• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Do you like Suggestion 5

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

10 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The problem with allowing characters to swap movement types is that essentially changes their character model, or creates unforseen clipping and other issues with their character model. That's why, for example, Three Houses won't let you use monastery outfits on mounted classes.

Plus, you can use consistent character weaknesses to differentiate characters. If Hapi doesn't have armor weakness when swapping to great knight, that's something she has over Frederick despite her lower defenses.

Most would be fine, as long as characters with long, narrow dresses aren't trying to ride a mount, or characters in heavy armor don't switch to a lightweight class or vice-versa (Not that it stopped the last game from still counting broken armor Frederick as an armored unit).

A simple fix would be making certain costumes restricted on a per-class basis. FEW1 already went out of its way to give each character a second outfit for their promoted look, I wouldn't mind trading that in for a secondary class outfit instead.

So, I'm going to be following up with a companion thread on reworking/rebalancing skills.

After some discussion, I've landed on what I think is a happy medium in which some character skills (such as Astra and Luna) and weapon skills (such as Rampager and Amped) are intentionally overpowered, and are classified as Elite skills. These would be gameplay-defining skills that you can only have one of on your character and one of on your weapon. This includes the inherent skill on your character and weapon, as per Suggestions 3 and 4 here, so characters with inherently overpowered skills would be balanced as such.

In most such cases, there would also be a non-elite equivalent. If Astra is like a 25-33% boost, the non-elite version inherited from another character would be like a 10-20% boost. So you can have the fun of that effect, but not so strong. And then you can choose which aspect of your character to crank up to 11.

Couple this with select buffs to underpowered skills. Like Pass having movement speed bonus tacked on, Armored Blow buffing your Def/Res while attacking in addition to making you resistant to interruption, stat boosts becoming percentage-based, etc.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

43 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So, I'm going to be following up with a companion thread on reworking/rebalancing skills.

If you check my most recent post in the "Describe your FEW2" thread, I did some work with Skills there if you want some input. I didn't get too meticulous with the balancing, but I did make some adjustments to existing skills and come up with some new ones.