The Phoenix Rebellion- SRPG Studio

Jayderson

Hello! Welcome to my Passion Project- The Phoenix Rebellion!

Play the Demo Here!

Spoiler
Spoiler

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o3ov3d2ea6lxl1g/AAADZlsTgO6SdaJQay0FL1tta?dl=0

Please Read the credits that are downloaded within the dropbox. It is thanks to those people that this game has any true polish at all.

What is The Phoenix Rebellion?: The Phoenix Rebellion is a project I have been working on for quite some time now. It started as a Rom Hack, with me not having a clue on what to do, and was also dubbed "The Desert Rebellion". Since the very concept of this game, it's become it's own work: It's not really a Fire Emblem fan project anymore, though it still takes many nods from the series, as it is my inspiration. 

The Phoenix Rebellion is the beginning tale of two children, who will one day save the world, as they fight to take back their country, Uhai, from the mountain warriors of Zunbae. One is a princess, who is bratty and mischievous. The other is a peasant, who seems to have lifeless eyes. They are joined by their caretakers who spearhead the rebellion, and are key members to it's success- They simply don't know it yet.

Similar to Fire Emblem, in The Phoenix Rebellion, you'll take control of a small force or rebels aiming to free the country. Every move is important, as permadeath is in play.  There are plenty of objectives to complete, including side objectives that will reward you should you complete them.

There are currently 4 difficulties that you can play on, as well as a few challenges you can subject yourself to.

Difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Pain. Pain is.. uncomplete, and I would not recommend trying it. Easy mode grants double experience, while Hard and Pain mode increase the stats of classes. This affects recruitable enemies too!

Challenges: 0% Growths, Skillless, Critless, TrueHit, Play Perfectly, and Playing with Poison

What the challenges do:

Spoiler

0% Growths: Self Explanatory. The two main characters, however, do get boosted weapons so that they aren't absolutely worthless, since they are required for most maps.

Skillless: All skills are disabled

TrueHit: All attacks hit, regardless of what the accuracy says

Play Perfectly: All Side Objectives become required. Failure to do them results in a game over. This one doesn't actually work yet, because I'm not entirely sure of what side quests are fair and which ones aren't.

Playing With Poison: All your units are poisoned eternally, and take 2 damage each turn. It cannot be cured.

As of right now, these challenges do nothing. However, when the game is complete, they will yield a reward that you can take with you in New Game+. Who knows what you'll get for doing all the challenges at once...

Things to note about The Phoenix Rebellion:

Spoiler

Bows have 2-4 range. Fun fact, you do *not* have access to Bows as the player

No Light and Dark Magic here! We do have Solar and Lunar magic though, based on the Sister angels.

You have access to the base after most Episodes. Sometimes there's even a sidequest that you'll want to take part in before heading out(This demo has 2 after Episode 4 atm) It's important to note that you won't always go to the base after every episode, so make the most of your time there!

Screenshots: 

Spoiler

image.png.ee5a3c2bda7884116773aeac696b3d61.pngimage.png.e19c834019ba08f500bf85514fad39ca.pngimage.png.0573537f0c374d093511db7fcb7fa85e.pngimage.png.ac4458296d732b4399ba467e287dbb99.png

Bugs/Issues:

Spoiler

In Episode 6, The Default Map music plays, and I do not know why.

In Episode 9, Travis comes back from the stairs to smack the Guild Leader with a Poison Dagger. I do not know why.

Some Wall Structures do not allow Fliers to pass them, leaving them stuck in certain areas. I do not know how to fix this currently. Likewise, some wall structures allow all units to simply leave the walls, despite not being allowed to. These are things I hope to fix in due time, but are not major issues.

Edited by Jayderson

• 4 weeks later...