The Legend of Kaga: Tales of a Conquest Lunatic PME

Shrimpica

20 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
Spoiler

hRhNkyb.png

#KagaSnipe! (Although he need a Mag tonic to be able to snipe)

Camilla's personal would have also pushed him into kill range.

I reset and this time i calculate stuff throughly

The power of MATH strikes again!

Hide contents

Ag2ETba.png

42!!! Holy smokes Elise is powerful...

21 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I posted in later when someone asked what's the prequisites for stuff in paralogues

That was fairly obtuse, but I think I figured out what you were referring to.

21 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

2 people then xD

Was I one of those people?

8 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Kaga, thinking about how the maps have been mostly high quality so far, heads right into the worst one of the game

Eh, I think endgame is worse on Lunatic...

Hide contents

PuMG7zRE_o.png

How playing FE6 feels like

I must admit, I literally LOLed to that one...

Dragons > Foxes confirmed

When was that ever in doubt.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Camilla's personal would have also pushed him into kill range.

Yeah, but i wanted to have Camilla attack stancing with Odin. Those 2 really work well together!

42!!! Holy smokes Elise is powerful...

When you add Axefaire to the mix, she has 50 Atk with Bolt Axe, and that's without any support xD

Was I one of those people?

So 3? XD

Eh, I think endgame is worse on Lunatic...

I don't think endgame was that bad (i actually enjoyed it despite it being bs haha), but then again i prepared for like 8 chapters for it...

Episode 12: Kaze no you ni

Kaga, after eliseminating some foxes with his dragon squad, makes his way to IS HQ. However, on the way there, he gets stopped by a clan who doubts his legitimicy and proceeds to test him

Spoiler

rcmdU92.png

After Fox hells comes what is probably my fav. stretch of maps in the series. Starting this and until Ryoma, all of the maps are pretty much some of the series best imo, especially the Hoshido invasion trio i rank very highly.

I don't know why people have so much trouble with Fuga's wild ride, but for me it has everything some one needs in a FE map. Side objectives, scary enemies and a gimmick that keeps the player on their toes that is telegraphed very well without being annoying.

Spoiler

JiD0f9U.png

My plan for the start is as follows: Elise and Benny go to the right and clean the Lancer squad with the help of Kaga, while Oding and Nyx go to the top and Peri and Camilla go take on the mages.

Spoiler

Svgzvcp.png
NLstoaU.png
QNQnlpi.png
vOFJsE5.png
77Ktgz9.png
16b8WXJ.png

For the following turns we use the wind to our advantage and kill enemies

Spoiler

06PZMel.png
TRCNJMk.png

With some luck i could finish the boss right now and warp + seize, but i want the treasures and the exp, so i decide against it.

Spoiler

lvyCHHk.png
UEeafKJ.png

The Pegasi rush at us and Niles is being useless as usual, thankfully Sophie + dancing is here to clean the mess, however....

Spoiler

r05UEKa.png

I forgot Mr. Hex over there. Sophie should be able to tank 2 Enemies, but not while hexed....

Spoiler

rBVFijZ.png

#NeverPunished. Hex and Attack miss xD

Spoiler

AoaQQFU.png
Y0fW5xf.png
UGWNoJP.png

I start cleaning up a bit as the wind urges us to move forward

Spoiler

CGyJJd8.png

SO
MUCH
POWAH!

Spoiler

iplthNp.png
m4CmgoI.png

We continue cleaning up and advancing with the wind

Spoiler

NqqaJSP.png
MzPfdUg.png

Kaga casually crits hayate and makes my life a whole lot easier

Spoiler

aoxvf2n.png
1KLytWv.png
7zVaURP.png

We get rescue and head deep into enemy lines

Spoiler

NDmkG2t.png

The game is daring me to go all in. 

Spoiler

OHpNT5j.png
CHeXACL.png
vJGSQPR.png
eK9MGqR.png
drG6wM6.png
Yf7jB4d.png
CI58s8J.png

I have the Power of Sophie and Crits on my side. I go all in!

