Special Heroes - New Year: ω Special Heroes

SockPuppet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They turned this into a Double Heroes Banner?! No!!

As for the new Heroes, they're the Book 4 OCs as expected. I hope we get some wholesome talk from Peony and Triandra, I was looking forward to getting them given how powerful Alfonse turned out, but...the double thing. I mean, NY!Lethe is great too, but still.

Also, Plumeria's living up to her reputation as "the fanservice one" with that open top and of course that's what IS chose to make the thumbnail...

So we just have this month's New Heroes' banner to clear out some of the 3H backlog before Year 5 kicks off, huh?

I am not 100% sure how this banner is supposed to work. Are there basically eight focus units on this banner, and the four new heroes don't have an extra rate-up compared to the ones from last year? And we still get pitybreaks? That, uh, feels like a questionable move. With last year's heroes on this banner, does that mean they're not rerunning their actual banner? I can't remember what it was called so I don't know if it's on the visible schedule or not.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I am not 100% sure how this banner is supposed to work. Are there basically eight focus units on this banner, and the four new heroes don't have an extra rate-up compared to the ones from last year. That, uh, feels like a questionable move. With last year's heroes on this banner, does that mean they're not rerunning their actual banner? I can't remember what it was called so I don't know if it's on the visible schedule or not.

It was called Renewed Spirit and it does not appear to be on the calendar... I thought it was just a mistake or it didn't fit, but, alas, it was right under our noses the whole time...

~

I fully expect Plumeria and Velouria to be our $75 orb package leaders. Any takers? Lol

Just now, SockPuppet said:

It was called Renewed Spirit and it does not appear to be on the calendar... I thought it was just a mistake or it didn't fit, but, alas, it was right under our noses the whole time...

Okay, so that one's definitely not on the schedule. Uh ... I find this to be a questionable move. If they made it so that this banner ONLY gave NY Heroes as 5-stars and last year's NY crew we're part of the 2% pull, that might be more understandable, I think?

Not sure what they're trying to do.

So the reason the rerun of last year's NY banner is missing from the calendar is that it was absorbed into this one. Very interesting.

No spark, but still, even with the non-focus rate reduced to 2%, that's a total 5* rate of 8%. Solid.

Velouria and Plumeria seem like pretty standard fare to me, some interesting support abilities but nothing I care about much. Kaden being the demote as a red beast cav is significant, there were only three previous red beasts and they were all 5* exclusive, with Lethe as the only cav among them. He also offers easier access to a Snag skill. Peony has the powerful dance skill from her original version, and her duo skill allows her to use it for free on an adjacent ally once per map, even on a dancer!

I'll definitely pick up Kaden, and on the way I might pick up any blue or green orbs to try for one of the duo heroes, since those are also the colors where I'm missing two units.

I couldn't find any scenes in the trailer showing Keaton - presumably he's beast infantry, if they don't want him to match either of the other beasts on the banner that'd put him in either green or colorless. We've now had kitsune in all four colors, and Keaton being green would give us wolfskin in all four colors, so maybe it's that. And presumably he's got a prf, so that'll be interesting to see. Plus  Gen 5 infantry stats, which could also be significant.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I am not 100% sure how this banner is supposed to work. Are there basically eight focus units on this banner, and the four new heroes don't have an extra rate-up compared to the ones from last year. That, uh, feels like a questionable move. With last year's heroes on this banner, does that mean they're not rerunning their actual banner? I can't remember what it was called so I don't know if it's on the visible schedule or not.

There's a 6% rate and eight heroes total, so it's basically two 3% banners stapled together. The only losses are pitybreaking and the off-focus 5* rate going down slightly.

