Azura lived in birthright?

Gordin

I just finished birthright on lunatic as Male corn this time and decided to marry azura and she lives? But why did everyone say she died in the epilogue? I'm incredibly confused. They spread peace with corrin so she lived? Does marrying her save her like Rhea in silver snow? 

Screenshot_20201219-153628_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Gordin

Spoiler

LNPzzUq.png

Yeah, she definitely lived at the end of that story.  Definitely didn't disappear into the void, nope.

I think the main reason the end card says what it says is that it's basically just a copy-paste job.  Every paired ending for Corrin in Birthright and Conquest says that Corrin "worked alongside his/her spouse", no matter who it is Corrin pairs up with.  It's the same deal with every other character's ending in the game if they're paired up - everyone just has a copy-paste entry for their paired endings.  It's likely just an oversight where they didn't think about what if the player married certain characters.

Seriously, look it up if you doubt me.  Look for other paired endings for Corrin in Birthright or Conquest (because Corrin's ending in Revelation says something different than Corrin's ending in the other two paths) and look for any of Azura's other endings.  They always say the same things for those particular characters.  Corrin's ending in Birthright and Conquest always tells of Corrin working with their spouse to spread peace in the land and Azura's ending always says she's a historical mystery.

Spoiler

Even in the one ending where she doesn't die, and regardless of the importance of the character she marries.

Edited by Ertrick36

20 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1000?cb=20170526080829

Yeah, she definitely lived at the end of that story.  Definitely didn't disappear into the void, nope.

I think the main reason the end card says what it says is that it's basically just a copy-paste job.  Every paired ending for Corrin in Birthright and Conquest says that Corrin "worked alongside his/her spouse", no matter who it is Corrin pairs up with.  It's the same deal with every other character's ending in the game if they're paired up - everyone just has a copy-paste entry for their paired endings.  It's likely just an oversight where they didn't think about what if the player married certain characters.

Seriously, look it up if you doubt me.  Look for other paired endings for Corrin in Birthright or Conquest (because Corrin's ending in Revelation says something different than Corrin's ending in the other two paths) and look for any of Azura's other endings.  They always say the same things for those particular characters.  Corrin's ending in Birthright and Conquest always tells of Corrin working with their spouse to spread peace in the land and Azura's ending always says she's a historical mystery.

Hide contents

Even in the one ending where she doesn't die, and regardless of the importance of the character she marries.

But they pushed Corrin x Azura so hard in the game and they're the 2 main characters ffs. It's hard to believe it's an oversight. They couldn't be that careless could they? Also your picture isn't working.

6 minutes ago, Gordin said:

Also your picture isn't working.

It was just a still from one of the end CGs in Birthright.  Probably didn't work because I'm lazy and did a big oopsie hotlink instead of just using imgur; probably will edit and upload it properly in a bit.

7 minutes ago, Gordin said:

But they pushed Corrin x Azura so hard in the game and they're the 2 main characters ffs. It's hard to believe it's an oversight. They couldn't be that careless could they?

I think you'd be surprised how much slipped through the cracks in the localization.  The studio that localized the game, Tree House, was pretty callous and arbitrary with how they went about their job.  I'm not sure what the end cards say in the original Japanese version, but I have to assume they were careful not to accidentally create inconsistencies in the narrative.

But again, it's more or less the same entry for Corrin in every ending.  The only exceptions I'm aware of are when you marry female Corrin (specifically female Corrin) to Rhajat and when you marry male Corrin (again, specifically male Corrin) to Niles, as the homosexual pairs spawn unique paired endings in this game.  Otherwise, they're basically the same.  For instance, read this one between Corrin and Xander, and note the bolded part in particular:

As King of Nohr, Xander laid the foundation for a new era of peace and prosperity for the kingdom. Corrin was hailed as a hero, working alongside her spouse to spread peace worldwide.

Notice how the bolded part is literally the exact same as the first two sentences in the ending you shared.  This is what I mean by "copy-paste entries".  And if you think that maybe this just applies to Corrin x important character, no, lemme share Corrin x Felicia:

Corrin was hailed as a hero, working alongside his spouse to spread peace worldwide. Felicia gave up her career in the service industry for the military, ultimately becoming a commander.

All that really changes is the placement of Corrin's entry, depending on if Corrin's male or female (because they give preference to males).  Everyone technically has a "unique" paired ending with one another, but in reality paired endings are just formatted scripts that work as such:

[Male character entry described in one or two sentences].  [Female character entry described in one or two sentences].

