[FE13] Rebalanced Awakening v4.21

windypanda1

Yikes! It seems like the most recent patch was missing some files. I fixed it now. If you're having the same issue as ToastyEgg, please repatch the rom and start from a fresh save.

EDIT: That was not the problem. Awakening voice select hack overwrites data/person/static.bin.lz so it makes some changes like Robin Hit+10 and Ricken Grafcalibur not work. 

Edited by windypanda1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Just finished this on the v3.3 patch - Shadowgift was a pretty fun little addition to the game and certainly less overpowered than Galeforce was.

3 major suggestions from me when I played through everything:

1. The wind line of tomes (excluding Blizzard/the siege tome and the A-ranked tomes) felt pretty much pointless since they just did so much less damage than the thunder line up. Not sure how/if you'd want to fix something like this, but the easiest one may be to poach the crit bonus from the Thunder line and shift it to the Wind line instead. Or perhaps the wind line could do bonus damage but to mounted units (the horse symbol)/armored units? They could even take a further might nerf and retain their vanilla flier effectiveness but as they stand there's no reason to use them at all. 

2. There's still some ambush summons and one of those (specifically the ones in chapter 21 - Five Gemstones where you get caught in the Plegia castle) is really irritating - they were irritating in the main game too tbh but the combination of 2 x normal Sorcerer, Assassin + the Tomebreaker siege people make it so some units can just get deleted without warning with the lowered caps and higher bow strength. Honestly, not sure if it's possible to just have some sort of warning before they popped up, or if there could have been a physical/magical reinforcement split on alternate turns?

3. I think all of the reinforcements in Chapter 11 (Mad King Gangrel) got deleted? That chapter now somehow feels really, really empty which is sort of thematic and all, but really anticlimatic given this is the end of arc 1 in the game. Arcs 2 and 3 are both great, with Walhart and the Grimleal's chapter doing pretty well.

Couple of additional notes:

I'm aware this is probably asking for too much, but if we could have a couple more reinforcements popping up at the end of the enemy phase rather than at the beginning that'd be absolutely awesome.
I don't think I could have laughed any harder than when I realised that you replaced the Dread Fighter class with Olivia's Swordmaster class and so the Dread Scroll promotes people into it and the sprite work is great for units like Donnel with the classic female swordmaster + his little pot on the head.

1) Is there a way to swap out the terrible nerfed Ragnell with the variant that Priam uses when you beat his paralogue (the only difference is durability anyway), unless you already did, didn't feel like grinding through that nonsense more than once?

2) The most difficult chapter in the game for me was probably chapter 12: The Seacomers since you get literally 0 turns of downtime to heal up between the 3 + boss waves of paladins, cavaliers and knights rushing in, which means you just have to rely on the classic awakening strategy of juggernauts via Robin/Chrom/whatever else has enough defense to get hit by more than 4 units at a time. An additional beast killer or armorslayer would have been appreciated a ton I think

3) Overall, while the difficulty curve is significantly improved throughout the game, the endgame chapters still feel substantially easier than the earlier ones (with some exceptions - this is mostly on awakening map design & enemy designs though, also the fact that I recently finished all of Conquest and the back half of Path of Radiance just makes Awakening's maps seem much more lacking) but I have no clue how you can help this without turning the game into random delete-a-thon late game which the dark fliers certainly did to slower units anyway

Overall

Awakening's writing really fell off a cliff after the first act (with all it's internal consistency issues in supports - exactly why does Lucina seem to remember quite a bit of Chrom but people like Cynthia don't even know what he looks like, especially if he's both of their dads?) and the gameplay is strangely unbalanced overall. However, your changes helped a ton and the increased amount of options throughout (stronger bows + more accessible siege tomes + much less nonsensical stat inflation) do help alleviate some of the duller or more annoying parts of it.

Love the siege tome bosses (Excellus! Such a good fit) actually, and I had a bunch of fun going through all of it (certainly so much more fun than my vanilla hard or lunatic playthroughs) and thank you for making it and making Awakening much more playable overall.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:49 AM, Etlandis said:

Hey! Just finished this on the v3.3 patch - Shadowgift was a pretty fun little addition to the game and certainly less overpowered than Galeforce was.

3 major suggestions from me when I played through everything:

1. The wind line of tomes (excluding Blizzard/the siege tome and the A-ranked tomes) felt pretty much pointless since they just did so much less damage than the thunder line up. Not sure how/if you'd want to fix something like this, but the easiest one may be to poach the crit bonus from the Thunder line and shift it to the Wind line instead. Or perhaps the wind line could do bonus damage but to mounted units (the horse symbol)/armored units? They could even take a further might nerf and retain their vanilla flier effectiveness but as they stand there's no reason to use them at all. 

2. There's still some ambush summons and one of those (specifically the ones in chapter 21 - Five Gemstones where you get caught in the Plegia castle) is really irritating - they were irritating in the main game too tbh but the combination of 2 x normal Sorcerer, Assassin + the Tomebreaker siege people make it so some units can just get deleted without warning with the lowered caps and higher bow strength. Honestly, not sure if it's possible to just have some sort of warning before they popped up, or if there could have been a physical/magical reinforcement split on alternate turns?

