Let's play Super Robot Wars V! (the world has been saved in 332 turns)

eclipse

Why am I making this topic, despite the fact that I have a J draft sitting around?  Because I'm going for intermission conversations, and Tobia keeps wishing me well.  Not that I have any problem with that, but I want to fill out the gallery!  But because I'm a masochist, I'm going to throw in a bunch of random rules and restrictions:

1. My goal is a combination of lowest turn counts and SR points.  On a restricted roster.  24 pilots go into endgame, so that's 24 pilots that I'm grabbing.  Pilots can go into anything they can pilot (I MAY have shoved some very hilarious people into Kai Kai, why do you ask?).
2. Protagonist is free.  Other Protagonist is not.  Why?  Because Nine rules, and her snark is what's going to keep me alive through this nonsense.  But if you want to give my Protagonist a birthday and blood type, feel free to do so~!
3. If y'all choose someone for me, I'll gladly give you a rundown of them (though it's gonna really depend on how much I've used them in the past).  It'll range from a few sentences to a damn essay, so be warned!
4. For the sake of SR point completion/side chapters, I'm using Tobia up until I get another non-battleship unit besides Protagonist, and Melda's allowed a single kill on Chapter 8 if she's not drafted (if she is drafted, she's going to clean up the map).  But if someone drafts me Tobia, I'll be quite happy~!
5. Any of the idiot crew of the Yamato that decide to be An Hero will be free until they get their asses back on the ship.  Cosmos Zero really sucks.
6. If I get someone like That One Guy that shows up on the second-to-the-last chapter (or someone who I may not be able to recruit, depending on how my drafted units play out), I reserve the right to RNG a substitute for them so I can get the requirements for the true ending, which involves a sizeable amount of ace pilots.  Once my sub gets their ace, I kick them off the team.
7. If someone goes out without a battleship, they're free until I get the deployment screen.  I may have to amend this on a certain chapter where A battleship shows up, but not the rest of your party.
8. Speaking of battleships, they're free when force deployed.  I'll prioritize battleships who haven't gotten their ace bonus first during those maps where I get a choice.
9. I may inadvertently spoil some things in the game.  I'll try to avoid plot spoilers, but the boss names may give certain things away.

So. . .24 pilots minus one protagonist gives me 23 pilots to work with.  Y'all have until I finish Trails of Cold Steel 4 (I'm in the final dungeon, so make this snappy).  Oh right, pilot list.

Pilot list!

If I don't fill all the slots, I'm RNGing the rest.  Which may or may not be hilarious (the last two RNG runs involved every last Ple, which was An Experience).

Spoiler

1. Protagonist (11/11, B)
2. Shinji Ikari
3. Athrun Zala (via PM)
4. Joe (insert last name here, it changes several times)
5. Koji Kabuto
6. Tobia Arronax

7. Amuro Ray
8. Ange
9. Judau Ashta (via my mom)
10. Banagher Links
11. Testuya Tsurugi
12. Vivian
13. Tusk (also via my mom)
14. Ryoma Nagare
15. Maito
16. Mari Illustrious Makinami (I rolled for EVA and got her)
17. Shinn Asuka (via Discord)
18. Allelujah (via cool guy)
19. Yazan (also via cool guy)
20. Banjo (via RNG)
21. Ryoko Subaru (via RNG)
22. Lane Aime/Hathaway Noa (via RNG who really wants to make one of these guys suffer)
23. Ple (via RNG)
24. Asuka Langley Shikinami (via RNG who apparently likes Shinji)

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I almost want to pick Banjo again. But I should probably respect their end from last time.

Roll for an Evangelion this time.

Not sure if you're into story but

Spoiler

Banjo doesn't get much screen time, but he's an absolute badass when he gets the spotlight.  Also, it explains which Banjo this is. . .and given the story, it fits beautifully.

Which EVA, though?  There's four of them!

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Not sure if you're into story but

Reveal hidden contents

Banjo doesn't get much screen time, but he's an absolute badass when he gets the spotlight.  Also, it explains which Banjo this is. . .and given the story, it fits beautifully.

Which EVA, though?  There's four of them!

I was saying roll randomly for one of them.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I was saying roll randomly for one of them.

Er. . .given that it's open "pick a unit", this might be a bit difficult!  But I can throw something like that together!