Spoiler

uQkXQg5.png
TEPu8VD.png

Nice% vs. Nice-1%

Nice wins ofc.

Spoiler

cjoEKAy.png

Kaga seizes the Throne and finishes the battle!

That was honestly a bit more difficult that usual haha. The lack of Xander and some of more tankier dudes made this a bit harder. And while i have the Eliseminator, the Map is also filled with Archers, so i had to be careful, especially since Kaga doesn't one shot anymore and i need to dance him to kill anyone. Not to mention i couldn't use dragon vein much since i usually had all my dragon vein users in combat, since i don't have all royals with me, or any of their kids, which i usually atleast have 1 of at this point. Still, pretty fun!

Next: Stairway to IS HQ

Edited by Father Shrimpas

32 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I don't know why people have so much trouble with Fuga's wild ride, but for me it has everything some one needs in a FE map. Side objectives, scary enemies and a gimmick that keeps the player on their toes that is telegraphed very well without being annoying.

I hard disagree here - gimmicks that move the player's units against their will is the single greatest sin a series like this can commit. It's not just annoying, it's Absolutely. Fucking. Frustrating. Seal skills being handed out like Halloween candy does not help matters in the slightest.

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
Spoiler

r05UEKa.png

I forgot Mr. Hex over there. Sophie should be able to tank 2 Enemies, but not while hexed....

I like to use a Dragon Vein to move the pegasi away, and lure them from their new location (as Hayato's 0 move keeps him from being pushed by the winds).

6 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I hard disagree here - gimmicks that move the player's units against their will is the single greatest sin a series like this can commit. It's not just annoying, it's Absolutely. Fucking. Frustrating. Seal skills being handed out like Halloween candy does not help matters in the slightest.

I agree with Shrimpas. This map isn't that bad. I do have a problem with it, but it's the fact this map is used in Rev and the wind gimmick is different. I've got fairly poor memory, so I oft forget which version of the wind is in effect.

4 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

I agree with Shrimpas. This map isn't that bad. I do have a problem with it, but it's the fact this map is used in Rev and the wind gimmick is different. I've got fairly poor memory, so I oft forget which version of the wind is in effect.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I loved this map and using the gimmick to my advantage, personally. It never felt like a hinderance to me.

Funny you say that, because I do think it is that damn bad, and "hindrance" is the perfect word to describe the wind, as far more often than not, it's to your detriment. And I generally hate when the game actively tries to sabotage me. Hell, I consider the fox chapter much better than it, as while it is a pain in the butt, it doesn't actively try to screw me over.

Edited by Shadow Mir

42 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Funny you say that, because I do think it is that damn bad, and "hindrance" is the perfect word to describe the wind, as far more often than not, it's to your detriment. And I generally hate when the game actively tries to sabotage me. Hell, I consider the fox chapter much better than it, as while it is a pain in the butt, it doesn't actively try to screw me over.

I would actually say the fox chapter was made to screw you over with those BS illusions, but there is nothing stopping you from using the wind to your advantage. At least, in my experience. I still haven’t braved lunatic.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would actually say the fox chapter was made to screw you over with those BS illusions, but there is nothing stopping you from using the wind to your advantage. At least, in my experience. I still haven’t braved lunatic.

The illusions are there to use to your advantage. Any that you can attack now can't attack you back, so you can go all out on them...

14 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

lvyCHHk.png
UEeafKJ.png

The Pegasi rush at us and Niles is being useless as usual, thankfully Sophie + dancing is here to clean the mess, however....