3. I think all of the reinforcements in Chapter 11 (Mad King Gangrel) got deleted? That chapter now somehow feels really, really empty which is sort of thematic and all, but really anticlimatic given this is the end of arc 1 in the game. Arcs 2 and 3 are both great, with Walhart and the Grimleal's chapter doing pretty well.

Couple of additional notes:

I'm aware this is probably asking for too much, but if we could have a couple more reinforcements popping up at the end of the enemy phase rather than at the beginning that'd be absolutely awesome.
I don't think I could have laughed any harder than when I realised that you replaced the Dread Fighter class with Olivia's Swordmaster class and so the Dread Scroll promotes people into it and the sprite work is great for units like Donnel with the classic female swordmaster + his little pot on the head.

1) Is there a way to swap out the terrible nerfed Ragnell with the variant that Priam uses when you beat his paralogue (the only difference is durability anyway), unless you already did, didn't feel like grinding through that nonsense more than once?

2) The most difficult chapter in the game for me was probably chapter 12: The Seacomers since you get literally 0 turns of downtime to heal up between the 3 + boss waves of paladins, cavaliers and knights rushing in, which means you just have to rely on the classic awakening strategy of juggernauts via Robin/Chrom/whatever else has enough defense to get hit by more than 4 units at a time. An additional beast killer or armorslayer would have been appreciated a ton I think

3) Overall, while the difficulty curve is significantly improved throughout the game, the endgame chapters still feel substantially easier than the earlier ones (with some exceptions - this is mostly on awakening map design & enemy designs though, also the fact that I recently finished all of Conquest and the back half of Path of Radiance just makes Awakening's maps seem much more lacking) but I have no clue how you can help this without turning the game into random delete-a-thon late game which the dark fliers certainly did to slower units anyway

Overall

Awakening's writing really fell off a cliff after the first act (with all it's internal consistency issues in supports - exactly why does Lucina seem to remember quite a bit of Chrom but people like Cynthia don't even know what he looks like, especially if he's both of their dads?) and the gameplay is strangely unbalanced overall. However, your changes helped a ton and the increased amount of options throughout (stronger bows + more accessible siege tomes + much less nonsensical stat inflation) do help alleviate some of the duller or more annoying parts of it.

Love the siege tome bosses (Excellus! Such a good fit) actually, and I had a bunch of fun going through all of it (certainly so much more fun than my vanilla hard or lunatic playthroughs) and thank you for making it and making Awakening much more playable overall.

Hey thanks for the extensive feedback, I am collecting feedback as of now and I will definitely look carefully through everything you said. Hopefully I can begin work on this hack again after some things clear up in life.

1. I will reexamine Ambush spawns as a whole to determine what is fair for the player and what is not. They cannot be spawned in enemy phase to my knowledge.

2. It is very true that wind tomes have lost their niche, and I hope I can make more pronounced differences between the 3 magic types so they all have a reason to be used.

3. Would you believe it if I said that the cavaliers are already nerfed by Str-2/Def-2/Spd-2? The map design of Awakening as a whole incentivizes you to build tanky frontline units, and that chapter reaally punishes you if you don’t have a solid frontline going. Frankly I don’t think the chapter needs more fixing.

4. To be honest, I haven’t considered DLC at all while developing this hack. I never even realized that I replaced dread fighter with Olivia’s class ahaha. I can buff up Ragnell, it should be no big deal.

Edited by windypanda1

On 5/27/2021 at 1:28 AM, windypanda1 said:

Hey thanks for the extensive feedback, I am collecting feedback as of now and I will definitely look carefully through everything you said. Hopefully I can begin work on this hack again after some things clear up in life.

1. I will reexamine Ambush spawns as a whole to determine what is fair for the player and what is not. They cannot be spawned in enemy phase to my knowledge.

2. It is very true that wind tomes have lost their niche, and I hope I can make more pronounced differences between the 3 magic types so they all have a reason to be used.

3. Would you believe it if I said that the cavaliers are already nerfed by Str-2/Def-2/Spd-2? The map design of Awakening as a whole incentivizes you to build tanky frontline units, and that chapter reaally punishes you if you don’t have a solid frontline going. Frankly I don’t think the chapter needs more fixing.

4. To be honest, I haven’t considered DLC at all while developing this hack. I never even realized that I replaced dread fighter with Olivia’s class ahaha. I can buff up Ragnell, it should be no big deal.

So, I back after, how long was it? 4-5 months? Sry for being gone so long. I had computer issues and was mainly focused on school work and stuff. 

Yeah, the cavs were nerfed a few months ago, oh boy that chapter was tough before. The main issue with the cavs originally imo was that they were too hard to kill on player phase because they were tanky and fast enough to survive what most units throw at them, so you would get surrounded and crushed in the first turn sine there were too many enemies hanging around the spawn area. 

With the tomes, you could possibly just give tomes the ability to buff/nerf unit stats (ex. wind tomes give speed and thunder tomes take away speed). That would give some diversity to the tomes.

Speaking of ambush spawns, the ambush spawns from the paralogues have not been removed yet according to the changelog. The one paralogue that gave me the most trouble was Kjelle's because for some reason Intelligent Systems thought it was a good idea to have 4 or 5 ambush spawns in a row; I do not even know why they made ambush spawns in the first place because it seemed really unnecessary to me.

