What skills should I pass down with these pairings that can be obtained with very little reclassing?

MagicalAlbino

So, I got Awakening for Christmas, and I've been playing it almost nonstop. I'm currently up to Chapter 11, and I'm already planning my child units. For my first playthrough, I decided to go in semi-blind and not worry too much about the best combinations of skills. I wanna save eugenics for my second playthrough, or whenever I or my mom has enough money for the DLC. I'm playing Normal/Classic, and it's already pretty easy, so I don't wanna ruin it even more by making overpowered war babies. I'm just planning pairings that I think would work well from a character standpoint and/or be funny. Even so, I still want to improve my children's battle performance somewhat and acquaint myself with how inheritance works by passing on skills that their parents learn through their normal class progression. What skills should each parent have in their bottom slot before beginning the child paralogues that they can unlock without excessive grinding and with minimal to no reclassing? For context, here are my planned couples along with their current/default classes:

Chrom (Great Lord) x Sumia (Dark Flier)

Ryan (My Unit; Tactician) x Tharja (Dark Mage)

Sully (Cavalier) x Stahl (Cavalier)

Lissa (War Cleric) x Lon'qu (Myrmidon)

Nowi (Manakete) x Donnel (Mercenary)

Panne (Taguel) x Gregor (Mercenary)

Maribelle (Troubadour) x Vaike (Barbarian)

Cordelia (Pegasus Knight) x Kellam (Armour Knight)

Miriel (Mage) x Henry (Dark Mage)

Olivia (Dancer) x Gaius (Thief)

Cherche (Wyvern Rider) x Virion (Archer)

So, what skills can be obtained without too much effort that are worth passing down? I've already got some figured out. For example, I know I want Lucina to inherit Galeforce from Sumia because it's such a broken skill, I'm planning to give Nah Aptitude so her growth rates become absurdly high, I want Brady to have Despoil to help get some extra gold once he promotes to War Monk, and Armsthrift seems like it'd be a good skill for Yarne because it might help save money on Beaststones. I'd appreciate some input on what naturally-learned skills are worth passing down. Thanks!

Edited by MagicalAlbino

40 minutes ago, MagicalAlbino said:

For example, I know I want Lucina to inherit Galeforce from Sumia because it's such a broken skill

Spoiler alert: Galeforce is a level 15 skill, aka, you aren't getting it before Lucina becomes relevant in all likelihood. Especially since she comes through the storyline.

You can't choose what Chrom passes down, his daughters get Aether and his sons get Rightful King, even if he lacks said skills or has a different skill in his last slot.

Either Ignis or Rally Spectrum for Robin. Tharja: If Sorcerer, then pass down Vengeance. If Dark Knight, either of that class's skills work. Note that Morgan becomes the base class of their non-Robin parent, so in this case, she'll be a Dark Mage.

Sully X Stahl... IDK, Pavise and Luna?

Assuming you don't want to reclass Owain, then Lissa could pass on Miracle or Renewal, of the 2, I'd say Renewal. Lon'qu is the same base class, so I guess promote him to the opposite class of Owain, or vice versa. Pass from Assassin, or Astra or Swordfaire from Swordmaster are recommended.

Without reclassing, the only skill Nowi can give to Nah is Wyrmsbane, which Nah would get in 5 levels anyways. Outside her base class, either of the Dark Knight, Wyvern Lord, or Griffon Rider's skills are decent.

Panne has the same problem as Nowi: without reclassing, she gives basically nothing. Oddly, Yarne losses access to Wyvern Rider, so I guess Lancebreaker from Griffon Rider is the best.

Maribelle should send down Renewal from War Cleric. Her base class lacks any other decent skills Brady would want.

Obviously Galeforce from Cordelia. And Kellam... Luna or Pavise. Or if you want Severa to be a rallybot, then Rallies Speed (Cordelia) and Defense (Kellam) work.

Miriel should pass down Tomefaire if you want Dark Knight Laurent, or if you want Sage Laurent, then either Slow Burn or Lifetaker. Vengeance works for Henry.

Outside of reclassing, the best Olivia can do is Luck +4... Gaius should pass either Pass or Acrobatics.

