Jump to content
Othin

Special Heroes: A Festival Miracle

Recommended Posts

Welp... looks like I accidentally double-posted. Sorry.

Just now, Landmaster said:

FREE FELIX, LEZ GOOOOOO

Best Christmas gift ever! Let's hope he turns out to be good... 🤞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I had no idea they could do that for Harmonized Heroes... does having Altina and Sanaki paired together really count as them being from two separate games? Eh, it's a good pairing anyway...

(wait, but then by that logic Hector and Lilina should be Harmonized Heroes too, right? What is IS thinking?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felix and Sephiran are here! Also new versions of Hilda and Bernie, and Altina+Sanaki as the Harmonic.

I'm not impressed with Bernie, but everyone else here looks great to me. Hilda being the demote will be great for giving me a chance to finally pick her up, and I've been looking forward to Sephiran. Choosing between him and Altina for my spark will be painful, but hopefully I won't have to. Technically I still don't have to, but I'm not interested in a multispark, I'm behind on the orbs I'll need for just one. If it comes down to it, I'll probably go for Sephiran.

And we've got our first non-armored winter units!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SirErrant said:

Also, I had no idea they could do that for Harmonized Heroes... does having Altina and Sanaki paired together really count as them being from two separate games? Eh, it's a good pairing anyway...

(wait, but then by that logic Hector and Lilina should be Harmonized Heroes too, right? What is IS thinking?)

I guess they're from two different games in a "technical" sense while defeating the "spirit" of Harmonic Heroes.

Hector and Lilina still count under the same game because the Hector they're using is the older Hector when Lilina was about 5ish from the end of Blazing Blade. I think it would only count as Harmonic if it was FE7's teenage Hector with FE6's teenage Lilina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, a tricky one for me. Sparkable Duos are always the pragmatic choice for me, but Harmonics are not really all that interesting and I'm far too lazy to match them up to the right team in terms of source game. Plus, y'know, sword infantry. Essentially it comes down to sparking either this or the Sacred Stones banner, or more specifically, sparking for the Harmonic vs chasing Duessel. Utility versus a character I like.

In terms of the other units on this banner, it's a solid meh. A good horse mage is always welcome especially as my launch ones are really starting to struggle. But the armours are both underwhelming, with no Dazzling or Wrathful on Sephiran, and Hilda being the demote. Hmm, I may have just talked myself into not bothering. Hopefully the NY banner will bring a genuine Duo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Felix and Sephiran are here! Also new versions of Hilda and Bernie, and Altina+Sanaki as the Harmonic.

I'm not impressed with Bernie, but everyone else here looks great to me. Hilda being the demote will be great for giving me a chance to finally pick her up, and I've been looking forward to Sephiran. Choosing between him and Altina for my spark will be painful, but hopefully I won't have to. Technically I still don't have to, but I'm not interested in a multispark, I'm behind on the orbs I'll need for just one. If it comes down to it, I'll probably go for Sephiran.

And we've got our first non-armored winter units!

Bernie at least has decent fodder with Atk/Spd Solo 4 and a Lull, tbh.  But man, nice call on Sephiran on the wanted units in the other thread. : D

This is going to be tough to choose ... probably going to summon up to a spark and see if I get Sephiran and Altina on the way up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sunwoo said:

I guess they're from two different games in a "technical" sense while defeating the "spirit" of Harmonic Heroes.

Hector and Lilina still count under the same game because the Hector they're using is the older Hector when Lilina was about 5ish from the end of Blazing Blade. I think it would only count as Harmonic if it was FE7's teenage Hector with FE6's teenage Lilina.

Right, that makes sense. Still, this really uncomfortably blurs the line. 

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

In terms of the other units on this banner, it's a solid meh. A good horse mage is always welcome especially as my launch ones are really starting to struggle. But the armours are both underwhelming, with no Dazzling or Wrathful on Sephiran, and Hilda being the demote. Hmm, I may have just talked myself into not bothering. Hopefully the NY banner will bring a genuine Duo.

Sephiran's C skill looks pretty interesting though. It's nice for Aether Raids, especially given the instant Restore effect (20 HP is also nice but might be a problem for Desperation units). And for a demote, Hilda's pretty decent too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I'm going to pull until a month in. Likely when the banner is about to be over. I still need to pick Duessel from Scared Stones. :c HOWEVER, I'm just immensely happy with Felix. Like totally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I guess they're from two different games in a "technical" sense while defeating the "spirit" of Harmonic Heroes.

