The Legend of Kaga: Tales of a Conquest Lunatic PME

43 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

68mIuoY.png

This Odin is stupendously blessed. Only his Res isn´t above average.

I was considering giving Flora Skilltaker so she´d have even higher procc-chance for Ignis. Maxed SKL + SKLtaker + Quixotic would have been 60% chance to procc. Might be an idea to take out Aggressor and Lancefaire for Skilltaker and Wary Fighter in case the enemies are to dangerous?

Also, that´s probably the first time I´ve seen someone use the Fates Spear, but I guess it does allow for Crits and skill-proccs.

Felicia for Personal Skill and +1MAG.

Edited by Imuabicus

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

You do know how much i love the invasion trio, right? xD

Yes, because they are the best maps.

15 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

If i didn't have a headache i would probably have tried to do Takumi's map now, too!

I hope that improves soon!

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I missclick and heal instead of pair up...

F

Reveal hidden contents

tdCO1gt.png

Dead Nyx

Also pictured: why I avoid using Nyx like the plague.

1 hour ago, Imuabicus said:

Might be an idea to take out Aggressor and Lancefaire for Skilltaker and Wary Fighter in case the enemies are to dangerous?

You can only have one taker active on a character at a time, and she already has str taker. And she ain't so slow that she needs wary fighter 😉

I am happy with the current one xD

Also, that´s probably the first time I´ve seen someone use the Fates Spear

People way overstimate the debuffs from stronger weapons and understimate the weapons. They are still super good despite the debuffs, you just need to know when to use them 😉

Brave Bow saved my Ass against Iago in my last run.

I just got Brave Lance and Killer Lance for Flora

Time to watch the fireworks i paid all my money for xD

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I hope that improves soon!

thx^^

50 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also pictured: why I avoid using Nyx like the plague.

Anyone would've died from those 3 mages except someone with a tomebreaker

Edited by Father Shrimpas

8 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The only thing i am not a big fan of in Lunatic is Wary fighter on the stonerd, although i think hard them as well, but it has been years since i last did a hard run, so...

Series needs more all escape maps btw, they are always so exciting.

Bah, as long as you got a good lightning us-

and Elise can't use it.

...well there is your problem right there

max. +mag pair up i have is +3 Mag, which is still 1 damage short of one shot, and that's after Tonic and Forged Bolt Axe, and i don't want Camilla anywhere near that mess, since she gets 2 shotted and all....

Magic meal?

Also #KagaSnipe ain't save, since Stoners can counter him and all, and take 80% of his HP in one attack xD

That is interesting. Does Kagasnipe counter the stoners as well?

Spoiler

kFOH1Fj.png
U72vceT.png
RpG2yWP.png

Nyx + Sophie Attack Stance + Camilla support = One shot!

Its little detailed positional tactics like this that makes me love Conquest so much.

Spoiler

FIV2mpn.png
F2XxSA1.png

I let Odin Tank kill the boss so he can lvlup, and he get's another General lvlup. Someone needs to try Armor Odin sometime lol

Heh, the Odin tank is finally powering through some of this mess.

Spoiler

1FtzuZT.png

Kaga is now a ghost for some reason...

The spirit of Kaga will lead us to saving the series.

Hide contents

d5eWva4.png

Another one of my absolute favs. Everything in this map is 10/10.  There's not one map quite like this one in the whole series. Or any of the late game maps from Fuga until Ryoma for that matter. This maps to me is the epitome of what FE gameplay should be like!

Far too many people pair everyone onto the left, and ignore the right. Glad to see you dealing with it in the more normal way.

Spoiler

iCThi46.png

We activate the Dragon Vein and Entrap perfect dude ™️. I sure love having Staff savant on my hands for once xD

...Its kinda interesting how staff savant really warps this game by letting you use those valuable staves in more haphazard ways.

Spoiler

hzK0Egr.png

40Hit, so she evades, but she starts to rush towards me after

Kagasnipe just keeps breaking maps...

Spoiler

6UCcHHg.png

I missclick and heal instead of pair up...

F

I feel like that is a mistake everyone has made.

Spoiler

PdOG4m3.png

What would've happened if the missclick didn't happen...

Wow, that Flora really is powerful....

Spoiler

vMiYipK.png
5tYrVnw.png

How playing FEH feels like!

As Hana finally learns, relying on evasion is a mistake...

Spoiler

taOgTrS.png
ld2pvJd.png

Sophie strips him anyway...

If only Yukimura were willing to work with Kaga, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. The poor Conquest team insisted on being Camus in this game.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Anyone would've died from those 3 mages except someone with a tomebreaker

The issue (and what I was getting at) is that Nyx has no durability at all. Mages being fragile isn't unheard of, but she takes it to another level, as she can't even take magic attacks well.

5 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

7OyMCRn.png

Is Ignis + Ice hot or cold, i wonder?

"It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts"

I wonder if someone catches the reference...

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

This is just me going on a tangent, but I honestly think that Kaga leaving was good for the series, if the Jugdral games were any indication.

FE4's not bad, just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG... Everyone says Thracia's hard and wonky, but I've not played it myself, so I'm reserving judgement on that one.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

The issue (and what I was getting at) is that Nyx has no durability at all. Mages being fragile isn't unheard of, but she takes it to another level, as she can't even take magic attacks well.