As unbelievable as it may be, they did this exact same thing with Corrin x Azura for some unfathomable reason.  They went and made unique endings for the gay pairs, but couldn't be bothered to even make a slight change to the paired ending between two titular characters in the game.  It is as ridiculous as it sounds, and the only reason I could think of for why they even bothered making unique endings for the gay pairs is because they couldn't get away with just doing the usual [male entry, female entry] format since, you know, both are the same gender.

47 minutes ago, Gordin said:

But they pushed Corrin x Azura so hard in the game and they're the 2 main characters ffs. It's hard to believe it's an oversight. They couldn't be that careless could they? Also your picture isn't working.

I never felt that Corrin x Azura is that pushed and never liked this ship. 

3 hours ago, genesis said:

I never felt that Corrin x Azura is that pushed and never liked this ship. 

She literally asks him to smile for her one last time before she dies. Not her spouse, not her child, but Him. This ship is pushed extremely hard in the game.

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

It was just a still from one of the end CGs in Birthright.  Probably didn't work because I'm lazy and did a big oopsie hotlink instead of just using imgur; probably will edit and upload it properly in a bit.

I think you'd be surprised how much slipped through the cracks in the localization.  The studio that localized the game, Tree House, was pretty callous and arbitrary with how they went about their job.  I'm not sure what the end cards say in the original Japanese version, but I have to assume they were careful not to accidentally create inconsistencies in the narrative.

But again, it's more or less the same entry for Corrin in every ending.  The only exceptions I'm aware of are when you marry female Corrin (specifically female Corrin) to Rhajat and when you marry male Corrin (again, specifically male Corrin) to Niles, as the homosexual pairs spawn unique paired endings in this game.  Otherwise, they're basically the same.  For instance, read this one between Corrin and Xander, and note the bolded part in particular:

Notice how the bolded part is literally the exact same as the first two sentences in the ending you shared.  This is what I mean by "copy-paste entries".  And if you think that maybe this just applies to Corrin x important character, no, lemme share Corrin x Felicia:

All that really changes is the placement of Corrin's entry, depending on if Corrin's male or female (because they give preference to males).  Everyone technically has a "unique" paired ending with one another, but in reality paired endings are just formatted scripts that work as such:

As unbelievable as it may be, they did this exact same thing with Corrin x Azura for some unfathomable reason.  They went and made unique endings for the gay pairs, but couldn't be bothered to even make a slight change to the paired ending between two titular characters in the game.  It is as ridiculous as it sounds, and the only reason I could think of for why they even bothered making unique endings for the gay pairs is because they couldn't get away with just doing the usual [male entry, female entry] format since, you know, both are the same gender.

I see. Damn you Tree house for messing it up x.x

FE is one of Nintendo's best sellers and this is what you give us? Smh. Then again I heard they changed Effie's entire character too so at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they also dumbed down the entire story.

1 hour ago, Gordin said:

FE is one of Nintendo's best sellers and this is what you give us? Smh. Then again I heard they changed Effie's entire character too so at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they also dumbed down the entire story.

AFAIK it's generally the same story, but the English version is told in a worse way than it was told originally.  The greatest creative liberties definitely came with support conversations and some character personalities, though.  I'm not entirely sure, but I think originally Effie wasn't a meathead but rather just small girl who was incidentally freakishly strong.  Female Corrin x Rhajat was also different from male Corrin x Rhajat in the Japanese version - gender disparities which also existed with the supports between Corrin and Niles in Japanese.  Another notable change was with Saizo and Beruka's C-support, which changed from an actual conversation to just the two trading ellipses in the localization.

If there's one good thing that came out of the localization, it was getting rid of a lot of... icky elements in supports with Soleil/Soleil's personality in general.  Granted, I still think there are some serious issues with how they handled her in the localization (for some reason she's portrayed in her introduction as very charming and easily able to score dates with girls, but in supports she's kind of a creep to certain girls), but things were way worse in the Japanese version.

Also, apparently Mozu originally sounded awful.  In the localization she has a fairly cutesy farm girl voice, courtesy of Karen Strassman, but in the Japanese version people have said she had a really bad country accent that was grating to listen to.  Generally speaking, though, I think most people consider the localization to be a net-negative in terms of what good and bad it brought in presenting Fates to the western world.