Hector and Lilina still count under the same game because the Hector they're using is the older Hector when Lilina was about 5ish from the end of Blazing Blade. I think it would only count as Harmonic if it was FE7's teenage Hector with FE6's teenage Lilina.

Altina and Sanaki were never both alive at anywhere close to the same time. Unlike Hector and Lilina, them meeting only makes sense as something happening through Heroes. It's a new twist on the concept of Harmonic Heroes, but still something that makes more sense with that concept than being a Duo Hero. Lore-wise, it's no different from an Awakening character being paired with an Archanea or Valentia one.

Edited by Othin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that does bug me about Altina+Sanaki is that Altina's still got her original prf. It's a sweet prf with some new twists on how she can use it, but still, it feels a lot less novel as a result. At least Sephiran is using his secondary weapon, that might tip the scales to him for me.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The fact that they put Even Follow Up in the 4* unit proves that it's not that good, but hey, guaranteed follow up

Yeah, it's pretty funny. Odd Follow-Up was introduced on the first duo hero, then after a year we finally get Even Follow-Up and it's like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Altina and Sanaki were never both alive at anywhere close to the same time. Unlike Hector and Lilina, them meeting only makes sense as something happening through Heroes. It's a new twist on the concept of Harmonic Heroes, but still something that makes more sense with that concept than being a Duo Hero. Lore-wise, it's no different from an Awakening character being paired with an Archanea or Valentia one.

I mean, it only feels like a cop-out because Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance take place on the same continent with only 3 years between them. It's different from Awakening with Archanea and Valentia because enough time has passed between Awakening and the other two so that you NEED an entirely different cast minus the one dragon.

Altina's also technically not in RD either, and is just as present in RD as she is in PoR, as a posthumous character mentioned by others. And Sanaki exists in both PoR and RD (although is only playable in RD), so ... it still feels like it's cheating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow, will try for everyone but Bernie. Probably spark for either Seriphan or the Duo, depending on who I can manage to get until then. I will go for maybe a copy or two of HIlda. I would want to +10 her but I need to see the NY units first! Then I’ll go for more merges, and, if anything, there’s always her rerun on a double seasonal. 
 

Felix is the best part already though!! I can’t wait to see his art!! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lore-wise, it's no different from an Awakening character being paired with an Archanea or Valentia one.

Yeah, it makes sense now that I think about it. Still, like @Sunwoo said, it feels really cheap. They'd make a fantastic Duo unit, but like... 

This kinda makes me want a Marth-Chrom Harmonic unit, though. (or a Marth-Masked Marth for the spiderman meme, but she's already taken)

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Anytime Bernie shows up means I'm going all in.

Gotta support my favorite TH girl.

I didn't really like her my first playthrough, but I'm warming up to her now. (wait, pun not intended, I'm so sorry)

Bernie is actually super good though, now that I realize it. Her prf is amazing for anyone who wants to be under 100% HP, and IS has been blessing us with great tome cavs ever since this summer. Definitely gonna consider grabbing her for a cav line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

FREE FELIX, LEZ GOOOOOO

 

WOOOOOO
had he been infantry though so much better. I have a Midori just chilling here

 

Hilda being  an armour saves my orbs (because if she were lance infantry it would be on like kong). 
Bernie is adorable just stuck in her house.. 


New Years though has always been my jam. 
I'm not sure if my Healer Harem needs that staff (it sounds cool though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, it only feels like a cop-out because Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance take place on the same continent with only 3 years between them. It's different from Awakening with Archanea and Valentia because enough time has passed between Awakening and the other two so that you NEED an entirely different cast minus the one dragon.

Altina's also technically not in RD either, and is just as present in RD as she is in PoR, as a posthumous character mentioned by others. And Sanaki exists in both PoR and RD (although is only playable in RD), so ... it still feels like it's cheating.

It certainly makes the game situation a bit odd, but I feel like it's not too out of line.

It does raise some odd questions about other games, though. For Jugdral and Elibe, they could do the same shenanigans to allow combinations like Njorun+Altena or Roland+Eliwood, but not with FE8 because there's no second game to push one of the units off to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...