Guess which Fire Emblem characters have a dedicated page on Wikipedia!

XRay

Yeah, what the title says! Can you guess which Fire Emblem characters have a dedicated page on Wikipedia?

I have put the answer at the very bottom of the post, in case you really want to guess. I figured scrolling down manually is a better spoiler prevention since there is nothing to accidentally click. And I also want an excuse to share cute pictures of Laevatein. I just found out she got a really cute chibi artwork in Cipher.

Here is an adorable Laevatein warning you not scroll down if you do not want spoilers.

SleevePack70.jpg

Here is Laevatein's precious smile further protecting you from spoilers.

r9z7jyhfoo721.png

Here is wholesomeness so sweet that it will give your heart diabetes. If you die of heart attack caused by sugar forming crystals of pure love in your heart and clogging up your bloodstreams, you would meet Naga before you see the spoilers!

ajvv76dgq9h21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Okay, that is all the pictures of Laevatein I wanted to share. If you are here, I assume you are ready to see the answer. The answer is Marth, Ike, Lucina, Corrin, and Edelgard! Any answers surprised you? Have you read their pages? Got any comments?

I have not read all of them, but I did read Edelgard's page. One of the responses in the reception section says that "supporting Edelgard is the most morally sound choice"... Hm... Wait. What? MOST MORALLY SOUND CHOICE??? Seriously? As much as I love Edelgard, that statement is what I imagine religious extremists like the super fundamentalist Christians and Islamic terrorists would say. I mean, I agree that she has reasons and justifications for doing what she did, but I am pretty sure those reasons and justifications are not sufficient.

If Edelgard was a real life person, while I am not sure if I am able to resist her charm and charisma if she asks me to do morally questionable things, even if I willingly follow her orders, that does not mean I throw my own moral compass aside and not feel bad about what I have done.

But yeah, that is all I wanted to comment.

Edited by XRay

I’m surprised that that one guy from melee with the red hair doesn’t have a Wikipedia page. Other than that it’s what I expected, minus Lucina, who I should have thought of, and Corrin, because I doubted anyone cared that much.

48 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The most morally sound choice in 3H is to get to the choice, then stop playing that file, forever.  Let them forever wonder what Byleth will do~!

look im busy i haven't had time to finish silver snow yet!!!

Last time I checked, it was just Marth and Ike, but that was a number of years ago (as in before Smash Bros. 4). I'm not surprised by the characters that have their own page, and when it comes to which Three Houses characters deserve a spot, Wikipedia has more sense than Smash Bros. 

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Even better is to just not make any of them have to deal with Byleth and never start a save. Fodlan is saved!

1. Byleth and Jeralt never meet Claude, Dimitri or Edelgard
2. Bandits kill all three of them.
3. All three nations march on Garreg Mach for assassinating them, because no one believes the knights of Seiros were that inept
4. Rhea becomes Dragon in defense
5. ???

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Last time I checked, it was just Marth and Ike, but that was a number of years ago (as in before Smash Bros. 4). I'm not surprised by the characters that have their own page, and when it comes to which Three Houses characters deserve a spot, Wikipedia has more sense than Smash Bros. 

Smash just wanted to remain neutral, like we don’t already know that the devs and people with good taste favor Edelgard and the black eagles.

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

1. Byleth and Jeralt never meet Claude, Dimitri or Edelgard
2. Bandits kill all three of them.
3. All three nations march on Garreg Mach for assassinating them, because no one believes the knights of Seiros were that inept
4. Rhea becomes Dragon in defense
5. ???

3. All three nations appoint new people instead who don’t kill each other and conquer the continent.

4. These leaders might be sensible enough to enact reform in their own countries without declaring war. Maybe.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Smash just wanted to remain neutral, like we don’t already know that the devs and people with good taste favor Edelgard and the black eagles.

3. All three nations appoint new people instead who don’t kill each other and conquer the continent.

4. These leaders might be sensible enough to enact reform in their own countries without declaring war. Maybe.

I mean... I can believe that with the Kingdom or the Alliance... but the Empire? The corruption there is out of this world.

I mean... I can believe that with the Kingdom or the Alliance... but the Empire? The corruption there is out of this world.

Empire v Church war >>>>>>>> Empire v Church + Faerghus + Leicester and conquering them after.

Oh, as for being surprised, I find Corrin up there but not Robin to be a bit surprising.

Robin is smart, strong, beautiful/handsome, and an absolutely god tier womanizer/manizer who can bed anyone he/she wants with subtly sweet but super effective words and actions. Like, do you see how freaking smooth Robin is when interacting with the opposite gender? 

