Recreating FE6 and 7 in Sacred Stones

Kliss88

So I was just curious how feasible it would be to recreate all of FE 6 or 7 within FE8. I imagine using FEbuilderGBA would help. Do you think you could just copy and paste the entirety of one of those games and insert it into FE8? I was just thinking about this because it would be cool to bring the branching promotions to the older game. 

What do other think about this?

I've never tried copy-pasting units or text from game to game, (I'm not convinced that it'd work) but actually bringing in maps and portraits would be really easy. Overall I don't think that recreation would be hard, just possibly time consuming. Plus, I don't think you can recreate the FE7 route splits or 19xx-The FE6 routes are probably possible, though.

2 hours ago, Kliss88 said:

So I was just curious how feasible it would be to recreate all of FE 6 or 7 within FE8. I imagine using FEbuilderGBA would help. Do you think you could just copy and paste the entirety of one of those games and insert it into FE8? I was just thinking about this because it would be cool to bring the branching promotions to the older game. 

I can personally day I've done this for FE6, as for FE7, itll be a bit harder. Things like the chapter split based on specific levels and such will be a bit of work to re implement. Not to mention FE7 has a lot of chapters that FE8 doesnt have the space for.

Maps and portraits would be simple. Just export import. Even a lot of the events you could probably export import whole sale. Music people tell me is easy, but I've not figured it out yet. People are saying the branching paths would be troublesome, I'd say a little troublesome, you just need to do a check for the same things and then send the player to a different level. If Sacred Stones for some reason doesn't have stuff like combined levels check, then you could just get around it by outright asking the player which route they want to go. So all that should be pretty straight forward.

What would be difficult I think would be implementing the Avatar. As I don't think Sacred Stones has anything for that. Though rather than recreating the entirety of one game in another, might be wiser to see if we can get anyone to make a Branching Promotion patch for Elibe. I'm not sure how much work that would take, but once it's done it'd be done for good and many people could use it in different projects.

The branching promotion patch would be a really cool idea. I'm just learning the very basics of hacking so its cool to see what all can be done. For fun I added myself in as a pupil. Gotta fix the battle palete to make it look better and fix my starting stats but so far so good.

Lightcosmo, u said u did this for 6? Do u have that patch available for the public? I'd be interested in trying it if it is.

19 minutes ago, Kliss88 said:

Lightcosmo, u said u did this for 6? Do u have that patch available for the public? I'd be interested in trying it if it is.

I'm actually not all that proud of my work, but if I fixed a few things, then possibly. I could show you pics to prove that its feasible at least.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 6:30 AM, Kliss88 said:

I would like to combine all those games in 1 game. No seperate route. Connect story from 6 to 7 to 8.