Also pictured: Why I don't bother with Niles after I recruit his daughter. 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I don't see it when the foxes I can attack can't do the same back if they have the illusion ability, as it changes come enemy phase (and they also cannot counter ranged attacks in any way). On the other hand. I find that chances to use the wind as an asset are rare at best, whereas it's something that I have to actively fight against because it triggers at the end of player phase.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Eh, different tastes I would assume.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Lunatic Conquest isn't that much worse than Hard, unless you are attempting a ironman/LTC. It's the last 3 chapters that are utterly, homicidally psychopathic in terms of difficulty. So much so that the Endgame boils down to "Rush the boss with everything you have and ignore everything else", 'cause you'll get demolished by those kamikaze Faceless reinforcements if you don't.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't see it when the foxes I can attack can't do the same back if they have the illusion ability, as it changes come enemy phase (and they also cannot counter ranged attacks in any way). On the other hand. I find that chances to use the wind as an asset are rare at best, whereas it's something that I have to actively fight against because it triggers at the end of player phase.

Look at the flip-side of that coin: You can't hurt some of them on your turn, but come enemy phase, they drop the illusion and mob you. The ones with Pass are especially insufferable seeing as they pass through forest as though it weren't there.

I also remember Kaden not dropping his illusion and instead of attacking my stronger units he tried to run down my squishies, but I may be misremembering that.

Episode 13: Stairway to IS HQ

Kaga & Co. make their way to IS taking the monster infested Stairway. Rumor has it that the monsters that roam that Stairway are summoned from the cries of elitist fans wanting old FE back.

Spoiler

Li3CcGL.png
09rn1lG.png

Another one of my favs. The way this map is designed to make the player advance rapidly and the placement of the dragon veins is so well designed!

The only thing i am not a big fan of in Lunatic is Wary fighter on the stonerd, although i think hard them as well, but it has been years since i last did a hard run, so...

Series needs more all escape maps btw, they are always so exciting.

Spoiler

wUklaqi.png

So i have a small problem: No one can one shot them. Usually i deal with them using Dire thunder Lightning, but Odin's and Camilla's Mag isn't high enough to one shot even with lightning, and Elise can't use it. That, and the max. +mag pair up i have is +3 Mag, which is still 1 damage short of one shot, and that's after Tonic and Forged Bolt Axe, and i don't want Camilla anywhere near that mess, since she gets 2 shotted and all....

Also #KagaSnipe ain't save, since Stoners can counter him and all, and take 80% of his HP in one attack xD

However Elise was lvl10E99. Which means she needs 1 Exp to lvl up and most likely get mag

Spoiler

VV5DZyq.png
OJzv89y.png
UVXC5EL.png

And + Mag she gets! I put her on Attack stance with Nyx, lvl both up, then paired Odin to Elise and Danced her and let the Fireworks start!

Spoiler

NyVsGto.png
dXeHx5Q.png

Peri goes on Attack stance and takes the other guy, then we freeze the enemy with Dragon Veins

Spoiler

RVu0Drw.png
TZcCNTf.png
VkPBt3o.png
9tQhazQ.png
X5ocEf2.png

Elise kills another stoner, Kaga freezes the Map and the rest advances killing Monsters on their way

Spoiler

kFOH1Fj.png
U72vceT.png
RpG2yWP.png

Nyx + Sophie Attack Stance + Camilla support = One shot!

Spoiler

ctbCBFt.png

Status on Turn 3

Spoiler

SXHZvl0.png

Axe breaker is trouble, so...

Spoiler

1iufj8E.png

I let the Eliseminator advance instead

Spoiler

6Ve5JwS.png

Staff_Savant_Time.png

Spoiler

ThIhgcv.png

freezing again!

Spoiler

3fUwd9n.png

Elise freezes, advances and enemy phases the stoner

Spoiler

HS3aUqi.png
1aBXhDF.png
KbbjFhQ.png
0wSyVAP.png
2yTe4bQ.png

We keep advancing and are know on the verge of escaping!

Spoiler

FIV2mpn.png
F2XxSA1.png

I let Odin Tank kill the boss so he can lvlup, and he get's another General lvlup. Someone needs to try Armor Odin sometime lol

Spoiler

mXQoKdM.png
8ISlJrq.png

Benny kills the boss's pair up partner and everyone proceeds to escape!