Aside from Benny and Xander, no one is tanky in Conquest, so... She's a better mage than Odin (Excluding Nos-tanking), and Leo is underwhelming in every way. Still not the best Nohrian mage, that title goes to Ophelia. Elise is pretty good as well.

2 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

FE4's not bad, just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG... Everyone says Thracia's hard and wonky, but I've not played it myself, so I'm reserving judgement on that one.

I'd say Thracia is more poorly designed than hard in addition to wonky. Genealogy, aside from being a slog to play, also has mechanics that make the game hard to play, as well as virtually nonexistent balance.

2 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Aside from Benny and Xander, no one is tanky in Conquest, so... She's a better mage than Odin (Excluding Nos-tanking), and Leo is underwhelming in every way. Still not the best Nohrian mage, that title goes to Ophelia. Elise is pretty good as well.

She's still pretty bad because she can't hit the broad side of a barn. Her good magic and speed don't make up for her other stats being poor, either.

People way overstimate the debuffs from stronger weapons and understimate the weapons. They are still super good despite the debuffs, you just need to know when to use them 😉

Eh, I was thinking more it´s because the Spear is exclusively 2 range? And the Brave Sword/Lance debuffs aren’t anything to worry about. Halving STR/MAG on the other hand... well who care if it´s against the map boss.

5 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Sad Effie, Beruka, Keaton noises.

Unless of course you meant RES... but then it´s only sad Elise & Kaze noises.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Magic meal?

I only used meals ones, and it gave debuffs as well so decided to never use it again xD

Does Kagasnipe counter the stoners as well?

Yup

Far too many people pair everyone onto the left, and ignore the right

I used that once in a run a few years ago...

It doesn't help. Without dragon veins the map is too narrow to put all 15 peeps on one side, and you are just leaving precious exp out there. Most of your army will be just moving doing nothing, maybe taking some reinforcements when they appear

6 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

"It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts"

*googles*

Terraria?

6 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Everyone says Thracia's hard and wonky, but I've not played it myself

Imo Thracia is not hard, especially after the early game. It just has many unfair moments the player can't see coming or do anything against.

Conquest is a hard but fair Thracia, imo. Both remind me of each other and i love both xD

I was thinking more it´s because the Spear is exclusively 2 range?

So are bows, yet they are super good in Fates. Not like i will put Flora in the middle of enemies with the weapon.

Halving STR/MAG on the other hand.

Dual attack clears the debuff 😉

Sad Effie, Beruka, Keaton noises.

Unless of course you meant RES... but then it´s only sad Elise & Kaze noises.

Effie has a decent base but meh 50% growth, and that requires her to stay a Knight. Keaton has other issues, mostly nonexistant Skill and Res. Beruka's just underwhelming.

And no, I didn't mean Res. Xander has pretty bad Res, while Benny is decisively tanky in every way he can be (31+70% Hp, 19+75% Def, 10+45% Res, and Wary Fighter).

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

*googles*

Terraria?

Yea, but I was wondering if anyone else had sunk enough time into that game to know it.

Episode 14: Maeda 3

Before entering IS HQ, Kaga meets his nemesis, Maeda

Spoiler

oTO1bVv.png

Another one of the Hoshido invasion Trio. This map is big, probably half as big as a usual FE4  map, with alot of stuff to do and alot of scary formations. It's probably one of the few really big maps i love in the series...

Spoiler

w0F085A.png
dTp7x31.png
ufUkjMS.png

Maeda has a black shirt now

Spoiler

n7M1TVT.png

I wanted to entrap the Ballista Archer, but has 0 Mov, so not possible...

Spoiler

JPPnS1p.png
7g72S2g.png

I entrap one of the other Archers and let Flora take care of him, and prepare Elise to enemy phase the lancers...

Spoiler

XVNASI2.png

Why you don't Enemy phase in conquest, especially not with a weapon disdavantage. The result was a lunge chain leading to...

Spoiler

rKaLXwE.png

Elise's Death in the first turn....

Reset Counter: 11

Spoiler

cxWWq4a.png
iJsA8jy.png
kLy4Qw5.png
pX7G4sx.png

I restart and double entrap, leading the enemies to rush at me, despite that however...

Spoiler

EHaxfVi.png

It's not that easy to take the enemies down, especially the Archers with their counter, which ensures i have to attack them at 2  range. Only good use of attack stance can help me here

Spoiler

1kZgraE.png
kIOp8Rs.png
6McxoKo.png
JMB6kU5.png
17nZfdx.png

Somehow i figure out how to deal with them and Kaga crits the Ballista guy, making my life easier...

Spoiler

mbdD0BN.png
ksOmwxx.png
bP5Pl5q.png
Xoldk48.png
HOoP2W3.png
7o1V9uB.png
X5xNfPt.png

We fight on, then....

Spoiler

gWRDGub.png
rNpAeoA.png
JibPKlG.png

SeCB9W9.jpg

Hinata's Squad gets Unlimited Entrap'd works!

Spoiler

6zqSIyP.png
53Tt36R.png
QTO2sEn.png
hVxft7t.png
nB4Yze5.png
9p4petl.png

We clean up Hinata's squad, with Flora doing most of the work with 17x2 on dual attack with her brave lance, however...

Spoiler

LvQqqUw.png

For some reason the reinforcements were triggered early, probably due to Kaga snipe, and now i am in this hot mess...

