January's Mythic Hero Predictions:.... It's all So Clear! (And yet so Muddy!!)

daisy jane

lowrbw1yda761.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Lilina is our newest Legendary Hero, representing Fire (yet we got a light blessing? sure okay) Her return isn't until April, so people who want her (or her fodder) have this week before you have to wait four months. If you wanted Plumeria - now is the time because for whatever reason she was the one who got the punt and she won't be seen until June of next year. Reginn is in March (Legend locking up Red), and Bramimond will join her, sharing with Corrin. Duma and Celica are anchoring April. 

Annd. There are a whole hecka lot of changes. 

January: Ike, Hector, Lyn are out while Yune are in. 
February: Hel, Triandra have won the  day, while Gunnthra is out along with Fjorm,  Ephraim and Grima
May: if you were hoping to get some kestal stance/guidance fodder, you'll have to wait because Ryoma is gone. 

The first eight legendaries are completely removed from the schedule as of right now, joining Sothis in TBD-land. and while with Sothis I can guesstimate that she's probably on some kind of Herofest (maybe?), the legendaries are completely up in the air. are they just... gone? Are they removed because they'll have a special banner of their own? Refines? Wth all the shifting I had thought they would probably maybe start putting more mythics togethers vs Legendaries - but no it's still intermingled. I don't know if they'll just.... punt them completely (because of AR/Arena bonus units). but it is completely bizarro that those guys are just gone. (Maybe we will know more in February. The Next "batch" that could be removed would be (In order): Lucina, Marth, Tiki, Eirika, Hrid (Eir, as our first Mythic),and Azura, (Yune as our 2nd Mythic if we want another eight). 

With that out of the way -  Mythic Prediction Time!
Remember with the new changes to AR - this mythic will probably be Stat + Extra Space to either defence or offence. Also having the right mythic combos (in both offence and defence) will help your lift lost on AR-D and how many units you can lose in AR-O (if you don't really care nothing changes for you). 

Red

LifDistant Counter, Times Pulse
Roy: bonus doubler, renewal 
???

Catherine (swift sparrow 3, lull spd/def) fits in here nicely. I don't think they'll go back to Say'ri (kestral stance 3, close call 3) or Male Kris (HP/SPD 2, spurn, joint drive atk) now. they can actually just be caught up in red. and then do red- repeats later. Only thing that changes is if Catherine is on a Heroes/W Banner in January, then it literally could be anyone (But really the other two)

Blue
Julia
Mirror Impact, Atk/Res Oath 
Dimitri: sturdy impact, odd tempest three 
???

I personally believe the Mythic is Blue this month and it will be Freyr (yes another FEH OC Character, but it does fit, closes out that completely, and then allows a few Mythic months to have other characters before we start seeing the Mecha Book 5 people). Freyr could literally have anything as his only appearance in the book he had no skills at all. (He could be defensively bulky though with probably a DC prf as well. Maybe?)

Green
Thrasir flashing blade 4, panic smoke
Yune atk res bond 3, sabotage res 
???

I think Shamir (atk/spd solo 4, null follow up, rouse atk/spd 3) will find herself in the green slot 

Colourless
Eir: 
swift sparrow 2, mystic boost 3 
Alm: darting blow 4, null follow up, odd atk wave 3 
???

Flayn (rescue+ dazzling staff 3, ground orders, deluge balm+ ) will round out this spot. If they wanna wait until Feb for Flayn that would be peaches. but if they do that we see a colourless repeat which could be anyone. 

-----------

January is Also has the winner of the Re-spark Vote and the winner of that was Dark Burdens (the 2020 fallen banner). This will probably appear after the new heroes  so plan accordingly. 

We did not have a Double Special Heroes Banner in December. (my guess again was they probably want to change the cycle for Odd/Mythic months so Black Friday can have it, in case we do. this is what we are looking at (again)

Red
Joshua 
 (coral bow+ (lull spd/def bow), atk/spd link 3, fortify def 4 )
Brigid (helm bow + (solo spd/def neutralize penalties bow),  harsh command +, steady impact, pulse smoke)

Blue
Lute (flora guide (lull spd res+ 5 tome), spd tactic), 
Geese (flowing lance+ (solo atk/ def neutalize penalties lance), fire boost, infantry pulse 3) or
Quan (courtly bow + (atk/def +5, reduce first atk if counter atk bow), atk/def bond 4, flier formation, joint hone def)

Green
Harmonized! Veronica (atk/def solo 4, lull atk/def, atk/def gap 3)
Dancer! Lachesis (courtly mask + (atk/res+ 5, reduce first atk if counteratk dagger), def cantrip, air orders)

Colourless
Pirate Tibarn (
heavy blade 4, dive bomb 3)
Dancer! Ethyln (courtly fan + (if initiates atk/spd +5, blocks followups dagger), ard-atk/spd 3, windsweep 3, joint drive spd)

And last but not Least
January's Revival Banner Schedule 
we have finished with book 2 so it will be book 1 until March

January 3rd: Mia, Lute and Dorcas
January 10th: Luke, Tana, Hector 
January 17th: Saber, Sonya, Linde
January 24th: Eldigan, Azura, Deidre
January 31st: Karel, Ephraim, Jaffar

Have a very happy and merry whatever you celebrate. and whatever you decide to do summoning wise may it be quick and easy! 

