Legendary Hero - Lilina: Firelight Leader

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very odd pick, I was really expecting either Claude or Micaiah. Her skills look fun, though.

The units I'm missing are Lilina, Gatrie, Celica, and Bramimond, so one for each color which means nothing is particularly good. I only plan on doing my free session, but I'll probably pull all the colorless orbs there for the chance at Bramimond.

So ... Lilina. Before Sigurd, Micaiah, male Corrin, or Xander? Really?

Honestly, I can't be arsed to care anymore because I'm just not surprised by IS's constant need to pump out as many women as possible.

Also, I'm sure she'll be good as a unit, but am I ever going to really need her outside of Binding Blade limited battles? Mage Eirika already gets shit done everywhere else. At least her fodder is nice.

FL!Lilina looks pretty amazing! I would not pull for her though since she does not feel particularly game changing, and her primary issue is that she cannot consistently spam Gifted Magic. (brain fart)

On the other hand, if Lilina can use Weapon evolution to get Studied Forblaze, that would be pretty bonkers.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

On the other hand, if Lilina can use Weapon evolution to get Studied Forblaze, that would be pretty bonkers.

Seems unlikely. The last weapon to get added as an evolution option was Sealed Falchion, two and a half years ago. Since then we've been getting all sorts of stuff like Swift Mulagir, Thunder Armads, and Exalted Falchion which have all been excluded.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

FL!Lilina looks pretty amazing! I would not pull for her though since she does not feel particularly game changing, and her primary issue is that she cannot consistently spam Gifted Magic.

What do you mean? It has 2 cooldown, Studied Forblaze has Cooldown Count -1 AND Quickened Pulse, and her Atk is high enough that if Guard is a feared issue she could run Heavy Blade reliably.

Honestly I think her biggest issue is that there isn't a variation of Life and Death that would boost her Atk without impacting her Res, just boosting her bleh Spd.

Edited by Xenomata

She looks pretty good. I can see her appearing in AR... Especially Cav Lines.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Honestly I think her biggest issue is that there isn't a variation of Life and Death that would boost her Atk without impacting her Res, just boosting her bleh Spd.

Yeah... Looks like Fury will be the pick if the player wants to keep her high Res.

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm surprised it wasn't Byleth though.

That was likely never happening. Back to back legendaries from the same game has only happened once (Marth and Tiki) and that's likely an anomaly.

I don't anticipate Claude until maybe next April, and then probably Byleth sometime after him.

Welp, wrong again about Micaiah but I'm actually fine with that. Winter Bernie remains my top priority, so I was probably never going to invest in this banner beyond the free pull (and tickets if they give us those again).

I am, however, disappointed that they chose not to take inspiration from Cipher here and have her use Armads too. Also, this is her third cavalier variant now even though she never gets a mount in FE6 (and her dad never uses one either, unlike Roy with Eliwood).

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lilina actually outranks M!Corrin and Xander in CYL these days (both guys only placed higher than her in 1) while she has rather comparable overall results to Sigurd (though he placed higher than her in 4). 

As for Micaiah, I'm just as confused as to why they're putting her off for so long. 

It was a matter of time, but I didn't expect to see L!Lilina so soon. Oh well, it's still nice and she has great art. 

As a unit she's basically a slightly worse Red Ophelia on a horse. The technical weaknesses for L!Lilina are that she's bound to the Quickened Pulse seal to start with her special charged and any form of Guard will ruin her Special spamming. The first one is the bigger deal because any AoE special spammer shares the second weakness so it's not exclusive to her. The real weakness she has is that her AoE is weaker than the average in exchange for lower CD, and that makes Ophelia come on top thanks to her access to Special Spiral making the higher CD on her AoE a non issue. 

Regardless, weaker AoE special or no, a properly invested L!Lilina is going to be a pain in Cav lines. The built-in Hardy Bearing on her Prf makes her even more scary as you can't Vantage cheese her at all. 

The trailer shows her stats and it's the classic high Atk/Res with no Spd/Def. As for her skillset, the Solo doesn't synergize well with her AoE special but it's still a nice skill, Pulse Smoke is great as always and the Sabotage should be replaced with Lull Atk/Res. 

I'd give Lilina an 8/10. Strong, but not really gamebreaking which is nice to have every now and again. 

As for the banner in general: 

• Red has the featured unit and the other two are great as well. Strong fodder on all 3. Best color, IMO. 
  • Gatrie drags blue down hard but he has nice fodder so it's not a complete loss. L!Dimitri has his Unity skill for fodder and is a strong unit on his own (although L!Dimitri is scarier to face) and while Peony doesn't have anything noteworthy for fodder, double Peony for AR-O allows for nice strategies. Kinda meh because fodder isn't all that strong but the units are good. 
  • Green is great, second best color here. B!Edelgard has the worst fodder but she's really strong as a unit, L!Celica has great fodder in SS3 and her Prf will become better with statcreep. Jill is obnoxious to face and her fodder is excellent as well! 
  • Colorless is nice as well. Duma is the weakest link by far but he's still great for AR-D with his in-built catapult. B!Claude has nice fodder and has a rare niche as a self-sustaining flier wihch is a pretty unique roll, although I don't think that's all that useful. Bramimond is Bramimond, strong weapon, Lull, his unique C-skill cancels support from Drives/Spurs/Flayn/B!Lucina/etc. Bonkers unit. 