Spoiler

XW5OK9s.png
E0WEEUw.png
XiFYnec.png
d9Ku2mC.png

Yet somehow i was able to clear it. Thank god i wasn't pairing anyone up because i was relying on attack stance to be able to clear thing and i needed every single action i had access to haha.

Also, someone please caption the sophie crit pic xD

The mess is not over yet however...

Spoiler

d9Ku2mC.png
VzkUfav.png
5JwNal4.png
vTw6TEH.png
OfJxWxT.png
56JbqHd.png
570ltRU.png
dlaQ52n.png

We somehow cleaned the mess safely, with Flora killing some guys 3 times over...

Spoiler

0ZyJmBF.png
ZIGTRpp.png
cX5OTMW.png

We Entrap the Archers to disable the Ballista and Flora and Odin take care of them....

Spoiler

q6OGuYA.png
zKISZBx.png

Kaga crits one of the stair guards, and Elise heads to the top!

Spoiler

OdlmSgw.png
lpl9mpa.png
roxgoru.png
pGct5kT.png
cWFyTbx.png

Oboro entrap'd and 1v1'd by Flora....

Spoiler

OOcx2gy.png
laCyite.png
TgvQVxq.png
b6jlUsO.png

and the rest climb up and clear the remaining enemies, and now we head to the Pineapple...

Spoiler

UlDgzDQ.png
Vs0M6cO.png

And he might be trouble, so i decide to Freeze him to reduce his evasion. That, and i kinda one to defeat him with Odin Tank...

Spoiler

Dvm14Je.png
AxPt5wM.png

Odin somehow survives a vengeance proc with 2 HP remaining phew...

Spoiler

FeS5YmR.png
RsoHIhQ.png

Elise finishes him off...

Spoiler

nQf6VEd.png
LdUD57O.png

And Kaga seizes and finishes the map!

Spoiler

iRLf0wK.png
z68abm1.png
fzUzjH7.png
7mo9sK4.png
aN30zfC.png
t34VaFM.png
Yi4sy8z.png
CQ4nF1O.png

The Plot thickens....

Next: Gates of IS HQ!

Interlude: 84%, or how being cheeky bites you in the butt

Kaga, now infront of the Gates of IS HQ, prepares to go in. However he will learn that the tools he has access to will bite him more than help him

Spoiler

rVkOufk.png

Hinoka's Chapter. One of my all time favs., and how the map changes every few turns and how the player has to adapt and counter the change or use it to the advantage. It's quite simply, a 10/10 map. Probably my fav. of the Invasion Trio

Spoiler

tYi4z5q.png
uic1Go8.png
BmVtbT0.png
TVtlsyO.png

We start by entrapping some enemies and killing them, then use a shelter transfer chain to let Odin Nosfetank.

You can also see Odin tank becoming Odin fast in one of the pics lol.

Spoiler

oXJNIXm.png
9Q66g5w.png
INutdkR.png
5jFSfyJ.png

Hinoka greets us

Spoiler

plaFOQy.png
d0yDsPy.png

Benny the Magic tank and Odin the Nosfetank

Spoiler

WMLWNl1.png

Hinoka does her thing, time to :panik:

Spoiler

azo4619.png

>23x2 in Attack stance

lol

Spoiler

S8NTYl6.png

Odin my boy!

Spoiler

vQbrbvy.png

Time to slow the pegasi down...

Spoiler

UWJodOl.png
RKPTq5l.png

And clean what we can reach, however...

Spoiler

RNJB0V9.png

a miscalculation...

Reset counter: 12

Spoiler

jw51GEi.png
0PSmWVb.png
AaJy44t.png
Q6PKbjx.png
kNBWGCu.png
1YSDiie.png
KOU23PJ.png
QgedyBc.png

We reset and make sure we put in someone who can survive 2 of the Kinshis...

Spoiler

vlIfXYp.png

we hunt em.

Spoiler

WrhQT9J.png

Status Turn 4

Spoiler

K4ODlBX.png

Flora can't make a useless unit useful lol

Spoiler

5y1A158.png

Elise crit counter : 3

Spoiler

dYaXQpL.png
6mEnz1j.png

Hinoka does her thing, and so do we, however...

Spoiler

xdt0z8l.png

I entrapped some of the peeps in the inner circle, which triggered reinforcements and aggro'd the enemies. Basically, a mess xD

Spoiler

0qm43qf.png
nFAX4M6.png
ftVmzTd.png
70Y5x56.png

We kill Setsuna and rescue Sophie out...

Spoiler

V2UIP6X.png'
q2syhUt.png

Hpwever the enemies don't stop coming. Reinforcements that usually appear when i am fighting Hinoka are appearing now. 

If i have to guess, they are triggered because i entrap'd the guys near Hinoka, which made the game think i am approaching her or something, and well, i gotta do something, so i try to cook up something...

Spoiler

vSKzzN5.png
UHymmZ9.png
yHb4CFw.png

A warp dance shelter chain! I try to start one, as Severa got Warp at lvl30, and so i let Elise approach Hinoka...

Spoiler

hReBrhM.png

Flora should be one-shotting Hinoka, however...

Spoiler

idbg0JD.png
yLVtPRf.png
FbWVdI9.png

84% Miss....

