First BL Maddening Run (no NG+) questions

Aethelstan

For me what has distinguished him the most on my team and why I say he's one of my better units now is Deadeye. I think it's unique to him and Bernadetta.

It's not that useful right when you get it. But after Death Blow, Bowfaire, Hit+20, and an accuracy ring he regularly has about ~75 hit chance on the most distant units he can reach and it's strong enough to one shot many mages and archers, removing them before they ever have the chance to become annoying. That makes it much easier to advance with fliers and low res units. Also good for weakening some units that charge in from outside your reach like cavaliers making them easy to one round when they reach you.

That's something only he is capable of on my team. And I was able to build it all before the time skip.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Marienburg said:

I was happy with my Ashe in my run. He's imo one of your better units early on because of curved shot and he's good late because of hunter's volley. His weakest section is in the midgame in the period when your other units got their bows to curved shot but he hasn't gotten hunter's volley yet, but fortunately for him this is probably the easiest section of maddening AM. I was playing both Bernadetta and Ashe in my run and its obvious how Bernie's the better unit because of the options that vengeance and encloser provide her, but Ashe is perfectly serviceable.

For me what has distinguished him the most on my team and why I say he's one of my better units now is Deadeye. I think it's unique to him and Bernadetta.

It's not that useful right when you get it. But after Death Blow, Bowfaire, Hit+20, and an accuracy ring he regularly has about ~75 hit chance on the most distant units he can reach and it's strong enough to one shot many mages and archers, removing them before they ever have the chance to become annoying. That makes it much easier to advance with fliers and low res units. Also good for weakening some units that charge in from outside your reach like cavaliers making them easy to one round when they reach you.

That's something only he is capable of on my team. And it was easy to build it all before the time skip.