So yeah, for colors I'd say it's: Red=Green>Colorless>Blue. 

Yeah I don't know why so many were predicting Byleth, the only thing I was sure of was that we wouldn't be seeing more Three Houses.

Lilina looks strong, but boring. I pretty much have the units on this banner I care about so my 650 orbs look safe for now.

She looks really good. An AOE special that is only 2 charge on a horse unit & built in anti-vantage seems pretty powerful to me. At least the multiplier on her AOE is only 0.8, so she'll have trouble breaking through Res-Stacked units. Her art is pretty great too.

Crossing my fingers that base Lilina gets Studios Forblaze as a weapon upgrade even though its extremely unlikely.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

As for Micaiah, I'm just as confused as to why they're putting her off for so long. 

They've run out of ways to boost her Atk and Res in-combat while also giving her Cav and Armor effectiveness, or they're trying to figure out how to give her a third Prf skill alongside a Prf weapon and Sacrifice lol.

...I really hope I'm just being funny in this case...

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Honestly, I can't be arsed to care anymore because I'm just not surprised by IS's constant need to pump out as many women as possible.

Micaiah's a woman, and she isn't here yet, like you mentioned, so that's one woman they're ignoring. But I heartily agree.

At the same time... I spent all my orbs trying to get Altina and Sanaki, so maybe it's a good thing Micaiah isn't here yet. However... Are her and Byleth the only female protagonists missing?

Edited by Venmi

Micaiah is perfect for a rainy day. If IS feels profits will be slow a particular month, then they could totally just whip out Micaiah and orbs will be drained. 

Anyway, Lilina... is okay. Her art and animation (and VOICE! Wow!) are all so amazing. But... I feel like aesthetics is all she has going. I don’t really have any place for her. 

I guess this is a skip for Hilda merges...but i hope tomorrow’s datamine has the NY units 👀

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Lilina actually outranks M!Corrin and Xander in CYL these days (both guys only placed higher than her in 1) while she has rather comparable overall results to Sigurd (though he placed higher than her in 4). 

Oh, I was actually referring to plot importance more so than overall CYL ranking. It's bizarre to give Ryoma a legendary alt but ignore Xander for literal years (even if I don't agree with Ryoma getting a legendary in the first place, it feels weird to give one a legendary but not both), and male Corrin is only a matter of time. Sigurd and Micaiah are literal main characters for at least part of their games.

It's not so much that I don't think Lilina shouldn't have gotten one, but I'm annoyed that they ignored three obvious male options (and one very obvious female option) to make her a legendary first. Claude and both Byleths are also obvious choices, but I'm assuming they'll come later.

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Lilina is a great choice! If BB gets an Echoes remake, I'm sure she'll get the full lord treatment she deserves.

Really? I think she'll just be treated like Caeda and get a special prf that'll nuke the knights in her join chapter.

Hoping I'm wrong though!

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

5 minutes ago, Venmi said:

At the same time... I spent all my orbs trying to get Altina and Sanaki, so maybe it's a good thing Micaiah isn't here yet. However... Are her and Byleth the only female protagonists missing?

Protagonists, yes, but there are certainly more female "lord" characters who can still be added.

Lilina may be pushed as "main girl" of FE6, but she has much less plot relevance than Julia nor is she as iconic as Tiki. And I imagine that characters like Elincia, Sothe, and even Ninian are more "likely" now that Lilina's an actual legendary.

EDIT: Also, 3/4 versions of Lilina are now red. Why couldn't you have just made her summer alt a colorless dagger, IS?

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, I was actually referring to plot importance more so than overall CYL ranking. It's bizarre to give Ryoma a legendary alt but ignore Xander for literal years (even if I don't agree with Ryoma getting a legendary in the first place, it feels weird to give one a legendary but not both), and male Corrin is only a matter of time. Sigurd and Micaiah are literal main characters for at least part of their games.

It's not so much that I don't think Lilina shouldn't have gotten one, but I'm annoyed that they ignored three obvious male options (and one very obvious female option) to make her a legendary first. Claude and both Byleths are also obvious choices, but I'm assuming they'll come later.

but why? Intsys considers her to be a Lord (she was on that Lord banner thing) - and yah they didn't debut "obvious ones" but that doesn't mean having a less obvious one is a bad thing. imo i would argue it's a good thing for people who would want Elincia or Sothe or whatever as legendaries.  And for me.  I've been seeing "Xander needs to be Legendary already" well. no not really if the only argument is "Well Ryoma got one." (when he shouldn't have been made one to begin with) but i can't remember if he was on the Lord banner (or Xander considered to be one) so it's kinda moot one way or the other to me.