Soon I will be able to play this hack again Pog. I am pretty excited to see all of the big changes in the last few months.

Sry for double post, but has anyone actually ever used Robin for his sword capabilities? 

I do not see much merit in using it honestly because magic does more damage and has 1-2 range. Perhaps giving him/her a personal sword would be a nice addition since it would encourage players to use Robin for melee purposes. Perhaps you can just give him a modified iron sword that boosts spd and skill, but it only has 25 uses. 

Also I seem to think that swords are the worst of the three main weapon types because of its lack of 1-2 range and cannot be used on fliers. Maybe a universal buff of 1 spd would help to diversify it a little but. Or we could do it like they did in fates where katanas would buff spd and nerf def, though it would probably have to be a 2 spd buff and a 1 def penalty. 

We could give a similar treatment to Robin's tome as well to make them a stronger unit in the early game and separate him from mages like ricken and miriel, but I am not nearly as sure if this is as needed as a personal sword. 

On 5/29/2021 at 1:47 PM, Kamehamehayes said:

Sry for double post, but has anyone actually ever used Robin for his sword capabilities? 

I do not see much merit in using it honestly because magic does more damage and has 1-2 range. Perhaps giving him/her a personal sword would be a nice addition since it would encourage players to use Robin for melee purposes. Perhaps you can just give him a modified iron sword that boosts spd and skill, but it only has 25 uses. 

Also I seem to think that swords are the worst of the three main weapon types because of its lack of 1-2 range and cannot be used on fliers. Maybe a universal buff of 1 spd would help to diversify it a little but. Or we could do it like they did in fates where katanas would buff spd and nerf def, though it would probably have to be a 2 spd buff and a 1 def penalty. 

We could give a similar treatment to Robin's tome as well to make them a stronger unit in the early game and separate him from mages like ricken and miriel, but I am not nearly as sure if this is as needed as a personal sword. 

I’ve used swordmaster Robin to pretty good success, but I guess I could have achieved similar success with any physical class. With a +str boon, Robin’s strength grows incredibly fast, so he/she can definitely run a physical build. Yeah magic robin is probably better, but sword works perfectly fine. That being said, I do plan to buff up swordmaster/berserker’s crit a little bit.

I've returned to work on the romhack. Here are the changes for v3.4!

1. Sages Mag+2 Spd+2, Physic moved to D rank

I noticed that Sages are fairly underpowered due to their low stats and staff rank which is not too relevant. I buffed their offensive potential by a good bit, and moved Physic to D so they can make better use of their staff rank.

2. Valkyrie Mag+2

Similar reasoning to Sages. 

2. Stahl Str+1 Def+1, Lv2 -> Lv3

This is a slight buff so Stahl isn't outclassed by Sully. 

3. Swordmasters Skl+5

I tried to give Swordmasters innate crit due to being outclassed by Assassins (especially since Assassins can use the buffed bows), but I realized Awakening didn't have a class bonus system, so I settled for giving them very high Skill. 

4. Vaike HP+3 Def+1

Many playtesters have agreed that Vaike is a little underpowered. This is a buff to give him more survivability in the front lines.

5. Armor Knight Spd+1, General Spd+2

Armor knights have crippling weaknesses that make them unappealing to use as player units. I thought the low movement was a good enough handicap, so I opted to give them a little more speed. 

6. Paladin, Great Knight Str-1,Spd-1

Paladins and Great Knights have no meaningful weaknesses, especially Paladins. They often turn out to be amazing at both offense and defense. This nerf was made to hamper their offense a little bit. A tanky frontline niche is what I'm looking for in these classes. 

7. All wind tomes now grant Spd+2

Wind tomes lost their niche after I removed their flier effectiveness. This buff will hopefully let wind tomes have an actual niche. 

8. Ricken Mag growths +5% 

Ricken has a depressing magic growths for a mage. This is just a slight buff to his damage potential. 

9. Bolting & Meteor Hit Rate +5%, Mt +2. Blizzard Hit Rate +5%

The siege tomes were a little weaker than what I was hoping for.

10. Flavia & Basilio have A axes and A Bows, respectively

These are buffs so that Basilio can use Yewfelle at base. I thought I should give Flavia A axes just to be fair. 

11. Chapter 11 Reinforcements now spawn from left forts, Chapter 23 Reinforcements only spawn from right stairs

Chapter 11 was fairly underwhelming due to a lack of reinforcements. Chapter 23 had some unfair reinforcements so I removed the ones that spawn at the left side, which is where your party is at. 

The next thing I will work on is implementing Lunatic mode. Hope you guys like this new patch.

Edited by windypanda1

5% buff to Ricken's magic growth is an average +1 additional magic every 20 levels.  I'm not sure if this will help in any sort of meaningful way, but I'd have to examine how everything else works (as in, what niche he fills, how he compares to the enemies, etc.), and I'm a little short on time.  The wind tome buff should help him be speedy, at least!

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

5% buff to Ricken's magic growth is an average +1 additional magic every 20 levels.  I'm not sure if this will help in any sort of meaningful way, but I'd have to examine how everything else works (as in, what niche he fills, how he compares to the enemies, etc.), and I'm a little short on time.  The wind tome buff should help him be speedy, at least!