Oh well, i doubt the plan would've worked anyway, as i still needed to shelter with Peri, then warp kaga and dance, then kill the pair up, then move forward and seize. There was a hole in my plan, i think, but RNG got in the way before i could try it xD

Lesson learned: Don't Kagasnipe or Entrap far away enemies or the game thinks you are finishing the map xD

Reset counter: 13

Episode 15: Gates of IS HQ

Kaga, getting a vision from the future about his loss due to his risky tactics, approaches the battlefield in a safer way

Spoiler

X8D0Yhp.png

The first 2 turns i follow a similiar tactic like last time, without spamming entrap or Kaga snipe however to not aggro peeps early xD

Spoiler

HI9KncW.png
JsYJnjx.png

Elise crit counter: 4

Spoiler

LI4EuGo.pngS

So i want to try and Entrap Setsuna in the turn where no DV's are active, but...

Spoiler

YEqI99m.png
KEwNVbX.png
SJHPZXj.png
ObNNxac.png

I wasn't able to do it and am sandwhiched between fliers instead, which i take out using peeps + Attack Stance Flora/Sophie

Spoiler

tAWO1Am.png
UO9HDqc.png
nIcusDy.png

And after Dragon vein period was done, we zap Setsuna out and let Sophie strip her, just like in the last try

Spoiler

ZOsLebA.png

situation after zapping Setsuna

Spoiler

UDTHmvR.png
9I4BZMB.png

We send Eliseminator to the left to guard that choke point...

Spoiler

PVgsUyz.png

and silence Azama

Spoiler

O1eox7U.png

then we cancel Hinoka's Air express again and activate footie express

Spoiler

SiFIX7m.png
vaPUJh5.png
4gXsf2w.png
R0dzIPr.png
guN30wo.png
guN30wo.png
hL2Ywb0.png

Massacre.png

Elise crit counter: 6

Spoiler

IVHhlTi.png
f6vHass.png
kvqULUP.png

We #KagaSnipe Azama as we make start making our way to Hinoka while her flying reinforcements start appearing

Spoiler

r6xrKoe.pngFi

Only Sophie can reach Hinoka atm, and only deals effective damage with Hunter's Bow...

Spoiler

brLS8Da.png

So we use a tactical dragon vein and...

Spoiler

ybTcqe2.png

we go to Hinoka!

Decided to Brave Lance this time, as even if i miss i can atleast block one of Hinoka's attacks using Shield gauge, and even with Luna her attack shouldn't kill...

Spoiler

FSHB2pW.png
saiTEVD.png

Hinoka get's Ignis'd Also Flora's pose is weird lol

Spoiler

IVkz61D.png

Flora kill's Hinoka's backup with Attack stance

Spoiler

ydRUBUv.png
DYAZWwY.png
nQUcDwl.png

Then we get exp and Kaga seizes!

Spoiler

cCgcjWX.png

First time ever i win golden lottery lol

After securing the gate, Kaga hears about a certain ''Last Elitist'' in the outskirts of Tokyo. Leaving part of his forces behind, he goes to recruit her...

Spoiler

UXAl3Me.png

Midori's paralogue. It's pretty simple, so i won't talk much.

I just hold the boss between my units so she can't escape or attack (Yay bow boss...) while letting everyone else get some juicy exp

Spoiler

MaPo5bP.png
c1PVivX.png
YQr1fMv.png
iHhCaW4.png
5aS01HY.png
2wcipvl.png
84gbv7G.png
UrP0lxJ.png
wbxfnqP.png
FDvUJ1d.png
OnFgeei.png
86IDrF3.png
KoDtFCm.pngvfE90ls.png
iKMNekc.png
TNQU67n.png
idvqjc4.png
4nXaeDA.png

Farming.png. Elise ends the map by getting a def lvlup.

And so, ladies and gentleman, our last party member, Adventurer Midori!

Spoiler

hOA1mHr.png

Might need to forge some bows for her

Next: IS HQ

Serenes Forest... you fickle website you, I wrote this entire long comment for the last update but you did the bug FOR THE FIFTH TIME where you put in red “This field is required”, reverted the quote back to its OG, un-edited form, and the spoiler box (meaning it deleted all my text) and didn’t upload the post. Please god of Serenes... stop with this bug! I was too lazy to remake my comment last time!

Spoiler
34 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

f6vHass.png
kvqULUP.png

I agree, Azama.

That’s not a sentence I ever saw myself typing.

Hide contents

cCgcjWX.png

First time ever i win golden lottery lol

Really? I’ve won it around 4 times and I’ve done less Fates play throughout than you. But I guess “RNG giveth, RNG taketh away”.

Farming.png. Elise ends the map by getting a def lvlup.

Which stats has she capped?

And so, ladies and gentleman, our last party member, Adventurer Midori!

Hide contents

hOA1mHr.png

Might need to forge some bows for her

I forgot you were part of the PME!

Look SF

I’m putting words below it!

Please SF...

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
Spoiler

rKaLXwE.png

Elise's Death in the first turn....

You really have to kill the lunger's on enemy phase to keep the chain from really wiping you out...

SeCB9W9.jpg

Hinata's Squad gets Unlimited Entrap'd works!

Just being able to use those rare staff so much really warps the kinda strategies you can use. It makes me wonder how it would have played if it had the three houses style uses per map system with the staves.

Spoiler

LvQqqUw.png

For some reason the reinforcements were triggered early, probably due to Kaga snipe, and now i am in this hot mess...

You can trigger them early with flier cheese as well.

12 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Hide contents

q6OGuYA.png

You could do a real number on the walls just with Kagasnipe alone...

Spoiler

Dvm14Je.png
AxPt5wM.png

Odin somehow survives a vengeance proc with 2 HP remaining phew...

Odintanking is showing its power here.

Spoiler

RsoHIhQ.png

Elise finishes him off...

Heh, that is a great little edit there.

6 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
Spoiler

WMLWNl1.png

Hinoka does her thing, time to :panik:

It shouldn't be that hard to carve your way through enough enemies to reach that next dra-

Spoiler

vQbrbvy.png

Time to slow the pegasi down...

...that wasn't the Dragin Vein I was expecting, but that works just fine.

Spoiler

RNJB0V9.png

a miscalculation...

Oof. I tell this is a reset update by the name, but there is still a lot of images left.

7 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
Spoiler

5y1A158.png

Elise crit counter : 3

Started counting her utter overkill huh.

I entrapped some of the peeps in the inner circle, which triggered reinforcements and aggro'd the enemies. Basically, a mess xD

Uhoh, sounds like those gamebreaking hack strats are finally starting to bite you in the a-

We kill Setsuna and rescue Sophie out...

Hide contents

V2UIP6X.png'
q2syhUt.png

Hpwever the enemies don't stop coming. Reinforcements that usually appear when i am fighting Hinoka are appearing now. 

...That is a lot  of enemies...oh boy, yeah that is a reset right there...

A warp dance shelter chain! I try to start one, as Severa got Warp at lvl30, and so i let Elise approach Hinoka...

Thats clever, but it really is a bit of a longshot due to Hinoka's partner still being in the way...

84% Miss....

Oh well, i doubt the plan would've worked anyway, as i still needed to shelter with Peri, then warp kaga and dance, then kill the pair up, then move forward and seize. There was a hole in my plan, i think, but RNG got in the way before i could try it xD

Darn, it would have been cool to see the RNG cooperate long enough to see if there was a more critical flaw in this emergency strat, but oh well.

44 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

UO9HDqc.png

Now that is getting into some classic critiques of classic mode right there...

59 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:
Spoiler

PVgsUyz.png

and silence Azama

Again the ability to use rare staff all willy nilly opens up a lot of options...

Hide contents

IVHhlTi.png
f6vHass.png
kvqULUP.png

I kinda wonder how much of an impact it would really have. I think people over-hype the jump between casual and classic, especially when you think about it with Setsuna's comment in mind.

Hinoka get's Ignis'd Also Flora's pose is weird lol

That is a lucky break, to match the unlucky one on the last run.

Spoiler

idvqjc4.png
4nXaeDA.png

Candice is such a weird capturable enemy, as her unique model is believed to be the reason she can't class change like almost all the other playable units...

So many updates to comment on...

On 12/27/2020 at 8:07 AM, L3xandr3 said:

Effie has a decent base but meh 50% growth, and that requires her to stay a Knight. Keaton has other issues, mostly nonexistant Skill and Res. Beruka's just underwhelming.

All characters I mentioned go above 30 DEF. That´s solidly tanky.

15 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Decided to Brave Lance this time, as even if i miss i can atleast block one of Hinoka's attacks using Shield gauge, and even with Luna her attack shouldn't kill...

Hide contents

FSHB2pW.png

The Hell? That hitrate seems exceedingly low, even for the Brave Lance, considering Floras SKL and Quixotic.

Edit: Oh. Hinoka is on a gate and Winged Shield allows for terrain to affect fliers... making for a total of 95 Evasion.

Edited by Imuabicus

5 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

15 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Reveal hidden contents

FSHB2pW.png

The Hell? That hitrate seems exceedingly low, even for the Brave Lance, considering Floras SKL and Quixotic.

Also pictured: Why I think brave weapons are not good in this game. Losing defense in a game where defense is more important than ever is no good when you are using weapons with hit issues.

Episode 16: IS HQ

Kaga heads into the Headquarters

Spoiler

sadQJDc.png
qIzMNe1.png

Oh man, this chapter...

Those of you who remember back then in the Teehee thread the mental gymnatics i went through to get the chests on this chapter....

Here i have the problem that Kaga won't survive Ryoma for long, too frail, too slow, unlike my Corncob back then, so i have to get the chests in 20 turns, but...

Well, you will see...

Spoiler

dJnD4L4.png
fGO9TiU.png
9kJCRJo.png
cHFAlDQ.png
V6oEmRS.png

We start by Unlimited Entrap works'ing the ninjas with the help of Dance + Shelter and taking em out, then i notice something...

Spoiler

RuZWLvp.png

Kaga can snipe the outside from inside the room lmao

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

I think you all can imagine how this will go now lol

Spoiler

MidbxuZ.png

They rush at me, making me life super easy, while on the left we keep doing Unlimited Entrap Works

Spoiler

IMzLASh.png
MON77Pm.png
0xbc1Z7.png
Wxuzv5J.png
q7g9I8Y.png
WyR55LA.png

We finish them off, then start entraping the Automatas on the left

Spoiler

PXNZDTw.png

Kaga keeps sniping the enemies near the hallway of death

Spoiler

296AVhF.png
m2ikW3H.png
xPbKXlS.png

Life & Death meet Life & Death

Spoiler

MsSscE1.png
mCgsxg7.png
QKcipBx.png

We clean the left room, get the chest, then start heading to the right. That's turn 5 iirc.

