The Infernal Legendary Hero Battle: Lilina

SatsumaFSoysoy

I had nothing better to do this morning than wait for the thread.

@LordFrigid @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11   

21 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Leanne is going to feast on this coming LHB.

There was indeed a feast. Magic that happens before combat is still magic.

I was not expecting literally every mage to be in range at the start, which meant Leanne go to go on a killing spree, though it took cannibalizing Silvia's kit to pull off because she was dying by a difference of 1 HP to Lilina and needed a little more oomph to kill the starting Blue Mage. After the first turn, the map was mostly an exercise in keeping the physicals on Balldigan and the magicals on Leanne/Puddle while keeping Silvia safe -- she wasn't able to do much at the start with all the Def-heavy enemies, but she got her chance to rampage at the end when she deleted all of the squishies.

Edited by Some Jerk

This map was quite easy. I didn't expect it to be the same from Hector's map... but it's nice to reuse it, like how Celica's map is the same from her BHB and Alm's LHB.

Anyway, I did a one-turn. I finally gave Galeforce to OG Caeda, and maybe I will give her some merges later.

@Maaka @BoaFerox @mcsilas @daisy jane @Landmaster @LordFrigid @SatsumaFSoysoy @Sasori

@Some Jerk That was a great clear. Of course Leanne would destroy all those mages in turn 1, she is such a nice mage/dragon tank. The exact damage to kill the Axe Knight in the end was very cool! Congrats!

3 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I had nothing better to do this morning than wait for the thread.

@LordFrigid @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11   

There was indeed a feast. Magic that happens before combat is still magic.

I was not expecting literally every mage to be in range at the start, which meant Leanne go to go on a killing spree, though it took cannibalizing Silvia's kit to pull off because she was dying by a difference of 1 HP to Lilina and needed a little more oomph to kill the starting Blue Mage. After the first turn, the map was mostly an exercise in keeping the physicals on Balldigan and the magicals on Leanne/Puddle while keeping Silvia safe -- she wasn't able to do much at the start with all the Def-heavy enemies, but she got her chance to rampage at the end when she deleted all of the squishies.

Distant Ward Leanne tanked all of them? Crazy. I was hoping young Azura's Astra animation would involve even more bubbles, but it didn't. Interesting seeing her with it though. Nice clear.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This map was quite easy. I didn't expect it to be the same from Hector's map... but it's nice to reuse it, like how Celica's map is the same from her BHB and Alm's LHB.

Anyway, I did a one-turn. I finally gave Galeforce to OG Caeda, and maybe I will give her some merges later.

Sheesh! Caeda took a lot of damage from the axe armor in the beginning. These one turn clears are always impressive!

Ninja Duo Lyn destroys the map with 3 dancers -- she can ORKO any unit on the Abyssal map that isn't a walking refrigerator. It does come down to making sure that the armored units don't group up for Armor March and Lyn KOing a lot of things per turn until the fridges get isolated.

+2+5 +HP Ninja Duo Lyn: Tailwind Shuriken, Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Fury 4, Desperation, Spd/Def Rein, Savage Blow
3 flier dancers with Wings of Mercy and buffing skills (I used Legendary Azura, New Year's Azura, and Plumeria)

Fury is chosen over Swift Sparrow so that the dancers can actually use Wings of Mercy for more mobility in general since the map can get crowded very quickly. There's also that Lyn kills things so easily that without Fury, she'd be taking no damage at all, which could make it harder for the dancers to support her.

If it's squishy and mobile, Leon's going to destroy it.  Which is exactly what happened here (Infernal).

Things got dicey when I saw something like eight enemies rushing me, but thanks to some choice pick-offs, it wasn't quite as bad as it could've been.  The worst part was making sure everyone was out of Lilina's range once she started to move.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

@GuiltyLove

Wasn't planning on using Caeda but Celica wasn't able to chip Lilina so I fielded Caeda to take care to her and Nino to take care of units that Caeda couldn't handle.

Reveal hidden contents

Nino is still a fun nuke to this day. :Nino:

@XRay @Landmaster @daisy jane @NSSKG151 @Unknown Gamer11 @Some Jerk 

I don't really enjoy using Duo skills, but I ended up using Byleth's Desperation for this. Bleh!

There were a lot of close calls here.

I didn't really need to do much. This Abyssal map was much tamer than some of the other ones we had this year but Legendary Hero Battles also seems to end up being easier than Mythic Hero Battles, at least it seems that way to me.

@GuiltyLove Byleth put in a lot of work this time around. Claude's healing abilities helped keep him alive. Nice clear!

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

I didn't really need to do much. This Abyssal map was much tamer than some of the other ones we had this year but Legendary Hero Battles also seems to end up being easier than Mythic Hero Battles, at least it seems that way to me.