It's certainly not a meaningful buff, just something so that his growth rates don't look absolutely garbage. I am wary of buffing him further since I need to test the new changes. I might end up bumping his growth rates up more. 

• 3 weeks later...

This hack looks really interesting so far! I think this has a lot of potential, I'm going to try to do a run of it myself and give more detailed feedback!

One quick thing I'm interested in being changed which I feel could improve one particular story contrivance is that I would like to see if you can make Olivia join your army at the end of Chapter 10, rather than at the start of Chapter 11. I mainly say this because it means Chrom and Olivia would be able to build an actual support and reach an S Support together naturally through the game if you played some paralogues or grinded before the start of Chapter 11. From what I remember, Chrom and Olivia both already have their supports fully scripted and programmed into the game. (As seen in vanilla FE13 if you marry them in Chapter 11 and then use the Support Library after beating the game.)

Chrom x Olivia is a giant meme at this point but making it more feasible to ship them without players being forced to gimp Chrom's other supports or marrying off all his other candidates would be a godsend to anyone going for that pairing. Plus it'd allow their relationship to naturally develop given proper attention.

On a somewhat related note, I'm not sure about the Dance Fighter class, especially if it messes with Dread Fighter. I think Dancer is fine as-is in vanilla, though if you wanted to insert Galeforce into Olivia's skillset you could make Dancer's Special Dance its level 1 skill, and make Galeforce the level 15 skill.

Looking forward to more updates!

On 6/25/2021 at 2:30 PM, StairFacts said:

This hack looks really interesting so far! I think this has a lot of potential, I'm going to try to do a run of it myself and give more detailed feedback!

One quick thing I'm interested in being changed which I feel could improve one particular story contrivance is that I would like to see if you can make Olivia join your army at the end of Chapter 10, rather than at the start of Chapter 11. I mainly say this because it means Chrom and Olivia would be able to build an actual support and reach an S Support together naturally through the game if you played some paralogues or grinded before the start of Chapter 11. From what I remember, Chrom and Olivia both already have their supports fully scripted and programmed into the game. (As seen in vanilla FE13 if you marry them in Chapter 11 and then use the Support Library after beating the game.)

Chrom x Olivia is a giant meme at this point but making it more feasible to ship them without players being forced to gimp Chrom's other supports or marrying off all his other candidates would be a godsend to anyone going for that pairing. Plus it'd allow their relationship to naturally develop given proper attention.

On a somewhat related note, I'm not sure about the Dance Fighter class, especially if it messes with Dread Fighter. I think Dancer is fine as-is in vanilla, though if you wanted to insert Galeforce into Olivia's skillset you could make Dancer's Special Dance its level 1 skill, and make Galeforce the level 15 skill.

Looking forward to more updates!

Yes, I actually had no idea that it messed with the dread fighter class, so that is on me.

I noticed that wind tome enemies were very tough to deal with after the new wind tome buffs which give them extra speed, so I made a hotfix that scraps this feature. 

Lunatic Mode is in active development and I'll keep y'all updated. 

6 hours ago, windypanda1 said:

I noticed that wind tome enemies were very tough to deal with after the new wind tome buffs which give them extra speed, so I made a hotfix that scraps this feature. 

I've been playing a little ways into the game (Chapter 9 atm) and have noticed wind tomes being really strong on enemies, yeah. One wind mage in the very first chapter actually doubles everyone thanks to the speed boost. (Unless you pick a Speed boon Robin I assume) Weirdly enough though, they seem really underwhelming when used by the player for the most part. Maybe you can just lower the Speed stat of those enemies so they don't cause problems? I feel like it also might be worth looking at rebalancing the types of magic to make them more distinct, cuz I don't really see a reason not to use Thunder magic for everything given it has crit and high might. Giving Wind and Fire magic an extra point in might could help to make them more useful as well and fill specific niches. (Wind has accuracy and speed, Fire has damage, and Thunder has crit) I've also tried dipping my toes into the early low level DLC chapters and have noticed that the enemies are really stat inflated, so idk for sure if they've been balanced to adjust for the reduced stat bloat overall. Another thing I noticed is one of the Renown rewards displaying as (Unarmed), so that might need to be fixed as well.

One other thing I'd really love to see if you have the time is some kind of change log or spreadsheet showing the changes to characters growths, class sets, cap modifiers, and bases just so it's easier to know exactly how they've been changed.

Looking forward to future updates!

On 6/27/2021 at 3:28 AM, StairFacts said:

I've been playing a little ways into the game (Chapter 9 atm) and have noticed wind tomes being really strong on enemies, yeah. One wind mage in the very first chapter actually doubles everyone thanks to the speed boost. (Unless you pick a Speed boon Robin I assume) Weirdly enough though, they seem really underwhelming when used by the player for the most part. Maybe you can just lower the Speed stat of those enemies so they don't cause problems? I feel like it also might be worth looking at rebalancing the types of magic to make them more distinct, cuz I don't really see a reason not to use Thunder magic for everything given it has crit and high might. Giving Wind and Fire magic an extra point in might could help to make them more useful as well and fill specific niches. (Wind has accuracy and speed, Fire has damage, and Thunder has crit) I've also tried dipping my toes into the early low level DLC chapters and have noticed that the enemies are really stat inflated, so idk for sure if they've been balanced to adjust for the reduced stat bloat overall. Another thing I noticed is one of the Renown rewards displaying as (Unarmed), so that might need to be fixed as well.

