.  Other than that, it's just 3H and FE13 ... which, i mean, it could be those.

Only BHBs have heavily hinted which game was the focus for New Hero banners and only when the New Hero banner was in the latter half of the month. When New Hero Banners are at the beginning of the month it is always a mystery which game is going to be the focus since the two characters for the new BHB isn't known yet.

Personally I think the January New Hero Banner will be Echoes or Thracia, maybe even Genealogy.

11 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Or TMS or Echoes. 

for Draconic Aura - I'm predicting Catherine (and 2 others) Duo Ephraim has draconic aura. so that would be interesting
For Chills - Jill could be there (and 2 others but not brave Claude)
For  Luna who knows. everyone who has Luna is a repeater at first glance.

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

We've always gotten a New Heroes banner in early January.

I'm hoping for FE4, personally. Or Three Houses, so maybe Felix and Marianne will get in before CYL5.

Do we? Huh, I don't remember.

I'm thinking it'll probably be either Echoes, Genealogy, or Thracia. I feel like it's been a long time since we got one of those. I'd be happy with pretty much any game, though. The only game I really don't want is TMS, ever again.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

One of the NY reruns seems to be missing, I wonder if that's an error or if it's just later than they wanted to bother showing.

I remember someone mention some time back one of the summer or refresher banner reruns was massively delayed but I can't remember if that situation stayed that way.

I feel like I'm gonna forget about Pawn's of Loki with them splitting up the rounds into different weeks but we'll see.

Edited by Flying Shogi

13 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Do we? Huh, I don't remember.

I'm thinking it'll probably be either Echoes, Genealogy, or Thracia. I feel like it's been a long time since we got one of those. I'd be happy with pretty much any game, though. The only game I really don't want is TMS, ever again.

that is fair that you don't like it but there are a lot of people who 
A: like TMS and 
B want to play with them in the game. 

and for those two reasons alone. that should be considered as well as anything else irregardless if some people don't "count" them as Fire Emblem for insert whatever reason. 

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that is fair that you don't like it but there are a lot of people who 
A: like TMS and 
B want to play with them in the game. 

and for those two reasons alone. that should be considered as well as anything else irregardless if some people don't "count" them as Fire Emblem for insert whatever reason. 

That's cool, but I still don't want it ever again.

*sees schedule* *sighs* I don't hate Pawns of Loki. I liked it. What I don't like is when IS replaces modes instead of letting them run simultaneously. GC and RS have their own stamina, when PoL have  unlimited retries, it's perfectly possible to let them run simultaneously. the game lack contents as there is.....

So, is no one going to comment on Eirika being used in a BHB for a third time Lyon being picked for the BHB? I know he has his fallen alt in the summoning pool, but it could be his GHB version. That, and that BHB banner could also be a potential banner for Duo Ephraim to appear on.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

For  Luna who knows. everyone who has Luna is a repeater at first glance.

Dieck and Knoll definitely aren't, but both will probably be absent anyways due to being a bit too recent (especially Knoll). That aside, Edelgard and Ced plus Catria and Frederick have never been used for a skill banner. All those two have gotten aside from their original banner (and its re-run) and a Legendary banner appearance is a BHB banner and a VG banner (that was all green, no less) respectively.

52 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The only game I really don't want is TMS, ever again.

Yeah, I feel entirely the same. TMS is as much of a Fire Emblem game as any Super Smash Bros. (except 64) game is as far as I'm concerned.

45 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I feel entirely the same. TMS is as much of a Fire Emblem game as any Super Smash Bros. (except 64) game is as far as I'm concerned.

So, you're saying TMS is unimaginably fundamental to FE's existence?😜

Your simile is flawed. Remember, it's Melee that turned Faia Emuberumu into Fire Emblem. And to this day, it's the major reason Red Marth has any popularity in the West, BindRemake isn't until 2022 or 2030.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Your simile is flawed.

No, it’s not. They are both games that contain Fire Emblem characters, but play nothing like nor feel anything like a Fire Emblem game. That is what I based it off of.

19 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

IS doesn't care one bit whether you or anyone consider TMS a fire emblem game. They themselves consider it one, so it is one.

my hope is that we get a Sparkable TMS banner next year - and then this 2021's dancers are also TMS based. that would be good enough for me. Itsuki x Tsubasa dance duo please.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So, is no one going to comment on Eirika being used in a BHB for a third time Lyon being picked for the BHB? I know he has his fallen alt in the summoning pool, but it could be his GHB version. That, and that BHB banner could also be a potential banner for Duo Ephraim to appear on.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we see Mage Eirika and Fallen Lyon. Just because regular Eirika is a 3-4 star almost launch unit and regular Lyon is a grail unit.

