HHS

Hello to all the people of Serenes Forest!  Long hibernating member HHS here with a new Fire Emblem romhack.
Well, sort of new.  Years ago my friend Mariobro3828 and I started the Romhack Fire Emblem: Decay of the Fangs. 
Well it's been a hell of a year and after nearly a decade, the story will finally conclude!  I'd like to introduce:

FIRE EMBLEM: BLACK FANG

1348285518_BlackFangfinishedsmaller.thumb.png.e888e6201e5312445b49ba3f9813860e.png

(Link above for the Wix Website)

The Fang's Justice is Absolute

The Four Fangs have fallen. The Black Fang is dead. Its purpose polluted, its vigilantes vanquished, it's now up to a small band of survivors to vindicate its legacy and in the process, bring revolution to Elibe. 

Take command of a rogue faction with a never-say-die attitude and a penchant for violence. Directly following the events of Fire Emblem and setting the stage for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, Fire Emblem: Black Fang is an original story of disenchanted renegades fighting to survive against cutthroats, the nobility, former allies, and gods among men.

This is a game about survivors of the Black Fang being forced to find new meaning after Hector and Eliwood decimate their army.  Tonally this game is a bit darker and more adult oriented than most Fire Emblem games with a few serious and earnest moments, but it is mostly intended to be a bit silly.  The game is inspired as a tribute to the members of the  Decay of Dragons forums whom many of the characters are based on.  If some jokes don't land for you, please overlook it with this in mind. 

The game is not finished but it was important to me to lay down the bones of the main story.  It can be played from prologue to epilogue, all 25 plus chapters I'm working on a chapter guide on the Wix site with the chapter unlock conditions (though later chapters will often have characters explain what to do in the prep fortunes).  At the time of writing, not all supports are complete but just about 180 are (meaning 60 through to A rank).  Some actions have consequences. It is impossible to keep every recruitable character alive.

Patch: The UPS can be found here. (Apply to Fire Emblem Blazing Blade) {UPDATED 1.07 2/22)

Discord channel: https://discord.gg/hhwtCjUbU2

Gallery (avoided major potential spoilers)

1078616175_BlackFang.emulator_04.png.dc32b7f6e887efe16c9d36a203781c9d.png226156526_BlackFang.emulator_02.png.1c931ba1f35f55ae359923bbd207e763.png1603006151_BlackFang.emulator_01.png.863eb51b2ee2795101b7425dd7d5e58c.png1660641017_BlackFang.emulator_11.png.78ccc76bf8c99e0bb03b98d6e4748f1f.png1952588021_BlackFang.emulator_07.png.52050e13a4e11db07129750682693b32.png1005897992_BlackFang.emulator_04.png.9c3bac76a4e8fd618710c89b7e3a3074.png1130101097_BlackFang.emulator_04.png.6e8a97aee4bd08ba30c317e13015776d.png2020515269_BlackFang.emulator_02.png.a07c3dbcbd86652e7e5bb64a256fc28d.png1ActiveFile.emulator_12.png.f0a2023fed88e47ac75ff7b07ce0423e.png2088482597_BlackFang.emulator_06.png.853bc46faef48f969f9c88c14bede69f.png1631253253_BlackFang.emulator_05.png.f9980ef743273442b4710750d3bff15d.png1ActiveFile.emulator_14.png.8f3003829c5b71b9087b7c83b414115d.png1117451304_BlackFang.emulator_14.png.b0faac086149692f19c3c947ef5611a8.png2073647262_BlackFang.emulator_01.png.5720c3247a0317007f609f8e26ffc375.png1502718758_BlackFang.emulator_03.png.1e0cf9e3e37473d3cea386b84a6ee6ed.pngBlack Fang.emulator_02.png

This Fire Emblem Romhack could not have been possible without the extensive support of software, art, and music contributors. As the project is almost a decade old, I have lost the names of some of the early contributors.  If you have designed a sprite or software that was used in game that was not properly credited, absolutely do not hesitate to let me know. I will immediately add your name to the list of contributors!  If you would prefer to have your work removed, please contact me via Discord (link below).

Discord channel: https://discord.gg/hhwtCjUbU2

Bugs can be shared in through the Discord as well as general thoughts about balance and design. I'm certain there are better programmers out there that could make suggestions as well and I'd be thrilled to tap into any and all resources to make this game the best possible. Development is an ongoing process and errors/mistakes will be made, please be patient. 

