Special Heroes: A Festival Miracle

Othin

Winter Sephiran: his inheritable staff is pretty neat (Drive Def/Res 1 and Guard effect) and has a pretty neat team support skill in Odd Recovery. Though for the case of Odd Recovery, it seems to be more useful for AR-D teams (as a counter to Isolation effects coming from Mila and Bride Fjorm as well as the turn 3 Bolt Tower assuming the Odd Recovery user doesn't get sniped, and Tempest Trials autobattle teams (which is more of a luxury than a necessity). Even Recovery would probably be more immediately useful in the hands of players (counters Duma's Upheaval damage and can complement allies using Renewal 3 since Renewal 3 only works on odd-numbered turns).

Winter Bernadetta: largely a standard premium player phase green mage cavalier. Hrist is neat in setting up Brunnya and Idunn as well as Bernadetta herself. I can imagine that she'd be useful as a Legendary Chrom counterpick.

Winter Hilda: Candy Cane isn't bad but it's not lance Carrot Cudgel. Atk/Def Form seems nice on her if no DC since as an armored unit, she'd likely be sticking with her (armored) allies anyways. Even Follow-Up is kind of a surprise on a 4* unit but it's already pretty lame since it's not Special Fighter or Bold Fighter though being an armored unit is pretty oof nowadays. (She could be good for Pawns of Loki but Pawns of Loki prefers beasts, bows, and dagger units during physical weapons bonus periods.)

Harmonic Altina+Sanaki: appears to be heavily advertised for AR-O teams rather than Resonant Battles thanks to having a DC Brave Prf weapon, Atk/Res Unity, and Null C-Disrupt and gets Vantage via Harmonic skill. And if the original Altina unit were to be of any indication, she'd have high Atk, decent mixed bulk with an emphasis on Res, and dump Spd. Also probably the most boring of a pair-up thus far since Altina and Sanaki are almost from the same game (they're both Tellius characters, just that one is from the lore and is treated as a Radiant Dawn character while the other appears in both Tellius games but the depiction used is from her Path of Radiance appearance).

Winter Felix: his being an armored unit doesn't do him any favors outside of Pawns of Loki (now if only there could be a 3-4* available red bow unit). And knowing IS, his Swift Sparrow 2 would likely be a 5* unlock.

F2P-friendly colored bows thus far:
Red: none
Blue: Jorge, Winter Felix
Green: Python, Rath

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Winter Sephiran: his inheritable staff is pretty neat (Drive Def/Res 1 and Guard effect) and has a pretty neat team support skill in Odd Recovery.

Wait what *double take* -- his staff is inheritable?! Okay, I'm summoning one of him if only to give his staff to Elena if she doesn't get a better one! Also Odd Recovery, in case she doesn't get Even Recovery or something. (I'm assuming it's an inheritable skill since he's not a mythic/legendary/brave with "this unit only" skills.) This guy just jumped WAY UP in summon priority, just so I can potentially fodder his skills off to a unit who isn't in the game yet. I may need to summon 2, actually, since he's also a collectable. (*looks at Original Ephraim, who is holding Tannenboom!+ from the only Christmas Robin I ever got* What is it with me and foddering Christmas units? It explains why I only have 4 (Chrom, Marth+Elice, Jaffar, and Cecilia), anyway...)

8 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Wait what *double take* -- his staff is inheritable?! Okay, I'm summoning one of him if only to give his staff to Elena if she doesn't get a better one! Also Odd Recovery, in case she doesn't get Even Recovery or something. (I'm assuming it's an inheritable skill since he's not a mythic/legendary/brave with "this unit only" skills.) This guy just jumped WAY UP in summon priority, just so I can potentially fodder his skills off to a unit who isn't in the game yet. I may need to summon 2, actually, since he's also a collectable. (*looks at Original Ephraim, who is holding Tannenboom!+ from the only Christmas Robin I ever got* What is it with me and foddering Christmas units? It explains why I only have 4 (Chrom, Marth+Elice, Jaffar, and Cecilia), anyway...)

