Special Heroes: A Festival Miracle

Othin

😉 For Sephiran's inclusion. I wish it wasn't Seasonal, but, ☺️ anyhow.

Now please lay off the Tellius Seasonals for a bit so as to not incur the ire of non-Tellius players, give them some Seasonal love. 

P.S. It can't be a coincidence that Dheg, Seph, and Alt have all gone Seasonal. Don't tell me Soane the silent and most forgettable is waiting in the shadows. 🤔

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

qRtYyDI.png

HELL YES

https://imgur.com/a/osxjpQf#qRtYyDI

23 minutes ago, SirErrant said:

Best Christmas gift ever! Let's hope he turns out to be good... 🤞 

His art is good, that's all that matters

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

WOOOOOO
had he been infantry though so much better. I have a Midori just chilling here

Hilda being  an armour saves my orbs (because if she were lance infantry it would be on like kong). 
Bernie is adorable just stuck in her house.. 

New Years though has always been my jam. 
I'm not sure if my Healer Harem needs that staff (it sounds cool though)

If I don't get a Colorless, I'm tapping Blue for at least one Hilda

She's a great +10 Project tho

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It certainly makes the game situation a bit odd, but I feel like it's not too out of line.

It does raise some odd questions about other games, though. For Jugdral and Elibe, they could do the same shenanigans to allow combinations like Njorun+Altena or Roland+Eliwood, but not with FE8 because there's no second game to push one of the units off to.

Admittedly, Heroes just said that Harmonic Heroes are from "different games", not "different universes" so it's not out of line. It just feels like it's not following the "spirit" of Harmonic Heroes. Plus, it's also weird because unless I recall wrong, I think PoR and RD (along with both Jugdral games) are counted together for Limited Hero Battles. So they're close enough to the same universe to count together for LHB, but still eligible as two different games for Harmonic Heroes? Yeah. Okay. Sure.

Well, I actually was starting to save orbs (at 51, which for my standards is impressive) but this banner is so in line with my tastes that I have to go all-in on this one. The fact that they're also offering extra sparks on this banner made this decision all the easier.

Oh, and I'll also point out that they still managed to invoke Black Eagle bias here by making the Blue Lions rep the TT unit and the Golden Deer rep the 4* focus.

22 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Someone in Heroes REALLY likes Sanaki.

And someone else on the Heroes team (unless it's the same guy) also can't decide on a English voice for Sanaki unless if this is another error like Fluorspar Selena's English voice credit. She is now the first character to get recast twice: Erin Fitzgerald -> Sara Beth -> Sara Cravens.

The one downside to Sephiran is that I'm already planning on going colorless for my anniversary free summon, because I'm missing so many cool colorless seasonals from this past year. Thats not a good reason to not go for a unit I want right now, but it'll be quite frustrating if I spark him and then end up getting a second copy.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Admittedly, Heroes just said that Harmonic Heroes are from "different games", not "different universes" so it's not out of line. It just feels like it's not following the "spirit" of Harmonic Heroes. Plus, it's also weird because unless I recall wrong, I think PoR and RD (along with both Jugdral games) are counted together for Limited Hero Battles. So they're close enough to the same universe to count together for LHB, but still eligible as two different games for Harmonic Heroes? Yeah. Okay. Sure.

Yeah, Tellius and Jugdral are the two that do that. It does make it even weirder, but I think it's more a matter of roster sizes than lore.

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

qRtYyDI.png

HELL YES

https://imgur.com/a/osxjpQf#qRtYyDI

His art is good, that's all that matters

If I don't get a Colorless, I'm tapping Blue for at least one Hilda

She's a great +10 Project tho

yah. i mean for armours is not so bad. be someone i ❤️  anyway

can could work for tactics teams. (3H tactic team 👏) will probably tap green for Bernie, Blue for Hildas

I was downvoted on Reddit for guessing Sephiran, Hilda, and Felix, and that this would be a mixed banner, so I feel SO FREAKING VINDICATED RIGHT NOW. Granted, that doesn't mean I'm going to use too many of my orbs for this banner, if any at all...but I still feel vindicated. 

