Dec. 15th Nintendo Indie World Showcase

Zapp Branniglenn

I don't know about you guys but my Switch has basically been the machine I play Smash and indie games on for the last three years. Maybe something cool will get announced tomorrow. For me personally, I'm hoping for news on Axiom Verge 2. Loved the first game. It was slated to release sometime this year but we haven't gotten any updates in over a year which has been a bummer. Announcement of a Rogue Legacy 2 Switch port would be cool too, but that game is still in early access so news like that probably isn't imminent. What else, I think Cyber Shadow is likely. I know Yacht Club announces things like that in their own nintendo direct style videos, but this feels like the more appropriate place to mention the amiibo content that's exclusive to Switch. This also feels like the perfect time to announce a switch port of Fall Guys or Among Us while the fifteen minutes of internet fame for these games hasn't yet run out. Also where the heck is the switch port for Battle Brothers?

Edited by Glennstavos

Silksong, Silksong, please Silksong. It's been years!

Ok, that's done. I normally don't keep up with this sort of thing, but I do have some cash to spare at present...

Alright, another one of these, probably the last set of announcements for 2020.

IT also bugged out mid video so I only got to see Spelunky before the video got stuck.

Spoiler

First off is Spelunky 1 + 2 getting a port, definitely next year (Spelunker's successor finally on a Ninty console). Next is a cat-fighting game that looks like it's made by the Untitled Goose Game guys, with shields and everything, followed by a party game called Very Very Valet, then a 2-D beat-em up set in the Peruvian jungle with A Hat In Time cameos called Tunche. Then there's a 2D Ninja Gaiden game called Cyber-Shadow. Next is a game called Calico, which has you making a cat cafe. I guess. It's out Today. Alba A Wildlife Adventure is about a girl fixing stuff in her island home, I am really not following this lot this time. GNOSIA is next and it looks like a Danganronpa clone in space about finding aliens with looping a part of the game's design. Then there's a game that's got creepy stuff contrasting the cute aesthetic again from Amanita Design called Happy Game, sure, it's about saving a kid with horror puzzles, followed by a Super Meat Boy sequel (WHAT?), it's a timed exclusive too! Next is Grindstone which is a puzzle game where you charge through enemies (Why do I think it's got P2W?).

Then there's a montage of stuff, some puzzles, some exploration, one where you sail on a boat and fight off enemies, pretty much all of it Spring releases. Then Among Us gets a port as the biggest news (A 3 YEAR OLD GAME), it's out today and I wonder would a stylus work with it? I'd play it.

TL:DR: Very little big reveals, but Among Us got dropped today, Super Meat Boy actually got a sequel, the cat fighter could be dumb fun and there's more than a few puzzle games too.

Tunche and Cyber Shadow were best in show for me. Among Us port turned out be a solid bet as well, but I didn't get my Axiom Verge 2. That's a switch exclusive, where else can we expect updates on that? Here's hoping 2021 is a better year for Metroid games.

Edited by Glennstavos

I definitely liked Cyber Shadow alot. I might pick up Among Us on the Nintendo Switch since I don't have the game on PC version (I don't know if the server will be remotely played on other consoles?). I do wanted to see what that Cat Fighters game called Fisti-Fluffs more before I decided to pick it up.