Yeah, Odd Recovery is definitely inheritable but we don't know the restrictions. My guess is that it's staffs, but who knows.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Odd Recovery is definitely inheritable but we don't know the restrictions. My guess is that it's staffs, but who knows.

We'll know soon enough, anyway. ^_^ Man, I'm so excited! I can't wait for Elena to come into the game! I have things to give her in case IS doesn't address her high order-alignment! Hope she gets a refresher alt, too (as in, in addition) -- maybe as a duo unit with little Mist so they can sing their song together.

Hilda is a pretty good demote. Even outside of my fondness of her, her fodder is actually unique and interesting!. Candy Cane+ is a fantastic lance since its packing both atk / def bond + Guard with a restriction that isn't that hard to satisfy. Atk Def Form 3 and Even Follow-Up aren't anything anything to write home about, but they are at least new skills that won't cost an arm & a leg to access. Definetly going to pick up at least one copy of her.

Felix is pretty cool too. He's the first Armored Bow unit we'll have access to and he'll be passible if he has the same weapon as Hilda. That being said, I'm generally not a fan of armored range units; they tend to feel a bit lacking w/o CC.

Other units on the banner look cool, but I don't have many orbs to spare for them.

54 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Winter Sephiran: his inheritable staff is pretty neat (Drive Def/Res 1 and Guard effect)

Do we know for sure that the Guard effect is for allies or just for himself? I assume it is for his allies, but the description is not too clear.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do we know for sure that the Guard effect is for allies or just for himself? I assume it is for his allies, but the description is not too clear.

I feel like it would have been separate sentences for himself, I think it's more likely that a translator forgot quotation marks. 

Stats [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

do2524kalo561.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Altina
Super Assets: Atk
Super Flaws: none

Hilda
Super Assets: Atk, Res
Super Flaws: none
*Even Follow-Up 3 is the 4* skill.

Bernadetta
Super Assets: Spd
Super Flaws: HP

Sephiran
Super Assets: Res
Super Flaws: Atk, Spd, Def

Felix
Super Assets: none
Super Flaws: Res
*Dull Ranged 3 is the 4* skill.

RD Spoilers

Spoiler

I may not like Micaiah, but it kind of sucks that she was left out of this family gathering for Christmas.

31 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

RD Spoilers

Hide contents

I may not like Micaiah, but it kind of sucks that she was left out of this family gathering for Christmas.

Spoiler

Maybe Micaiah is just late for the party, and is coming as December's Legendary... arriving on December 25th.

Looks like, for this holiday story, Felix has picked up Ingrid's usual job: herding cats. Those three are fun, but they're also kind of out of place here, with the theme centered around Sephiran, Sanaki, and Altina. It probably would have been better to have Micaiah and Sothe around. Maybe Soan, too, to fill in that last spot?

Edit: More RD Spoilers

Spoiler

Looks like Sanaki inherited Sephiran's taste in pants.

Edited by Mercakete

The story segment was very cute just like the duo hero conversation. I liked how Sephiran was already Sanaki's dad and that she now has a mom too. Sanaki putting her foot down and forcing Sephiran to spend time with Altina while being her usual cheeky self about it was quite fun. The Fodlan trio were completely out of place in this family Christmas story but I think that's exactly why they worked so well. Sanaki helping her dad sort out his issues while a very annoyed Felix has to berate Hilda and Bernie in the background just combines so well with each other. 

30 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

From that Duo conversation, this is clearly RD Sanaki. Does that make Altina the PoR representative, even though her original version is from RD?

I mean, Altina has been equally dead for centuries regardless of whether it's PoR or RD, so I guess it really doesn't matter either way.

1 hour ago, UNLEASH IT said:

From that Duo conversation, this is clearly RD Sanaki. Does that make Altina the PoR representative, even though her original version is from RD?

She's grouped with RD units, and previous Harmonics have been grouped with the lead unit's game. So I think there's shenanigans here one way or another.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:16 AM, Diovani Bressan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe Micaiah is just late for the party, and is coming as December's Legendary... arriving on December 25th.

I guess not.