Also, I actually did not realize that this is the third time Eirika was used as a BHB unit. Come on FEH, other characters exist in Sacred Stones outside of relation to Eirika and Ephraim.

Edited by Sunwoo

This month Flame Emperor will be +10 (my 3rd +10), still need 4 flowers though and a new fighter skill (like slick or crafty) but the hard part is the merges and that's done. 

Now about banners I will wait until the new year to see what all the banners (winter, Legend, NY) have to offer like potential sparks or tickets and the units themselves in order to decide the one to summon. NY might have a book 4 OC alt, Winter most likely Felix and Legend, Plum, Reginn and hopefully the brave Lords. 

Weird how Pawns of Loki is split up but hopefully that means that we won't have player made teams. 

7 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Only BHBs have heavily hinted which game was the focus for New Hero banners and only when the New Hero banner was in the latter half of the month. When New Hero Banners are at the beginning of the month it is always a mystery which game is going to be the focus since the two characters for the new BHB isn't known yet.

Personally I think the January New Hero Banner will be Echoes or Thracia, maybe even Genealogy.

A long time ago, there were calendars where they announced the GHB unit, I remember Valter and Jamke revealing their corresponding banners that way. But it's not a thing anymore.

7 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I remember someone mention some time back one of the summer or refresher banner reruns was massively delayed but I can't remember if that was the situation stayed that way.

I feel like I'm gonna forget about Pawn's of Loki with them splitting up the rounds into different weeks but we'll see.

I remember a summer one getting pushed past the New Heroes banner at the end of the schedule, but the rerun still showed up on the calendar. And in that case it was the oldest one, while this time it isn't. I think they've always been having the oldest reruns last.

6 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

*sees schedule* *sighs* I don't hate Pawns of Loki. I liked it. What I don't like is when IS replaces modes instead of letting them run simultaneously. GC and RS have their own stamina, when PoL have  unlimited retries, it's perfectly possible to let them run simultaneously. the game lack contents as there is.....

Huh, yeah, for once we don't have either of them.

Personally I'm glad, I don't want too many events running at once because I feel compelled to win all of them, and that can take a lot of time. Especially GC, with how grindy and repetitive it is. RS at least lets you get all the rewards fast.

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

IS doesn't care one bit whether you or anyone consider TMS a fire emblem game. They themselves consider it one, so it is one.

Yeah, I can get on board with not wanting more games introduced to Heroes' lineup, but now that TMS is on it, I don't think it'd make sense for them to cut it off.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if we see Mage Eirika and Fallen Lyon. Just because regular Eirika is a 3-4 star almost launch unit and regular Lyon is a grail unit.

Also, I actually did not realize that this is the third time Eirika was used as a BHB unit. Come on FEH, other characters exist in Sacred Stones outside of relation to Eirika and Ephraim.

As far as I know, BHBs have always stuck to characters from the regular summoning pool, not grail units. Duo Ephraim is a unique situation so who knows if he'd be an exception, but I think Fallen Lyon is a safe bet, and Mage Eirika to go with him. Which raises questions about what sort of dialogue that would have.

And huh, that's odd.

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

As far as I know, BHBs have always stuck to characters from the regular summoning pool, not grail units. Duo Ephraim is a unique situation so who knows if he'd be an exception, but I think Fallen Lyon is a safe bet, and Mage Eirika to go with him. Which raises questions about what sort of dialogue that would have.

And huh, that's odd.

I hope it's "OG Lyon & Eirika BHB" and that they start to use grail units in BHBs. Having these units that can't participate because they are grail units is kinda sad.

It could create new options... like "Xander & Veronica BHB" with Xander and Brave Veronica. Others would be: Navarre & Phina, Katarian & Clarisse, Naesala & Leanne, Panne & Yarne, Haar & Jill, Celica and Conrad...

The banner could have the summonable unit of the two, plus two relate units... I wouldn't mind it. The first BHB, Alm & Celica, had Clair, Lukas and Genny on the banner.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

No, it’s not. They are both games that contain Fire Emblem characters, but play nothing like nor feel anything like a Fire Emblem game. That is what I based it off of.

Take a joke, you'll live longer.😝

I wasn't seriously advocating for Smash in FEH, I was merely continuing my above jest with a little more truthful detail. I know what you actually meant.

Legendary Banner and two Winter Reruns (Gifts of Winter and Glorious Gifts) at the same day... I wonder if it's possible for us to get tickets for these 3 banners, like we did last year.

I would also like tickets for this year's Winter banner... it would make the first spark cheaper.