lowkey always wanted to get laid but

♠Soul♠

funny story

Everytime I go on vacation and my friend's family rents this big house, my friend's aunt (who'd kind of hot, not gonna lie) always hits on me ever since she saw me in a tank top. It's a little weird, but more in a funny way and she keeps teasing me.

I would go for it if it weren't weird on two different levels. You know, hypothetically.

3 hours ago, the actual real soul said:

Is that Ian from Smosh??

His name is Max Renner, I think.

Why.

I'm attracted to women like any other guy.

If there's only one woman you'd commit to, and that woman doesn't exist, your standard is out of line with reality and should be adjusted.

I can barely have dinner in the same table as my mother, let alone other women.

Gotta work on those social skills, then. I find that acting with confidence, even if you have no idea what you're doing, is a surefire way to succeed.

getting laid

That's an example of something you consider "natural," but what makes something qualify as "natural" to you? Is it being in line with how humans act in a state of nature?

you mean "double standards"? v:

Yes, I do.

Guys definitely benefit more from having experience than women do. Women are a lot pickier about these things, and the only real way guys learn on how to be with women is by...being with women. On the flip side, being a virgin is valued a lot more on women. Never heard a woman say they'd love a man to save themselves for marriage.

You should date in more conservative circles.

I mean, it'd be great, but we know society don't work like that.

Friend, I had this whole shpiel written out about how it's more important to improve, adapt, and overcome than to complain about society, but then I remembered that I'm trying to convince you not to have extramarital sex so uh...give me some time and I'll think about how to progress my arguments from here.

10 hours ago, the actual real soul said:

If one can get a girlfriend from playing an FE game in public, it sure as hell wouldn't be Shadow Dragon.

“Hey girl, are you Marth from Fire Emblem? Cause you would look way better without any pants on.”

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm trying to convince you not to have extramarital sex so uh...give me some time and I'll think about how to progress my arguments from here.

Is there an argument other than on religious grounds? I’ve never hear it, if so. (This is me posting out of curiosity.)

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“Hey girl, are you Marth from Fire Emblem? Cause you would look way better without any pants on.”

Is there an argument other than on religious grounds? I’ve never hear it, if so. (This is me posting out of curiosity.)

STDs be a thing at least.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There are, actually. Aside from STD related arguments (which can be mitigated with precautionary measures), there's this hormone called oxytocin. It does a lot of things (as hormones tend to do), but one of the things it does is facilitate emotional bonding between people. One type of bond it facilitates is that between romantic partners, and the brain gets a lot of oxytocin from sex. Humans are designed to grow attached to our partners because, in a state of nature, that produces a stable environment conducive to child rearing.

When you get reckless with your sexual partners, a couple problems arise. First, you become desensitized to oxytocin and other hormones doing similar work, which can screw up your later pair formation efforts. That's not an absolute, I don't think a lot of neurochemical effects are, but it's worth considering. The other problem is that there is a physical mechanism demonstrating that you can't have sex with people without there being any emotional involvement or repercussions from it. In short, humans are designed in such a way that "casual sex" is probably gonna mess with your head. I'm not an expert, but I figure no one else here is either, so what's the harm in us all sharing?

Sometimes people like to act there's nothing special or exclusive about sex, but I'm not inclined to say people really believe that. We do think it's special in some way, we obviously treat it and related matters differently than we do other matters. Stealing a man's money is one thing, but stealing his girl is something else entirely. So some degree of caution is probably good.

Now, I don't want to secularize spiritual matters too much, but I do think it's interesting how this physical phenomenon aligns with a Charismatic concept called "soul ties" where you spiritually bind yourself to people, for better or worse, through various thises and thats, including sex. Kinda neat. I like to think eating kosher is healthy (I say, having eaten bacon and cheese for dinner) so stuff like that is fun for me to know.

Let me know if I messed something up, there's probably spelling errors in that rant.

Have another silly video:

17 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

When you get reckless with your sexual partners, a couple problems arise. First, you become desensitized to oxytocin and other hormones doing similar work, which can screw up your later pair formation efforts. That's not an absolute, I don't think a lot of neurochemical effects are, but it's worth considering. The other problem is that there is a physical mechanism demonstrating that you can't have sex with people without there being any emotional involvement or repercussions from it. In short, humans are designed in such a way that "casual sex" is probably gonna mess with your head. I'm not an expert, but I figure no one else here is either, so what's the harm in us all sharing?

I mean this problem might really only exists in monogamous contexts. If its even really a problem for everyone who is very monogamous. There are people out there who like to have lots of casual sex when single, but can be very serious about monogamy when in a serious romantic monogamous relationship (I have a few friends with whom this is the case).

Also this view seems to ignore poly-amorous, and open relationships. Which if you want to pretend like they don't exist that is fine but you are ignoring the experience of a lot of people out there.

While I would agree that casual sex is not for everyone, I do heavily disagree with the idea that sex should not happen between people who have an emotional connection that is not based on a romantic love. The idea that sex can only be had by people who are either A)there to only satisfy a basic need and then gtfo never talk again or B)interested in forming a strong romantic relationship is rather narrow minded and misguided. It seems to ignore a lot of the different experiences and the way many people actually have sex in favour of some religious or moral principles that, at least in my view, are misguided.

Also yes, there are a lot of people who need an emotional connection to have sex, but there is also a lot of people who don't need it or want it for one reason or another. Aromantic people who have sex exist, for example.

Edited by Zanarkin

On 12/12/2020 at 8:38 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

If there's only one woman you'd commit to, and that woman doesn't exist, your standard is out of line with reality and should be adjusted.

Why.

Gotta work on those social skills, then. I find that acting with confidence, even if you have no idea what you're doing, is a surefire way to succeed.

It's not about social skills, it's just one of the things I prefer doing on my own...eating. I also never saw the entire relation of being sociable and being good with wimmin. I have trouble seeing how you'd literally speak to a sexual partner as you would an actual friend...

You should date in more conservative circles.

Of what.

Friend, I had this whole shpiel written out about how it's more important to improve, adapt, and overcome than to complain about society, but then I remembered that I'm trying to convince you not to have extramarital sex so uh...give me some time and I'll think about how to progress my arguments from here.

You did fine, soldier.

On 12/13/2020 at 1:48 AM, Sooks said:

I'm legitimately curious if pick up lines were ever designed to actually work.

On 12/13/2020 at 2:19 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

There are, actually. Aside from STD related arguments (which can be mitigated with precautionary measures), there's this hormone called oxytocin. It does a lot of things (as hormones tend to do), but one of the things it does is facilitate emotional bonding between people. One type of bond it facilitates is that between romantic partners, and the brain gets a lot of oxytocin from sex. Humans are designed to grow attached to our partners because, in a state of nature, that produces a stable environment conducive to child rearing.

Sometimes people like to act there's nothing special or exclusive about sex, but I'm not inclined to say people really believe that. We do think it's special in some way, we obviously treat it and related matters differently than we do other matters. Stealing a man's money is one thing, but stealing his girl is something else entirely. So some degree of caution is probably good.

Now, I don't want to secularize spiritual matters too much, but I do think it's interesting how this physical phenomenon aligns with a Charismatic concept called "soul ties" where you spiritually bind yourself to people, for better or worse, through various thises and thats, including sex. Kinda neat. I like to think eating kosher is healthy (I say, having eaten bacon and cheese for dinner) so stuff like that is fun for me to know.

Let me know if I messed something up, there's probably spelling errors in that rant.

I think we're more than just a bunch of hormones telling us what we're supposed to be. I sure as hell would never associate having sex with being in love, because it's extremely obvious. Never understood why anyone would mix those two up...

12 hours ago, the actual real soul said:

Why.

I guess there would be nothing wrong, but some of the comments that you've made about women make it sound like they are nothing but a sexual object. Now honestly i could be misreading this here, but if that is the case and also outwardly you are portraying this to the women you are interested in, it might explain the issues you are having.

Your problems might in all fairness just be about how to approach women with the topic of sex. But honestly, I feel like you just need to get out of your head and become more comfortable with the topic of sex. How do you bring it up? You can just ask you know.

Soul stop mocking me.

Evidence:

"Lowkey always wanted..."

Lowkey-->Loki

I used to use Loki as an SF username.

It's not even the first time, you started being G&W.

And with that aside, you're not acting as a clear authority on my psyche with this topic, you've misrepresented me, if you're ever in the US I might sue you.

Edited by Original Johan Liebert

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2020 at 3:31 AM, Original Johan Liebert said:

Soul stop mocking me.

Evidence:

"Lowkey always wanted..."

Lowkey-->Loki

I used to use Loki as an SF username.

It's not even the first time, you started being G&W.

And with that aside, you're not acting as a clear authority on my psyche with this topic, you've misrepresented me, if you're ever in the US I might sue you.

shit man

I literally just came back to Argentina today. : D

On 12/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, Roxas said:

this is the worst soul thread i've ever read

you clearly left for too long

Getting laid is pretty easy. Biggest mistake people with little experience make is forgetting that almost everyone wants to get laid sometimes and trying to hide it nervously is pointless. I can not tell you how many times I've gotten a 'yes' by being  very direct and asking "do you wanna smash?" We indulge in the overthink action far too often. If they say no, move on. Are population just keeps going up, so do your options.

Edited by xigbar7

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 10:55 PM, xigbar7 said:

Getting laid is pretty easy. Biggest mistake people with little experience make is forgetting that almost everyone wants to get laid sometimes and trying to hide it nervously is pointless. I can not tell you how many times I've gotten a 'yes' by being  very direct and asking "do you wanna smash?" We indulge in the overthink action far too often. If they say no, move on. Are population just keeps going up, so do your options.

I mean, I'm not "nervously hiding it", but I feel chicks on tinder and shit tend to hide it or genuinely actually want a relationship... but then there's also chicks that post half naked pictures showing their ass and saying they don't want to get laid.

so

liek

On 1/30/2021 at 10:55 PM, xigbar7 said:

wait, is this online or in person? It's not that bad, honestly.

42 minutes ago, the actual real soul said:

wait, is this online or in person? It's not that bad, honestly.

Both. It really doesn't matter. Be up front with your intentions. If someone is interested in casual hook ups and you directly say that's what you're looking for it will happen. Being smooth doesn't matter, pick up lines don't matter. "You want to smash?" That's the most efficient use of your time if you want to get laid through tinder.