Spoiler

1FtzuZT.png

Kaga is now a ghost for some reason...

should've edited Lilith's Death scene, but then again i just want to skip story stuff in this game. I don't think anyone blames me for that xD

Spoiler

Guig42j.png
RoMk7en.png

Our 15th Member, Flora! @Imuabicus

turns out game doesn't actually auto-lvl her, so i decided to do it myself and let her be lvl7 instead of 5 and increased stats appropiately (since her growth rates are close to 50% on the board, i just gave her +1 every stat and removed the luck and put it on hp, as requested xD). According to Serenes the game auto lvls her if i recruit her later, if i knew that wasn't the case i would've recruited her earlier and used her in place of one of the Deadweight squad and she would probably be higher lvld by now... oh well. These 2 levels should help her a bit to make her catch up to speed.

Also, i love footie lances. Give us Soldiers & Halberdier's back, IS! Or Spear Masters if you want to have Fates version!

Next: Invasion of IS HQ!

20 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

gimmicks that move the player's units against their will is the single greatest sin a series like this can commit.

except you can control the wind using dragon veins, or just move out of the winds way

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I like to use a Dragon Vein to move the pegasi away, and lure them from their new location (as Hayato's 0 move keeps him from being pushed by the winds).

Yeah i used that in some of my runs, but i didn't have anyone here that can take on Hayato 1 on 1. 

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Funny you say that, because I do think it is that damn bad, and "hindrance" is the perfect word to describe the wind, as far more often than not, it's to your detriment

Nah, you can definetly use it much more to your advantage instead of think of it as a hindrance

Also pictured: Why I don't bother with Niles after I recruit his daughter

Yeah, my Niles is usually super useless. I think only on my first CQ run, on normal, i used Niles, and even there he was one of my weakest members iirc.

3 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

So much so that the Endgame boils down to "Rush the boss with everything you have and ignore everything else", 'cause you'll get demolished by those kamikaze Faceless reinforcements if you don't.

Not so much different from hard...

Except Enfeeble Inevitble End Staff Savant Maids are a thing on Lunatic, and without Shurikenbreaker/rescue/silence it's pretty much impossible to play the endgame normally xD

3 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

You can't hurt some of them on your turn, but come enemy phase, they drop the illusion and mob you.

Yeah my biggest problem with Fox Hell. It just becomes lowmn enemy phase centeral, one of my least fav. ways to play FE.

40 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Li3CcGL.png

That may be the most diverse set of classes used I´ve ever seen.

45 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Our 15th Member, Flora! @Imuabicus

turns out game doesn't actually auto-lvl her, so i decided to do it myself and let her be lvl7 instead of 5 and increased stats appropiately (since her growth rates are close to 50% on the board, i just gave her +1 every stat and removed the luck and put it on hp, as requested xD). According to Serenes the game auto lvls her if i recruit her later, if i knew that wasn't the case i would've recruited her earlier and used her in place of one of the Deadweight squad and she would probably be higher lvld by now... oh well. These 2 levels should help her a bit to make her catch up to speed.

I do hope she´s gonna be useful with all that extra damage she can generate - originally I planned her with Wary Fight but decided against it for even more Daka.

Hell yeah for Spear Masters - I much prefer them over flying ponis.

53 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah, my Niles is usually super useless. I think only on my first CQ run, on normal, i used Niles, and even there he was one of my weakest members iirc.

I think the only reason he gets highly rated is because he can capture units? Combat wise not so much.

22 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

That may be the most diverse set of classes used I´ve ever seen

Pme aside, i usually don't like using any class more than twice per run, as unit diversity is part of the FE fun for me. It's may be dumb, but eh, not like i use 10 generals or something 

Spoiler

jvm7jf8.png

My Team from my ''legit'' CQ Luna run i did a while back. Not as diverse as the pme ofc xD

I do hope she´s gonna be useful with all that extra damage she can generate - originally I planned her with Wary Fight but decided against it for even more Daka.