Spoiler

ArYGGrG.png

I decide to start weakening Ryoma after the clearing the enemies Kaga can reach. He keeps evading ofc.

Spoiler

EZ5Bvbw.png
21TYSfY.png
hPZc0Y8.png
DKdmC5F.png
26lUdqZ.png
KMEZLD8.png
DMbKFAH.png
b3NAjyY.png
TkHzVtm.png

We keep cleaning the right part of the map while harassing Ryoma

Spoiler

ezNId4h.png

Odin x Flora OTP. I mean look at all these 24s!

Spoiler

uuIqujr.png

Flora's last lvlup is kinda eh. Oh well, she still amazing and she's definetly alot of help xD

Spoiler

mt2kYzw.png

Turn 15 we almost got the chest, and Kaga crits ryoma so i decide to not attack him for now or we kill him before we get the 10k gold

Spoiler

jiqgwg7.png

It's nice to see Flora burining so many enemies instead of herslf

Spoiler

V2u7ogB.png
SR6FH8v.png
9JCSYfR.png

We get the chest and finish of Kagero

Spoiler

zmPMY5J.png
5GeS2Oc.png
O7PxAJ5.png
3kyJPoB.png

And Kaga finishes Ryoma!

Before Kaga could take back control of his series, he finds the headquarters suddenly filled by mysterious soldiers and elitists who turn on him....

Spoiler

qsIHtuj.png

Ch26. Also a map that requires alot of mental gymnastics. Usually xD

Back when i did my legit run last month, i had to clean the first room in turn 1, using careful positioning and lotsa attack stance. And I was able to do it and then head to the right and slowly make my way to Iago while entraping Hans then letting the Bowzinator  Brave Bow Iago...

Well, in this run...

SeCB9W9.jpg

Ya know, i think i finally understood the phrase ''breaking a game can be fun'' since i usually am not fond of games who are easily broken, but this... this is another kind of fun i like, the chaotic kind xD

Spoiler

h7BNvxE.png
vXZNXYZ.png

We start by Kaga sniping and silencing maids, however...

Spoiler

Gdq6PCu.png
J3y297o.png

I forget to tradequip the right weapons and get peeps killed F

Reset Counter: 14

Spoiler

3SMUKUP.png

...I forgot about counter...

Reset Counter: 15

Why am i so bad xD

I guess breaking Ryoma's chapter with Staff savant like that turned my mind off or something haha

Spoiler

DDlCQBa.png
IcuCOIY.png
GTGF0Cc.png
6YjwRdo.png

This time i turn my mind on and take everything into consideration. We also see Life and Death Odin Crit in action with his forget Lightning Tome...

Spoiler

XTIx8k5.png
nLNnHsj.png
PHhjZBb.png
aD1yNzF.png
6GEdYHr.png
IdKyk1A.png

#KagaSnipe and we completely trivialize the map lolol

Spoiler

TbBg0gX.png
We8J7y4.png
LcRQ3FH.png
vBRMM9a.png

We start heading to the right with help of #KagaSnipe and Unlimited Silence works

Spoiler

gr739I3.png
0ccs5ss.png
6KgfujC.png

Hans got entrap'd, Rend Heaven'd and Critted. Triple combo leading to a strip

Spoiler

EeOEnqy.png
sYGher9.png
JmG1Tec.png

With the help of Silence and Entrap we capture the middle room pretty easily...

5D Chess mental gymnastics last run vs. Staff loli and Kagafigh this run xD

Spoiler

kbzIEAT.png
AB0IJR2.png
OJhpNYB.png
VEZdz0p.png

A skilled Odin can beat any Leo.

Well considering how useless my Leos usually turn out to be, i bet even an unskilled Odin can beat him.

Spoiler

sURpgkJ.png
P83Kmpt.png

We snipe the last maid and seize...

Lol

This was hilarious. The 2 maps were completely ripped apart by Kaga and Nyx xD

Next: Endgame - Maeda 4: End of the Emblem

Well, since next is finale and all, imma do a mini-review of the units

Spoiler

7ukBTDH.png

Kagafish. With his ability to snipe from 5 range away, he trivialized so many maps. Especially early on. And Ryoma's and Iago's chapter lol

Spoiler

lEy1jDT.png

The Eliseminator. Better than usual Camilla and Xander. Combined. Carried.

Spoiler

fa2a6SV.png

Odin Tank/Odin Dank. From Nosfetanking most of the game to oneshotting stuff late game. Truely his father's son. Robin x Lissa shippers where you at?

Spoiler

OUQDskz.png

Felicia was basically a Jagen. Really good early and mid game, however on the late midgame started she fell off quite a bit, especially with her mostly meh lvlups. Could still staffbot though!

Spoiler

XB2WkTB.png

Flora. Ignis. Critical. One shots. Serving with a smile. This Flora could be compared to the very strong late game units you get in classic FE to ensure you can finish the game.

Spoiler

NUDdUkv.png

SeCB9W9.jpg

Was also a killer with her Shining Bow

Spoiler

8Hh26Ds.png

Following on the Bowzinator's Footsteps, Sophie did an amazing job. Rend Heaven 24/7 and Replicate = 👌

Fates is slowly making Snipers one of my fav. Classes lol. Even if Sophie is edited to be strong, i still remember my Bowzinator well

Spoiler

Sw0wvKt.png

Real good. Although he didn't use his tanking capabilities much since i was usually Player Phase'ing, he was able to deal alot of damage. Bow breaker didn't find much use.