@GuiltyLove Byleth put in a lot of work this time around. Claude's healing abilities helped keep him alive. Nice clear!

Apotheosis Anna seems invincible with that build. I don't think I see regular Brave weapons often anymore unless they're built into Prfs, so it was nice seeing it on NY Anna. I am so envious of units who can get NFU. At least Summer Byleth could have fun with it in my clear!

@Diovani Bressan: Ooh Caeda was a good fit for this map. She's not yet fully invested, but she had no problems doing her job of anti caving/generaling. I was also surprised to see you trigger Tiki's duo skill. I thought the turn automatically ended after all units moved and that you could't trigger the duo attack if that was the last unit that moved.

@Flying Shogi: That another great Caeda. Destroying all cavs/armours in her way while staying out of the danger zone in ep. I'm also impressed with how Nino dealt with the red dragon. That was my biggest roadblock, but Nino put in big chunks of damage even with wtd.
------
I was planning to go with the fates royals again this run, but the Araphen boys got some new tools to play with so they got another Abyssal clear. Raigh got some nice winter Altina fodder and Mythic boost stacking with mythic boost works wonders for Chad. Rinea got to be the sitter this run  for the support...and because I thought she would be a good fit for such a fire heavy map.

The video quality seems to be a bit more blurry then usual.

@Landmaster @Maaka @Unknown Gamer11 @SatsumaFSoysoy

Edited by Sasori

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! Galeforce on Caeda is absolutely a worthy investment. I like that she had no C-skill as well, proving that the clear would work without the Duo Skill if you had Odd Tempest in that slot somehow.

I did a one turn clear of this myself. It was surprisingly easy, no super tricky positions this time. They were even nice enough to not put Lilina Solo to start so she was easier to activate Heavy Blade on.

@Some Jerk Huh, Distant Ward Leanne. Alright. Was effective for sure on this map. Quite amusing that you call A!Azura Puddle.

@Diovani Bressan Lol Tiki the dance bot. And also kill you extremely hard bot. I didn't know one of her damaged quotes was literally "Oof" lol.

@NSSKG151 Damn, Deadeye on NYAnna. Don't think I've seen you use that before? Damage reduction certainly ruins Lilina's day.

@Sasori Damn, even with the Ruse on Lilina hit Raigh like a truck. The boys made it through fine, though. Chad proving to be even more indestructible than before with double Mystic Boost and the dagger.

@BoaFerox Strong Tana is cool. I guess you didn't even really need Dorothea either since Ephraim could just Duo skill to boost himself to the green armor at the start?

I actually finished this early for once but then fell asleep before I could send it lol. I was going to try and challenge myself and go back to using Celica's Player Phase set instead, but I wanted to show off Mystic Boost seal.

@Landmaster @Alexmender @LordFrigid @daisy jane

@Sasori Nice clear! Chad improved his healing abilities a lot since the last time i saw him. Raigh and Lugh also did a great job, while Rinea babysit them all.

About being able to use Tiki's Harmonic skill after all units already have moved... You can do it when the Settings for "Smart End" is on "Excl. Pair/Duo". This means your turn will not end until you press "End Turn" or you use the Duo Skill. It's pretty nice and useful.

@BoaFerox Nice job! I still need to give galeforce to my Ephraim. I keep forgetting that he is a pretty good galeforcer... or that he exists. lol

@SatsumaFSoysoy Your Celica always impress me. And now she heals more as well? Nice!

@Some Jerk Wow Leanne destroyed everyone at the beginning there. She is really an amazing mage tank. Tanky Eldigan was great as usual, seeing him tank that axe armor and kill him in the end was nice. Those healers really made things annoying, but you handled it really well. Awesome clear!

@Diovani Bressan Thought there was going to be some future visioning going on when I saw L!Lucina, but guess she was just there as a wings of mercy beacon for Tiki. That movement duo skill from the whitewing sisters sure comes in handy a lot. Great job!

@NSSKG151 Wow close call did a lot of work on those slow mages at the beginning. Also can't believe how speedy NY!Anna is, although she really only needed to quad the armor units, so I guess the speed didn't matter so much lol. Glad to see commander Anna getting some nice kills in as well. Great clear!

@Sasori Woohoo! Double mystic boost Chad! Your Chad was the first thing I thought of when they announced the mystic boost seal. Raigh did quite a lot in this clear, I can't believe he survived that first round from Lilina. Then he basically just sat with no hp and picked people off. That was an amazing clear!

@BoaFerox Ooo galeforcing dancers are always nice to see! Duo Ephraim is quite dangerous to those armor units and the guaranteed follow up on his weapon helped out a lot. I also appreciate that you didn't cheat with him. Tana certainly had no trouble murdering Lilina and that green mage. Nice clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow Celica destroyed those people at the beginning. That healing in her refine is really crazy with the mystic boost seal. It's amazing that she ended up with full hp at the end without needing to be healed by Veronica once. Kagero did a great job picking off the blues that Celica didn't want to deal with. Nice job!