If you really don't care about the old unit in a color you want to pull, it's a bit worse, but not by much, and if you do care about them at all it's a huge bonus. I like it, personally.

two dancing units, both are flying ranged,  and this is not even the dancing banner. also is new year reserved for heroes OC now or what? lastly ugh. kinda want that duo peony to carry me in tier 18.5 (if I decided to skip the banners to come) but this banner's basically is  kinda like legendary/mythic hero banner with total of 8% chance, but worse as you can still get nonfocus pitybreaker. Even worse if you consider last year unit as pitybreaker. Ugh.

I will shoot for one copy of Kaden. I would want more, but... I don't know. Hilda was tough to even get a few copies off, and I have decided to end that journey at +5. Thankfully I do not have Anna, but, still. Not sure how I feel about the banner sharing quite yet.

I would want the Peony duo, but I don't know about another Lethe. I have 1 copy and that's all I need, but I guess her fodder isn't the worse thing to have in my manual collection 😛 

I am SUPER interested in Keaton's art - I might have two projects lined up with both Felix and Keaton!

I'm glad I got my +10 NY!Anna back in January because it would have sucked to see her get thrown in the new New Year banner and not see Renewed Spirit get rerun. I think I will take the free Keaton and wait to see what is on the New Heroes banner next week. I'm curious to see if it is going to be Echoes or one the Jugdral games since those are the likely games to get a New Heroes banner. One thing I am kind of surprised of is that we didn't get a Male Byleth alt for Christmas or New Years. Maybe Valentines will have Three Houses characters with him and Jeralt appearing there?

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

There's a 6% rate and eight heroes total, so it's basically two 3% banners stapled together. The only losses are pitybreaking and the off-focus 5* rate going down slightly.

If you really don't care about the old unit in a color you want to pull, it's a bit worse, but not by much, and if you do care about them at all it's a huge bonus. I like it, personally.

I guess I'll have to see how this actually works out before I can give an informed opinion on it. Someone who didn't have any of these characters and just wanted a 5-star could benefit from this, but not too good for anyone who wanted a specific character (especially if they don't want whoever that character is sharing color with).

To be honest, I'm slightly torn because on the one hand, it seems like it might be a good idea to just run old outdated seasonal heroes (like the ones from Y1 and Y2) on a single revival banner with the weaker ones becoming 4-star foci. But I'm not sure how I feel about mixing new heroes into this.

Plum and Tria are on the banner, but they're 5 star exclusive.

Spoiler

47d.png

Sufficeded to say I'm not summoning on the banner at all. Even Peony being the 4 star or freebie would've been nice. There goes my hopes for a easy to obtain fairy girl.

At least Kaden/Keaton is there for the fans since they're pretty popular. Kind of a a 180 compared to the situation in 2019 when the Fates beast banner didn't have any demotes. Those 2 being sort of the highlights of that banner returning in a more easy to get variation is ironic.

6 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

two dancing units, both are flying ranged,  and this is not even the dancing banner. also is new year reserved for heroes OC now or what? lastly ugh. kinda want that duo peony to carry me in tier 18.5 (if I decided to skip the banners to come) but this banner's basically is  kinda like legendary/mythic hero banner with total of 8% chance, but worse as you can still get nonfocus pitybreaker. Even worse if you consider last year unit as pitybreaker. Ugh.

Heroes OCs and beasts, I guess?

It's better than a legendary/mythic banner. There's the same total 8% 5* rate, but more of it is on each focus unit (3% rather than about 2.67%), and the 2% off-focus rate doesn't necessarily reset your pity rate all the way.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I guess I'll have to see how this actually works out before I can give an informed opinion on it. Someone who didn't have any of these characters and just wanted a 5-star could benefit from this, but not too good for anyone who wanted a specific character (especially if they don't want whoever that character is sharing color with).

To be honest, I'm slightly torn because on the one hand, it seems like it might be a good idea to just run old outdated seasonal heroes (like the ones from Y1 and Y2) on a single revival banner with the weaker ones becoming 4-star foci. But I'm not sure how I feel about mixing new heroes into this.

Even if you only care about one character, your base rate is the same. It only affects pitybreaking, which I think people worry too much about.