Corrin is by all metrics just mediocre and meh. I do not think he is as horrible as people say he is, but he is definitely pretty meh in my book.

1 hour ago, Armchair General said:

I still don't have 3H and I'm kind of on the fence on Edelgard being in the right. But then again, the game is supposed to be grayer than a silent film.

I agree with her reasoning and motivations, but how she carried it out is extremely questionable. Like I get why she does it and agree with her end goals, but how she gets there is what I have a problem with. The Crests do need to be abolished. The Church does need to be reigned in. I am A okay with wiping Slitherers off the face of Fódlan too. However, at the bare minimum, I think each of those goals could be accomplished with more caring and love for the people closest to you.

That said, Edelgard is not a cold blooded monster. She does not actively try to cause chaos and collateral damage just for the sake of it. I just feel that a person as charming and charismatic as her could have done more in avoiding bloodshed. Like, if a person with the emotional capacity on par with a piece of cardboard can win 90% of the people over by just sipping tea, eating with them, and picking up misplaced toys after overgrown children, surely Edelgard can do a lot more. Maybe it is just me, but I feel like there is a very high likelihood I would be willing to do unethical and morally reprehensible things if she ordered me to. I think she is severely underestimating the power of her charm and charisma way, way, way too much. If she has the power to sever the control of my moral compass over my actions, that is an extremely valuable skill and talent that she has.

She reminds me of Walhart's and F!Robin's support, where Walhart mentions that if he had someone like F!Robin by his side, he would not be so stubborn and cold. Edelgard is the same way. It is just kind of tragic to see a character you adore so much packed with so much potential was not able to achieve what you think they can achieve. Maybe I am a being a bit overly harsh on Edelgard, since every Fire Emblem game I have played so far allows you to recruit all or the vast majority of important characters as allies, and being conditioned to think that you can save everyone is a bit naive. Especially after playing Heroes, you get the feeling that you can save world by relying on the power of Orbs friendship, and you can even redeem deplorables like Surtr and Hel.

Sorry, did not mean to type a wall of text. I just find her so compelling and mesmerizing. Maybe it is because of these flaws that makes her stand out so much to me, which in turns causes me to like her even more. If she was perfect like Robin, I think I will still like her very much, but I guess she would stand out a lot less since she does not cause such emotional conflict and moral tension within me. Okay, I got stop typing or else I am going to just drone on.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

The most morally sound choice in 3H is to get to the choice, then stop playing that file, forever.  Let them forever wonder what Byleth will do~!

55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Even better is to just not make any of them have to deal with Byleth and never start a save. Fodlan is saved!

Good point! If you do not let time move forward, nothing bad happens! It would be very boring though.

Yeah. We need Edelgard to really roast the the Crests off the aristocrats' soft and tender lazy loins and let the masses devour and feast on their fat noble bacon. Without Edelgard and heavy reforms, I do not see the Empire surviving. The Empire seems ripe for collapse. Faerghus practically collapsed too, and I think the Kingdom seems to be in a better shape than the Empire, so it is only a matter of time before the Empire succumbs to its own corruption.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Empire v Church war >>>>>>>> Empire v Church + Faerghus + Leicester and conquering them after.

Problem with that is, the Empire vs Church war wasn't a thing that was going to happen with the nobility of Adrestria. They were happy to lord it over what they had. Edelgard's issues with the church... and for that matter the Church's issues with the Empire were separate. Point is... Edelgard kind of was needed for reform... but then made less morally sound decisions regarding an attempt to clean up the Church's dirty laundry besides. As I see it... even the act of doing nothing here ends up being immoral just because nothing's fixed.
In a society that desperately needs it.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Even considering neutrality, Edelgard is the obvious choice as the true mascot of Three Houses (she was in the marketing more than Byleth, she's the one who drives the plot, etc.)

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would assume that, if something happened to Edelgard, Hubert would immediately begin plotting to achieve her dreams in her stead. First thing for him to do (after ambushing and killing all the bandits in revenge, as he knows where they're hiding) would be to take over the Empire from the shadows, and as the spymaster's son, he has the means to do it. 

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m surprised that that one guy from melee with the red hair doesn’t have a Wikipedia page. Other than that it’s what I expected, minus Lucina, who I should have thought of, and Corrin, because I doubted anyone cared that much.

What do you mean? Of course he does:

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ロイ_(ファイアーエムブレム)

On that subject...

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/カミュ_(ファイアーエムブレム)
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/シーダ
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/マケドニア白騎士団

I like how Roy also has an entry in Spanish, French, and even Italian... but not English.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I was just going off of the information presented.