One other thing I'd really love to see if you have the time is some kind of change log or spreadsheet showing the changes to characters growths, class sets, cap modifiers, and bases just so it's easier to know exactly how they've been changed.

Looking forward to future updates!

Hey thanks for the feedback. 

1. Giving fire and wind tomes 1 extra might is actually a pretty good idea. I’ll definitely try this out.

2. I haven’t touched any of the DLC content. The renown bug is also something I am aware of but unfortunately I don’t know how to fix it. Anything outside of the main storyline is kind of on low priority for me. I’ll look into the renown bug more today.

3. I do have a very very long list of minor changes that I made but I removed it from the original post because I didn’t really think it was useful information. Making a spreadsheet is a good idea and I have no other excuses besides that I am lazy 😛

I've been using Donnel a lot and I have to say, while it is nice that he has options as far as lance-wielding classes go, I REALLY miss having Mercenary on him, if only for the Armsthrift skill. Donnel's Luck stat made that skill a must-have for Donnel and any of his kids so they can take advantage of Donnel's high Luck cap, which is his most defining feature. Seeing as you've experimented with adding classes before, perhaps it could be possible for Donnel's Villager class to promote into Soldier as an alternate lance class option? (or a custom Halberdier class, if that messes with the enemy Soldier class) You could even tie in some further growth-related skills here, such as Veteran for the level 5 skill and Limit Breaker for level 15.

If you do go such a route, I'd like Donnel's class tree to be something like this:

Villager         > Soldier (Halberdier)

> Hero

Mercenary

> Bow Knight

> Paladin

Cavalier

> Great Knight

Hello, v4.0 is out! There are some balance changes along with the new Lunatic Mode.

First, we'll start with the Lunatic Mode news. I finished developing it until chapter 11 (paralogue 1-4 included). The new Lunatic Mode is very different from vanilla Awakening. Enemy stats are mostly the same from Hard, but there are changes to enemy placement, enemy AI, and new enemy skills/weapons that will make the game more challenging. I hope you guys find it to be difficult in a fun sort of way. 

New Balance Changes: 

1. Wind and Fire tomes Mt+1 (including Grafcalibur)

On 6/27/2021 at 3:28 AM, StairFacts said:

Giving Wind and Fire magic an extra point in might could help to make them more useful as well and fill specific niches. (Wind has accuracy and speed, Fire has damage, and Thunder has crit)

This is a change suggested by StairFacts. Balancing the magic tomes have been on my mind for a long while. I can't believe the solution was so simple. I am pretty satisfied with this change and hopefully you guys are too. 

2. Maribelle Mag+2 Res+2

Maribelle still has trouble distinguishing herself from the early game healer Lissa and the amazing pre-promotes Libra and Anna. Her base magic stat of 5 doesn't do her any favors either. I gave her a slight bump to her magic so her magic isn't far behind Lissa, and her resistance stat so she can tank magic hits better. 

3. Gregor Mag+3 Res+3

I noticed that his 0 Res stat hinders him a little too much for him to be a viable unit. He is now 12/3/12/12/12/3 instead of 12/0/12/12/12/0. 

4. War Monk/Cleric Str+2 Def+2

The previous patch's Sage buffs has made Sage into a much better choice than War Cleric. With these buffs, War Cleric now has 5 more defense than Sage, and gains a +10 attack bonus upon promotion which lets Lissa surpass even Chrom in strength. I'd look forward to using War Cleric in the new patch. 

5. Libra Str-2 Def-2 

Libra certainly doesn't need a buff considering how amazing of a unit she he is. This change was made to counteract the War Monk/Cleric buff. 

6. Lissa and Maribelle Str+10% growths

I hope these buffs in strength growths may allow Lissa and Maribelle to actually do relevant physical damage. I really want to see a War Cleric Lissa pop off, dammit. I'm counting on you ilavain!

7. Ricken +5% Mag growths (+10% including previous patch)

I buffed Ricken's magic growths by +5% in the previous patch. I judged it obviously wasn't enough, so I gave him +5% more growths, which makes it a +10% in total. 

8. Valkyrie staff durability increased from 1->3

Valkyrie staff is the renamed goddess staff which will heal all your units to full HP across the entire map. The War Cleric's AI in chapter 22 has been changed to actually heal enemy units, so I decided to buff its durability. You might not even get the staff before she uses it all up!

9. Expiration hit 125- > 115

Not a whole lot of reason for this change. I judged that Expiration was a little too accurate because it was getting 100% accuracy on nearly everyone. 

10. Renown Unarmed bug fixed

Apparently the Renown editor is not in the recent Paragon Editor, and I was able to find it in a previous version of the editor. The missing Celica's Gale was replaced with Ephraim's Lance. I renamed it to Reginleif and changed its stats to be the exact same as Sacred Stones. 

11. Chapter 7 Hierarch now holds a tree branch to attack the enemy with

This is hilarious, go check it out. 

12. Most paralogues enemy levels decreased by 2 (Paralogue 1~4 unchanged)

I noticed that most of the children recruitment paralogues were disproportionately difficult compared to the main story line, so I just opted for slightly decreasing the enemy levels. This should hopefully make Tiki's paralogue more bearable to play as well. 