And yeah, I'd expected something like this to condense older seasonal banners, not this way. But those are also more color imbalanced, which could make it weird. Like, if they reran the first two spring banners this way, four of the eight focus units would be green. Combine that with the 6% focus rate and them being in green and you get green's focus frequency being like 15% even at base rate. Which... isn't necessarily unreasonable considering how bad those units are, but it'd still be weird. (They're worse than current 4% focus units, who show up at about a 15% frequency.)

Oooo, 6% and a combination banner? Heck yeah! The actual units...eh, I guess? To me, anyway. I already have Alfonse and Sharena, I don't want any of the fairies here, and for some reason there are a lot of beasts. I guess I'll go for Kaden since he's the 4* unit...which means there's a risk of Anna. Oh well. If I get her, I get her, I guess... Wish I could snipe for Lethe without the fairies being a risk. Velouria has great fodder. Kaden looks like he's going to be speedy, and could really benefit from Phantom Spd.

I wonder what the implications would be for rerunning alongside previous color imbalanced banners. The previous spring banner had two blue units and no colorless - if we get a new banner paired with it like this, would it have two colorless and no blue, to keep it at two of each color?

17 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

One thing I am kind of surprised of is that we didn't get a Male Byleth alt for Christmas or New Years. Maybe Valentines will have Three Houses characters with him and Jeralt appearing there?

Byleth and Jeralt would certainly match previous Valentine's themes, and they'd make sense as a duo hero to parallel Byleth and Rhea in the summer.

Robin gets split between summer/winter, Corrin gets split between summer/NY, Byleth gets split between summer/Valentine's would be an interesting progression.

7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oooo, 6% and a combination banner? Heck yeah! The actual units...eh, I guess? To me, anyway. I already have Alfonse and Sharena, I don't want any of the fairies here, and for some reason there are a lot of beasts. I guess I'll go for Kaden since he's the 4* unit...which means there's a risk of Anna. Oh well. If I get her, I get her, I guess... Wish I could snipe for Lethe without the fairies being a risk. Velouria has great fodder. Kaden looks like he's going to be speedy, and could really benefit from Phantom Spd.

At least NY Alfonse has Close Counter + Special Spiral fodder, in case you get him trying for Velouria.

I am excited about the Dancers/Singers!

However, what I am not happy about is the inclusion of last year's Special Heroes, as you are more likely to get pity broken by something you do not want. Combining the two Foci feels like a dick move in my opinion. I really want to skip this Focus, but alas, there are two Dancers/Singers here.

NYSH!Plumeria may have a combat kit, but she is not going to see much combat in my hands. Her base kit is okay I guess. I think she would be great with a support kit, assuming her Res is good.

NYSH!Peony is cool. B slot Cantrips and Dances are kind of pointless though in my opinion when Wings of Mercy exist.

NYSH!Velouria and NYSH!Keaton are okay. They do not seem very exciting. As a support unit, NYSH!Velouria is basically a worse BH!Lucina; as a combat unit, I think she can be a decent Galeforcer when paired with Velouria. Keaton basically got Spd+10.

Edited by XRay

Plumeria seems to be the 'I hate dragons' dancer. Close Ward is built to counter their typical weapon condition, they're the only 1-ranged weapon affected by it, and she takes no damage from the dragon which implies she has great Res. Not much else to say there other than it's nice to have another bulky dancer. 

Kaden being the demote is really nice, he's one of my favorites from the Birthright characters and having a Red Beast that's easily obtainable is going to be great. My only thing is that I wish his weapon was more like his original version as this one is mostly just being selfish with his speed.  

I'm kind of surprised they put Keaton as the TT unit as IIRC, he did better on CYL4 then Kaden or Velouria despite all of the beasts falling off. Not complaining though, if he's anything like his regular version him in another color (hopefully Green or Colorless) should be an excellent addition. 