Edited by daisy jane

Interesting stuff. I'm sure the removed legendaries will get reruns at some point, but not on the regular banners. Maybe they'll show up in more the style of the weekly revival banners, where there's fewer units and a better rate since they're outdated. They could even get straight-up added to the weekly revival lineup, honestly. The ones so far are all older than the weekly revival cutoff, and not particularly good.

They could start doing the same thing for old seasonals, to avoid clogging up the Special Heroes Revival lineups. That'd further clog up the weekly revival lineup, though. Which they could avoid by rearranging things so we're getting those revivals more often than one per week, or by bumping off some of the old units into another type of rerun.

Ah, that definitely looks like a Freyr lineup. Dimitri making his first appearance since his debut is the biggest indicator we are getting a blue unit regardless. Freyr it is, woohoo! I'll shoot for a copy. I can imagine he might be an Anima unit, in order to make Astra season the new test dummy season for these new AR units. 

Julia would not be a bad unit to pick up hypothetically if it is Freyr, and my Dimitri could use a merge to get rid of his -Spd! Overall, must save orbs for blue!!

I also agree that we more than likely will see Catherine, Flayn and Shamir. Good stuff, keeping up with the banner theme.

I also want Summer Joshua merges and I wouldn't mind a Brigid. 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

They could start doing the same thing for old seasonals, to avoid clogging up the Special Heroes Revival lineups. That'd further clog up the weekly revival lineup, though. Which they could avoid by rearranging things so we're getting those revivals more often than one per week, or by bumping off some of the old units into another type of rerun.

Yeah, multiple weekly Revival Foci at a time sounds like the no-brainer solution in my opinion.

I do not think there is any better way to get Orbs out of players' wallets than dangling their favorite characters and important skill fodder more frequently.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Ah, that definitely looks like a Freyr lineup. Dimitri making his first appearance since his debut is the biggest indicator we are getting a blue unit regardless. Freyr it is, woohoo! I'll shoot for a copy. I can imagine he might be an Anima unit, in order to make Astra season the new test dummy season for these new AR units. 

Julia would not be a bad unit to pick up hypothetically if it is Freyr, and my Dimitri could use a merge to get rid of his -Spd! Overall, must save orbs for blue!!

I also agree that we more than likely will see Catherine, Flayn and Shamir. Good stuff, keeping up with the banner theme.

I also want Summer Joshua merges and I wouldn't mind a Brigid. 

He does seem like he'd round out the lineup nicely alongside the 3H units. And man, I'm already missing Julia and Dimitri. I think I'd have to make that an exception to my summoning rule, hopefully I have enough orbs one way or another.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, multiple weekly Revival Foci at a time sounds like the no-brainer solution in my opinion.

I do not think there is any better way to get Orbs out of players' wallets than dangling their favorite characters and important skill fodder more frequently.

It seems like a no-brainer to me too, but they've surprised me a lot with how they've handled old units.

If they boot the 2017 seasonals (up to the first NY batch), that's 4 red, 8 blue, 11 green, and 8 colorless, for a total of 31. Add the original eight legendaries and that's 6 red, 10 blue, 14 green, and 9 colorless, for a total of 39. Which could hypothetically be done in 13 revival banners, but one of them would have to double up on green, so I think they'd increase it to 14.

Seasonals are normally more rare than regular units, so I don't think they'd give them an independent rotation that cycles through twice as fast. If they wanted to leave the existing rotation as-is and use these for a second parallel one, my guess is that they'd make the new one run about every two weeks so a full rotation takes equally long. But also, I could see them adding a new batch of regular pool units to the rotation around the time the current cycle ends - maybe the remaining Book 2 units, which would be 5 red, 5 blue, 4 green, and 3 colorless, for a total of 17. And rather than leaving the existing banners along and just making a bunch of new ones, it could make sense for them to take the full revival lineup and shuffle some of the units around to new banners. But again, they're full of surprises, so who knows.

Blue is looking like it might be Freyr but man do I wish it actually ends up being Gotoh with Starlight or maybe even Athos if he ends up not having Forblaze especially since Lilina stole it from him twice now. Can't really think of any other good alternatives outside of dragons like Medeus (unlikely to be blue) or Anankos. I'm kind of more curious who the Legendary Hero will be in February since it can't be red which already drops a lot of obvious candidates. I forgot which season it will be late February/early March but maybe Micaiah if it's earth season or Caeda if its water season is my guess.