What I am going to do next:

For the next week or so, I will continue to work on the Lunatic Mode until I finish the main storyline. After that, I will remove all same turn reinforcements from all paralogues. This is not a difficult task, it's just horribly tedious. I am hoping that you guys will play the new Lunatic Mode and potentially leave some feedback so I can improve it. That's all I have for now.  See you guys soon. See you guys soon. 

Edited by windypanda1

Hi, I made a quick hotfix.

The Chapter 7 AI was bugged so every enemy was charging towards you in Hard difficulty. I put up the v4.0.1 hotfix on gdrive, so check it out if you are playing on Hard. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Edit: The AI was still acting weird, so I just made a slight adjustment to the hard difficulty map design. Everything works as intended now. 

Edited by windypanda1

Over the last couple of days I've been learning how to romhack in Awakening in order to contribute some edits of my own to this rebalance, including the custom Villager promotion I suggested previously. After much trial and error, I managed to make it happen! https://imgur.com/a/SI5pyl2 

The Halberdier class is roughly similar to the Hero class in terms of growths and max stats, and it learns the skills Veteran and Limit Break. It doesn't overwrite any DLC classes, though the separate enemy-only Soldier class ended up changing its name and class description to match the Halberdier's. This is strictly cosmetic, however, and doesn't affect the strength of enemy Soldiers, nor the EXP you gain from defeating them.

One thing which I had attempted to change but couldn't succeed in doing so was changing Olivia's recruitment so she joins at the end of Chapter 10 rather than the start of Chapter 11. Attempting the same techniques with Olivia that work for other end-of-chapter joining characters didn't quite pan out, so I shelved that idea for now.

I've also made a number of other edits to class skills, legendary/eponymous weapons, bugfixes on a handful of weapons, as well as further balancing out the different tome categories.

Here's a full changelog going into detail on all the things that have been changed:

Spoiler

Villager now promotes into the Halberdier class, which has the skills Veteran and Limit Breaker. Its stat caps and growths are roughly similar to the Hero class.

Tactician: Hit +10 replaced with Solidarity, and Ignis is now the level 10 skill.
[Hit +10, while somewhat reminiscent of Tactical Advice from the Fates version of the Grandmaster class, doesn't really offer a whole lot for Robin. Solidarity is a little more helpful as a starting skill than the meager amount of accuracy Hit +10 offers, which Robin doesn't really even need at the start of the game, even with a Skill/Spd/Luck bane. Taking inspiration from Corrin's base class in Fates gaining Dragon Fang at level 10, I put Ignis as Robin's level 10 skill as well.]

Grandmaster: Ignis replaced with Dual Guard+.
[I gave Grandmaster Dual Guard+ here to emphasize the supportive role of Grandmaster, as well as to form a parallel with Chrom/Lucina's Dual Strike+ skill.]

Great Knight: Dual Guard+ replaced with Conquest.
[In light of setting Dual Guard+ as Robin's Grandmaster level 5 skill, I gave Great Knight the Conquest skill.]

Dark Flier: Shadowgift reverted to Galeforce.
[Quite frankly, I missed having Galeforce, and Shadowgift isn't really worth it on characters whose only mage class is Dark Flier itself.]

Dark Knight: Slow Burn replaced with Shadowgift.
[Slow Burn is a nigh-useless skill in normal gameplay and only gives you the same amount of Hit/Avoid as Patience or Presience. Maps rarely go long enough for Slow Burn to ramp up to its full potential to begin with, so I replaced it with Shadowgift, seeing as Dark Knight is a potential Dark Mage promotion and somehow doesn't have access to dark tomes. This also enables male characters to get Shadowgift, such as male Robin, Ricken, or Libra for instance]

Dancer: No longer promotes into Dance Fighter.

Dance Fighter: Reverted to Dread Fighter.
[While it's a cool concept, this class messes with Dread Fighter, plus turning anyone into a Dance Fighter via the Dread Scroll item is a little silly.]

Bride: Stats and growths adjusted to be more in line with the other classes in this rebalance.

Made further balance adjustments to tomes to make them consistent in their stat differences.
My tome-balancing philosophy is as follows:
[Might] Dark > Fire > Thunder > Wind
[Accuracy] Wind > Fire > Thunder > Dark
[Crit] Thunder > Dark ≥ Fire = Wind

Updated the siege bow/tomes' descriptions and stats to be more consistent. 

Gave Roy's Blade the Underdog effect.

Renamed Alm's Blade to Royal Sword, increased durability, and gave it the same HP regen effect it has in Gaiden. (5 HP per turn)

Renamed Leif's Blade to Light Brand, adjusted its stats, and made it a 1-2 range magic weapon. Removed Despoil effect.
[The attack effect defaults to the Fire spell. So far, I haven't figured out how to set it to either the Elthunder effect which the Levin Sword uses or other spell effects.]

Gave Seliph's Blade the Despoil effect and removed bonus stats.

Fixed Mystletainn not using the correct model.

Fixed Tyrfing not using the correct model.

Adjusted the stats of Finn's Lance to accomodate for the Brave Weapon effect and changed the bonus stats.

Renamed Ephraim's Lance to Reginleif.

Fixed Gae Bolg not using the correct model.