Spoiler

eiywYwB.png

Warping Dancer baby!

Spoiler

ddf5hzl.png

Camilla. Well, she fell off pretty hard late game. Equalizing her stats mean she couldn't really excel. However she was still amazing support with her personal skill and seal skills. That and coupled with attack stance with stronger partner mean she was still pretty useful!

Spoiler

lRS5z4f.png

She joined pretty late, however she pulled her weight for the chapters she was here. I was planning some sick Pass strats in Ryoma's chapter before i saw how Kagasnipe completely trivialized it xD

I gave her my Talismans so she can Res tank a bit....

Spoiler

EN0toSg.png

She was fast, and she could tank mages, but she was kinda blind. Still had use thanks to shelter though! And she still doubled alot of peeps. Aslong as she had weapon advantage she could take out some peeps when some dual attacked with her

Spoiler

V6cPkeh.png

Even with Dancing Blade he wasn't fast enough to double alot of enemies early on and that lead to him falling off pretty damn hard, since he still had bad ATK

Spoiler

4A0WWRD.png

Niles, useless as usual. Atleast he could locktouch, or debuff when needed, but even there i used Camilla as she could also take a counter

Spoiler

3KdeY6G.png

Laslow's problem is that his join chapter is followed by some chapters with less deployment slots than his join chapter, which made him fall off hard. Atleast he could rally...

Spoiler

cX5h9ds.png

His higher STR and vantage didn't help his abyssmal hitrates.

18 hours ago, Sooks said:

reverted the quote back to its OG, un-edited form, and the spoiler box (meaning it deleted all my text) and didn’t upload the post. Please god of Serenes... stop with this bug! I was too lazy to remake my comment last time!

Try to not qoute the next line at the end of the spoiler tag, that usually leads to bugs.

17 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You really have to kill the lunger's on enemy phase to keep the chain from really wiping you out..

yeah that's what i was trying to do, but they have duelist blow. Add that to weapon advantage he was over Elise, and boom dead. On my legit run i had Calamity Gate Corncob there, and even he still had like 70 hit iirc, which also led to some resets xD

Just being able to use those rare staff so much really warps the kinda strategies you can use. It makes me wonder how it would have played if it had the three houses style uses per map system with the staves

That would be interesting. I magine Entrap would be a 1 use per map spell, which will allow the play to trivialize some parts of maps in Conquest, but at the same time maps where you usually hoard entrap for will get quite a bit harder

I kinda wonder how much of an impact it would really have. I think people over-hype the jump between casual and classic, especially when you think about it with Setsuna's comment in mind

Honestly, i never played casual mode myself, and Classic mode was one of the main draws for me to get into Fire Emblem, but in alot of the gaming & jrpg circles perma death scares quite alot of people, and i can imagine that being the case for alot of the newcomers.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Losing defense in a game where defense is more important than ever

It's only important if you enemy phase alot. Something you definetly shouldn't do in Conquest. As i like to player phase and use attack stance to the max, brave weapons are super good as they can ensure kills during a dual attack even when a weaker unit is initiating.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
Spoiler

qIzMNe1.png

Oh man, this chapter...

Those of you who remember back then in the Teehee thread the mental gymnatics i went through to get the chests on this chapter....

Here i have the problem that Kaga won't survive Ryoma for long, too frail, too slow, unlike my Corncob back then, so i have to get the chests in 20 turns, but...

Well, you will see...

Just out of curiosity, could Kaga warp out of the Ryoma trap?

Kaga can snipe the outside from inside the room lmao

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

I think you all can imagine how this will go now lol

Oh...that is going to really break the hallway of death isn't it...

Ya know, i think i finally understood the phrase ''breaking a game can be fun'' since i usually am not fond of games who are easily broken, but this... this is another kind of fun i like, the chaotic kind xD

To be fair the game also broke back a time or two...

Spoiler

Gdq6PCu.png
J3y297o.png

I forget to tradequip the right weapons and get peeps killed F

Oof. Trade-equiping is one of those vital moves that can easily be forgotten about, or simply thrown off by unit placement.

Spoiler

3SMUKUP.png

...I forgot about counter...

At least it wasn't Awakening counter, but I guess its still dangerous if you forget about it...

Hide contents

XTIx8k5.png
nLNnHsj.png
PHhjZBb.png
aD1yNzF.png
6GEdYHr.png
IdKyk1A.png

#KagaSnipe and we completely trivialize the map lolol

Wow...Kagasnipe breaks this game in half. I can't help wondering what could happen if he was given Lunge as well...I guess it wouldn't help here, but...

Try to not qoute the next line at the end of the spoiler tag, that usually leads to bugs.

What do you mean the next line at the end of the spoiler tag? I am very much having issues this update.

On 12/27/2020 at 12:52 AM, Father Shrimpas said:

I only used meals ones, and it gave debuffs as well so decided to never use it again xD

Lemme guess - it was Felicia who cooked it.

On 12/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, Father Shrimpas said:

I dunno about that - sometimes I think the skepticism is warranted. One look at, say, Beruka's Axe, and I can't help but think "Wow, that's terrible!"