Joshua and Brigid appearing on the next double special hero banner might make me want to spend orbs for them since they both have interesting bows I could use as fodder but I don't know if they are just as good or good alternatives to Spendthrift Bow. Maybe I will wait and see if January's New Heroes banner is Echoes or not first before deciding. I guess I will also have to consider if we are getting a second New Heroes banner or if they are going to make up a new Special Heroes banner (Hot Springs 2.0 incoming) but I am leaning on the latter happening, preferably with a new theme like a cooking banner or even based one of the categories from the Voting Jubilee event we did earlier this year.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Maybe they'll show up in more the style of the weekly revival banners, where there's fewer units and a better rate since they're outdated. They could even get straight-up added to the weekly revival lineup, honestly.

I didn't actually realize the older Legendaries had gone AWOL (I still got spooked by a Fjorm the last time she was on one though...) and you're right: they are absolutely old enough to warrant demoting to revival banners. Heck, B!Ike is on one and Steady Breath is much more highly valued than L!Ike's Warding Breath, not to mention L!Lyn being pretty weak from the moment she showed up.

3 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Blue is looking like it might be Freyr but man do I wish it actually ends up being Gotoh with Starlight or maybe even Athos if he ends up not having Forblaze especially since Lilina stole it from him twice now. Can't really think of any other good alternatives outside of dragons like Medeus (unlikely to be blue) or Anankos.

The mythic doesn't have to be blue, all colors are open. People are just assuming Freyr, who's blue.

I'm not 100% certain it will be Freyr myself, but I won't be surprised if it is.

I was thinking what element Freyr would fit into and I guess Anima works to be a counter to Reginn. I imagine that they will prioritize releasing one of each type of new Mythic. Offense then defense so that the mode doesn't feel too unfair. So, Anima -> Light ->Dark.

One pattern that I have noticed is that the new legend or mythic almost always goes to the colour of newest legend/mythic to get a rerun so I am betting on blue. Candidates are Ashera, Athos and Freyr I am betting it's Freyr. 

The removal of the first legends is really interesting, I believe they will eirther give them a refine and generally an upgrade or they will discard them completely, they ruined every colour they were in so that's nice. However, I still not tempted that much. Dimitri and Hel are certainly very enticing but I the rest look really not worth it. The new mythic is going to be needed but the free 5* event will most likely give a mythic and if Freyr has Freyja levels of power and is a defence one then it's between him, Plumeria and perhaps the NY Duo most likely. 

I'm not super confident we're getting Freyr this month considering March has two blue slots open. I wouldn't be surprised, though.

21 hours ago, daisy jane said:

(Yune as our 2nd Mythic if we want another eight). 

Duma was before Yune. After Azura it was Duma -> Roy -> Yune.

42 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm not super confident we're getting Freyr this month considering March has two blue slots open. I wouldn't be surprised, though.

Could be Freyr this month and then Ashera in March.

Blue this month seems to be a fair guess as L!Dimitri makes it more attractive as an option compared to the others. For that, I also agree that Freyr is probably next as he's the last OC Mythic from Book 4 that they need to get out of the way and with Eitri probably coming soon (she's being built up as an ally and we'll probably meet her by March at the latest) as well as the other Book 5 OCs getting rolled out in the coming months it makes more sense to get him out of the way sooner rather then later. If not him, then Ashera, Gotoh, or Anankos would be my secondary guesses since the former two are associated with Light while the latter is associated with Water. The Immaculate One is also possible since she uses ice attacks (Hoarfrost and Aurora Breath), but I feel they'd make her Colorless instead. 

I hope it is Freyr and he is blue because I still want to get a L!Dimitri and Freyr sharing with him would be great for me.  Of course I wouldn't say no to Ashera instead.

I posted it on the General Thread, but maybe here we can also discuss about it:

I was thinking about the Legendary Heroes that were "removed" from the Legendary/Mythic Banners calendar for some reason... Maybe they plan to give refinement for these 8 Legendary Heroes, and their next appearances will be in "New Power" banners.

We have 8 heroes that were removed from those banners: Fjorm, Gunnthrá, Ike, Ephraim, Robin, Lyn, Ryoma and Hector. So we could have one in each month, from January to August... then in August we get the 6-Months Event Channel, which could announce more changes like removing 5* heroes from the normal pool, and maybe removing the rest of Book 2 Legendaries (Lucina, Marth, Tiki, Eirika and Hríd).

So lets say Fjorm was scheduled to appear in January's Mythic Banner... now she will appear in January's New Power banner instead. Something like this.

Which also kinda makes sense since some of these heroes share weapons with their OG versions. Ike and Ryoma should get their refinements soon, so L!Ike and L!Ryoma will get it as well... and Male Grima can be on of the next Book 2 5* Heroes to get refinement, so Female Grima will get it as well.

Well, that's my theory about it.

Maybe after these heroes' appearance in the New Power banners, they return to the Legendary Banners... or added in something else, like the weekly banners.