My attempt at cleaning up the Winter 2020 silhouettes : FireEmblemHeroes (reddit.com)

Bernie's critical animation is making a house appear to hide herself in while the attack happens. It's brilliant.

And holy crap I love everyone in this banner. I will save orbs and spark until I can get at least one of each.

I definitely want a few Hildas, but I don't have the orbs to try to +10. If I approach a spark getting said Hildas I'll grab Altina with it, unless my luck is abysmally bad. Felix is looking like tasty food for my Norne if his bow has the same effect as Hilda's lance, which it should.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And someone else on the Heroes team (unless it's the same guy) also can't decide on a English voice for Sanaki unless if this is another error like Fluorspar Selena's English voice credit. She is now the first character to get recast twice: Erin Fitzgerald -> Sara Beth -> Sara Cravens.

Sara Cravens has probably been Sara Beth all along. Beth is Cravens’s middle name!

it’s not the first time FEH has also credited an actor that normally goes uncredited/ under an alias... see one of the more recent examples, Minae Noji being uncredited for Cynthia and Idunn but not Say’ri lol

PoR and RD are separate for Resonant battles, so a PoR/RD Harmonic makes sense for that mode. But it would’ve been nice to see some for other games before doubling up on RD.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

PoR and RD are separate for Resonant battles, so a PoR/RD Harmonic makes sense for that mode. But it would’ve been nice to see some for other games before doubling up on RD.

Yeah... That's the only thing I didnt like...

Altina is here to powercreep herself not bad. Getting Sephiran as a Staff Armor would be cool. I hope my bad luck with 4* focus can let me get at least one Hilda. I should probably save my orbs though and see what's on the NY banner because I don't want them to release Marianne while I'm broke.

Tellius and 3H...well, it has a relatively easy to get Hilda alt so that's good enough for me. 

Anyways, let's see how everyone fares as units: 

W!Sephiran screams "Fodder me". Being an infantry healer means you're going to need an exceptional stat spread to even have a chance of being used outside of favoritism so we'll see. His fodder is interesting, his staff is like a mix of Toasty Skewer with Guard which isn't all that great when Melancholy+ gives the stronger Guard effect and the Drive Def/Res is meh. His B skill looks cool at first glance but it is too inconsistent for my tastes so eh. 

W!Bernie is green Bernie with extra BST and has her >100% HP condition active since the beginning of the match. Just don't pair her with school Dimitri because her Prf will ruin his. Not much else to say, she's a ranged nuke on a horse and will probably be quite fragile. 

W!Hilda is...not great. As much as I adore her I have to face reality and she isn't going to be on B!Hector's level for the remainder of this game's lifespan. Her Lance combines Guard and a more generous Bond effect which is pretty nice, but nothing crazy. As for fodder, Atk/Def Form is meh and Even Follow Up is inconsistent so she'll need heave SI to be competitive. Considering it's Hilda, she'll probably be pretty fast but have meager Res to make up for it so that's unique enough for Lance Armors to let her carve a niche, small as it'll be. 

The Harmonic pair should've been a Duo because PoR and RD are like the same thing (although how different PoR Ike looks from RD Ike always made me have my doubts. I know it's because Greil is a beefcake so it makes sense for Ike to follow through, but still). So Altina drops the flying shenanigans to walk alongside her descendant, which is pretty endearing and it's also pretty dangerous as she now gets access to all the repertoire of disgusting Infantry only skills she couldn't dream of getting before. Or that would be the case if not for the fact that most of those powerful skills are geared towards speedsters so the only things she can make use of is her native NCD and maybe Wrath. That's pretty comparable to the Rein skills her OG version has access to so they're both pretty comparable outside of the obvious BST boost W!Altina will have. So yeah, nice unit but not a must have. 

Personal score: 4/10. Will try to get W!Hilda to +1 but dip afterwards. 