You know the drill with Cherche. Go the oposite class you want Gerome to be. Sword- or Lancebreakers or Fast Burn works.

Hope this helps.

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Spoiler alert: Galeforce is a level 15 skill, aka, you aren't getting it before Lucina becomes relevant in all likelihood. Especially since she comes through the storyline.

Ah, OK. I knew it was a level 15 skill, so I'm probably not gonna get it if it takes that long.

Another thing I wanna know is, when do you plan to pick them up?

26 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

You can't choose what Chrom passes down, his daughters get Aether and his sons get Rightful King, even if he lacks said skills or has a different skill in his last slot.

Either Ignis or Rally Spectrum for Robin. Tharja: If Sorcerer, then pass down Vengeance. If Dark Knight, either of that class's skills work. Note that Morgan becomes the base class of their non-Robin parent, so in this case, she'll be a Dark Mage.

Sully X Stahl... IDK, Pavise and Luna?

Assuming you don't want to reclass Owain, then Lissa could pass on Miracle or Renewal, of the 2, I'd say Renewal. Lon'qu is the same base class, so I guess promote him to the opposite class of Owain, or vice versa. Pass from Assassin, or Astra or Swordfaire from Swordmaster are recommended.

Without reclassing, the only skill Nowi can give to Nah is Wyrmsbane, which Nah would get in 5 levels anyways. Outside her base class, either of the Dark Knight, Wyvern Lord, or Griffon Rider's skills are decent.

Panne has the same problem as Nowi: without reclassing, she gives basically nothing. Oddly, Yarne losses access to Wyvern Rider, so I guess Lancebreaker from Griffon Rider is the best.

Maribelle should send down Renewal from War Cleric. Her base class lacks any other decent skills Brady would want.

Obviously Galeforce from Cordelia. And Kellam... Luna or Pavise. Or if you want Severa to be a rallybot, then Rallies Speed (Cordelia) and Defense (Kellam) work.

Miriel should pass down Tomefaire if you want Dark Knight Laurent, or if you want Sage Laurent, then either Slow Burn or Lifetaker. Vengeance works for Henry.

Outside of reclassing, the best Olivia can do is Luck +4... Gaius should pass either Pass or Acrobatics.

You know the drill with Cherche. Go the oposite class you want Gerome to be. Sword- or Lancebreakers or Fast Burn works.

Hope this helps.

The problem I have with this is that a lot of these are level 15 skills, which won't be relevant until a few chapters are left at most, and I get the impression that the OP wants to have the children for more than a few chapters at most.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Another thing I wanna know is, when do you plan to pick them up?

The problem I have with this is that a lot of these are level 15 skills, which won't be relevant until a few chapters are left at most, and I get the impression that the OP wants to have the children for more than a few chapters at most.

Aside from Armsthrift and Aptitude, there aren't any particularly good Tier 1 Class skills. Most Tier 2 Lv5 skills are iffy, and most Lv15 skills are decent. If you don't plan on getting those few good, high level skills, there isn't much discussion as to what to pass down. The fact that most children share their mother's class doesn't help much.

17 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Aside from Armsthrift and Aptitude, there aren't any particularly good Tier 1 Class skills. Most Tier 2 Lv5 skills are iffy, and most Lv15 skills are decent. If you don't plan on getting those few good, high level skills, there isn't much discussion as to what to pass down. The fact that most children share their mother's class doesn't help much.

True enough, but level 15 skills are likely not coming into play until rather late into the Grimleal arc, at which point you'd have to grind the kids up to have them battle ready (just to put things into perspective, the penultimate map has level 16 enemies. I'd assume you'd have most units start hitting level 15 right around there if you weren't grinding). As a result, I don't see it as practical.

Edited by Shadow Mir

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

Lon'qu x Olivia could work as he will have great SKL and SPD  plus passing down Astra and Galeforce

Olivia only gives Galeforce as a dark flier and requires her to reclass twice.  Also Inigo can get Astra himself if you reclass him, he wants Luna/Vengeance and a father that gives him more than just Sol/Astra.  Lon'qu is better off as Severa's father.