I had to give her some stat boosters, but she is puling her weight and kicking ass!
Wait for the next update^^

Hell yeah for Spear Masters - I much prefer them over flying ponis

Lances are actually my fav. physical weapon type, thanks to Finn and his Brave Lance (even if he is one a horse xD) back in the Jugdral games xD

And then NephNeph in Tellius

I think the only reason he gets highly rated is because he can capture units? Combat wise not so much.

And Shurikenbreaker helps alot late game with his speed, if i have to guess

How people get him to lvl 15 promoted i always ask myself, though xD

3 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

I thought the problems people had/have with this chapter are the hit rates?

The illusions that you can’t hit on player phase but will move on their phase and have the ability to attack you on their phase is unendingly annoying.

6 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

I thought the problems people had/have with this chapter are the hit rates?

That's what I usually saw complaints about.

except you can control the wind using dragon veins, or just move out of the winds way

Three problems with that: One, there are only so many dragon veins. Two, I have to sacrifice one of my best units' turns to activate them. Three, one wind formation affects the entire goddamn map.

8 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Look at the flip-side of that coin: You can't hurt some of them on your turn, but come enemy phase, they drop the illusion and mob you. The ones with Pass are especially insufferable seeing as they pass through forest as though it weren't there.

True, but that still sounds better than the riveting 1v2 against the wind and the enemy army.

Nah, you can definetly use it much more to your advantage instead of think of it as a hindrance

Yeah... once in a blue moon, that is. It's about as useful as Awakening Counter - far more useful for the enemy than for you.

Episode 14: Invasion of IS HQ!

Kaga, climbing the stairway, finally arrives in Tokyo at the gates of IS HQ! His series is almost in his hands again!

Spoiler

d5eWva4.png

Another one of my absolute favs. Everything in this map is 10/10.  There's not one map quite like this one in the whole series. Or any of the late game maps from Fuga until Ryoma for that matter. This maps to me is the epitome of what FE gameplay should be like!

Spoiler

d7VGuiN.png
CoIX5yD.png
m4Xb57l.png
Uvis0hL.png
ZEGEY60.png

On the left side i Kaga snipe and prepare Felicia and Flora to enemy phase the ranged attacks, while on the right i start Odintanking

Spoiler

En6kpbc.png
7QiCSdS.png

I entrap a Mage and let Benny deal with him while activating the Dragon vein for the left side

Spoiler

4UV5Lkm.png
BGwYOuH.png

And the newcomer shows her worth, and Felicia lvls up while attacking with Niles

Spoiler

qVVj5a2.png
PikgDhc.png
iCThi46.png

We activate the Dragon Vein and Entrap perfect dude ™️. I sure love having Staff savant on my hands for once xD

Spoiler

12SKztL.png
PPBYycJ.png
piJJxpC.png

A skilled Odin can overcome any weapon disadvantage!

Spoiler

ytxNple.png

Flora continues to Ignis and crit.

Spoiler

hzK0Egr.png

40Hit, so she evades, but she starts to rush towards me after

Spoiler

68mIuoY.png

...I should use Odin more in other runs

Spoiler

CtCKscJ.png
pWRwcb8.png

He barely survives, but gains his hp back next turn

Spoiler

Q5svL6h.png

Since Hana's squad is rushing at us, i decide to play a bit more definsively on the left side

Spoiler

UkDj85l.png
X9dDIqO.png

On the right side we keep killing stuff. And Fortify for exp lol....

Spoiler

5MfCaKL.png
qLDDQp6.png

On the left side Flora is doing a good job...

@Imuabicus created an Ignis crit murder machine xD

Spoiler

WQkEI3n.png

on the right mages reinforcements appear, so i start thinking on how to get away from them, however...

