Why I love Id purpose

Ottservia

Honestly, Id Purpose is probably my favorite final boss theme in any video game that I have played. The only other track that even remotely comes close is "Proof of A Hero" from Monster Hunter. There's good reason for it too. Id Purpose as a piece of music basically encapsulates everything awakening stands for as video game with a message behind it. Awakening is a story about defying one's destiny and overcoming one's failure and Id purpose captures that message perfectly. My favorite part is around the midpoint of the song where Grima starts sinking with a deeper choir showing his dominance. The lyrics in both japanese and latin basically has him saying things along the lines "It is pointless to defy me! I am far too powerful for you worms! Now succumb to your despair ridden fates!" or you something along those lines and then the fire emblem theme begins to play over that. It slowly gets louder and louder until it completely overtakes Grima's choir. The lyrics suggest that the one singing there is Robin, Chrom, Lucina, and all the other shepards saying they're not gonna give up because together their bonds are strong enough to defeat Grima and change their destinies. The lyrics in general are from Robin's perspective. As the premium arrange version illustrates. The song starts off with Robin recounting all the things he's been through with Chrom and the others. How he's forged these bonds with them and how he wants to protect them. He won't succumb to despair because he has his friends by his side and that he and Grima are not the same. He has the choice to defy Grima. He has the power to choose his own destiny and tackle whatever future awaits him along his chosen path. It's honestly a beautiful message and one I think everyone could stand to hear. Sometimes when we stumble or fail or whatever, it all just seems hopeless. Sometimes you think it's all just pointless but you do have the power to change your future. You don't have to face the future alone. You have people by your side who will never abandon you. People who will give you the strength to keep moving forward and face whatever challenges lie ahead. That is what Id Purpose and awakening's story are to me.