Renamed Hector's Axe to Wolf Beil and gave it effectiveness against armoured units and horseback units, as well adjusting stats.

Renamed Orsin's Hatchet to Vouge.

Renamed the Underdog Bow to Skadi and changed the description.

Made minor adjustments to the descriptions, stats, and/or bonus stats of Mystletainn, Balmung, Sol Katti, Gradivus, Gungnir, Gae Bolg, Hauteclere, Helswath, Armads, Parthia, Yewfelle, and Double Bow.

Feel free to incorporate my edits into this project if you'd like! If there's anything else you want me to contribute, let me know and I'd be glad to help to the best of my ability.

Rebalanced FE13 v4.0.1 (StairFacts Edit).zip

3 hours ago, StairFacts said:

Over the last couple of days I've been learning how to romhack in Awakening in order to contribute some edits of my own to this rebalance, including the custom Villager promotion I suggested previously. After much trial and error, I managed to make it happen! https://imgur.com/a/SI5pyl2 

The Halberdier class is roughly similar to the Hero class in terms of growths and max stats, and it learns the skills Veteran and Limit Break. It doesn't overwrite any DLC classes, though the separate enemy-only Soldier class ended up changing its name and class description to match the Halberdier's. This is strictly cosmetic, however, and doesn't affect the strength of enemy Soldiers, nor the EXP you gain from defeating them.

One thing which I had attempted to change but couldn't succeed in doing so was changing Olivia's recruitment so she joins at the end of Chapter 10 rather than the start of Chapter 11. Attempting the same techniques with Olivia that work for other end-of-chapter joining characters didn't quite pan out, so I shelved that idea for now.

I've also made a number of other edits to class skills, legendary/eponymous weapons, bugfixes on a handful of weapons, as well as further balancing out the different tome categories.

Here's a full changelog going into detail on all the things that have been changed:

Hide contents

Villager now promotes into the Halberdier class, which has the skills Veteran and Limit Breaker. Its stat caps and growths are roughly similar to the Hero class.

Tactician: Hit +10 replaced with Solidarity, and Ignis is now the level 10 skill.
[Hit +10, while somewhat reminiscent of Tactical Advice from the Fates version of the Grandmaster class, doesn't really offer a whole lot for Robin. Solidarity is a little more helpful as a starting skill than the meager amount of accuracy Hit +10 offers, which Robin doesn't really even need at the start of the game, even with a Skill/Spd/Luck bane. Taking inspiration from Corrin's base class in Fates gaining Dragon Fang at level 10, I put Ignis as Robin's level 10 skill as well.]

Grandmaster: Ignis replaced with Dual Guard+.
[I gave Grandmaster Dual Guard+ here to emphasize the supportive role of Grandmaster, as well as to form a parallel with Chrom/Lucina's Dual Strike+ skill.]

Great Knight: Dual Guard+ replaced with Conquest.
[In light of setting Dual Guard+ as Robin's Grandmaster level 5 skill, I gave Great Knight the Conquest skill.]

Dark Flier: Shadowgift reverted to Galeforce.
[Quite frankly, I missed having Galeforce, and Shadowgift isn't really worth it on characters whose only mage class is Dark Flier itself.]

Dark Knight: Slow Burn replaced with Shadowgift.
[Slow Burn is a nigh-useless skill in normal gameplay and only gives you the same amount of Hit/Avoid as Patience or Presience. Maps rarely go long enough for Slow Burn to ramp up to its full potential to begin with, so I replaced it with Shadowgift, seeing as Dark Knight is a potential Dark Mage promotion and somehow doesn't have access to dark tomes. This also enables male characters to get Shadowgift, such as male Robin, Ricken, or Libra for instance]

Dancer: No longer promotes into Dance Fighter.

Dance Fighter: Reverted to Dread Fighter.
[While it's a cool concept, this class messes with Dread Fighter, plus turning anyone into a Dance Fighter via the Dread Scroll item is a little silly.]

Bride: Stats and growths adjusted to be more in line with the other classes in this rebalance.

Made further balance adjustments to tomes to make them consistent in their stat differences.
My tome-balancing philosophy is as follows:
[Might] Dark > Fire > Thunder > Wind
[Accuracy] Wind > Fire > Thunder > Dark
[Crit] Thunder > Dark ≥ Fire = Wind

Updated the siege bow/tomes' descriptions and stats to be more consistent. 

Gave Roy's Blade the Underdog effect.

Renamed Alm's Blade to Royal Sword, increased durability, and gave it the same HP regen effect it has in Gaiden. (5 HP per turn)

Renamed Leif's Blade to Light Brand, adjusted its stats, and made it a 1-2 range magic weapon. Removed Despoil effect.
[The attack effect defaults to the Fire spell. So far, I haven't figured out how to set it to either the Elthunder effect which the Levin Sword uses or other spell effects.]

Gave Seliph's Blade the Despoil effect and removed bonus stats.

Fixed Mystletainn not using the correct model.

Fixed Tyrfing not using the correct model.

Adjusted the stats of Finn's Lance to accomodate for the Brave Weapon effect and changed the bonus stats.

Renamed Ephraim's Lance to Reginleif.

Fixed Gae Bolg not using the correct model.

Renamed Hector's Axe to Wolf Beil and gave it effectiveness against armoured units and horseback units, as well adjusting stats.