Spoiler

6UCcHHg.png

I missclick and heal instead of pair up...

F

Spoiler

tdCO1gt.png

Dead Nyx

Spoiler

PdOG4m3.png

What would've happened if the missclick didn't happen...

anyway, reset time!

Reset counter: 10

Spoiler

P7yjrII.png

After the reset is miscalculate something, however #NeverPunished

Spoiler

MSQW7D9.png

Benny takes out Perfect guy on the reset instead of Odin Dank

Spoiler

v2CDIny.png

And this is our status on turn 5, right side dealing with Hana's squad and trying to use my fliers to sneak attack from the left, while ride side dealing with reinforcements and entrapping them...

Spoiler

7OyMCRn.png

Is Ignis + Ice hot or cold, i wonder?

Spoiler

5s0mcdq.png

Camilla with the good lvlup

Spoiler

vMiYipK.png
5tYrVnw.png

How playing FEH feels like!

Spoiler

25AkLxI.png

Ayy more skill ensures 20MT lance!

Spoiler

V9dTUpQ.png
6wgu6NV.png
rN1cCEh.png
IvLUycn.png

We continue cleaning up and advancing

Spoiler

jJm7FHR.png
Q6dYS3j.png

Bow, meet Pegasi, Pegasi, meet Bow!

Spoiler

xFPdYkZ.png
brAEcyV.png
pYehlmH.png

Sneaky time!

However...

Spoiler

opTeVCM.png

We've got trouble!

Spoiler

UlPRH0D.png

Thank god for staff savant xD

Spoiler

r3KwJgO.png

She really has been practicing this!

Spoiler

xcOKA5t.png

Elise clears the Shuriken shooter on the left

Spoiler

FrsiVas.png
aJvceet.png

Nyx continues staffing and Kaga sniping

Spoiler

WYYmSXc.png
MeEHpIZ.png

We start heading deep in the right as well

Spoiler

YYvPBw8.png

I am not even mad, her performnce has been amazing!

Spoiler

8jMQZwU.png
4tGCwSU.png

We capture the forts on the right so reinforcements don't appear from them

Spoiler

ctKvNzF.png

Sakura dragon vein's and closes the way again, thankfully by that time i had already captured the forts

Spoiler

u6C02pn.png
V4cTIv1.png

That guy sure is strong...

Spoiler

uhh5PXq.png
taOgTrS.png
ld2pvJd.png

Sophie strips him anyway...

Although i was very afraid of the 2%, i admit xD

Spoiler

1aJLhr5.png

Sakura proc's miracle

Spoiler

Hnkc8dw.png

Let's see what exp i can get before i seize. I've to seize or the reinforcements will destroy me xD

I also want to kill Sakura for the Spirit dust...

Spoiler

Ilf0y7t.png
u1vi8Lj.png
fIvDl5a.png

The Boss stripper at it again!

Spoiler

ti00pmO.png
LeVYa8Q.png

We get some EXP and seize!

Spoiler

Z1i9v14.png

...Loli or maid...

OH NO!

Next: Maeda 3!

Another update??

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...I should use Odin more in other runs

Odin ends up good once in a hundred runs.

Is Ignis + Ice hot or cold, i wonder?

Pain.

Thank god for staff savant xD

“I could actually play the game...

or I could use” STAFF SAVANT

Hide contents

Z1i9v14.png

...Loli or maid...

OH NO!

Who is one of your OP few? That’s what I thought.

#teamElise.

21 minutes ago, deskita said:

I'm glad that the Odin I picked has been useful, although with the way he's currently being used I don't foresee Life and Death being particularly great when he gets it.

It depends. He will obviously get better player phase, attack stance and land in vantage more, on the other hand i will have to calculate very careful who he can tank and who not.

But Life and death is still at lvl 35, Odin is lvl27 atm xD

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Another update??

You do know how much i love the invasion trio, right? xD

If i didn't have a headache i would probably have tried to do Takumi's map now, too!