Odd tempest has really come in handy for me on these past few clears. I'm super happy I decided to give it to spring Fir. Got both Firs and Bartres in this clear, although OG Fir just did a bit of supporting as usual. Originally I had intended to send spring Bartre up the left side with a reposition and null follow up to take out the armor, but I thought using astra would be more fun.

12 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Strong Tana is cool. I guess you didn't even really need Dorothea either since Ephraim could just Duo skill to boost himself to the green armor at the start?

Thanks! Dorothea was actually important, but not because of her assistance in movement. The green armor would actually survive with 1HP if Ephraim didn't have the +7 Atk buff from Hone Atk 4. I could have fixed this by using trait fruit on Ephraim to make him +Atk, but I'm still too indecisive to use those haha. But yeah, I technically could have chosen to not move Dorothea at all I guess, but I like to not use the cheat button Duo Skill if I can do without it.

Very nice clear, that's quite the Celica you have there! I usually see the more player phase Galeforce oriented variant, but she does incredibly well like this too. That refine is so strong for her, no matter the role.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Nice job! I still need to give galeforce to my Ephraim. I keep forgetting that he is a pretty good galeforcer... or that he exists. lol

Hope this was a good reminder of his existence then lol
There's still like six thousand units on my "Oh, I should give them Galeforce!" list, so I don't blame you for not having gotten around to it.

1 hour ago, Maaka said:

Ooo galeforcing dancers are always nice to see! Duo Ephraim is quite dangerous to those armor units and the guaranteed follow up on his weapon helped out a lot. I also appreciate that you didn't cheat with him. Tana certainly had no trouble murdering Lilina and that green mage. Nice clear!

Yeah, Ephraim was definitely the mvp of this clear. I think I could have replaced every other unit with something else and still made it work, but Ephraim was essential with his ability to break through the fighter skills while having effective damage. And I made sure not to cheat to appease you, you're welcome.

Nice clear yourself! Odd Tempest is just too handy in these one turn clears, I've wished I had it so many times haha. Spring Fir really is the perfect unit for opening up this map, and Bartre made for a grand finale with that Astra. Great stuff!

Was a bit tougher for the Elises, but we were able to bring in a reserve team member for some help.

OG!Elise's new toy did come in handy but it came at the cost of not finishing his last 2K feathers, RIP.

Spoiler

@Some Jerk - No one better to tank mages than Leanne or physical weapons like Eldigan. Very well played with how you were able to traverse the back of the map in such a confined space. Eldigan was the MVP here.

@Diovani Bressanr - Nice one turn, I thought this one would be harder to do but you  people with the big brains always come up with something.

@GuiltyLove - Here I am trying to do my Arena run and realizing how much I hate Summer Byleth and here she is again~ I just can’t escape from her. But she’s much more fun in your hands than the AI. Was a bit scary when everyone was clustered in the corner, but the Duo Skill came through. Your Fliers are pretty resilient. 

@NSSKG151 - Nothing’s ever really an issue for the Annas. They can really steam roll through whatever they want. Always impressive is how they barely take any damage and end the map with almost fill HP most of the time.

@Sasori - Chad and Lugh’s healing weapons came in clutch to come back from Lilina’s AOE. Chad always impresses me with how much of a chad he is, especially with double Mystic Boost. Who can even touch that? Raigh is the crazy nuke the team needs, I love how he spends the whole map on 1-2 HP.

@BoaFeroxr - Best way to deal with Lilina is to nuke her with Super Saiyan Tana before she nukes you~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Nice thumbnail and music~ Celica still enjoying that tank build. It is fun to see her playing both roles so well. Since Kagero’s already so lethal on offense, it helps to have such a good mixed phase partner.

@Maakar - It’s Christmas, we need Christmas Bartre and Fir. But an Astra Leapin Smash and all four of them together is good enough to make up for no Santa Bartre.

@SatsumaFSoysoy I guess Celica with never have to worry about HP being an issue with both her prf and mystic boost healing her. Nice clear! I may have used Deadeye on NY!Anna once before though I think Glacies usually does more damage in most matchups. I just went with Deadeye because I wanted to deal big damage to the axe flier for being a nuisance with their rally the entire time.

@Maaka The whole Bartre family came this time. Shame normal Fir didn't do much this time around. I liked seeing the big numbers Bartre did the the sword armor at the end. Great one turn clear!

@Landmaster Nowi is great at tanking things. Those were some close calls halfway through the battle but it was nice to see the Elise team pull through. Great clear!