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Erin Fitzgerald actually quit, because she stopped doing non-Union work a couple of years ago, so it's not a case of someone on FEH not deciding on her voice. Laura Bailey stopped voicing Lucina for the same reason.

17 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Sara Cravens has probably been Sara Beth all along. Beth is Cravens’s middle name!

Well, then that's egg on my face if you're correct.

17 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

it’s not the first time FEH has also credited an actor that normally goes uncredited/ under an alias... see one of the more recent examples, Minae Noji being uncredited for Cynthia and Idunn but not Say’ri lol

Yeah, and Taliesin Jaffe using his actual name for Gangrel but then going back to "T. Axelrod" for ninja Navarre within the same year is another example. I will never understand how crediting works in English voice acting industry.

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

Erin Fitzgerald actually quit, because she stopped doing non-Union work a couple of years ago, so it's not a case of someone on FEH not deciding on her voice. Laura Bailey stopped voicing Lucina for the same reason.

Yeah, I know Fitzgerald left for union-related reasons in addition to Bailey and Travis Willingham. I guess I should've just said that they keep changing Sanaki's English voice (unless if Sara Beth is Sara Cravens).

Altina! My 600+ orbs are ready. Will pull some blue as well for Hilda.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Altina being Harmonic instead of more typical duo is silly tbh, they are not from diff worlds..... PoR and RD isn't even separated by decades like Binding and Blazing blade is...

To be fair, Altina and Sanaki themselves are separated by many, many more years than Binding and Blazing. Centuries rather than decades.

Oh great, my favourite gets really high in cyl only to be shoved into a TT and left completely underwhelming as a unit at best.

His art is okay, but I am so disappointed. I don't care about merging him or how this could be good in the long term, it feels like a slap in the face right now. He got the same treatment as pre-ts Lorenz for crying out loud. (I like Lorenz, but we all know what I am talking about).

I feel so demotivated for this game already, am having one of the worst months of my life and when I thought I'd get a little pick-me-up, they give me this.

~Sephiran doesn't really excite me in any particular way, especially considering I +10ed Winter Eirika and I'm more than positive he's gonna powercreep her in every single way possible, but... ah sorry, I really don't have any particularly strong feelings here...

~...okay Bernie's weapon is actually awesome in animation, they've really been stepping up on their tomes lately.
But... why does she have to inflict damage to her allies as well? There aren't a whole lot of units who want to be 1 point below their max HP. Sealed Falchion is pretty much the only one I can think of immediately.

~Hilda's Candy Cane+ looks pretty good actually. Provides a number of lances a good defensive option without forcing them to enter Sudden Panic territory. Hilda herself... eh. Again, not particularly strong feelings.

~...shit. One of the things that made facing Altina tolerable was that she couldn't get Mythic bonuses and had semi-limited SI options.
...SHIT her defenses are good. SHIT she's infantry and has access to some of the strongest skills in the game. Damnit, now I have to worry about ANOTHER Aether Raids threat...

Does AFM!Sephiran's Tannenbaton grant Guard to himself or to allies? I assume it is to allies. If so, that would be really powerful, letting any staff unit rival BH!Lucina in support capabilities. Odd Recovery is also okay; I think Eir's targeted 10 HP every turn is still better than close range mass heal 20 HP every other turn, but it is not bad.

AFM!Bernadetta is decent. She pairs well with ANF!Lysithea.

Oof! AFM!Hilda is the blue demote. That means she is going to "pity break" my Shannas. I have not gotten a Shanna in like at least two or three months now.

AFM!Altina can be really strong as a Counter-Vantage unit and can use Fierce Breath well.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Does AFM!Sephiran's Tannenbaton grant Guard to himself or to allies? I assume it is to allies. If so, that would be really powerful, letting any staff unit rival BH!Lucina in support capabilities.

It's surprisingly unclear, but I think the Guard effect is for him only. If it was for allies, I think the description would open with "Allies within 2 spaces gain:"