I have no idea what anything you just said meant, good luck with... whatever this is. But one of the names on the list was Joe Rival, which is a funny name, so can I make you pick Joe Rival? (I do not know if I've messed you up or just handed you the W) 

Again good luck, looking forward to this (even though I'll barely keep up with it I'm sure) 

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

ill be that basic ***** around and say my boy Koji Kabuto

....mostly because i dont know the hell is in this game lmaooo

He's awesome~!  Thanks~!

5 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

I have no idea what anything you just said meant, good luck with... whatever this is. But one of the names on the list was Joe Rival, which is a funny name, so can I make you pick Joe Rival? (I do not know if I've messed you up or just handed you the W) 

Again good luck, looking forward to this (even though I'll barely keep up with it I'm sure) 

Thanks and thanks~!  Joe is a sleeper pick.  As in, he dishes out way the hell too much damage given his circumstances.  Plus, he's cute!

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’ll be quite happy if someone drafts you Tobia? Okay. Have Tobia. Happy Holidays!

It's not my fault that he has one of the best personalities in this game, full stop.  Even Nine recognizes that he's. . .dangerous.  Thanks~!

It's just not SRW if it ain't has the Holy Trinity in action. Go and make sure Amuro Ray ain't just for show!

Also, for birthday and blood type suggestion... well, can't go wrong with Terada's. Go 11/11 B.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It's just not SRW if it ain't has the Holy Trinity in action. Go and make sure Amuro Ray ain't just for show!

Also, for birthday suggestion... well, can't go wrong with Terada's. Go 11/11 B.

Fun fact: Amuro either has a terrible sense of humor or he hates my guts.  He gets hit at stupidly low percentages, and either leaves things alive when I don't want them alive, or kills things when I'm trying to feed everyone else kills.  At least his Funnels do their job properly (someone in this game has defunct Funnels, and if that pilot gets drafted, I'm stealing someone else's Gundam).

Anyway, will do~!  Not sure what spirits that'll give me, but that looks interesting!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Fun fact: Amuro either has a terrible sense of humor or he hates my guts. 

That depends. Have you ever considered that humanity is shackled at the bottom of the gravity well and should all move to space and evolve into Newtypes?

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Anyway, will do~!  Not sure what spirits that'll give me, but that looks interesting!

If you really want to know, it should be there in the Birthday Seishin Chart at Akurasu.

1 hour ago, Armchair General said:

Basically, it's a mecha anime crossover that sells itself as a strategy game.

ah im actually extremely familiar with SRW

Proof

Spoiler

unknown.png

Its just that i dont know the cast list of SRW V to make pick a char

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That depends. Have you ever considered that humanity is shackled at the bottom of the gravity well and should all move to space and evolve into Newtypes?

Nope~!  Nor am I a good-looking blonde guy with a mask!

And PANIC DANCE.  I approve everything about it!

17 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Do you accept mech drafts for your pilots? I gather you can mix and match in this game.

I'll consider it if I can get enough pilots.  But I don't want someone to assign a particular mech to someone if I get the pilot later on!  Especially if it's Z Gundam (because Waverider Charge).

17 hours ago, Ether said:

Have fun with Ange!

I have never gotten her ace convo.  Thanks for allowing me to fix this~!  Hope she's as funny as Tusk!

I am in the middle of beating the everliving stuffing out of the final boss in Cold Steel 4.  Which means that I kick off this run shortly afterwards.  So if anyone has any last requests, now's the time to do them~!

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering it's far from the 24 tally... can we give at least a second pick?

Sure~!  Anyone that picked can go ahead and make my life hell again~!

33 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Either Shinji Ikari or Banagher Links, because I actually know who they are (that said, this depends on your EVA roll).

EVA roll first, then Banana if someone else doesn't draft him?  Sure!

(you'll get an essay on Banagher if I somehow get him)

10 hours ago, Christmas Dayni said:

Honestly if you're allowing people to pick two now just remove Shinji from being rolled for and have him picked too.

I'll come back on a second.

Okay~!  Which means I also get the guy who's the butt of the intermission jokes~!

8 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

edit: wait, wrong game.

Tetsuya and Vivian

Thanks and thanks!  Never got around to using Tetsuya, and I feel that I need to change that.  Vivian's always amusing, and she gets a bit more screentime here than in X.