Your most wanted 2021 Resplendents

Fabulously Olivier

I don't really pull for a lot of the Gen1-Gen2 gang, so a bit fuzzy here, but...

• Soren (Hel) - Barring the fact Soren's probably going to get an older alt that hints at his bloodlines (both Daein and Goldoan) due to popularity, having it reflected in a sick ass Hel outfit would be nice, and his stats sure could use the boost.  Would +10.
  • Navarre (any) - Sure could use the stat upgrade and going in a totally different direction like steampunk would be a neat twist on one of FE's classic OG archetypes.
  • Titania (Musspel) - That red/gold/white would look kickass, and she'd be another +10 that i've neglected because of shitty stats currently.
  • Naesala (Nifl or however you spell that ice kingdom) - Given how many times he joins you / fights you on a snowy map, I have the ice association with him and think he'd look rad there.
  • Valter (Hel/dark fairy) - pure bias reasons, but him being in a lewd fairy costume would make me crack up audibly.

Personally I never spent a cent on the pass, or anything for that matter. But I still like seeing the updated arts. As for who I want to see get it most: Seliph and Katarina

I feel both could benefit greatly from the added stats. And their art isn't really the best by todays standards.

Seliph would look pretty cool in askr garb. And Katarina I feel is a perfect fit for embla garb.

Edited by Faellin

On 1/19/2021 at 7:39 PM, kradeelav said:

Soren (Hel) - Barring the fact Soren's probably going to get an older alt that hints at his bloodlines (both Daein and Goldoan) due to popularity, having it reflected in a sick ass Hel outfit would be nice, and his stats sure could use the boost.  Would +10.

See, I think that him being a dark fairy actually suits him a lot better. The dark fairies come from abused/neglected childhoods, and Soren's backstory fits that perfectly, especially with how bitter, distrustful, and all-around emotionally unbalanced he turned out because of it.

Hel characters, however, tend to have some sort of loss of sanity attached to them (Takumi kind of drove himself nuts with his paranoia and inferiority complex, Robin was raised to be a zealot and sacrifice, Lif lost his sanity when his Askr was destroyed, etc.) So, dark fairies have misfortune, but Hel characters have their minds ravaged a lot more (and maybe die. Death is definitely a trend here. Eldigan, Robin (depending on which one you're talking about), and I think that depending on the route you take in Fates, Takumi, all have plot-related deaths in their home games.)

RD spoilers:

Spoiler

As such, I think that a Hel Pelleas would make a better Hel resplendent, not that he's in the game yet. It would especially be something if he was a dagger unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Askr: Camilla, Clair, Felicia, Laegjarn, Loki, Oboro, Plumeria, and Selena.

Except for Laegjarn, Loki, and Plumeria, these characters express wanting to wear or liking the outfits of the Order of Heroes and I think they would probably look good in Askran outfits too. That said, they might look too similar to some of their promoted classes like falcon knights in SoV wearing gold armor and white dresses or tunics is like the gold and white outfits of Askr. Laegjarn has a level up quote proclaiming herself as a general of your army and that made me wonder if she would want to truly be an Askran general, Loki wearing Askran clothing to troll makes sense, and Plumeria's desire to be a hero made me wish for her if and when resplendent or if she ever wins a CYL, for her design to be based on Askr.

Embla: Henry, Micaiah, Odin, Ophelia, and Reinhardt.

I couldn't think of many characters I would want to see in Emblian outfits. I remembered the black feathers which contrasts with Askran clothing having white feathers, so that made me think of Henry and his affinity with crows. The whole dark clothing I guess lead to Odin and Ophelia being here... I don't know why I listed Micaiah. Reinhardt's here to parallel his sister Olwen.

Nifl: Brunnya, Flora, Nephenee, Nils, and Ninian.

Similar to Embla, I couldn't think of many characters I would want to see in Nifl clothing. So, the people here were mainly shoehorned for their association with ice; Brunnya has Fimbulvetr, Flora is of the Ice Tribe, and Nils and Ninian are ice dragons and have ice affinities. Nephenee probably would look all right with her hair color complementing the blue-green thing of Nifl. I think that's what bothers me with Nifl and it's the blue. Azura's Nifl outfit using a deeper, darker blue and kanasebench's art style for Nifl Julia work for me, but then you have Caeda and Roy and I don't like their Nifl outfits, especially Roy's. Lyn's is all right where cuboon's softer coloring helps.

Múspell: Arvis, Ephraim, Rinkah, and Saizo.

They're associated with fire in some way. Surprised Ephraim hasn't gotten a resplendent yet. I guess Bantu, Edelgard, the Flame Emperor, Lilina, Saias, adult Tiki, and CYL or legendary Roy could be added here as well.

Hel: the Black Knight, Bramimond, Cherche, the Death Knight, Dimitri, Kronya, Legion, Nemesis.

Except for Cherche, I picked these characters thinking they could look really wicked and sinister in Hel forms. Suzuki Rika's Hel Eldigan looks amazing and that might be making me expect too much... The Black Knight, the Death Knight, and Legion wearing helmets or a mask in Legion's case make me think of Lif and how they could have their breath or eye trails which the Death Knight already has would be pretty cool. Kind of Bramimond as well, but they could take it further and have Bramimond's face be a void of darkness. Cherche I figured might find herself being a jelly skelly cute since she has to some, odd tastes in what she finds adorable. With how edgy Hel forms look, I guess Owain/Odin and Ophelia could work here as well.

Dökkálfheimr: Aversa, Deirdre, Marisa, and Naesala.

Not much to say about here. I couldn't think of many characters who would fit this theme for some reason. Aversa probably and maybe Deirdre for the mysterious, dark fairy vibes. Otherwise, Marisa's just here and Naesala's to pair with a ljósálfr Leanne; he'd be the Freyr to her Freyja except without the whole incest thing.

Ljósálfheimr: brainwashed Delthea, Elincia, Genny, Hawkeye, L'Arachel, Leanne, Mae, and Sumia.

When regular Delthea was announced for getting a resplendent and it was with as a dökkálfr, I felt like it would be funny if brainwashed Delthea was the opposite as a ljósálfr. Elincia, Genny, and Mae I don't really have a reason for putting them here and Hawkeye's just here for shits and giggles. Imagine it -- a big-ass, half-naked fairy-man with a huge axe. L'Arachel being a ljósálfr makes sense to complete the trio with Eirika and Tana and the fairies in general having flower motifs made me think of Sumia.

Niðavellir: Ashnard, Celica, Owain, Titania, and Walhart.

Someone drew art of Titania in a mech and it looked cool, so that's why she's here: https://twitter.com/Hakuramen/status/1355981363468402690.

With Ashnard, I'm imagining him deforming Rajaion by replacing his flesh with or fusing pieces of Niðavellir technology to further empower him. So, it's not just him riding a dragon mech. For Walhart, instead of riding his usual horse, him riding a red, metal lobster-looking mech would be pretty rad. Celica's just here I guess. Maybe I just want to see her in a bodysuit... Wait a minute... Let's add in Cherche, Marisa, Nephenee, Sonya, Ursula, and... Bartre, Hawkeye, Helbindi, and Surtr.

Surprise category: Eir. Eir is associated with Hel, but so far, all the characters from Hel or the three resplendent forms for Eldigan, M!Robin, and Takumi are jelly skellies. Except for Eir herself, nobody has been given clothing that resembles hers. It would be difficult since there is only one character to base it off of and it's not really that remarkable since you can write off Eir's design as gothic and call it a day compared to the other designs.

Lyon and kind of Sonya. Lyon's general sadness and the tattered ends of Eir's dress made me think a design based on her would work really well. Something where like Eir, his clothes look dignified, but if you look closely, he isn't taken care of as one would expect from a prince or time and his experiences and struggles have worn down on him which is reflected in his clothes being tattered. Sonya's in a weird spot for me where she's fashionable and stylish or gives off those feels, so I wasn't sure what would look really good for her. In this case, you could draw from her ending and association with witches where clothes based on Eir would be like her living alone and with a more somber look. I guess if you want to be cruel, Tailtiu can be here too. And there's Tharja for let's make her wear a gothic dress.

Edited by Kaden

I like that they use this system to give a slight boost to older characters but to me the art is the most attracting element of this thing IS does, i think it's a great way to add value to what is otherwise a mostly lacking service aside from the features that make grinding easier.

So far Eldigan is one of my absolute favorites, his design is amazing. I would like to see this sort of inspiration to keep coming (and less so like what they did for lucina which I didn't really like one bit, looks like a kid doing cosplay for a middle school play). Personally, i would like to see Lonqu, Adult Tiki, Deirdre, Itzuki, Walhart, and Micaiah, just to list a few.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kind of hard not breaking any supposed "rules" on how IS operates with these since it's been months since we've gotten a 4* resplendent and (as far as I'm aware anyway) artists don't repeat, so screw it.  Pure wish list incoming.

March 10th - Tailtiu
Artist: Kokon Konfuzi
Style: Nifl
March 25th - Amelia
Artist: Sachiko Wada
Style: Niðavellir
April 10th - Ephraim
Artist: Kita Senri
Style: Múspell
April 25th - Seliph
Artist: 
Suzuki Rika