Micaiah works great this map, with a Sol build and her new refine she handled Lilina and many of the map enemies with no issue, this was the first Abyssal map in a while I've brought her to so I was impressed.

Wow cool seeing everyone and their theme teams doing work on this map. I was able to use Catherine at long last, these fridges are too much at times. I had to trade Celica for her back on the Dimitri map. And Selena gets to nuke stuff, but of course one of those fridges and Sabotage Atk held her back a little.

Spoiler

Edited by LoneStar

Alright, I Christmas stuff is now out of the way so let's get this done while I can! 

@Diovani Bressan Wow, that went by so fast even with that annoying Even Fighter red fridge in the way. What's even crazier is that R!Caeda had like the bare minimum skillset and even then she went all out on Lilina and the green fridge. Really nice! 

@NSSKG151 The map was a breeze for your Annas as usual. They just go and nuke everything on their path, Heroes Anna might need some extra setup every now and again while her sisters nuke things right from the start, but when the setup is ready she doesn't lag behind them in terms of damage.

@SatsumaFSoysoy B!Celica has gotten so much power with that Mystic Boost seal. She can comfortably ditch Aether because with the seal, her Prf and Repel she has more than enough sustain to practically take down the map on her own. I also noticed that B!Veronica doesn't have her refine equipped, meaning Celica ran with basically bare minimum support and even then she plowed through the map like it was nothing. Crazy stuff! I kinda wish Eirika could do that kind of stuff, but she's more of a team player and that's ok. 

@Landmaster The Elise squad certainly had it pretty rough with this one. They had to tank quite a few hits while this month's guest Nowi held a chokepoint to stop the Elises from getting overwhelmed with foes. That Sephiran sacrifice certainly came in handy because that new healer skill was pretty key in keeping everyone alive. It's funny that you used Nowi for this one, I used her too but the ways we used her were almost the opposite. 

- - - - - 

We'll start with the classic Officer Hilda clear. For a map that isn't all that threatening it required a lot of tinkering with skillsets in order to deal with it but the team managed to do it and there was quite a few teleport shenanigans so everything should be in order. 

And for our 2nd clear we have something kinda unorthodox. I really wanted to give my new L!Celica a showcase, but with her being -Atk and me not grinding enough SP to give her a better skillset (AKA replace SS3 for Atk/Spd Push 4) things were pretty rough. Then I saw that I never used my Nowi in a video, I've had her since 2017 as part of my arena core with OG!Ike and OG!Hector. Those two fell to powercreep pretty hard but Nowi has survived the test of time and can be pretty formidable on her own (not to mention mine has a couple of premium skills that I'd like to show off) so why not let her loose at least once? Now see what Nowi is capable of! I know it's kind of a rip off from Eirika's style, blame IS for that

Meant to get this posted earlier, but here we go!

Went with an FE6 clear team and got to take Guinevere and Melady for a spin! Also really happy I finally used Lugh+Idunn together in an abyssal, they're basically my oldest content clearing duo in this game. Lugh's also got some new toys to play around with for some new builds.

Spoiler

@Sasori I love this clear, and happy to see the updated kits on some of them. Man, Chad's special quotes also work really well here. I just really wish they'd release more green inheritable tomes for Lugh, I'd even take Gronnfox.

@Landmaster I approve of the music choice, and I guess Nowi's short and has a sort of close hair color, so I guess she counts? Team huddle in the right with Nowi blocking off was really effective too.

@Maaka Yeah that Odd Tempest seems just perfect for a unit like her, and for one-turn clears. Impressive as always, and your usual theme works for an FE6 clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Sheesh the sustain on Celica there is just absurd, and I love seeing Kagero's visible attack stat hitting the 70's. Also, I was happy to recognize the song was May'n before I checked the description, since I've only heard her Macross stuff.

@BoaFerox Nice to see a Tana, and very nice one-turn as well! Do you have an S!Tana +10'd as well?

@NSSKG151 What was the song here? I really liked it. Man, A!Anna really is quite the juggernaut, and I'm happy to see anytime OG!Anna gets to actually get a few combats in.

@GuiltyLove Like you said, definitely some close calls there. That squad definitely gives a feel of two shiny newer units and two OGs, and I'm glad the older two can still put in plenty of work.

@Flying Shogi There's something special about seeing a clear with almost no fancy skills, just two dancers (including a 4 star) and two Fury Desperation nukes and some tactics buffs.

@Diovani Bressan Another very nice one-turn, for a second there I thought Tiki wasn't gonna see any combat and was only gonna get used for her duo skill, but she at least got a knight to kill.

@Some Jerk That Leanne is what I wish I could build my Rafiel to be (who I still need to find a support partner for...). As usual I love the dancer clear, and Leanne getting to shine in combat like that was really cool.