19smaller.thumb.jpg.6a37654f0637854a4692e877f93b7aab.jpg
Special thanks to 

Spoiler

7743 for the incredible FEBuilder open source software
Darya Abdulina for cover art
Marlon0024, Asael, MysteriousDancer for the base tactician animation adapted for Chadwick
Pikmin1211, Retrogamer for Hexer sprite
Aruka, Kenpuhu, Orihara_Saki, Venno for Viv's promotion
RedBean, Mikey Seregon, Marlon0024, yikes for Hannah's animation
GabrielKnight for female monks' animation
GabrielKnight, Skitty for angel William animation
Nuramon for apostle animation
IS, Primefusion for Wraith animation
Red Bean, Zelix for Echidna animation
Nuramon, ZoramineFae for Zephiel animation
Nuramon for Zephiel promotion animation
Cipher Lee, DerTheVaporeon, Nuramon for Jonas animation
IS, Skitty, Primefusion, Orihara_Saki, DerTheVaporeon, Kao, Aurora for axe cavalier animation 
Deranger for Miguel animation
TBA, Spud, MeatofJustice for halberdier animation

IS, SHYUTERz, CamusZekeSirius for Chadwick regular promotion animation
L95 for the base of bard animation
Seal for the base of Chadwick using the ballista animation
Spud for conduit animation
ZoramineFae for the Leif X animation
TBA, Arch, Skitty, Temp for L.E.I.F. animation
IS, Marlon0024, Orihara_Saki for Morph-Dra/Mal Aenir animation
IS, Marlon0024, SHYUTERz for Marek animation

Supports can be viewed in game because all are unlocked in the menu without triggering them in game. Meaning you can go back and read everything without having used it before. BEWARE you may spoil late game surprise characters if you view this on your first playthrough. Completed supports can be found here: Supports

As mentioned, this passion project is still a work in progress so please post any constructive feedback, questions or advice here or in the Discord. I kinda don't know what to expect because I haven't been active in the romhacking community in recent years. 

Edited by HHS
new patch

On 12/26/2020 at 5:36 AM, Sarcastic Narwhal said:

Can you post a new Discord invite? I'd love to hop in.

Also, I'm deadset on getting Leif through but I'm not sure if the scripted times he gets offed are ok or not (like when he gets struck by lightning). >.>

Sorry the link timed out and I didn't realize it. The new one is up there now. https://discord.gg/hhwtCjUbU2

Somehow I finished......

Early game :Chadwick fluxed and nosferatued everything ,became overleveled

Mid game : Magic seal showed up ,Jonas and Maeve handle things , became overleveled(U can see how he overleveled was at below.)

Late game : Chadwick got his prf and an iron rune ,rushed into frontline....and the world became quiet........

Others too weak to handle things...or being staffbot.

"Tsukkomi"(not all , because no mood to finish) :

Hurricane at his promoted lv7 but only 17 speed is unforgiveable . 

Why giving a magic seal a knight chest, then stuck him into a place where the thieves were impossible to touch?

So the kid never have a name? Well I'll just call him X.

C.PNG

Edited by KannaHoshido
typo

• 2 weeks later...

I had a game crash on chapter 4, after the four Mercenaries left. I killed one of them the previous turn. An other of them attacked one of my units on the enemy phase, and then on the other phase they all left and the game crashed. Playing that turn again, the game doesn't crash if I don't kill any of them, regardless of wither they attack me or not.

On 2/21/2021 at 6:13 AM, Sturges said:

I had a game crash on chapter 4, after the four Mercenaries left. I killed one of them the previous turn. An other of them attacked one of my units on the enemy phase, and then on the other phase they all left and the game crashed. Playing that turn again, the game doesn't crash if I don't kill any of them, regardless of wither they attack me or not.

Yeah, that's because they have a move order event and if they're dead that won't go through. This is easily avoidable in FE8 where a patch is installed to not freeze the game in these circumstances but to my knowledge there's no such patch for fe7. It's not super easy to get up there and kill them so fast but I can move them a turn even earlier to make it even less likely. Basically just don't kill them and you're fine.

Oh, ok, looking back on it I realize the story reasons behind you coding that. I replayed part of the chapter to try to get at them though. I thought I was supposed to. Derp.

I've only played up to chapter 5 or 6, but I really love the hack you've made so far! Did you only just release it this December? I feel like I played part of it a year or two ago.

The art is of course, stellar, but the thing I appreciate most is that the story isn't about more fucking nobles, lol. And it's really well written so far.

Spoiler

I like the conflicts between the main characters as they are defining who they are and what ties them together.

I really wish I could have more than 5 supports, cause I want to see them all :D but also :(

1 hour ago, HHS said:

Yeah, that's because they have a move order event and if they're dead that won't go through. This is easily avoidable in FE8 where a patch is installed to not freeze the game in these circumstances but to my knowledge there's no such patch for fe7. It's not super easy to get up there and kill them so fast but I can move them a turn even earlier to make it even less likely. Basically just don't kill them and you're fine.

For this, dont you just run a check to see whether or not the unit Is alive and then run the movement event after? 

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

For this, dont you just run a check to see whether or not the unit Is alive and then run the movement event after? 

I dunno. If it were an individual soldier sure, easy enough. But these four identical generic enemy units..? I'm not sure if running four checks would look at the same one multiple times or if it'd check each individually. I can take a crack at it later. I could give them all different character IDs but it's not economical with the limited character spots.

• 2 years later...

Hi! I just stumbled upon this room hack randomly and I'm very excited to try it out! I've always felt like the story of the Black Fang should be told. I can't figure out how to play it though. Been trying to get it on my phones GBA emulator, but it's not getting there. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced!