Special Heroes - New Year: ω Special Heroes

SockPuppet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Its technically Atk + 11 / Spd +13 / Def +4 / Res +4 + Study Impact effect. It seems like he'll do fine as a Galeforcer.

Yeah, but he is going to eat up Heavy Blade, and he is not the only unit that wants it for Galeforce. He is also red, which is a huge problem for team compositions because BH!Roy and Eliwood are already red Galeforcers.

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

What bothers me most is that we get another 180 BST infantry freebie, but it's also green. Ninja Hana, Caellach and now Kaden. 
I wanted a blue or red 180 BST unit 😔

Red would have been preferable. You know, seeing as how red is still lacking in f2p friendly red beasts.

12 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Red would have been preferable. You know, seeing as how red is still lacking in f2p friendly red beasts.

They probably didn't want to have two red Keatons, regular and New Year's, or give us a colorless beast.

Spoilers for Keaton

Spoiler

I understand that there are some significant stat and weapon differences, but it all feels so blurry considering a large number of units we received this year are of a similar archetype.

I am going after the Fates beasts and them color sharing with the units they are is a boon for me, though I know some people are unhappy.  I am happy about Keaton, though I agree he should have been something other then green.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

This banner is giving us NY!Kaden as a 4* focus, and as said before they probably didn't want him to overlap with OG Keaton when they have a very similar statline outside of a bit more bulk on the freebie. Colorless would've probably been the best option as that lacks any F2P friendly beasts. 

Edit: To be fair though, Green isn't the worst option either as that only had Reyson as a F2P option and a bulky beast in that color isn't common either (it's really just Ranulf, and he's built for an offensive support role). It's really just us getting Darros, G!Hinata, and Mustafa before him that makes him feel more redundant, though with Keaton he's more min-maxed in his role with a Prf weapon so he does have something to stand out from them. 

Edited by Medeus

Yeah, I don't see a problem with Keaton. The only other green infantry beast is a 5* exclusive seasonal and the only other non-5* green beast is a dancer. And this way, kitsune and wolfskin each have one unit in each color. 

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Any word on Keaton's fodder and the TT seals?

Sorry if I am late and you already know this. lol

Spoiler

Keaton: Resolved Wolfskin - Infantry Green Beast. - BST: 176

Stats:
Level 1:
20/11/7/10/5.
Level 40: 48/41/24/43/20.

Superboons: Atk. Superbanes: Def.

Skills: Resolved Fang (5★); Smite (3★); Sturdy Blow 2 (5★); Atk/Def Link 3 (4★).

Weapon: Resolved Fang: Grants Def+3. At start of combat, if foe's HP ≥ 75%, grants Def+5 to unit, inflicts Def-5 on foe during combat, and then, if unit's Def > foe's Def, deals damage = 70% of difference between stats. (Maximum bonus of +7 damage.) At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, grants Atk+2 and deals +10 damage when Special triggers.

New Sacred Seals: Steady Blow and Atk/Spd Solo.

TT Bonus Units: Duo Peony, New Year Plumeria, New Year Velouria, New Year Kaden, New Year Keaton, Velouria, Kaden and Selkie.

TT Banner: Velouria, Kaden and Selkie

The biggest problem I see with Keaton is that he wasn't drawn by Okuma Yugo and the lack of titty window will be sorely missed.

Oh, and the fact that he has no sort of guaranteed follow-up, follow-up denial, or some sort of damage shaving, like a defense based spurn, in his weapon is kinda crap. Makes his defense a lot less impressive.

On 12/28/2020 at 4:07 AM, daisy jane said:

having a little bit of décolletage being seen isn't fan service-y, I personally don't think. and to be quite honest - why not mention the fact that Kaden's well built chest is very exposed and that's fanservicey too? if it's good for goose. it's good for gander. (not to say that I think Kaden is fanservice either. it's just good art).

Fair, I forgot to mention that. In my defence though, it's pretty suspect that she's the poster child for the banner instead of the Duo Unit, given she's on the thumbnail - not to mention that she's always been "the fanservice one".

But overall, yeah: you're right about Kaden. I guess it just really bugged me having to look at that massive thumbnail while typing my comment xD

11 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh, and the fact that he has no sort of guaranteed follow-up, follow-up denial, or some sort of damage shaving, like a defense based spurn, in his weapon is kinda crap. Makes his defense a lot less impressive.

You need to remember that Keaton is a TT unit... not a banner unit. I don't think a Def based Spurn in a F2P unit would be something IS would do... especially since they only other unit that have it is Brave Dimitri.

His weapon is good enough. It's not amazing, but he can get 7 true damage without problems, plus 10 true damage from specials. Sturdy Blow is not the best skill for him... I would change it to Sturdy Stance, for sure.

His Def is actually pretty good, at 43 base (46 with weapon equipped). Not to mention he gets +5 and inflict -5. His chances of getting the max 7 true damage is very high.

A base kit would be Bonfire, Steady/Sturdy Stance, QR, Atk Smoke, and Sturdy Stance or Atk/Def Solo seal.

He can easily do his job right.

Looking at Kaden's stats...

Spoiler

Why is his spd not higher than that? Why does he not at least have a superboon there? It seems a bit confusing to me. A superboon in def is so random for him, especially since he seems kind of fragile. Guess I'll just hope for a +spd one and do what I can to get him to never be struck. Was hoping he'd outperform regnel astra and Freyja in terms of impressive uses of spd.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You need to remember that Keaton is a TT unit... not a banner unit.

So was Hana and she's an incredible versatile unit that excells at all her roles meanwhile Keaton's is stuck being a fancy anti-blue counter unit which an emerald axe Arthur could fulfill just as easily.

I'm not arguing that Keaton is unusable thrash or anything. Just saying that he could've afforded to been given some extra effect on his weapon to make him slightly better but not broken. And no, I don't believe a def based spurn by itself would have made him broken considering that you're thinking of Blue Lion Rule which also has an unconditional built in QR and it's attached to Dimitri who is already amazing to begin with.

Also, built in Wo Dao is nice but it's not like he was given a way to be reliably activating specials often.

41 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

So was Hana and she's an incredible versatile unit that excells at all her roles meanwhile Keaton's is stuck being a fancy anti-blue counter unit which an emerald axe Arthur could fulfill just as easily.

I'm not arguing that Keaton is unusable thrash or anything. Just saying that he could've afforded to been given some extra effect on his weapon to make him slightly better but not broken. And no, I don't believe a def based spurn by itself would have made him broken considering that you're thinking of Blue Lion Rule which also has an unconditional built in QR and it's attached to Dimitri who is already amazing to begin with.

Also, built in Wo Dao is nice but it's not like he was given a way to be reliably activating specials often.

Built in Wo Dao is something all infantry beasts have. 

Are we allowed to talk about the Paralogue here? Because wow was it so sweet and wholesome! The middle chapter having nothing to do with the main plot was incredibly jarring and I wish they'd at least hinted at the Peony/ Triandra thing there, but it came together in such a lovely way and they brought back two of Book 4's story tracks...I just adore it so much. Aww...

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Are we allowed to talk about the Paralogue here? Because wow was it so sweet and wholesome! The middle chapter having nothing to do with the main plot was incredibly jarring and I wish they'd at least hinted at the Peony/ Triandra thing there, but it came together in such a lovely way and they brought back two of Book 4's story tracks...I just adore it so much. Aww...

It was extremely sweet, though I feel like Triandra and Plumeria suddenly being buddies with everyone was rather jarring. Unlike in book 3, there wasn't anything to hint at those two having made any sort of peace with the order.

On 12/29/2020 at 6:45 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

Keaton probably had too many things working against him. He's a freebie in a gatcha game who's also a male unit. 

Hana might be a freebie but unlike Keaton she's a cute girl which comes with certain perks in gatcha games.  

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I feel like Triandra and Plumeria suddenly being buddies with everyone was rather jarring

Fair, but I felt they ended on neutral terms with the Order (they were only fighting on Freyja's behalf after all) so without any commands to the contrary I can see them reconciling with Peony, doubly so considering (Book 4 Spoiler in case anyone's still looking out for those)

Spoiler

Triandra and Peony are sisters. I can see Plumeria wanting to get along with her best friend's long lost sister too

. Besides, they're alts, so as far as we know they come from a timeline where Book 4 had a happier ending~

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Shit. The paralogue actually made my eyes moist. I love it! It makes me a bit sad that that their normal versions are always opposed to each other in Aether Raids. Glad their dream came true and now have a Duo version where they cannot be separated and give everyone else nightmares in PvP.