It's only important if you enemy phase alot. Something you definetly shouldn't do in Conquest. As i like to player phase and use attack stance to the max, brave weapons are super good as they can ensure kills during a dual attack even when a weaker unit is initiating.

I'm not even talking about that. What I am taking about is that I'd rather not chance it in a game that WILL find a way to fuck you over when you least expect it.

Reveal hidden contents

cX5h9ds.png

His higher STR and vantage didn't help his abyssmal hitrates.

Of course Arthur turned out useless. Why in Anankos's name am I NOT surprised...???

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

V6cPkeh.png

Even with Dancing Blade he wasn't fast enough to double alot of enemies early on and that lead to him falling off pretty damn hard, since he still had bad ATK

Grrr... Why Silas? You where made for better than this...

Of course, even with his skills, I doubt he could really keep up with that abomination of stats that is Elise. Or Nyx Staff Savant. To much OP leaves little room for anything else.

Endgame: Maeda 4 - End of the Emblem

Kaga heads to the innermost part of the HQ. There, he finds the unbelieveable...

Spoiler

ZPdRhR9.png
nkczzT8.png

Part 1 of Endgame. It's a short map, but don't let it fool you. Especially not the group in the middle with Spendthrift. Also ALL range entrap maidens, but tbf, the units in the room with the entrap maidens don't act in turn 1, so you can salvage the situation, if they entrap the ''wrong'' unit. Even though you should've every unit pair upd, except the 2 top rooms.

Spoiler

hT2BoMZ.png
YgjEbNg.png
JBnyEHC.png

Flore and Odin deal with the top left room

Spoiler

Ch2O0ZZ.png

while Elise and Benny do the top right room

Spoiler

EkVRVQQ.png

Odin my friend almost green all around

Spoiler

mg1hf0o.png

We entrap that guy and Kaga crits his ass

Spoiler

ZRYCeTg.png

Camilla with the late game almost perfect level up!

Spoiler

BuexHLo.png
gbXTE52.png
tTtbakW.png
7tKqx3h.png
kwP3HXy.png

We deal with the Lancers while Kaga finally gets part of the Truth

Spoiler

D1HQRhc.png
RNqcG55.png
UIm5nBw.png
FKoAfDa.png
EZbcpa9.png

Odin Dank deals the finishing blow, then....

Spoiler

4fyb58P.png
lGxm9th.png
csmtC02.png
Akig9WW.png
5BiaHi5.png
qKH61HF.png

Maeda appears!

Spoiler

Z65DO65.png

One of the few final maps in the series i can say i love <3. Staff savant Enfeeble is bs and all yeah, but i find the map to be pretty good and above like, 80% of the final maps in the series.

Spoiler

WiJi8ET.png
M6kPeXC.png
lpGRhKK.png

Last Minute Revelation ad

Spoiler

Z5heB63.png
NXv2txx.png
IU5m0FQ.png

We start by silencing the maids with Nyx and Midori, tanking with Odin Dank and advance like tha until turn 3, where he charges his 2nd map attack, then....

Spoiler

eKL2ZYE.png
kZ3SpLr.png
EHjF1E8.png

I decide to go all in! Benny uses his rescue staff and rescues Nyx, who then rescues Elise!

Spoiler

2FevEwy.png
8B2jVqj.png

Odin with the opening act against Mr. Pineapple. He proc'd vengeance, but thankfully i had shield gauge xD

Spoiler

Vd9juCZ.png
vROEWjw.png

Kaga barely survives. Thankfully no vengeance proc or it would've been gg

Spoiler

yCT2c0Q.png

I warp Severa in, who dances Kaga with Flora pair up...

Spoiler

jh8d1SE.png
QoNRDCw.png
3wYTNUX.png

''YOU LEAVE ME NO CHOICE!''

Flora, after the BBQ in birthright, bbq's the whole of Hoshido in Conquest xD

I wanted Odin to end it for the memes, but Flora is fitting, too! truely Odin's otp...

Spoiler

aUIWymO.png
xR5Jlun.png
Hw5qSLI.png

giphy.gif

Well...

That's it! 

Even though i had alot of gamebreaking tools on my hand, it was still pretty damn fun, mainly thanks to Fates' solid gameplay mechanics. 

I hope you all enjoyed this as much as i did!

Next time i decide to do conquest, i might do a class switcher run, where every unit get's the other nations equivalent of their class. But it will be a while until i do that, since i did 2 conquest runs in like a month xD

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Just out of curiosity, could Kaga warp out of the Ryoma trap?

nope!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What do you mean the next line at the end of the spoiler tag? I am very much having issues this update

Hmm, how can i explain it...

Try to not qoute the line breaks between the text and spoiler.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Lemme guess - it was Felicia who cooked it.

Nope, one of the boys, don't remember who xD

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

One look at, say, Beruka's Axe, and I can't help but think "Wow, that's terrible!"

There's quite a big difference between Brave Weapons (who help me quite alot) and Beruka's Axe xD

20 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

Of course, even with his skills, I doubt he could really keep up with that abomination of stats that is Elise. Or Nyx Staff Savant. To much OP leaves little room for anything else.

Even with Elise other units who started in the same time frame as silas rose to be good. Silas problem was that he couldn't double much like 2 chapters after his join, which is a problem as a myrmidon and not getting any STR for a few lvls....