You are in Charge of the FEH New Players Guide

jameslove001

Let’s pretend. The developers of FEH have decided that they want a guide of their own to compete with all of the websites making money off of ads telling new players what to do. They have decided that there is no one better for the task than you. They want a clear, concise guide that will help new players get into the game. What are you going to tell these new players to do?

The first thing I always tell people to do is to manage their orbs carefully and not spend money on Heroes, because it isn't worth it. I feel like they wouldn't like that much.

Which gives an idea of the sorts of conflicts of interests that would make it very hard for something like this to be regarded as being as trustworthy as the fan-created guides. And in fact they've made plenty of official guides (particularly Learn with Sharena), but people don't seem to care much about them.

Edited by Othin

New Player guide: Dont waste money on orbs. Powercreep will evidently make your older units crap unless you invest into premium skills, Dragonflowers and Resplendant Attire stats.

In that regard, have fun as long as you want and then uninstall! Oh and dont bother with all the competetiv stuff, its garbage anyway. (PS: the game will be gone in roughly 1 year or so)

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

(PS: the game will be gone in roughly 1 year or so)

let's just say that's not the first time i heard that ... three years ago. : P and yet it still sticks around.

i actually quite like the game almost as much as a mainline FE game (enough to very recently buy FEPass as a nod to IS that i've actually sunk a number of hours in it and respect their work) which surprised the hell out of me.  What may have helped is only joining quite recently in a very lucky-to-my-biases Tellius/FE8/3H spree of 5th gen units, so I never ended up invested in old units other than Valter.

My few points?

a) have a core group of 3 favorite characters that you'll hardcore invest in. stick to those. indecision is your bane.

b) take your time, jesus.  the satisfaction is in the journey, like the difference between beating your first abyssal or breaking T25, or simply squee-ing over your favorites absolutely nuking "popular" units.  experimenting is part of the gameplay.

c) if you're complaining about the game more than praising, just... go uninstall it.  It's a game, lulz.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

In that regard, have fun as long as you want and then uninstall! Oh and dont bother with all the competetiv stuff, its garbage anyway.

yeah I can't see how it's competitive when most people at higher tiers basically pay their way in

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

(PS: the game will be gone in roughly 1 year or so)

wtf what are you talking about