(I like how this thread has devolved into another 3H debate. But at least it seems pretty chill.)

If we're talking about what Fodlan would look like without the 3 main lords, I'd imagine the Empire would either A) devolve into utter anarchy as the nobles tear into each other, B) Would be under the control of Hubert, as he's smart enough to do just that, or C) be under the control of Twsitd. Option A is probably the best for the peace of the other nations, option B is better for the future of Fodlan, and option C will not end well for anyone.

The Kingdom is a bit different. The 3 ways that could go is A) the Slither is disguise (Forgot her name) would take control, B)the dukedoms would disintegrate into separate, but stable nation-states, or 3) one of the dukes would take control. Or who knows, maybe a certain purple haired crime lord could take effective control of the country, given the influence he wields...

The Alliance seems stable enough. Either the 2 power blocs go their seperate ways, or they stay unified. Of course, given that Claud is dead/vanished in this scenario, we have the very real possibility of Almyra launching a full-scale invasion of Fodlan. And from what I understand of it, they haven't actually tried to invade before, just show off how strong they are. And give the Alliance needed the help of the other nations to push the Almyrans back several times... And they will not be there to help now...

All the while this is going on, the Church will try to stop the feuding, but I rather doubt their ability to make peace between them, and the Knights aren't strong enough a force to do much but defend the monastery. So the Church wouldn't be a very big player in such a scenario.

More or less, Fodlan would devolve into a bloody mess of warfare as the various nobles vie for power, all the while an Almyran invasion looms. Either that, or Twsitd would take control. More like than not, it's be even worse than the events of the game.

As for Edelgard, Morally she's right. Her actions say otherwise. At least try diplomacy first. If that fails, then reform yourself first and let the others see the results, and if they still don't want to change, then you attack them. That's the moral process to do. Is it feasible? No, not really. The Empire's nobles don't want to let go of their power, and Edelgard ideals are of equal chance, which is precisely the opposite of the noble's wants.

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Interesting! I guess Roy is more popular in the Spanish, French, and Italian fanbase then?

20 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

As for Edelgard, Morally she's right. Her actions say otherwise. At least try diplomacy first. If that fails, then reform yourself first and let the others see the results, and if they still don't want to change, then you attack them. That's the moral process to do. Is it feasible? No, not really. The Empire's nobles don't want to let go of their power, and Edelgard ideals are of equal chance, which is precisely the opposite of the noble's wants.

Yeah, I agree with her ideals, I just wish she went about it in a more diplomatic way. I think she is selling her own charm and charisma short.

On the other hand, maybe it is because she is flawed in that way that makes her so compelling to me and a lot of people? If she does not make people question their ability to follow their own moral compass, would she be as captivating, interesting, and lovable?

For comparison, Lucina carries herself well as a regal princess. She is nowhere near as charismatic as Edelgard, but Lucina still has a that commanding presence (although also to a much lesser extent) that I like and she has a tragic backstory too. One thing that is very different between Lucina and Edelgard is that Lucina is very agreeable and reasonable. Due to Lucina's lack of serious flaws, she does not generate much emotional nor moral tension, if at all, unlike Edelgard. And maybe it is also our desire and inability to save Edelgard and guide her towards a better path that makes us want to help her even more. Robin and Chrom are able to convince Lucina that the power of friendship can save the day. On the other hand, the best we can do for Edelgard is to save her former classmates and soil our own hands in blood so she does not have to.

And this might be an even better comparison, Robin is also smart, strong, beautiful/handsome, and just as charismatic if not more so (at least in my opinion). Robin realizes what he is capable of, and uses his raw power and skill to achieve his ideals without giving up any of his ideals during that journey. Edelgard on the other hand does not seem to realize the full extend of her own potential and assets, and she seems content with sacrificing peace and prosperity in the short term rather trying to have it peace and prosperity in both the short and long term. Because Robin seems so perfect, he does have that tension and impact that Edelgard has.

Across another series in the Game of Thrones, Ned Stark is a very lovable character. He is very honorable and considerate, putting others and the well being of the Seven Kingdoms before him. Despite that, who the fans truly love (me included) is Daenerys Targaryen, the Mother of Dragons. She has a heart of pure gold, but her mind and personality gradually became a ruthless sword of cold Valyrian steel. Ned is nice and great and all, but he is also a bit... boring and too goody two shoes. Daenerys was a good girl, and still is deep inside her, but she became a very spicy and interesting bad girl.

Okay, I think I have talked too much about Edelgard.