Renamed Orsin's Hatchet to Vouge.

Renamed the Underdog Bow to Skadi and changed the description.

Made minor adjustments to the descriptions, stats, and/or bonus stats of Mystletainn, Balmung, Sol Katti, Gradivus, Gungnir, Gae Bolg, Hauteclere, Helswath, Armads, Parthia, Yewfelle, and Double Bow.

Feel free to incorporate my edits into this project if you'd like! If there's anything else you want me to contribute, let me know and I'd be glad to help to the best of my ability.

Rebalanced FE13 v4.0.1 (StairFacts Edit).zip 493.23 kB · 1 download

Yoo, this looks interesting. I am definitely a fan of rebranding the classic game weapons and trying to incorporate them into the hack. You'll see that for some weapons, I messed around with some of the stats, but never really got around to putting them into the main campaign. It is a lot of changes to swallow so I will consider them one by one and pick out the ones I like. For contributions, I would appreciate some manpower in downscaling the lunatic weapon upgrades, but I wouldn't want to force that manual labor on anyone ahaha. I'm not really willing to co-develop the hack with anyone, but I would love to hear your opinions on my discord server, I discuss the game quite a bit with some of my friends and playtesters. 

3 hours ago, StairFacts said:

Hide contents

For this, you want to look at Asset Definitions. 

image.thumb.png.e0c5e567e89a2692b7e81f89b4bb0647.png

image.thumb.png.d5b69a2ad18872c488fd394d0845690c.png

image.thumb.png.1d99dabc4e5468a1bbc64326cc0d34d3.png

Search for any magic tome, copy its Visual Effect, and paste it on to Leif's Blade. 

Edited by windypanda1

Another.... hotfix.... v4.0.2.....

Chapter 8 dark mages were not moving on Hard Difficulty, so I fixed them. Developing Lunatic Mode has an effect of accidentally messing with Hard Mode, unfortunately. Please notify me if there are any more bugs that you found. 

Hello? I’m new here and I really like this mod! I feel that Awakening is too easy of a game, so this rebalancing mod is really helpful in that regard! However, I would like to request something, if that’s okay. Do you think it’s possible to make this mod compatible with the Gay Awakening mod? I’m not sure about anyone else, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve tried messing around with the files for almost the entire day at one point, but nothing seemed to work. Every time, it was either the rebalancing mod works, but no same-sex S-supports or the same-sex S-supports are there, but no Hit+10 on the avatar or no change in the enemy stats. If you could make this compatible with Gay Awakening, that would make me very happy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, TheFireEmblem586 said:

Hello? I’m new here and I really like this mod! I feel that Awakening is too easy of a game, so this rebalancing mod is really helpful in that regard! However, I would like to request something, if that’s okay. Do you think it’s possible to make this mod compatible with the Gay Awakening mod? I’m not sure about anyone else, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve tried messing around with the files for almost the entire day at one point, but nothing seemed to work. Every time, it was either the rebalancing mod works, but no same-sex S-supports or the same-sex S-supports are there, but no Hit+10 on the avatar or no change in the enemy stats. If you could make this compatible with Gay Awakening, that would make me very happy!

What version of Gaywakening are you using? If you send it to me I should be able to add it to the rebalance hack.

I think I've stumbled across a couple bugs that I haven't seen mentioned in here. They are: 
- trying to start Lost Bloodlines 3 crashes the game, to the point where my 3DS has to restart
- Nah, with Ricken as her father, didn't inherit her proper skill from him. She was set to get Slow Burn, and instead ended up with Conqueror somehow

Otherwise, I've been really enjoying the hack. I like most of the changes, and it feels a lot snappier to play.

Hello, sorry for the pretty long absense. I've been focusing on other interests so I have been neglecting this hack. I have some things I want to go over.

First of all, the Gay hack. I am personally not very interested in the gay hack, but I know that a ton of people are. I now know how to make my hack compatible with the gay hack but I don't plan on implementing it in the main patch because I think that would be stealing other people's work. Once I am mostly finished with creating this romhack, I might release a compatible version. In the meantime, maybe some other talented people can help out?

On 7/28/2021 at 9:36 AM, supersemantic said:

I think I've stumbled across a couple bugs that I haven't seen mentioned in here. They are: 
- trying to start Lost Bloodlines 3 crashes the game, to the point where my 3DS has to restart
- Nah, with Ricken as her father, didn't inherit her proper skill from him. She was set to get Slow Burn, and instead ended up with Conqueror somehow

Otherwise, I've been really enjoying the hack. I like most of the changes, and it feels a lot snappier to play.

Fixing DLC is on low priority for me, sorry about that... Ricken Conquest is a known bug. I actually flagged him as Walhart so I can assign a personal weapon to him. Grafcalibur is actually a Walhart-only weapon. 

Lastly, some users have reported that the game crashes after beating Chapter 7. I never had this issue, but I sent out a new v4.0.3 patch, can anyone test if it works now?

I will continue working on the Lunatic patch along with some other tweaks once I get back to developing this hack. Thanks y'all for showing a lot of interest. 

Update: v4.0.3 doesn't fix the crash. Chapter 7 works fine on citra but crashes on 3DS... I'll try to figure out why. 

Edited by windypanda1