11 minutes ago, redlight said:

Plum and Tria are on the banner, but they're 5 star exclusive.

Reveal hidden contents

47d.png

Sufficeded to say I'm not summoning on the banner at all. Even Peony being the 4 star or freebie would've been nice. There goes my hopes for a easy to obtain fairy girl.

At least Kaden/Keaton is there for the fans since they're pretty popular. Kind of a a 180 compared to the situation in 2019 when the Fates beast banner didn't have any demotes. Those 2 being sort of the highlights of that banner returning in a more easy to get variation is ironic.

I'd say Selkie was more the highlight of their original banner as she had a full kit unlike either Kaden or Keaton, it's just that their weapons made them solid units as well so it wasn't as big a gap as usual.

24 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm glad I got my +10 NY!Anna back in January because it would have sucked to see her get thrown in the new New Year banner and not see Renewed Spirit get rerun. I think I will take the free Keaton and wait to see what is on the New Heroes banner next week. I'm curious to see if it is going to be Echoes or one the Jugdral games since those are the likely games to get a New Heroes banner. One thing I am kind of surprised of is that we didn't get a Male Byleth alt for Christmas or New Years. Maybe Valentines will have Three Houses characters with him and Jeralt appearing there?

They have that type of theme with the Valentine's banners. Maybe Sitri will be there as well.

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

Mirabilis got left out lol

It was either her or Keaton. She must have slept through the festivities.

Just now, LoneStar said:

They have that type of theme with the Valentine's banners. Maybe Sitri will be there as well.

It was either her or Keaton. She must have slept through the festivities.

which someone woke her up 😞
I would have loved to have Mira. but as Peony/Triandra have their prf dances. it's very obvious why she's not available.

48 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, Plumeria's living up to her reputation as "the fanservice one" with that open top and of course that's what IS chose to make the thumbnail...

having a little bit of décolletage being seen isn't fan service-y, I personally don't think. and to be quite honest - why not mention the fact that Kaden's well built chest is very exposed and that's fanservicey too? if it's good for goose. it's good for gander. (not to say that I think Kaden is fanservice either. it's just good art). 

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

NYSH!Velouria and NYSH!Keaton are okay. They do not seem very exciting. As a support unit, NYSH!Velouria is basically a worse BH!Lucina; as a combat unit, I think she can be a decent Galeforcer when paired with Velouria. Keaton basically got Spd+10.

Not sure if I would compare her to Lucina... I mean, Lucina is more supportive, for sure, but Velouria is for combat. She basically gets Spd/Def/Res+6 and Breath effect against foes when partner is within 2 spaces, and she also has Wo Dao effect. Place a Corrin within 2 spaces, and she will get more buffs than a Lucina would grant to her. 

Kaden basically got Spd+10 AND damage based on Spd difference.

10 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Plumeria seems to be the 'I hate dragons' dancer. Close Ward is built to counter their typical weapon condition, they're the only 1-ranged weapon affected by it, and she takes no damage from the dragon which implies she has great Res. Not much else to say there other than it's nice to have another bulky dancer. 

Kaden being the demote is really nice, he's one of my favorites from the Birthright characters and having a Red Beast that's easily obtainable is going to be great. My only thing is that I wish his weapon was more like his original version as this one is mostly just being selfish with his speed.  

I'm kind of surprised they put Keaton as the TT unit as IIRC, he did better on CYL4 then Kaden or Velouria despite all of the beasts falling off. Not complaining though, if he's anything like his regular version him in another color (hopefully Green or Colorless) should be an excellent addition. 

I'd say Selkie was more the highlight of their original banner as she had a full kit unlike either Kaden or Keaton, it's just that their weapons made them solid units as well so it wasn't as big a gap as usual.

He's a dude. That's why he's the 4* focus.

While Selkie was the focus of the banner, Kaden got pretty famous for his support utility and Keaton was obsessed over for his art like Seteth.